Best Buy price drops - Nioh, Gravity Rush 2, Last Guardian - $19.99 ($15.99 GCU)

SO I may have missed this, but for all of these games with the price drops, are more physical copies coming or is the idea the price is dropped and we'll have to get them via PSN moving forward (i.e. no more physical copies)?

SO I may have missed this, but for all of these games with the price drops, are more physical copies coming or is the idea the price is dropped and we'll have to get them via PSN moving forward (i.e. no more physical copies)?
its possible that gravity rush 2 is out of print in general. best buy doesnt seem to be planning on ordering more.

Called the only Gamestop near me today that had GR2.  It was a display copy, sadly.  Isn't it funny how every single time the only copy is the display copy, the employee says in the exact same way, "oh, yeah, we just have the display copy, but it's still new, somehow."  I can just imagine the GS training information specifically mentioning it and going, "yes, we sell non-new things as new, but you have to make sure to lie to the customer and tell them that even though they definitely aren't new, they're still new, okay?  You have to remind them of this any time someone asks.  It's not a good lie if it isn't consistent."

Called the only Gamestop near me today that had GR2. It was a display copy, sadly. Isn't it funny how every single time the only copy is the display copy, the employee says in the exact same way, "oh, yeah, we just have the display copy, but it's still new, somehow." I can just imagine the GS training information specifically mentioning it and going, "yes, we sell non-new things as new, but you have to make sure to lie to the customer and tell them that even though they definitely aren't new, they're still new, okay? You have to remind them of this any time someone asks. It's not a good lie if it isn't consistent."
but it is new, just not sealed

display electronics are pretty commonplace. its one thing when they fail to disclose if its unsealed, but its nothing disturbing if they do.

I'm pretty sure Gamestop just puts a NEW sticker on their pre-owned copies and don't really care about it. The guy even looked at his computer to see if there were any pre-owned copies since I asked if they have only one copy and he quickly said yes. How could the paper from Gravity Rush 2 be crumpled or damaged, obviously it's because the game was pre-owned.   

but it is new, just not sealed

display electronics are pretty commonplace. its one thing when they fail to disclose if its unsealed, but its nothing disturbing if they do.
There is a “chance” it’s still unplayed but there is also a chance it has been played by every single employee.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure Gamestop just puts a NEW sticker on their pre-owned copies and don't really care about it. The guy even looked at his computer to see if there were any pre-owned copies since I asked if they have only one copy and he quickly said yes. How could the paper from Gravity Rush 2 be crumpled or damaged, obviously it's because the game was pre-owned.
Im really surprised that no one has taken legal action against rapestop on this... selling used games as new

About a month ago I picked up the last gutted Wipeout at a Gamestop and it also came with a crumpled paper/booklet. It became crumpled when the employees shoved it in the little baggie that held the disc in the drawer.

About a month ago I picked up the last gutted Wipeout at a Gamestop and it also came with a crumpled paper/booklet. It became crumpled when the employees shoved it in the little baggie that held the disc in the drawer.
they do that pretty often if theres paper in the case because they cant have the paper stay inside the plastic case being displayed. lets say there was some code for something game related, that could be easily stolen, or someone could just read it and redeem it on their phone.

Saw Destiny 2 is on sale for $9.99 ($7.99 GCU). Had a lot of fun with it when it first came out. Not sure how many people still play it at this point though.

If Gamestop is too scared someone might use the paper inside the case for a code, why did they even open the game up. They should just make their own display cases for the games and keep the new sealed games in the back or at register. They always have their black cases too so just lazy from their end.  

Got my copy of GR2 in the mail from GS. It was a gutted copy scuffed to hell and slapped with stickers. Nice "new" game. Thought I'd be safe ordering online, I clearly underestimated GS.

Got my copy of GR2 in the mail from GS. It was a gutted copy scuffed to hell and slapped with stickers. Nice "new" game. Thought I'd be safe ordering online, I clearly underestimated GS.
A lot of their games are likely shipped from "gutted" store stock unless it's a brand new major release.

