Best Buy Pricematched CC games. YMMV

captaincold

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Ok just for the heck i went to best buy to see if they would price match some of the CC games and they did. I just told her CC had them for $5 and she didn't even call them, she just adjusted the prices.

Funny thing is almost every game that CC had for $4.99 wasn't on best buy's shelf.

These are the games i pick up at BB for $4.99.
Secret Weapons Ove Normandy xbox
Medal of honor frontline gc
Sims gc

you guys who have bb stores that will pm a receipt are lucky mofos.

I dunno why posting a receipt of disgaea would help(bb never had any disgaea, at least not mine). Tho there are plenty of scanned receipts of disgaea in the original cc thread.

They charged you $2.99 for Sword of Mana because their pricematch policy 100% plus the 10% difference. So you can actually get games for like under $2 for the full $50 games. Crazy, ain't it?

Damn! This sucks! The CC I went to is 1.5 hours away, so I don't get a CC ad in the Sunday paper! :(

There's no way for me to pricematch this... :(

Someone setup a thread for receipt trading!!

hey, sacramento people, PM me if you are interested in doing a mass PM this weekend or something like that. If we all go to BB with our reciepts, we might be able to get things that we wanted!

problem is if the best buy cashier/manager is smart, they are only supposed to price match LOCAL competitor's prices. which means if you bring a CC receipt from texas to pricematch in Florida, they shouldn't do it.

Or you could edit the reciept in a program like phtoshop with your local store info. But that is doing a bit much and going a bit far heh.

[quote name='Wario64']They charged you $2.99 for Sword of Mana because their pricematch policy 100% plus the 10% difference. So you can actually get games for like under $2 for the full $50 games. Crazy, ain't it?[/quote]but SoM wasnt $5 o_O

unless this is an extreme case of YMMV

Anyone have any scans of receipts with Disgaea on it? My Fry's Electronics has about 7 copies and I totally want to price match it

Best buy price matched Pirates of the Carribean, Secret Weapons, and Tenchu for me. The guy in the videogames section even asked the manager and he said it was cool.

And if the employee who helped me out reads this, thanks a ton! I hope you pricematched some good ones for yourself.

Now if I'm right about the Circuit City higher ups being greedy corporate pigs, I think that in their Sunday ad they will list most of the higher profile games like your Viewtiful Joes and Medal of Honors and Lord of the Rings. If they do this, Best Buy and other stores that price match will definitely take a hit as policy is policy. Let's face it, since the sale info was leaked out ealry, they've sold out most of their games and the purpose of the ad is probably to just attract regular ass gamers to their stores in order to get rid of the rest of the Havens. I'm positive Circuit City will of course have "titles may vary" printed in size one font on the bottom of the ad but here's hoping Circuit City hates competition enough to name some of the better games in their ads. My Best Buy is fully stocked and ready for price matching.

again like I said most likely your pal that works there will be in trouble for what he did. Most likely being fired. EB is not supposed to price match let alone price match a clearance sale without calling...

kev, most likely they will just garnish that employees wages, you arent ripping off 185 from ebgames, you are robbing 185 from that ebgames employee. Way to work the system tho.

I saved some of those receipts. If I just print out that receipt on my printer, aren't they just going to show me the door? I mean, it's printed on an 8.5x11 piece of printer paper...

Will they really accept this?

(Does anyone have a receipt with any of these: Panzer Dragoon: Orta, Mario Kart: Super Circuit, Tactics Ogre, Ikaruga, Skies Of Arcadia: Legends, Morrowind (GOTY Edition), Shenmue 2)

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Now if I'm right about the Circuit City higher ups being greedy corporate pigs, I think that in their Sunday ad they will list most of the higher profile games like your Viewtiful Joes and Medal of Honors and Lord of the Rings. If they do this, Best Buy and other stores that price match will definitely take a hit as policy is policy. Let's face it, since the sale info was leaked out ealry, they've sold out most of their games and the purpose of the ad is probably to just attract regular ass gamers to their stores in order to get rid of the rest of the Havens. I'm positive Circuit City will of course have "titles may vary" printed in size one font on the bottom of the ad but here's hoping Circuit City hates competition enough to name some of the better games in their ads. My Best Buy is fully stocked and ready for price matching.[/quote]

except you forget that these ads are printed weeks in advance. So the purpose of the ad is still the same, to draw EVERYONE into the sale. The sale was leaked only a week in advance so there really is nothing CC corporate can do about it.

