Best Buy price drops - Nioh, Gravity Rush 2, Last Guardian - $19.99 ($15.99 GCU)

A few years ago when GCU wasn't so common, all of these games would have been cheaper by another $10. Every single one of them. *sigh* I miss the old Best Buy.
Well yeah, 15 years ago these would have eventually been $4.99 at Circuit City, $2 at KMart/Sears or $1.99 at Best Buy. These are different times now - rarely will we see those types of huge discounts again.

"Best Buy has sucked ever since they stopped giving Tank Tank Tank away for free!"

I don't understand these whiny posts. I've never had much problem finding enough deals every month to blow my gaming budget on, and my backlog continues its upward trend. Fairly sure most of us are at the point where we could never buy another game and die long before we finish all the ones we already have. 

"Boo hoo hoo, I'll never get a chance to buy garbage like Steel Diver for $5 again." 

Except I will, Five Below has new garbage games for $5 about every other month. 

QQ

I've noticed that there are plenty of people on this board that seem to think a company paying $20 for an item, and then selling it for $10 nets the company $10. 

"Best Buy wouldn't price match this $60 game that some no name place has for listed for $15. They obviously don't want my money!"

Yeah, obviously!

"Best Buy has sucked ever since they stopped giving Tank Tank Tank away for free!"

I don't understand these whiny posts. I've never had much problem finding enough deals every month to blow my gaming budget on, and my backlog continues its upward trend. Fairly sure most of us are at the point where we could never buy another game and die long before we finish all the ones we already have.

"Boo hoo hoo, I'll never get a chance to buy garbage like Steel Diver for $5 again."
Except I will, Five Below has new garbage games for $5 about every other month.
QQ
You seem to be far, far more upset than anyone else here. No one said anything close to that.

BB sent me Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 instead of Gravity Rush 2 OTL

Calling now to see if they can find me a replacement.

-Update-

Item is no longer available online, so they can't send me a replacement. All they can do is a refund.

F*, the one time I really need the shipped item to be correct, and they screw it up.

They issued the refund and said I could keep the wrong game. I already own it though. It trades in for $16 at BB... maybe I'll just get some credit out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
So then to be clear, you weren't talking about anyone in this thread? You just decided to bring up people complaining in other threads?
To be clear, no one in this thread was complaining to the ridiculous extent that I mentioned, but people were complaining. The posts are right there above mine. You can go look. They aren't hidden. Anyway, that reminded me of the ridiculous extent some people will take their complaining. So I commented on it. You up to speed now? Can we move on?

To be clear, no one in this thread was complaining to the ridiculous extent that I mentioned, but people were complaining.
I just think you don't seem to know the difference between "complaining" and "discussing" (or simply saying you miss the lower prices, while on a website dedicated to saving money), and that's what caused all that.

In any case, I've got no real problem with the current system because it still at least pays for itself even if you just buy a few games. But I do miss the trade promos of old.

Well yeah, 15 years ago these would have eventually been $4.99 at Circuit City, $2 at KMart/Sears or $1.99 at Best Buy. These are different times now - rarely will we see those types of huge discounts again.
"Eventually" being the key word. I don't think there was ever a time prior to X1/PS4/WiiU in which you'd see games hit $20 within a year of release. Between 1.5 - 2 years they'd be "Greatest Hits/Classics/etc." then maybe. Prior to that you never saw games hit 50% off after 2 months either so...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Best Buy sent me a $5 savings code so I picked up Nioh finally, along with Hidden Agenda for $20.66!

Was hoping to pick up Gravity Rush 2 at some point this week but Nioh for roughly $10.99 is a happy alternative.

I have seen/read many good things about Nioh so I might finally get this game. I debated it last Black Friday but now seems like a good time to add yet another game to my ever-growing backlog. lol

I have seen/read many good things about Nioh so I might finally get this game. I debated it last Black Friday but now seems like a good time to add yet another game to my ever-growing backlog. lol
Get it and move it to the top of your backlog. The main game was my 2nd favorite of 2017 behind Zelda and I recently got the season pass on sale so I'm hoping to get through the DLC during the slow summer months.

Gravity Rush 2 back in stock online at Gamestop.  If you want a hard copy might want to get it now before all the copies are snatched up by re-sellers.  The game looks like it'll be OOP soon.

Stopped by my local BB to see if they had any Gravity Rush 2 left. Rep I talked to said there are none in stores nearby, none online, and they don't have more on order. He asked out of curiosity which game BB had sent me instead.

Went to GS next. They only had used for $30, but they found another local GS that had one new copy left. Picked that one up for $20. Of course it was already unwrapped and the outer spine of the case a bit damaged >_>

It's also $20 on psn, but I prefer physical when I can. It's in stock at GS website. Cheapest shipping is $5.50.

Just picked up GR2 at GameStop “new”. Was in a sleeve and he had to get case off the shelf. How is that new?
Are you seriously asking that question, or are you just nitpicking at Gamestop's policies? It's not like the "selling gutted display copies as new" situation is a recent development at Gamestop.

Perfectly timed Wipeout price drop for me. Picked that up along with Gravity Rush 2,The Last Guardian, Nioh, and Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete.