I don't know if it's a price drop or part of some sale (or it may have been this way for a while; I never paid attention before now), but Yakuza Kiwami steelbook edition is $15, $12 with GCU.

Is it possible to buy a game without GCU?

I bought 3 copies of Nioh less than 12 months ago and sold them all. $20 is still a good price point for me now I have a ps4 again.

Edit: to clarify, I want to use rewards cert for it. Otherwise I can walk in and buy it for cash without GCU by refusing to give me phone number.

Is it possible to buy a game without GCU?

I bought 3 copies of Nioh less than 12 months ago and sold them all. $20 is still a good price point for me now I have a ps4 again.

Edit: to clarify, I want to use rewards cert for it. Otherwise I can walk in and buy it for cash without GCU by refusing to give me phone number.
Just don't give them your bestbuy account number. You can't use certs since it's tied to your account.

THE INSANELY STUBBORN BE PRAISED

Clicked on the Gravity Rush 2 link today, not expecting anything, as Ive done every day since this OP was created...in stock, ordered!

Insanity is when you do the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. Well, what do you call it when try #1928947 is a success? WHO'S CRAZY NOW HUH!?!?!? 

IM NOT CRAZY. YOU ARE. YOU ALL ARE. THEYRE COMING FOR US.

Was able to add GR2 to cart for shipping; as soon as I tried to check out, however, it said available for store pickup only. Closed out of my browser, went back to the site and placed the order again: this time, the system processed the order for shipping. Crazy.

Looks like GR2 stock if flickering. Sometimes just shows in store only. Clear your cookies, enter private mode, or try another browser if you're having trouble.

Btw, I still haven't received my $10 in rewards back from when they screwed up my first order. I had to contact them again today.

Should I get GR2? I just got the remaster for the first one the other day, yet to play it either.
I mean, you could completely hate the game series, but better to buy GR2 now and then return after trying out the first one, than to completely miss out on the purchase.

Glad Gravity Rush 2 came back in stock so quickly, not sure why people were thinking it would be out of stock permanently.  Returning my Gamestop one, just regret buying it and wasting the gas to pick it up

Glad Gravity Rush 2 came back in stock so quickly, not sure why people were thinking it would be out of stock permanently. Returning my Gamestop one, just regret buying it and wasting the gas to pick it up
There are actually quite a few people here who rightfully implied that once they came back in stock, the price would go back up as this was not one of games that got an actual price drop. It's happened before.

There are actually quite a few people here who rightfully implied that once they came back in stock, the price would go back up as this was not one of games that got an actual price drop. It's happened before.
Seems to be an actual price drop to me. Best Buy is OOS again at $19.99, but Gamestop still has it for that price.

Also, other places are now selling Gravity Rush 2 for under $20. For example, Bullmoose has it for $18.97 (free shipping over $30):

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/22905800/ps4-gravity-rush-2

Glad Gravity Rush 2 came back in stock so quickly, not sure why people were thinking it would be out of stock permanently. Returning my Gamestop one, just regret buying it and wasting the gas to pick it up
Well is it coming back in this time or is it one for good ..??

It did get an actual price drop though? On Best Buy it said "Price Drop" and is the same $20 everywhere else now, can actively be bought from Gamestop.com

Well is it coming back in this time or is it one for good ..??
It will be back, just check in on it every once in awhile. This is not the first time it came back

Maybe because when the original GR sold out it was gone for good? They didn't print many copies of either game.

Yay, the GR2 they sent me this time is actually GR2! I also finally got my reward points back from last time.

Coincidentally, my dad recently ordered two identical 32GB thumb drives from BB, and they arrived today. Of the two items shipped, one is the correct thumb drive, and the other is a different model as well as 256GB. In this case, the wrong item turned out to be better, so we're not complaining. It's odd though that BB would mess up our online orders twice in a small time span.

bread's done
Back