BEST BUY Pre-owned games Deals of The Week (4/13 - 4/19) B2G1 free on all preowned games

milehighshooter

CAGiversary!
link----->  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pre-owned-trade-in-games/pre-owned-games/pcmcat232900050017.c?id=pcmcat232900050017

:wiiu:

just dance 2014 $32.99

assassin's creed 4 black flag $17.99

cabala's big game hunter $17.99

spongebob squarepants plankton's robotic revenge $7.99

rayman legends $27.99

:wii:

just dance 2014 $22.99

angry birds star wars $12.99

teenage mutant ninja turtles smash up $12.99

:3ds:

angry birds star wars $12.99

cut the rope triple treat $12.99

yoshi's new island $32.99

spongebob squarepants plankton's robotic revenge $12.99

:ds:

none

:360:

just dance 2014 $22.99

assassin's creed 4 black flag  $17.99

WWE 2k14 $27.99

payday 2 $17.99

south park the stick of truth $37.99

cabala's big hunter pro hunts $17.99

teenge mutant ninja turtles $17.99

dark souls 2 $47.99

rayman legends $27.99

angry birds star wars $17.99

:xb1:

angry birds star wars $37.99

plants vs. zombies garden warfare $27.99

thief $42.99

titanfall $47.99

:ps3:

just dance 2014 $22.99

assassin's creed 4 black flag  $17.99

WWE 2k14 $27.99

payday 2 $17.99

south park the stick of truth $37.99

cabala's big hunter pro hunts $17.99

dark souls 2 $47.99

rayman legends $27.99

:vita:

rayman legends $17.99

:ps4:

angry birds star wars $37.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='YBX87']it is still too much, i will wait till the $20 price point.[/QUOTE]

i totally agree however lots of people who apperently use this coupon alot (mostly non cag's) will like those prices after the discounts. soccer moms and whatnot

[quote name='TooPoor']Good idea. But I might want to try in store to avoid getting a disc only copy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this is my first time order a used game online. Hopefully it doesn't leave a bad taste in my mouth. I guess I could try and swap it out in store if I get a generic case.

[quote name='strait edge follower']i totally agree however lots of people who apperently use this coupon alot (mostly non cag's) will like those prices after the discounts. soccer moms and whatnot[/QUOTE]

soccers mom has no idea, that these coupons even exist. Especially since the only way you can even use these coupons now, is to be a unlocked gamers club by paying the $14.99 fee upfront., which on the surface will turn away soccers moms.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Yeah this is my first time order a used game online. Hopefully it doesn't leave a bad taste in my mouth. I guess I could try and swap it out in store if I get a generic case.[/QUOTE]

if you want to insure you get a used copy with the full cover art/manual, i would suggest you go to your local bb store, and make the purchase. In the end, you are going to have to end up going to the store, if you do get not geta copy with full cover art/manual.

Heading in on Monday to see if I can score a LA Noire Complete Edition.
Pretty sure either edition are under the same sku so I just have to cross my fingers.

Is Killzone 3 worth the 10$ or should I just purchase at 19$ New on Amazon? (i have 10$ reward cert)

Also: does KZ 3 have a code for multiplayer?

Last edited by a moderator:
I went ahead and ordered Forza 4 for $3. I checked about online pass and it doesn't seem to need one, so used is just fine for me.

[quote name='JMusic']I went ahead and ordered Forza 4 for $3. I checked about online pass and it doesn't seem to need one, so used is just fine for me.[/QUOTE]

And that didn't work out so great. I'm glad I did store pickup, because I opened it to find it was the essentials version and returned it immediately. They had no other used copies. Oh well, adding that back to my buy list. :)

Just my store maybe, but it was ringing up at normal used prices. Forza had price of $25, two PS3 games I tried had price of $18. Got Forza PM'd though.

[quote name='Gedemer']Is Killzone 3 worth the 10$ or should I just purchase at 19$ New on Amazon? (i have 10$ reward cert)

Also: does KZ 3 have a code for multiplayer?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it uses an online pass.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I don't think it uses an online pass.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's better to save the money and get a used copy in this case, although used games from Best Buy run the chance of being incomplete.

