Best Buy Reward Zone Facebook App: Earn Free Points With Polls and Activities

FYI, look through the activity feed on the app. Just found a poll for Sharp's TV's I didn't see on the other pages and a new Member's Choice poll called "The Big Game." Also, a new promo to "completely the ultimate living room" that gives 50 points.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']its not 30 days if you have silver status. I know that much. Ive had points show up to my total alot quicker then that. I think its 2 weeks but was just hoping for some confirmation.[/QUOTE]

I have points pending from January 2nd so I just assumed it was still 30 days.

User Poll - Sharp TVs (1/20/13) - 25 points
Member's Choice - The Big Game - 25 points
Ultimate Space - Living Room - 50 Points (Don't forget to also Enter Sweepstakes - $1,000)

[Point activities on Facebook may take up to 15 minutes to post to your account]

[quote name='Methoes']User Poll - Sharp TVs (1/20/13) - 25 points
Member's Choice - The Big Game - 25 points
Ultimate Space - Living Room - 50 Points (Don't forget to also Enter Sweepstakes - $1,000)

[Point activities on Facebook may take up to 15 minutes to post to your account][/QUOTE]

The patio section in the ultimate space tab starts in 105 days, I guess it's safe to say that these polls may last until then. We'll have to see if they if they cap the points once you reach a certain amount though.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Using gift cards does not get your points (this is correct) but you do get progress towards silver. You have to. I came about $100 short of making silver last year and I probably only spent about $40 in cash at Best Buy all year (exaggeration but not by much). Even counting my trade ins (which also work towards your silver) there is no way I got that high without my gift card purchases counting towards silver because it is based entirely on how much you spent; not on the form of payment used. For example, Since December 7th I have spent $12 in cash at Best Buy and that is atypically high (I bought something online when I couldn't use my gift card cause I didn't have it and I bought something for someone else because as silver I got 2 day shipping). If only cash payments counted I would of been at or around $100 towards getting silver again rather than at around $2,400. The same was true the year before when I did get silver and spent about $600 in cash at Best Buy all year.[/QUOTE]

If that's true, it only takes $1250 to get to silver. Buy $1250 in gift cards and get $1250 towards silver. Spend those gift cards and get another $1250 towards silver for a total of $2500. I only have 2 purchases this year so far and one was partially paid with a gift card, so I'll see what my meter goes to when they post.

Question, can I use more than 1 five dollar certificates in 1 transaction instore? I checked their FAQ and could not find the answer. Asking because BB RZ site automatically redeemed my points for 5 dollar certificates so I have 2..

Thanks

[quote name='GDark']Question, can I use more than 1 five dollar certificates in 1 transaction instore? I checked their FAQ and could not find the answer. Asking because BB RZ site automatically redeemed my points for 5 dollar certificates so I have 2..

Thanks[/QUOTE]yes

Hmm...already a new poll, but it only gives 10 points. They usually don't change the poll for another 8 hours though, so I don't know if this is the start of them cutting back

[quote name='black_hand313']Hmm...already a new poll, but it only gives 10 points. They usually don't change the poll for another 8 hours though, so I don't know if this is the start of them cutting back[/QUOTE]

I was just about to post this, I was a little disappointed to see 10 points. Curious to see how much the next survey is worth.

[quote name='GDark']Question, can I use more than 1 five dollar certificates in 1 transaction instore? I checked their FAQ and could not find the answer. Asking because BB RZ site automatically redeemed my points for 5 dollar certificates so I have 2..

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I have used 5 separate ones in one transaction (one game as well). I also used a coupon with it as well. The one thing to note is the pre-tax total has to exceed the certificate total used ($10 in certs cannot be used on a $9.99 plus tax purchase).

That's good to know, thanks. I have 90 days before they expire so might wait to get more certificates from this awesome promo before I use them. Hopefully.

Wow, the 10 point thing is a downer. Can't say I didn't expect a cutback sooner or later though.

The other bonus things (Member's Choice, and The Big Game) were a nice surprise. I'd prefer the 25 daily points, but you can't have your cake and eat it too...

its been reduced because of all the spamming of the facebook app on what now is numerous big websites. all great things always come to an end. i recieved $6 before it was dropped to 10cents a day or whatever it is.

