Best Buy price drops - Nioh, Gravity Rush 2, Last Guardian - $19.99 ($15.99 GCU)

I'd buy Gravity Rush 2, but I played the demo and for the life of me I just couldn't understand the controls. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Would have jumped on No Man's Sky, but will wait until the Xbox version hits sub $20
May have to wait a bit. Pretty sure it is coming out as a full priced release on Xbox One. If you have the game already you can get the new content with a free update too. In my opinion, No Man's Sky is worth playing now especially for this price.

I'd buy Gravity Rush 2, but I played the demo and for the life of me I just couldn't understand the controls. :lol:
I had the same problem when I played the 1st game on vita free for plus. Then I went back a year or two later and some how it worked. I liked it enough that it got me to buy part 2 as well as the remastered part 1 on PS4.

I have all of these except Knack 2, but is Knack 2 worth it for this price or should I hold out for cheaper?
It's decent imo. It's on the easy side even on hardest difficulty since it's made for kids. The presentation is good but gets slightly repetitive since the combat is rather simple. Think of it as a light version of God of War (pre-reboot). Also, if you have a PS4 Pro, it runs nearly flawless 60fps@1080p.

It's decent imo. It's on the easy side even on hardest difficulty since it's made for kids. The presentation is good but gets slightly repetitive since the combat is rather simple. Think of it as a light version of God of War (pre-reboot). Also, if you have a PS4 Pro, it runs nearly flawless 60fps@1080p.
Yes $16 for knack 2 is buy it price
Good games lowest price is $15 GCU
Anything lower don’t. Ask
Thanks for the feedback! I decided to pass on Knack 2 today and ended up ordering a copy of Wild Guns: Reloaded for Switch after I realized the physical release is exclusive to Gamestop.

I'll hold out for Knack 2 to be cheaper. I still don't even have a physical copy of the first one anyway. These would be good cheap pickups during a Gamestop b2g1 on used.

Nioh looks fun though, in a frustrating smash-the-controller Ninja Gaiden sort of way.
Nioh isn't that hard if you played Souls/Borne games. The difficulty is really in the leveling system and all the millions of items you can collect, forge, craft, farm, etc. Once you have the proper gears and levels, it's not that hard at all.

Ninja Gaiden is pure, no bs, hard action game. You die because you suck, not because you don't have the proper gears/level.

If they're permanent price drops, especially judging by the listings on BB's website stating "Price Drop" rather than "On Sale", I can wait for SotC to drop a little more. Definitely don't have time to play it with Yakuza 6 right now.

By time I actually play Horizon Zero Dawn, the complete version will be the same price as the vanilla one I got last winter... If only I knew they'd bundle the DLC. Meh.

Historically games that drop like this are $10 on Black Friday as well.

^It's an MSRP drop. You can get it in other stores or digital for the same price. (Minus GCU)

You can control the mid-air camera with either the right analog or with gyro controls. It might take some getting used to, but you'll get the hang of it soon enough.

Went with Nioh, Last Guardian & No Man's Sky. GR2 sold out online, but Tyrok said his store got several of each reduced game, I'll check in store when I pick up the rest. Thanks OP!

^It's an MSRP drop. You can get it in other stores or digital for the same price. (Minus GCU)

You can control the mid-air camera with either the right analog or with gyro controls. It might take some getting used to, but you'll get the hang of it soon enough.
Wish somebody would tell that to target.com they have it for 39.99 yet ...

What are peoples thoughts as to whether or not gravity rush 2 will come back in stock for shipping at best buy ???

The one bad thing bout waiting for a deal , it's rare, but sometimes it sells out before it gets to the price you want, and sometimes it gets to the price you want but when it does you only have a few hours to buy it before it's gone and you don't even know it's on sale before it's sold out, sigh !!!...

I always have to do a double take whenever I look at the front cover of Gravity Rush 2.  That right knee always looks like a butt cheek to me at first glance.  

I actually missed it too. The website said it was in-stock at a local store when I placed my order but then a few minutes later I got another e-mail saying it's no longer available at that store or anywhere else in my area. Hopefully it comes back in for shipping at least.
Got gravity fish for store pickup and now have my order saying it’s not available within 250 miles and I can’t change to shipping b cause it’s sold out. God damnit.
Same exact thing happened to me, but I went to my local store first thing this morning (waited 5 min before open) and grabbed the last copy off the shelf. Wonder if I took someone's copy...

Thanks OP!

Wish i would have known it was a permanent price drop before buying some games.

The one bad thing bout waiting for a deal , it's rare, but sometimes it sells out before it gets to the price you want, and sometimes it gets to the price you want but when it does you only have a few hours to buy it before it's gone and you don't even know it's on sale before it's sold out, sigh !!!...
Exactly what happened to me with Dark souls 3: FFE

How much lower will The Last Guardian go in the next 6 months? I could see it going on sale for $15 before GCU but not likely lower until next black friday/christmas. I might have bought it at $16 but I got lucky and found a copy of the Chinese LE/Steelbook for $30.

Gravity Rush 2 was sold out at BestBuy, but I managed to snag the  last new copy at my local gamestop for 20.  Picked up the last guardian at best buy for 17

Do you need to play the first one in order to understand Gravity Rush 2?
No, not really. You could always watch YouTube videos of the first game if you are curious. I've had Gravity Rush 2 for about a year now myself and haven't played too much of it, but what I did play I would say was better than the first game, which was pretty great.

Hey, does anyone know how long it takes for gamerclub unlocked to work on your account? I bought it instore yesterday with games. It worked with the games that I bought yesterday, but looking on their website it isn't lowering the price like I would have GCU.

why did i only see this today? rip. oh well, I can see Gravity Rush 2 possibly being on the PS+ free game list eventually

Just got Gravity Rush 2, The Last Guardian, and Wipeout Omega Collection...it's being delivered friday, Gamefly also just informed me that God Of War just shipped.  Guess I'm not sleeping for the next 3 months. ...

Hey, does anyone know how long it takes for gamerclub unlocked to work on your account? I bought it instore yesterday with games. It worked with the games that I bought yesterday, but looking on their website it isn't lowering the price like I would have GCU.
Mine took a week before it showed up.

Picked up knack 2 and wipeout at bestbuy. I was to late on gravity rush 2 and GameStop is now sold out. Ended up getting it online at Walmart for $26. More then I wanted to pay but it doesn’t look like there will be a restock. I would have payed about that anyways though at GameStop with there shipping.

Picked up knack 2 and wipeout at bestbuy. I was to late on gravity rush 2 and GameStop is now sold out. Ended up getting it online at Walmart for $26. More then I wanted to pay but it doesn’t look like there will be a restock. I would have payed about that anyways though at GameStop with there shipping.
Unless you really wanted a physical copy, Gravity Rush 2 has dropped to $20 on PSN as well. Not too sad that I missed out on it from Best Buy since I'm sure it will be $10 or less on PSN in a future sale.

A few years ago when GCU wasn't so common, all of these games would have been cheaper by another $10. Every single one of them. *sigh* I miss the old Best Buy.

Unless you really wanted a physical copy, Gravity Rush 2 has dropped to $20 on PSN as well. Not too sad that I missed out on it from Best Buy since I'm sure it will be $10 or less on PSN in a future sale.

I prefer physical on the PS4 when It’s a option.

So are these a temporary new price, permanent price drops, or a sale? It's at all retailers seemingly so I was confused about that

Good to know that these are actually price drops. That makes more sense that Best Buy hardly advertised this as a "sale." 

I'll hold on a bit longer for HZD and the others in that case.

bread's done
Back