Best Buy Reward Zone Gamers Club changing in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Just got this email:

The game is changing. New benefits. New rewards.
It's a whole new way to play the game.

Reward Zone® Gamers Club is leveling up. On September 12, 2011,
you will begin earning double points on new game software, including
digital content and accessories purchases. Plus, for $14.99 per year,
you can join the optional paid level—Gamers Club Unlocked—where
you'll enjoy access to even greater benefits: REWARD ZONE GAMERS CLUB
• A free subscription to @Gamer, the exclusive gaming magazine

• 10% off all pre-owned software purchases

• 10% bonus credit on trade-in software

• Reward Zone Gamers Club exclusive offers
Between now and September 11, 2011, you will continue to earn 500 bonus points for every $150 you spend on video games, PC games and video game accessories at Best Buy® stores or BestBuy.com®.

Then on September 12, 2011, you'll automatically be part of the new Reward Zone Gamers Club. And you'll have the opportunity to visit a Best Buy store and 'level up' to Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked. And because you’ve been a loyal Gamers Club member, we want to give you a preview of the new club. So going back to June 1, 2011, you'll also earn double points on all new software and accessories purchases.

All this plus the Reward Zone points you earn every day for nearly all your Best Buy purchases, including gaming hardware. For the latest Reward Zone Gamers Club information, visit MyRZ.com.

I'm not sure if the doubling points thing actually benefits us. The way it's worded, it sounds like they'll be getting rid of the 500 bonus points for every $150 in game purchases. Which means double point purchases is actually a downgrade since we'll get 300 points instead of 500 points for every $150 spent.

The $15 a year thing is the same price as a @Gamer magazine subscription right now. Not sure if the 10% saved on trade ins and preowned games would be worth it enough.

[quote name='seanr1221']How do coupons work in a post sale price match?

Say I get Rise of Nightmares for 40.00 after coupon. Then it hits 30.00 at Best Buy a few weeks later. Am I SoL?[/QUOTE]

If it hits 30 and you PM, you will get 10 back. The coupon would not be transferable at that point so it will be as if the coupon didn't exist.

Here's a little something to stoke the fires of the $150 gc bonus points - hit my $150 last night and it zeroed out, showed the increase in the number of gc bonus points I've earned, but no certificate. Now granted I've never actually paid attention to this before so I don't know how long it normally takes after registering, but might be worth checking.

[quote name='handsomepete']Here's a little something to stoke the fires of the $150 gc bonus points - hit my $150 last night and it zeroed out, showed the increase in the number of gc bonus points I've earned, but no certificate. Now granted I've never actually paid attention to this before so I don't know how long it normally takes after registering, but might be worth checking.[/QUOTE]

You wont be able to get the cert till after the return period is up

[quote name='karyadi']If I go tomorrow, will I still be able to get the $10 reward for hitting 150? For this week, Best Buy has a crap shoot of offers but for sunday I might want something else. I was thinking of getting Dead Island today and getting the Zoom for Kinect tomorrow. Will I be able to price match if Dead Island gets lower even though I get Zombieland for free also does the Zoom count for the $150?[/QUOTE]

The new weeks ad starts on Sunday, so the DI deal will be dead as it was last weeks deal...

[quote name='Kanokare']I just got my Gamer Magazine after something like 3 months -_- Anyways, it came in a wrapper and inside was a paper.

Special offer for @Gamer subscribers. FREE Unlocked Membership. Bring the attached coupon into your local BB store starting Sept 12.

Hopefully it doesn't take months for the magazine to come to others like it did to me. Limit 1 coupon a person. Must be RZ Gamer Club member.[/QUOTE]

i wonder what it does as well

I bought yesterday something that should of made my $150 hit yesterday. Will I still get the extra $10? If not, it's okay since I got the Zoom for Kinect 2 days before street date :p Either way, the extra $10 would of been great.

[quote name='karyadi']I bought yesterday something that should of made my $150 hit yesterday. Will I still get the extra $10? If not, it's okay since I got the Zoom for Kinect 2 days before street date :p Either way, the extra $10 would of been great.[/QUOTE]

It should. My 500 points posted last week as pending even though it won't happen for another 3 weeks. Hopefully it does not disappear when the GC bar does. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Wow, it's the dawn of a new age for the BB Gamer's Club; hope they don't totally screw us over. I made one last final purchase, so I should receive 3 more additional $10 bonuses (in theory), once my points post. As you said, I could see that little bar disappearing, and them acting like it never existed. Gotta go grab a few in-store pickups tomorrow, might as well go ahead and cash in my free Unlocked certificate while I'm at it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, can't wait for my double points to post!

Just posted this in the coupon thread, but this part might be important for you guys here:

I lucked out and got a year of @Gamer in mid-August, which means you get grandfathered into the program for free. Apparently when entered into the program, your subscription resets back to a year (so 10 more mags). This works for me because I essentially get an extra magazine for free, but for those of you who are subscribers and aren't grandfathered in, this may be complicated. Here's a link for it. -> http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamers-Club-Changes-Coming-9-12-11/td-p/320180

Last edited by a moderator:
Broken URL!

I actually just bought my @Gamer subscription at like the end of August, do I need to get that special thing in the mail before I can get "Gamers Club Unlocked"?

[quote name='person123']Broken URL!

I actually just bought my @Gamer subscription at like the end of August, do I need to get that special thing in the mail before I can get "Gamers Club Unlocked"?[/QUOTE]

Crap, you're right. I SHALL FIX!

You need it to be grandfathered into Gamer's Club Unlocked for free, so I would wait. Unless you want to pay an extra $15? Also, make sure they actually have your subscription on file/processed, they're really bad about that.

