BEST BUY Paper Mario 2 Thousand Year Door $19.99 (used to be $9.99)

that's weird, there's some major glitching going on over there.

come on....come on.....$49.99 PS2 or $99.99 PSP.......glitch, glitch.

i bet there's a super mario movie coming out soon!

[quote name='Wario64']wasnt this $10 months ago?[/QUOTE]

Last May, I believe.

Hurry up and print it before they remove it. It may be good for a price match at Circuit City.

[quote name='Josef']Last May, I believe.

Hurry up and print it before they remove it. It may be good for a price match at Circuit City.[/QUOTE]

better yet! go to CC and have them PM it +10%!

That's weird, a similar thing happened with Silent Hill 4 and sure enough a restock showed up at the B&Ms shortly thereafter.

This game has been 49.99 everywhere since it came out (except that EB deal I regret passing). Here's one to hoping my "preorder" gets honored. Hopefully, they are finally restocking this as a GH or something.

Anybody know what happened with the $10 price last may someone mentioned? all cancelled?

[quote name='Foolman']EST Arrival date:

10/13-10/19/2004

So...If I ordered this would it have already been at my house?[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing.

So, I placed 10 preorders.

The oddest thing happened when I was signing the mortgage paperwork for my house last April.

The owner of the house handed me a box from Best Buy. According to the invoice outside the box, there were 10 copies of Paper Mario 2 inside.

However, the only thing inside the box was Aquaman's communicator.

Hmm. Pikmin 2 is also showing up as a "preorder", but a players choice at 49.99. Maybe there is a new batch of player choice games coming out. finally.

Hurray!! New Player's Choice games and Paper Mario 2 for 9.99 now. Printing out now for a try a a printout tomorrow at CC.

Well I've got the thing printed out so I'll try PMing at CC... thanks OP.

Interestingly, if you search for Paper Mario, nothing shows up... this game was clearance back in September, right? maybe others will somehow show up again as well?

Has anyone Price Matched a deal like this where the title had "Pre-Order" below it? I know it is probably YMMV, but I wanted to hear from someone who successfully pulled this off. Also in regards to the "Pre-Order", if the game is in stock at BB will they still Price Match?

Anyone try to price match it yet? I'd like to give this a go myself because going to circuit city gives me an excuse to go to the mall.

I pre-ordered. Receipt says release date is 4/27/06 so keeping my fingers crossed that this goes thru.
I just traded in a bunch of games at EB on Thursday and was going to pick up their used copy of this, but they wanted $38 for it so I got XBOX 360 GRAW instead. I would have felt so owned if I had picked it up after seeing this.

Thanks OP.

As far as the $10 price, it was part of the huge clearance last summer, so if you could actually find Paper Mario in store right now (assuming it hasn't gone Player's Choice), it would be $10.

yes this is going players choice as are the other games. However, best buy has not yet updated the prices from their previous status. For example, the last time best buy sold Paper Mario it was 9.99 as seen in the current page. On the other hand, the last time Best Buy sold Zelda 4 Swords it was 49.99 thus the price in the listing despite the fact it will be a players choice title. I am sure they will be updating the price very soon so if you guys want this for 9.99 you better get on it now.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']EB had it for FREE last summer! ($19.99 - $20 rebate certificate = -$0.01)

it's great to be a CAG!![/QUOTE]

You had to open this wound!?

As far as I could figure, about 3-4 people out of, say, 100 CAGers, actually got this rebate.

The ones who did pushed hard against EB and got lucky . . . I filed with the BBB and still never got mine.

It was the only black mark in my EB experience . . . still bugs the shit out of me.

This is primarily for the OP, but also for anyone who knows. How do you go about finding "glitches" like this--especially when the game doesn't come up for a regular search. I would love to find more of these, but don't have time to scour the website trying random entries. Help! I really want to find Mario Baseball or Mario Strikers or Princess Peach for a deal. There are other games I'd probably buy for cheap also, but I already have Paper Mario. Any insights, tricks or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dane.

I was able to get PM free last year but I was on the phone with corporate EB customer service for about 45 minutes. They were pretty cool about it once I got the right person; she just said it was a mix up and they decided not to honor it but if you called they gernerally stepped up and gacve you the refund.

I even looked under the N-P and it never came up also looked thru rpg's under GC page ..nothing..so how the hell did you guys find this game on their site?

[quote name='Fire']Hurray!! New Player's Choice games and Paper Mario 2 for 9.99 now. Printing out now for a try a a printout tomorrow at CC.[/quote]

Wow, i didn't realise there were so many scammers on GAC (if its not a legit price).

Lol, 49.99 for PC games. What a steal.

I photochopped "add to cart" over "preorder" and other things to make it look like it's not a preorder. Can I post it here in CAG?

[quote name='sleepernoob']I photochopped "add to cart" over "preorder" and other things to make it look like it's not a preorder. Can I post it here in CAG?[/QUOTE]

No, post it here.

[quote name='sandrokstar']thanx OP,
i too "pre-ordered" the game. Dont have the bawls to do a price match against Circuit City.[/QUOTE]

grab some bawls from 7-11 and go to walmart then :)

[quote name='grifta67']People trying to go to CC tomorrow might wanna note that I believe they're all closed for Easter.[/QUOTE]

also correct, they are closed 4 easter

I decided to "preorder" the game as well last night, and I just got an email that says:

"Your item is backordered.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The item listed below is not yet available to be shipped. We expect to ship it within the next 1-2 weeks. We will ship the item earlier if it becomes available."

[/FONT]

:applause: Wow thanks OP. Been waiting for this to drop for a while. I'll be checking out local CC's monday. Happy Easter CAGers BTW. :applause:

bread's done
Back