[quote name='JMusic']I went ahead and ordered Forza 4 for $3. I checked about online pass and it doesn't seem to need one, so used is just fine for me.[/QUOTE]

I just popped into this thread...how'd you get that for $3?

[quote name='Zolor23']I'm guessing a $15 RZ Cert.[/QUOTE]I'm really tired of people treating their purchases like the only cost is that which comes directly out of their wallet/bank account, as it's both (a) wrong (most of the time) and (b) misleading to readers.

Sure, the RZ certificates are like coupons that also reduce the final tax amount, but you can't treat them like they weren't part of your payment method!

/rant

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm really tired of people treating their purchases like the only cost is that which comes directly out of their wallet/bank account, as it's both (a) wrong (most of the time) and (b) misleading to readers.

Sure, the RZ certificates are like coupons that also reduce the final tax amount, but you can't treat them like they weren't part of your payment method!

/rant[/QUOTE]
Glad I am not the only one. Why would someone post misleading information like this is beyond me.

And while I am on the subject, a common pitfall regarding certs is the the "mentally self justifying double dip", as in "I got this game for $40 because I will get $20 GCU reward zone certificate later" -1 month later- "I got this game for $10 after using a $20 reward zone certificate".

This reminds me of when VanillaGorilla started a thread back in the day about getting a free Saints Row from EBGames...because he traded in games to get it (keep in mind this was from 2006, but it goes to show you this mentality goes way back on this forum!)

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']So I head over to EB with games in tow for trading in. I had Top Spin 2 (360), DMC3: Special Edition, Mega Man X Collection, and Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal. I ask if they have a used Saints Row, and the guy kinda smiled. He said "Yes, we do. All thanks to Jose." He then goes over to grab the display box, and while he's doing this, he tells me the game hasn't even been played yet, and that "Jose" wanted cash for it. Very fishy....Anyways, with the $10 bonus for trading in 3 games, and my GameStop card, I end up getting $49.49 in credit. And wouldn't you know it, that's the EXACT price that Saints Row rings up at. Awesome. So I came in with 4 games I never play, and left with a brand spanking new (pretty much) Saints Row.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TooPoor']Glad I am not the only one. Why would someone post misleading information like this is beyond me.

And while I am on the subject, a common pitfall regarding certs is the the "mentally self justifying double dip", as in "I got this game for $40 because I will get $20 GCU reward zone certificate later" -1 month later- "I got this game for $10 after using a $20 reward zone certificate".[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't care how people justify purchases to themselves, but when they just quote incorrect prices it's not helpful at all.

[quote name='JMusic']And that didn't work out so great. I'm glad I did store pickup, because I opened it to find it was the essentials version and returned it immediately. They had no other used copies. Oh well, adding that back to my buy list. :)[/QUOTE]

The price was mentioned (more than a few times) in this thread and at the link from the first post. If I had actually found a $3 deal, it would have warranted its own post (IN CAPS!!!!). :roll:

And I have learned something. Never, ever, use Paypal to buy something from Best Buy if there is any chance you will need to return it. 48 hours to get the return back to Paypal, and then Paypal puts a hold on the funds to "review" the refund.

Also, the rz cert still hasn't shown back up (got an email that says 3-5 days).

And I owned the item for 2 minutes... would have been less but damn they like to reseal their used games well.

Oh well, $3. I'm sure I'll get it back someday.

Speaking of Forza on a different note, does anyone own a good wheel/pedal combo for the XBOX? I have the driving force GT for PS3 and it's great, but I never got into the Forza games because I'm not buying that stupid half wheel they have out now.

Does anybody know when was the last time BB had a legitimate B2G2 sale? All I can think of is one or two from late 2011/early 2012.

[quote name='abbabaab']Does anybody know when was the last time BB had a legitimate B2G2 sale? All I can think of is one or two from late 2011/early 2012.[/QUOTE]I assume you mean B2G1? Whenever a B2G2 sale appeared, it was a glitch during legit B2G1 sales.

