Best Buy-Playstation 3D Display-$299.99 incl. glasses, HDMI, Motorstorm Apocalypse

I ordered one for store pick-up, when I get there the woman hands me the display.... and a 160GB PS3. Of course, I have to be all "moral" and say "I don't think this comes with a system." She insists it does, then asks another employee who says "yeah it comes with the TV and the system". Clearly they want me to have this free PS3, but I suggest they double-check and finally they verify that there's only one SKU fpr the display.

I almost bit on this yesterday.

But decided that I'd rather use that money towards my Asus tablet whenever I get around to buying it that is

[quote name='iamsmart']I ordered one for store pick-up, when I get there the woman hands me the display.... and a 160GB PS3. Of course, I have to be all "moral" and say "I don't think this comes with a system." She insists it does, then asks another employee who says "yeah it comes with the TV and the system". Clearly they want me to have this free PS3, but I suggest they double-check and finally they verify that there's only one SKU fpr the display.[/QUOTE]

F Best Buy. I hate them so much, i would have taken the PS3 and then still try to get the $25 GC. :)

I purchased one of these yesterday. I tried to add the ps3 deal for $100 but it would not work with the bundle and rang up well over $400 dollars. I decided to just go with the tv. My first tv I got had 3 dead pixels in the center of the screen so I had to return it, but the second one I received had no dead pixels and less bleeding on the screen and was overall better. I tested several 3d games. I would say killzone 3, Motorstorm looks the best. Weaker 3d games are socom 4, Batman 3d(didn't even see to much difference). I have more to test, but all in all a great purchase. This deal really feels like a mistake the company made due to the current price of 3d tv's and also the simulview which is amazing and well worth the purchase of a second set of 3d glasses. A few things I will mention that would make it better, is obviously a remote(having to reach my hand around the screen every time to change setting is annoying), the charge light on the glasses which doesn't really indicate its charged and you feel like it might run out of power(don't get worried though, make sure you turn on the glasses with the on toggle switch and it will charge) while running it pulses a light again and again which I thought it was close to dying only to read that what it does in 1p simulview, the dying flash of light is very quick and you will notice a diffence, blinking is okay, fast rapid light = need charged. Otherwise then that, that screen is great, you will notice everything the developers did to the game(i.e the moving gun parts of the resistance's bullseye gun that I never noticed till I used this TV) I am very impressed and this tv. I will say I use this as my personal ps3 station which is all sony parts only(system, tv, controller, mics). The family ps3 is still on the big screen.

SUPER tempted to get one of these, but I just can't justify the extra $120 for 3D capability & the split screen feature for like 4 games I don't even play. Maybe $250 will be my breaking point...

I did in store pickup yesterday and used it a bit last night. I didn't really try the 3d yet. But I do like that I can play netflix while I go to bed and the display will turn off automatically when the ps3 auto shuts off.

I picked mine up in-store after work last night (I actually bit when it first hit $400 online, and now I'll have to return that when it shows up...oh well) and I'm extremely impressed with the quality of the display. As many have said, it's a much higher quality 2D display than I had been using for my desktop PC and consoles (an ASUS 23" TN panel).

As for the 3D, I can't believe no one's mentioned Gran Turismo 5; I thought the in-car view in 3D was a revelation. Totally changed how I play the game, even if it's a much more subtle effect.

[quote name='iamsmart']I ordered one for store pick-up, when I get there the woman hands me the display.... and a 160GB PS3. Of course, I have to be all "moral" and say "I don't think this comes with a system." She insists it does, then asks another employee who says "yeah it comes with the TV and the system". Clearly they want me to have this free PS3, but I suggest they double-check and finally they verify that there's only one SKU fpr the display.[/QUOTE]

It takes real integrity to not take advantage of the mistakes of others. :applause: It's not a "deal" if you are getting something that the other person didn't intend to give you or didn't have the right to give to you and you knew that. You might regret not having a "free" PS3, but if you lose your integrity it isn't really free, is it?

[quote name='DarkonJohn']It takes real integrity to not take advantage of the mistakes of others. :applause: It's not a "deal" if you are getting something that the other person didn't intend to give you or didn't have the right to give to you and you knew that. You might regret not having a "free" PS3, but if you lose your integrity it isn't really free, is it?[/QUOTE]

had he taken it, it would have actually been stealing in my mind. obviously he did the right thing.

you just saved 2 jobs. respect.