Are you seriously asking that question, or are you just nitpicking at Gamestop's policies?
It is mildly astounding that he seems to be encountering this for the first time, but reacting to this BS deserves better than "nitpicking". This policy is borderline fraudulent and objectively abhorrent, now or 15 years ago.

It is mildly astounding that he seems to be encountering this for the first time, but reacting to this BS deserves better than "nitpicking". This policy is borderline fraudulent and objectively abhorrent, now or 15 years ago.
Okay, maybe nitpicking was the wrong word to use. Just found it weird that he was complaining about the policy given its long history. Figured most people just shrug at the whole situation at this point... at least I do. I can vehemently disagree with the policy, and still understand why they do it in the first place. Plus no one forces anyone to buy the open games at new prices.

I really want to buy Nioh, but I am still holding hope for a "Complete Edition" to be released.
I ended up buying Nioh for $16 and the season pass for $12.50, so a somewhat decent price for a split physical/digital "complete" edition. At the very least, you can pick up Nioh now and return before the return period ends if there isn't another flash sale on the Season Pass.

So slightly off topic, but today's BBY DOTD is for the Nomad vehicle that came with CE(s) of Mass Effect Andromeda.

Didn't want to make a separate thread for this since most people would not consider this a deal, but wanted to bring it up just in case.

Model ($29.99):
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pdp-mass-effect-andromeda-collectors-edition-nomad-nd1-white-black/5692600.p?skuId=5692600

R/C ($79.99):
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pdp-mass-effect-andromeda-collectors-edition-remote-control-nomad-nd1-white-black/5693700.p?skuId=5693700

Wow Nioh for $16. Talk about value. That game was so much fun. Spent 100+ hours and there was still much to play. 

Edit: By the time you finish the base game, the GOTY edition will be long out. For $16 base game is a steal. 

There's a very low chance that Best Buy will have Gravity Rush 2 back in stock. Just get one from Gamestop as it's better to have the game now than later since GameStop might run out as well. Be sure to ask the Gamestop employee if they have a sealed copy otherwise a gutted copy is okay. If the game case is bad, just get another cheap game that has a good case and switch them and return the other game. Battleborn is pretty cheap right now. 

None of the best buys around me had this in stock. Ended up going to 2 different gamestops and both only had display copies. My brother was willing to take a display copy but when he opened them up one had the little booklet completely thrashed and the at the other gamestop the disc had scratches! Hw finally decided to order one from Gamestops site Nd when it arrived today....IT WAS A DISPLAY COPY!!! Worse of all the artwork had several tears!

None of the best buys around me had this in stock. Ended up going to 2 different gamestops and both only had display copies. My brother was willing to take a display copy but when he opened them up one had the little booklet completely thrashed and the at the other gamestop the disc had scratches! Hw finally decided to order one from Gamestops site Nd when it arrived today....IT WAS A DISPLAY COPY!!! Worse of all the artwork had several tears!
yeah, many online orders are fulfilled by stores, and honestly they couldnt care less, they are going to save the good stuff for in store sales

Are you new around these parts?

Gravity Rush 2 doesn't even come with a booklet!

This guy's a great big phony!!
Haha Whatever it is. Not sure if it was a booklet or not i just know my brother was pissed when he checked out the game in the car. He showed me the paper insert and immediately walked back inside the store and returned it.

And no im not new. I fully expect all of this from gamestop which is why i refuse to buy any of their "display copies." Only reason we even went on this damn hunt for this game is cause my brother really wanted it.

Picked up Nioh, was going to wait but figured the price wouldn't get too much lower.

Is it just the Best Buy's around here or are they all unorganized? Games were not in alphabetical order and most of them were mislabeled. Had to have someone help me find it, they ended up having it in the back. 

Noticed Fry's also has Gravity Rush 2 at $19.99, was able to pick one up rather than driving to an obscure GameStop. Also grabbed a mis-priced Life Is Strange Before the Storm LE for $19.99!

All this hassle when you could've bought the game on Amazon for an extra $4 the entire time.

Wow Nioh for $16. Talk about value. That game was so much fun. Spent 100+ hours and there was still much to play.

Edit: By the time you finish the base game, the GOTY edition will be long out. For $16 base game is a steal.
Another way to think about it is anything that requires 100+ hours of your life should be paying you.

[attachment=30105:fun.jpeg]

My "new" copy from GameStop came complete with spine damage and a crumpled insert smfh. Still the best deal since no BB have this in store anymore.

attachicon.gif
fun.jpeg

My "new" copy from GameStop came complete with a crumpled insert smfh. Still the best deal since no BB have this in store anymore.
Mine came like that too, crumpled at the top and the employee took off the new sticker price tag and said he did a great job. Plus he added the warranty for 2 dollars more but whatever. At least I got the game. I replaced the game case for a different one too as the case had leftover residue from a sticker. Best Buy and Amazon are the two places if you sealed or new unopened games.

Mine came like that too, crumpled at the top and the employee took off the new sticker price tag and said he did a great job. Plus he added the warranty for 2 dollars more but whatever. At least I got the game. I replaced the game case for a different one too as the case had leftover residue from a sticker. Best Buy and Amazon are the two places if you sealed or new unopened games.
Dude added the warranty without asking? I would have returned the game on the spot and demanded a refund for everything then hit him up with a horrible survey. Either that or snap the game in half in front of him and ask for a replacement.

bread's done
Back