HEY, im new to these forums and have been doing this stuff forever I talked with Best Buy and someone in here said they got a pricematch with a phone call on some of the CC games, most Best Buys will ask for an AD or you CAN USE A COPY of a reciept!!! If some of you guys would be nice enough to post your reciepts that would be such a help.....good hunting!!

This would help us find Hard to Find games and help each other out!

I need a reciept that has Secret Weapons over Normany and/or Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and/or Morrowwind GOTY

Can anyone explain to me why you would want a price match from anywhere after you buy these games?

Is the idea to get a second copy and sell them on ebay?

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']The idea is to post the receipt so that people that didn't or couldn't get the games at CC can get them at BB.[/quote]

THATS WHY HE HAS the cartman retarded pic...LOL

Let me get this straight - BB will PM a CC reciept printed out on 8.5x11 paper? I don't believe it... does anyone who works there know for sure? Also, what about EB - I thought they didn't pricematch at all...

[quote name='javeryh']Let me get this straight - BB will PM a CC reciept printed out on 8.5x11 paper? I don't believe it... does anyone who works there know for sure? Also, what about EB - I thought they didn't pricematch at all...[/quote]

I just came from there (CC)...she said make a copy and bring it in...i would at least cut it small not bring in the whole paper...LOL

I need a reciept with any of these XBOX tiltes:

Morrowind (GOTY edition)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Secret Weapons over Normandy

If any one has Pm me or paste a link to a pic...Ill even take a fax!! Thanks,

I have some i can send you too!

[quote name='javeryh']Let me get this straight - BB will PM a CC reciept printed out on 8.5x11 paper? I don't believe it... does anyone who works there know for sure? Also, what about EB - I thought they didn't pricematch at all...[/quote]

And they say I am retarded.

[quote name='CTLesq'][quote name='javeryh']Let me get this straight - BB will PM a CC reciept printed out on 8.5x11 paper? I don't believe it... does anyone who works there know for sure? Also, what about EB - I thought they didn't pricematch at all...[/quote]

And they say I am retarded.[/quote]

bite me.

I can't believe there are that many Best Buy's out there that are going to honor copies of receipts from Circuit City's across the nation without even calling to see if it is in stock at Circuit City. More power to you though, if you can get this to work.

check that..you can forget my request

best buy doesn't even carry most of the games i'm looking for..they discontinued Viewtiful Joe..wtf?

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='CTLesq'][quote name='javeryh']Let me get this straight - BB will PM a CC reciept printed out on 8.5x11 paper? I don't believe it... does anyone who works there know for sure? Also, what about EB - I thought they didn't pricematch at all...[/quote]

bite me.[/quote]

There is no need to be an ass. I was agreeing with you.

Further, given the general terms of most companies for price matching, IE the store they are price matching has to be within a certain gepgraphic distance from where they are located I simply doubt this will work, and as such makes no sense to me.

CTL

my bb will not pm a receipt, only a print ad, i am hoping the weekly ad that says "4.99 gmaes" combined with a receipt will be enough, but i dunno.

my bb will not pm a receipt, only a print ad, i am hoping the weekly ad that says "4.99 gmaes" combined with a receipt will be enough, but i dunno.

You know what store sucks...EB. They wouldn't even pricematch their own internet price...I had printed out the 9.99 Counterstrike and 4.99 Dave Mirra (both when they were still instock) and the guys like uhhh we don't pricematch from internet retailers...I'm like its your own fricking store you incomp!!

