Best Buy Pricematched CC games. YMMV

captaincold

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Ok just for the heck i went to best buy to see if they would price match some of the CC games and they did. I just told her CC had them for $5 and she didn't even call them, she just adjusted the prices.

Funny thing is almost every game that CC had for $4.99 wasn't on best buy's shelf.

These are the games i pick up at BB for $4.99.
Secret Weapons Ove Normandy xbox
Medal of honor frontline gc
Sims gc

Most of the stuff in CC's sale was also in BB's sale not too long ago. That's probably why they didn't have any of the games on the list. Sucks, but hey, you did get them to a do an insane PM without a call! Bravo!

Actually this is a HUGE deal for me & anyone who can get it to work. Thing is i didn'g have a updated $4.99 list so i past on alot of game BB had.
I remember seeing a whole stack of viewtiful joe & dynasty warriors 4.

HELP:
This is a off topic, but i'm having trouble putting the picture of the reciept up. What'g going on?

N777 - The list is at the front of the "Official?..." thread.

Also, I recant my previous post... this will be a good deal because if CCs are pulling inventory that means titles will most likely still be in stock All week, meaning they can call and you will still get the deal... Now for the whole calling thing - I've been to BBs that have said they need an ad, so it really is a YMMV.

I was going to try a price match with my reciept but like you said they didn't have any of the games that CC did it was kinda surreal lol

You should try to get them to do the 110% then you'll end up with the game for about 50 cents

Weizur, you avatar reminds me that I have been forgetting to visit 8 bit theater since school got out, because I always looked at it during journalism.

It would be great if all the BB start pricematching. You can get these cheap games and get a ton of RewardZone points! :D

On the CC website it shows some games as $4.99 so if you show them the games that are on the CC website maybe they will PM them. Just an idea.

So has anyone confirmed this deal yet??
Also, another side note, I called CC.com's circuit city customer service and the guy said you can get online and then take the receipt to the store and theyll give you the difference its a shame that none of the games I want are on there anymore. If you do decide to do this you might want to call and make sure theyll do this and how you actually go about doing this, since all workers have a different idea about store policy.

[quote name='Monkie of Doom']Little off topic, but can someone tell me what YMMV is? Freakin' abreviations...[/quote]
Your Miles May Vary.. I think.

[quote name='Monkie of Doom']Little off topic, but can someone tell me what YMMV is? Freakin' abreviations...[/quote]

Just a little hint next time you're wondering about an abbreviation. If you put your mouse-over a highlighted term the definition will come up.

i always thought your mileage may vary means that to get the deal you may have to drive to that particular store that is pricematching without an ad or a call.

My bb will only pm if i bring in the print ad, they REFUSE to call another store, even if there are 10 cust service reps not helping anyone.

[quote name='captaincold']Ok just for the heck i went to best buy to see if they would price match some of the CC games and they did. I just told her CC had them for $5 and she didn't even call them, she just adjusted the prices.

Funny thing is almost every game that CC had for $4.99 wasn't on best buy's shelf.

Sims gc[/quote]

Sounds like an employee that just didn't give a shit.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='captaincold']Ok just for the heck i went to best buy to see if they would price match some of the CC games and they did. I just told her CC had them for $5 and she didn't even call them, she just adjusted the prices.

Sims gc[/quote]

Sounds like an employee that just didn't give a shit.[/quote]

either that or the whole "report" is bullshit

I managed to pricematch Code Veronica for the cube. The only reason I was able to do this was because I had my friends receipt for the game from Circuit City. Don't be hoarders though people, if your friend got a game you wanted but didnt' get, check out Best Buy with his/her's receipt.

I can't get over to Best Buy to take advantage of this.

WHY MUST I MISS OUT ON ALL GAMING DEALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KKKKKKKHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='dracula'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='captaincold']Ok just for the heck i went to best buy to see if they would price match some of the CC games and they did. I just told her CC had them for $5 and she didn't even call them, she just adjusted the prices.

Sims gc[/quote]

Sounds like an employee that just didn't give a shit.[/quote]

either that or the whole "report" is bullshit[/quote]

Actually i took a pic of the reciept but i can't seem to load it onto the page.
Help?

Isn't it supposed to be in the CC ad this upcoming Sunday so id imagine next week BB would pricematch. Unless if CC doesn't actually tell you the games on sale.

That's bullshit. BestBuy always used to pricematch for me when I had a receipt and were glad to do it (Cd's anyway). It sounds liek just a way to keep you from the 4.99 goodness. I can't say I blame 'em though.