[quote name='caltab']had he taken it, it would have actually been stealing in my mind. obviously he did the right thing.[/QUOTE]

Totally disagree with this, especially if he had informed the clerk that it wasn't included and she insisted it was. If a store employee knowingly gives you something that is incorrect, this isn't stealing. If you take something out of the store without anybody in the store knowing about it, that's stealing. I would have also corrected her on the PS3 not being included.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Totally disagree with this, especially if he had informed the clerk that it wasn't included and she insisted it was. If a store employee knowingly gives you something that is incorrect, this isn't stealing. If you take something out of the store without anybody in the store knowing about it, that's stealing. I would have also corrected her on the PS3 not being included.[/QUOTE]

if you take something that you know does not belong to you, it is stealing in my mind. Whether or not its actually criminal is another question, I guess. For it to be criminal he would have had to take it without the permission of the owner. The question is does a minimum wage employee have the ability to give best buy's property away after they are told by the customer it should not be included. I personally wouldn't risk this grey area, even if my morals werent what was stopping me.

I had no problems in exchanging my ps3 3d display that had dead pixels at bestbuy, the exchange went through smoothly and my second screen was flawless. So hopefully that answers the previous quesiton a person had in this forum

Dear Sony and BestBuy,

Please decide on your final price and bundle by holiday returns Jan24. M'kay.

Got shot down on the 25. Still hoping on 300+free game. (would have to reverse all my points though)

Omg. Hope they weren't giving out ps3s all day.:cold:

[quote name='tukai']F Best Buy. I hate them so much, i would have taken the PS3 and then still try to get the $25 GC. :)[/QUOTE]

Where did you buy your display?

[quote name='technicalstylez']you just saved 2 jobs. respect.[/QUOTE]

Which is the reason to do it.

I bought a 100 dollar gift card the other week and the girl was clearly on her first day. She kept calling her manager over and was screwing things up left and right. Anyways, the gift card had to be rung up separately. I gave her the money and she hands me 93 dollars back. I'm absolutely stupefied as to what she did. So I ask to see the receipt. Still can't figure it out. So I tell her I don't know she did, but it's definitely not right. She calls her manager over. She counts it out and after both of them thanking me, tells the employee she would have been fired for a mistake that big.

[quote name='golgilak']I purchased one of these yesterday. I tried to add the ps3 deal for $100 but it would not work with the bundle and rang up well over $400 dollars. I decided to just go with the tv. My first tv I got had 3 dead pixels in the center of the screen so I had to return it, but the second one I received had no dead pixels and less bleeding on the screen and was overall better. I tested several 3d games. I would say killzone 3, Motorstorm looks the best. Weaker 3d games are socom 4, Batman 3d(didn't even see to much difference). I have more to test, but all in all a great purchase. This deal really feels like a mistake the company made due to the current price of 3d tv's and also the simulview which is amazing and well worth the purchase of a second set of 3d glasses. A few things I will mention that would make it better, is obviously a remote(having to reach my hand around the screen every time to change setting is annoying), the charge light on the glasses which doesn't really indicate its charged and you feel like it might run out of power(don't get worried though, make sure you turn on the glasses with the on toggle switch and it will charge) while running it pulses a light again and again which I thought it was close to dying only to read that what it does in 1p simulview, the dying flash of light is very quick and you will notice a diffence, blinking is okay, fast rapid light = need charged. Otherwise then that, that screen is great, you will notice everything the developers did to the game(i.e the moving gun parts of the resistance's bullseye gun that I never noticed till I used this TV) I am very impressed and this tv. I will say I use this as my personal ps3 station which is all sony parts only(system, tv, controller, mics). The family ps3 is still on the big screen.[/QUOTE]

If it's Arkham City, go back and climb to the top of some of the buildings and look around. That's where I found that the 3d was it's best. I was not too fond of it while doing the hand-to-hand stuff. Haven't tested it out on the monitor yet though, just my older set.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Kudos to you.

[quote name='technicalstylez']you just saved 2 jobs. respect.[/QUOTE]

BB might be better off w/o employees who make such mistakes.

w/e I would have corrected them the one time, but if they insisted I take it, my mind might be too weak to resist the jedi clerk. Then I'd donate it to Toys for Tots or something.

[quote name='Darknuke']SUPER tempted to get one of these, but I just can't justify the extra $120 for 3D capability & the split screen feature for like 4 games I don't even play. Maybe $250 will be my breaking point...[/QUOTE]

I think... most of you are being only gamers and not big movie fans... people like me are both and 3D movies really really made this deal worth it in every way.

Finally tried mine out today. Got one dark pixel towards the left. Can't really see it during most games, so not sure if it's worth a try exchanging. Anybody who really checks get a perfect display? I keep hearing of others with a few stuck pixels or light bleed so I wouldn't want to get a worse one.

Only tried wipeout HD in 3D so far. It was good, but didn't awe me like I'd hoped. Will have to try more games, but overall I'm satisfied with it at $300. The speakers are much better than some have reported, especially for a 24" screen.