[quote name='MixMasta']You know what store sucks...EB. They wouldn't even pricematch their own internet price...I had printed out the 9.99 Counterstrike and 4.99 Dave Mirra (both when they were still instock) and the guys like uhhh we don't pricematch from internet retailers...I'm like its your own fricking store you incomp!![/quote]

Getting upset at a store clerk for a company policy over which they have no control -- priceless.

I went to Best Buy today to Price Match a PS2 game: Spongebob Squarepants: Battle Bikini Bottom. It rang up $39.99 and I showed them my circuit city receipt that says it's $4.99. The clerk had to call the manager and even then the manager said NO, because:

1. The price difference is $35, which is huge
2. Your Circuit City receipt is a reprint of the customer copy, not the original receipt.

I was a little upset, so I asked the manager if she will honor other games (Wheel of Fortune and Max Payne) which had less price difference AND I have the original receipt for them.

She was thinking for a while looking for excuses not to honor the price match, but eventually gave up. So, I got Wheel of Fortune and Max Payne (GBA) for $4.99 each -- not 110% price guarantee.

Then, I went to Walmart asking for a price match for Spongebob, but the manager doesn't honor price match for clearance item. So... There.

[quote name='dracula']my bb will not pm a receipt, only a print ad, i am hoping the weekly ad that says "4.99 gmaes" combined with a receipt will be enough, but i dunno.[/quote]

I'm not sure about this but I don't think Best Buy and most other retail stores will PM an item that is on Cleareance. If that's true then the ad may not do much unless the key word is overlooked.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence'][quote name='dracula']my bb will not pm a receipt, only a print ad, i am hoping the weekly ad that says "4.99 gmaes" combined with a receipt will be enough, but i dunno.[/quote]

I'm not sure about this but I don't think Best Buy and most other retail stores will PM an item that is on Cleareance. If that's true then the ad may not do much unless the key word is overlooked.[/quote]

A better question is how did he double post 7 minutes apart...

not 110% price guarantee.

consider yourself lucky enough to get them down 15 dollars.
as for the spongebob, why not try to go to CC and ask someone to make a new receipt. Say something like my cousin sent me this game and forgot to send the receipt but he gave me the receipt number, could you print me one please? It's worth a shot.

BB pricematched DOA Volleyball and Weapons over Normandy for me. They don't have anything in stock though. However.. they DID call Circuit City (I'm glad they forgot to ask if there were any in stock). I got lucky

I called CC corporate yesterday and asked since the sale was leaked over the internet will you still be releasing a flyer this sun with the advertized sale....he didnt know but he said an e-mail was sent out yesterday to all CC to put out the July 11th 4.99 games due to the leak....so as far as a PM goes it is all gonna depend on that friggin flyer comin out on sun!! Otherwise the whole leak thing ruined any and all chances we had of a PM! :evil:

Anyone try to just walk in there and say this game is $5 at CC, go ahead and call them and ask, without having any recipts??

At the Wal Mart near my they did a price match. The lady called Circuit City and they told her that Dead or Alive Volleybally was on their list of items they did carry. The lady at Wal-Mart let me have if for just 4.99. She said as long as it's not bogo then they compare prices. I do believe this is ymmv. Just call before you go.

JC

[quote name='lordopus99']we need people besides big nick (cause he already has) to post their receipts here so it will make it easier to try and PM[/quote]
Yes....PLEASE DO!

BOGO?

as far i know, Sunday advertisements are printed in advance and bundled with the other inserts for the paper. i dont think they could stop the ads from running. but i could be wrong.

[quote name='CTLesq'][quote name='javeryh'][quote name='CTLesq'][quote name='javeryh']Let me get this straight - BB will PM a CC reciept printed out on 8.5x11 paper? I don't believe it... does anyone who works there know for sure? Also, what about EB - I thought they didn't pricematch at all...[/quote]

bite me.[/quote]

There is no need to be an ass. I was agreeing with you.[/quote]

Sorry, it sounded like you were calling me retarded for no good reason.

bread's done
Back