The Best Buy clerk is giving you a load of BULL. Since this $4.99 price drop is permanent, the Best Buy clerk is obligated to a pricematch, even if it involves calling the nearest Circuit City and asking them the price of that game on their database.

The only ways the BB nearest to me will Price-Match Circuit City:

1. An Ad
2. A Reciept

They won't call a nearby store and ask, and a picture of a reciept won't work.

Best Buy doesn't give me 110 percent when I PM hobbit, but CC does. The games that you're looking for are most likely out of stock anyway. Even if you argue with them, they can still call and ask if those games are in stock or not.

[quote name='CharAznable']The only ways the BB nearest to me will Price-Match Circuit City:

1. An Ad
2. A Reciept

They won't call a nearby store and ask, and a picture of a reciept won't work.[/quote]

Ditto, the bb clecks always give me some double talk, they will say they cant call the store, but then they say that to get the game at that price the game MUST be in stock at that price at another local store. I tried to reason with them but whoever said that most of these games will not be in stock anyways was right, most of these got clearanced out at the $5 bb sale

if thats the case then lets all join forces! Anyone in Michigan area PM me and we can bring our reciepts together and get what we want from BB

best buy sucks they said the same thing

but since media play was across the street I tried it and they wouldn't let me so I tried "exchanging" the games and the let me :) so I got spiderman :)

[quote name='scuba']best buy sucks they said the same thing

but since media play was across the street I tried it and they wouldn't let me so I tried "exchanging" the games and the let me :) so I got spiderman :)[/quote]

Is MediaPlay pretty good about "exchanging" games? Never tried my local one.

Best Buy let me pricematch a DOA: BV and a SWAT. I had the original receipt from my CC purchase. There was a manager that had to come in since the price was so low. They also asked me questions about the deal and photcopied my receipt I showed them (my guess is to pull their games off the shelf). Anyway I feel kind of bad now, since I told them the deal ended 7/11 and I just found out this deal hasn't even officially started and really ends on 7/18. I'm all up for great deals, but you shouldn't have to lie. :(

Im going to try BB tonight. My dad works there and I know alot of people who work there so I should be able to get by with the prices, but who knows.

Can someone help me out with the specifics? How exactly do I get BB to price match? I have reciepts from CC with a few games I want on them that I'm pretty sure BB has. I'm 100% sure the CC I bought them at is sold out though, does that make a difference? Do I just get the games at BB take them up with my reciept and tell them to pricematch? Or do I have to buy them at full price at BB then take them back for an adjustment? Please let me know how to do this, thanks.

Yeah, same question as Jimbodan, but how does it work with an add. All the CC's I went to today said there would be an add in the Sunday paper. So if I just bring that to Best Buy on Sunday, what are the chances I can pick up a game at best buy with the CC ad? How often will they go to the extent to call Circuit City.

Can anyone do me a favor and scan your full receipts with store, date, order, etc. showing for people who got Disgaea? I want to try and price match but I don't have any receipts or anything. The more receipts, the better

For those of you who aren't sure about how to do the Best Buy Pricematch read this:

Goto Best Buy and bring your receipt from CC. Pick up the games you want, any of the games on the receipt that you have. When you goto the cashier let them scan in the games and after the total comes up show them the receipt and tell them you want to price match the games. They'll let you do it, but they will most likely call down a manager to approve it. Then tada you have $5 games, great for trading.

I did it today and picked up some Sword of Mana's for trading purposes (yes CC DID have $4.99 SoMs but that was for a very short time). Instead of charging me $4.99 they charged me $2.99 for some odd reason, which was even better!

If your local Best Buy is out of games you can also pricematch at Walmart and at some Targets.

Maybe we should set up another post for receipt trading.

[quote name='era5000']For those of you who aren't sure about how to do the Best Buy Pricematch read this:

Goto Best Buy and bring your receipt from CC. Pick up the games you want, any of the games on the receipt that you have. When you goto the cashier let them scan in the games and after the total comes up show them the receipt and tell them you want to price match the games. They'll let you do it, but they will most likely call down a manager to approve it. Then tada you have $5 games, great for trading.

I did it today and picked up some Sword of Mana's for trading purposes (yes CC DID have $4.99 SoMs but that was for a very short time). Instead of charging me $4.99 they charged me $2.99 for some odd reason, which was even better!

If your local Best Buy is out of games you can also pricematch at Walmart and at some Targets.

Maybe we should set up another post for receipt trading.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, my Best Buy didn't have any of the games I had reciepts for. Oh well, at least I tried.

bread's done
Back