[quote name='scottman']Only tried wipeout HD in 3D so far. It was good, but didn't awe me like I'd hoped. Will have to try more games, but overall I'm satisfied with it at $300. The speakers are much better than some have reported, especially for a 24" screen.[/QUOTE]There is a Screen Size setting somewhere on the PS3 that changes the 3d depth. If you set it to a smaller screen size it will give you better 3d.

[quote name='scottman']Finally tried mine out today. Got one dark pixel towards the left. Can't really see it during most games, so not sure if it's worth a try exchanging. Anybody who really checks get a perfect display? I keep hearing of others with a few stuck pixels or light bleed so I wouldn't want to get a worse one.

Only tried wipeout HD in 3D so far. It was good, but didn't awe me like I'd hoped. Will have to try more games, but overall I'm satisfied with it at $300. The speakers are much better than some have reported, especially for a 24" screen.[/QUOTE]

All this talk about the pixels. This is, probably, why it's drooping so fast. So they can release another next year.

[quote name='Gerry P.']There is a Screen Size setting somewhere on the PS3 that changes the 3d depth. If you set it to a smaller screen size it will give you better 3d.[/QUOTE]

Make a small screen smaller for better viewing? Forget that. Another reason why they are, probably, washing this thing out for next year.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']All this talk about the pixels. This is, probably, why it's drooping so fast. So they can release another next year.

Make a small screen smaller for better viewing? Forget that. Another reason why they are, probably, washing this thing out for next year.[/QUOTE]The setting doesn't shrink the size of your screen, it increases the depth of the 3D if you set it for a smaller display size.

I've been trying to look this up but can't seem to find an answer, just wondering if anyone else knows. When you use the simulview tech, can you also get separate audio streams for the 2 players? this may not be as important for motorstorm, but it can make a big difference for FPS...

[quote name='Gerry P.']The setting doesn't shrink the size of your screen, it increases the depth of the 3D if you set it for a smaller display size.[/QUOTE]

Lol! I spelled drooping, instead of dropping.

Ahhh... So, it's that 3ds type deal, where you slide the control from side to side...

Why don't some of you use the Pulfrich Effect.

It works, especially if you have HD. Get a pair of sunglasses from Dollar Tree or wherever, take out 1 of the lenses(does NOT matter which one, regardless of what they say or what you read..probably depends more on your vision), and BAM 3D TV!:applause:

This could be useful if you're saving up for a bigger 3dtv or projector!:)

I was at bestbuy today and Almost picked one up but I resisted the urge. If it drops any further I will have to buy it, they had a large pile of them stacked up with the lower price signage all over them.

Too bad this isn't in an ad, I would use the trade in credit I got from Toys R us for trading in some of those 5 dollar games from best buy to help pay for this!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Why don't some of you use the Pulfrich Effect.

It works, especially if you have HD. Get a pair of sunglasses from Dollar Tree or wherever, take out 1 of the lenses(does NOT matter which one, regardless of what they say or what you read..probably depends more on your vision), and BAM 3D TV!:applause:

This could be useful if you're saving up for a bigger 3dtv or projector!:)[/QUOTE]

How about you shut the fuck up and stop trolling.

[quote name='gokou36']How about you shut the fuck up and stop trolling.[/QUOTE]

Some of you mutha fuckas are really off your meds!!!! How about you KILL YOURSELFFFFFF and stop wasting time being miserable!!!!!!!!!

Iggy for your dumb, worthless, useless ass!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Some of you mutha fuckas are really off your meds!!!! How about you KILL YOURSELFFFFFF and stop wasting time being miserable!!!!!!!!!

Iggy for your dumb, worthless, useless ass![/QUOTE]

lol, says the kid that's telling me to kill myself. Some people are giving their opinions on the display and all your posts are threadcrapping. You like projectors? Good for you, don't need to repeat that shit twice, go blog it or something. Leave this thread to people who have an interest in the display.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']woah would you guys please calm the shaq-fu down![/QUOTE]

You're right! I can't believe I let riff raff, filth spark a nerve. I mean, the character must be sad or it doesn't have any gifts. Anywho, "let dirt divers play in the mud by themselves".

But, Happy Holidays, I.P.!:)

And, I hope some people try that Pulfrich Effect!:)

[quote name='jmbreci']If it's Arkham City, go back and climb to the top of some of the buildings and look around. That's where I found that the 3d was it's best. I was not too fond of it while doing the hand-to-hand stuff. Haven't tested it out on the monitor yet though, just my older set.[/QUOTE]

found the same thing with arkham city was hard to keep up with combat cause batman jumps around alot during the combos, monitor is actually pretty sweet, got it yesterday cover was pretty beat up from ship but the tv is flawless

[quote name='FactionG']Is it just me or does this look like a gigantic, flattened psp go?[/QUOTE]

yeah it does and I love this display

bread's done
Back