Best Buy-Playstation 3D Display-$299.99 incl. glasses, HDMI, Motorstorm Apocalypse

I was kind of expecting this to stay $300 at bestbuy, but remember someone posting here that the sales tag said ends Dec 24th, so I ordered another one for instore pickup before this died so I can try to get a flawless one and return whichever is worse. I'm not sure if they track serial numbers on these things so I didn't want to risk buying one later at a higher price and returning the old one with the dead pixel with the newer receipt.

This also makes me think they will not go lower than $300 anytime soon. The bundle with 4 games for $399 at sonystyle is still active though, so that is a good option for anyone who missed out. The other games appear to be retail copies, not pack-ins.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/st...10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666414150

[quote name='scottman']I was kind of expecting this to stay $300 at bestbuy, but remember someone posting here that the sales tag said ends Dec 24th, so I ordered another one for instore pickup before this died so I can try to get a flawless one and return whichever is worse. I'm not sure if they track serial numbers on these things so I didn't want to risk buying one later at a higher price and returning the old one with the dead pixel with the newer receipt.[/QUOTE]

This makes no sense. Why not take the one with the bad pixel up to best buy with the receipt and ask for an exchange? No reason to return anything if you only want to exchange for a screen with no bad pixels.

[quote name='iwannadie']This makes no sense. Why not take the one with the bad pixel up to best buy with the receipt and ask for an exchange? No reason to return anything if you only want to exchange for a screen with no bad pixels.[/QUOTE]

I got 10% cashback on the purchase, and wasn't sure if an instore exchange would be like a return/repurchase instore, which would invalidate the original cashback and possibly silver status if I waited. But I also wanted the option to keep my current display in case the 2nd one is worse. I can live with 1 dead pixel if there is a widespread problem and would rather return only one set instead of a possible chain of worse sets.

Thought I would post this here if anyone is interested in getting a second pair of glasses. Right now, Target is offering $10 of $50 online and they also have the ps3 3d glasses on sale for $49.99. All you need to do it add a filler. I added a 99 cent shampoo and after discount and red card, it was only $42.64 for another pair of glasses and shampoo!

After 6 days, my display doesn't work. The light at the bottom just glows blue, green, then flashes red. I'm not using this thing "hardcore" either, just about an hour a day.

I've been googling like mad, a lot of other consumers have the same issue but there aren't any answers/fixes atm. Just a word of warning for anyone looking to buy this thing right away.

Yeah im so pissed that i missed out on it, i now have over $100 in gift cards and wouldn't mind scooping this up and using it

[quote name='redroversk']After 6 days, my display doesn't work. The light at the bottom just glows blue, green, then flashes red. I'm not using this thing "hardcore" either, just about an hour a day.

I've been googling like mad, a lot of other consumers have the same issue but there aren't any answers/fixes atm. Just a word of warning for anyone looking to buy this thing right away.[/QUOTE]

maybe you can exchange it instore?
like others, i'm interested in getting this as well..hope it goes back on sale by new years

dont worry guys, i have been debating ordering one last night before the sale ended. the thought of a 3d monitor for $300 is not bad and it plus comes with a game and a pair of 3d glasses. i ended up not doing it and falling asleep. i don't feel bad about it, but if you can wait, i'm pretty sure it will be on sale again for $300 again sooner or later.

Well, I noticed the Boise Idaho store still had $299 price signs up with the displays, so if you are still interested you might find a store with the $299 price up. If you are not interested, move on. Cheers!

[quote name='jojoschump2000']Well, I noticed the Boise Idaho store still had $299 price signs up with the displays, so if you are still interested you might find a store with the $299 price up. If you are not interested, move on. Cheers![/QUOTE]

As pointed out by my local store(s) the price was up as a mistake and on the sign it says sale valid until 12/24 so HUGE YMMV there

bread's done
Back