[quote name='Inbox']its been reduced because of all the spamming of the facebook app on what now is numerous big websites. all great things always come to an end. i recieved $6 before it was dropped to 10cents a day or whatever it is.[/QUOTE]

10 RZ points = 20¢ credit

This could have been planned all along. They did leave it a bit open to abuse with the referral program ("Be the first to get your friends signed up for this app and get 10 Reward Zone points").

Just got up to 213 points from doing the living room design thing and answering today's 10 point poll. After I hit 250 I'm gonna have to hold off until after 2/5 since that's when my points expire.

[quote name='FadeToOne']I'm still getting 25... What are you guys talking about?[/QUOTE]

There was a 10 point poll earlier today. Apparently it was a bonus :)

[quote name='Methoes']If CAGs could post the name\date of the poll that would be great.

MLK Jr. Day (1/20) Poll[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they just posted tomorrow's poll early since it's a holiday...the poll says "21" for me.

[quote name='MetalSlugger']I'm pretty sure they just posted tomorrow's poll early since it's a holiday...the poll says "21" for me.[/QUOTE]

I hope not, because I got 0 points for this one. I did already get 110 for today, between the first poll early this morning (25), the member's choice(25), the room layout one (50) and the late day poll (10), so it's not a complete loss.

[quote name='sp00ge']I hope not, because I got 0 points for this one. I did already get 110 for today, between the first poll early this morning (25), the member's choice(25), the room layout one (50) and the late day poll (10), so it's not a complete loss.[/QUOTE]

Check your BBRZ history first. I almost always get the 0 points prompt but the points are accurately represented on my history and eventually represented on my total. I haven't had any of my polls not count.

Wow, I got really lucky! I somehow got 70 points from the member's choice poll! In my points history, it only shows +25, but my points total went up 70. I'm certainly not complaining!

Did the User Poll both yesterday and today and got 25 points both times. I only have 250...could it be based on how many points you've earned?

[quote name='MetalSlugger']Check your BBRZ history first. I almost always get the 0 points prompt but the points are accurately represented on my history and eventually represented on my total. I haven't had any of my polls not count.[/QUOTE]

How long did it take for the points to be represented on your history? because I got 0 points 24 hours ago and it hasn't been reflected yet on my history and total points. Maybe it has something to do with doing the poll at 12 EST and it counts as 1/20 instead of 1/21.. it's just 25 points I know, but still I'm kind of worried. :roll:

Dont know if its new but on the activity page theres something about inviting friends on your facebook to get 10 pts. You can send out 50 invites. so.......500 pts if you can get 50 people.....I assume......

One of my friends accepted but I didnt get any points yet. He doesnt have Rewards Zone though.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Dont know if its new but on the activity page theres something about inviting friends on your facebook to get 10 pts. You can send out 50 invites. so.......500 pts if you can get 50 people.....I assume......

One of my friends accepted but I didnt get any points yet. He doesnt have Rewards Zone though.[/QUOTE]

I got 10 points for one of my dummy Facebook accounts which had no RZ account. Took a few hours for it to add them.

Got zero points for today's poll, but will monitor to see if there is a delay add.

Hope they keep this going.

I noticed that the app gives you 0 points if someone else was already logged into FB or BB and already did the promotion. It also gives an error. Must be IP bound?

[quote name='Inbox']is there a digital download section at bestbuy? for like xbox live, ect...[/QUOTE]
Yes

Edit- how do you headphone poll up for 1/23 (25pts)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brother Daz']Yes

Edit- how do you headphone poll up for 1/23 (25pts)[/QUOTE]

This was my first every best buy poll. This thread is hidden pretty well. I never check out free stuff.

Is it weird I used a fake facebook account so it wouldn't clutter up my regular account?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']This was my first every best buy poll. This thread is hidden pretty well. I never check out free stuff.

Is it weird I used a fake facebook account so it wouldn't clutter up my regular account?[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean...who would guess that threads about free offers would be in the Contests & Free Stuff subforum? BLOWS THE MIND

[quote name='MetalSlugger']I know what you mean...who would guess that threads about free offers would be in the Contests & Free Stuff subforum? BLOWS THE MIND[/QUOTE]

Its-free.jpg

I just got my second cert from this. Slightly off topic does anyone know if the certs can be applied to a existing order like a pre-order?

bread's done
Back