Anyway, there was a B2G1 about a month ago or so, IIRC. I didn't participate in it, though, so I'm not positive.

[quote name='Vigilante']I assume you mean B2G1? Whenever a B2G2 sale appeared, it was a glitch during legit B2G1 sales.

Anyway, there was a B2G1 about a month ago or so, IIRC. I didn't participate in it, though, so I'm not positive.[/QUOTE]

wasn't there a b2g1 free last week ,or 2 weeks, which ended up being a mistake? they pull the ad banner for it online midweek. It was never advertise in the weekly ad, or in store.

[quote name='YBX87']wasn't there a b2g1 free last week ,or 2 weeks, which ended up being a mistake? they pull the ad banner for it online midweek. It was never advertise in the weekly ad, or in store.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I didn't include that one since it never actually went through unless you were able to convince someone (via phone for online orders, a manager for in-store purchases) to let you get the third game for free.

[quote name='Vigilante']I assume you mean B2G1? Whenever a B2G2 sale appeared, it was a glitch during legit B2G1 sales.

Anyway, there was a B2G1 about a month ago or so, IIRC. I didn't participate in it, though, so I'm not positive.[/QUOTE]

No, I mean B2G2. I very distinctly remember at least one such sale around the holidays that year, and it wasn't a glitch.

But I'll take your response to say that there hasn't been one since then. Which means there probably won't be another one any time soon. Oh well.

[quote name='abbabaab']No, I mean B2G2. I very distinctly remember at least one such sale around the holidays that year, and it wasn't a glitch.

But I'll take your response to say that there hasn't been one since then. Which means there probably won't be another one any time soon. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Threr hasn't been since then. They did it a couple times when they were getting started but no since.

Are these prices in-store as well? Really don't want to go through the hassle of price-matching the website and trying to get my gamer coupon to work as well.

[quote name='Kablasia']Are these prices in-store as well? Really don't want to go through the hassle of price-matching the website and trying to get my gamer coupon to work as well.[/QUOTE]
Yes

Black ops wasn't $37.99 in-store, it was $49.99 or something like that. The guy couldn't get the preowned coupon to work with it after the price match, but was able to override the price to $24.99 for me. After a trade in and certificate I only needed to pay $10.

[quote name='ChunkyLeftovers']Wish it was L.A. Noire Complete Edition :baby:[/QUOTE]

If you can find the complete edition in store it should ring up as $9.99. At least that's how RDR GOTY works.

link ---------> to the rest of the games B2G1 on all used games this week! http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pre-Own...es/pcmcat232900050017.c?id=pcmcat232900050017 :) just tried adding some games to cart and its working fine

:wii:

the legend of zelda: twilight princess $9.99
animal crossing; city folk $12.99
lego harry potter: years 1-4 $12.99
super mario galaxy $12,99
wii sports resort $14.99
warioware: smooth moves $14.99
band hero $14.99
donky kong country returns $19.99
mario kart wii $24.99
mario party 8 $24.99

link for the wii games http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-Promotions/null/pcmcat261700050032.c?id=pcmcat261700050032

new list of games for the week

[quote name='Geco17']Anyone else get the B2G1 to work yet? Won't take off for me.[/QUOTE]

Not working for me either. So you are not alone at least!

I remember last B2G1 it took a while as well for it to add to the cart

[quote name='3GSid']Not working for me either. So you are not alone at least!

I remember last B2G1 it took a while as well for it to add to the cart[/QUOTE]

Good to know thanks. Hopefully the items I want don't go out of stock :(

[quote name='3GSid']Not working for me either. So you are not alone at least!

I remember last B2G1 it took a while as well for it to add to the cart[/QUOTE]

retry it now its working good for me :pray:

[quote name='milehighshooter']retry it now its working good for me :pray:[/QUOTE]

Thanks! :D 2 refreshes after you posted this and submitted my order

Finally working for me haha. Was able to get the games I wanted at least!

Really wish Luigis Mansion was available, but oh well haha

bread's done
Back