Ugh, the Reward Zone is so messed up all the time. My game points constanty disappear. It'll say I need to spend $20 one day, then the next it says I need to spend $40. I called specifically to ask what I needed to spend. They said I had 37 game points pending, so I need to get 3 more to get my $10 before it all changes. So I spent $3.98, which nets me 3 points. Now it says I spent $144 and need $6. But before I spent this all, it says I spent $110 and needed $40. So I spent $40 and now it doesn't register that I spent $40 (before taxes). I ALWAYS have problems with them. They do generally fix their problems when I call, but man, I have to call so often it's frustrating. Anyone else always having problems like this?

[quote name='nuuuuj']Anyone try to go and use their "unlocked" coupon in-store yet? Just curious to see how the cashiers handle it.[/QUOTE]
I just took mine in. The person in the gaming department wasn't the usual person, and the normal personnel weren't in yet, so it was a little bit of a challenge.

Anyway, I got my coupon scanned at the counter and a regular receipt. I'm not sure what's supposed to happen now, but I assume I'll be able to trade/buy stuff with the 10% bonus, at least. I can say that the @Gamer support site hasn't updated with my new subscription term yet, but its only been 30 minutes since I was at the store.

Currently just waiting to see if anything magic happens...

I just got back from BB to sign up for Unlocked and the guy didn't give me any card for the new gamer's club. He was confused too and just told me to bring the receipt I got every time I make a trade-in.

[quote name='Evolved']How do you sign up for this? Not seeing much on the BB site.[/QUOTE]
It's on the Myrewardzone.com site - you have to log in with your Reward Zone Membership #, then sign up once logged in.

[quote name='Ronin317']It's on the Myrewardzone.com site - you have to log in with your Reward Zone Membership #, then sign up once logged in.[/QUOTE]
Right, but where is it on the site?

[quote name='Evolved']Right, but where is it on the site?[/QUOTE]
I think you have to go to the BB store to sign up for the gamer's club. I'm on the myrewardszone and I can't find it. It used to be there.

[quote name='shiro13']I think you have to go to the BB store to sign up for the gamer's club. I'm on the myrewardszone and I can't find it. It used to be there.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I can't find it anywhere. I do it in store today.

[quote name='mightymek']Ugh, the Reward Zone is so messed up all the time. My game points constanty disappear. It'll say I need to spend $20 one day, then the next it says I need to spend $40. I called specifically to ask what I needed to spend. They said I had 37 game points pending, so I need to get 3 more to get my $10 before it all changes. So I spent $3.98, which nets me 3 points. Now it says I spent $144 and need $6. But before I spent this all, it says I spent $110 and needed $40. So I spent $40 and now it doesn't register that I spent $40 (before taxes). I ALWAYS have problems with them. They do generally fix their problems when I call, but man, I have to call so often it's frustrating. Anyone else always having problems like this?[/QUOTE]

I'm running into the same issue . . . It was bouncing around like that for a little while, but then settled on me needing to spend $1(!) and seemed to stay there. So a little over a week ago, I bought a game for $7, which is, of course, still pending. But now suddenly it says that I need to spend $5! In theory, I should still be fine once that one comes out of pending status since it's more than that anyway, but I'm not going to trust it to actually go through without any issues until it happens.

[quote name='Evolved']Right, but where is it on the site?[/QUOTE]

Go to the Rewards site, go to "about reward zone," then "f.a.q.," hit the plus sign for Best Buy Rewards Zone Gamer, go to "how do I enroll" and there is a link to join.

Well I turned in my Unlocked coupon today. I wasn't given anything special like the stickers unless those are supposed to be mailed later. Hope things go smoothly.

[quote name='Kanokare']Well I turned in my Unlocked coupon today. I wasn't given anything special like the stickers unless those are supposed to be mailed later. Hope things go smoothly.[/QUOTE]

Till when is your Gamer's Unlocked subscription? I just checked mine on reward zone site and it said it's until 12/21/10.

[quote name='Kanokare']Sorry how do you check it on the website?[/QUOTE]

After you sign in, it's under your name and reward zone number.

[quote name='shiro13']After you sign in, it's under your name and reward zone number.[/QUOTE]

Hm all I see is my name, my member ID, then the log out link. I probably have to wait for them to update my page since I only did it some hours ago.

Wow I didn't have anything registered so would I still get the 500 bonus points? Should I post on the forum? I made a purchase on 9/11 as stated and apparently it should of registered to get the extra 500 bonus points. How did it work for everyone else?

I just checked my account and the GC bar is gone. I needed 32 points to qualify for the bonus so I made my purchases on Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully, everything works out.

Yep, my gamer club 150 bar has vanished. And to think the clown at BB yesterday told me they were keeping this....even said they had a meeting on it and it was mentioned. Now we'll see if those people who eclipsed 150 within the past month or so get hosed out of their $10 certificate.

I checked and I made the $150 = 500 Bonus Points RZ Gamers Club thingy.

As soon as the Bar disappeared, I noticed that they instantly gave me the 500 Bonus Points Gamers Club which is currently Pending under my Purchase History.

Originally I needed $119 more but since I bought that Resistance 3 Doomsday for my 5 for $100 Deal, it was enough to push me way over the limit.

Its funny that they got rid of the 500 bonus points for every $150 you spend while the "preorder 5 games and $100" is going on. Hmm.....

[quote name='EndersGamer']Go to the Rewards site, go to "about reward zone," then "f.a.q.," hit the plus sign for Best Buy Rewards Zone Gamer, go to "how do I enroll" and there is a link to join.[/QUOTE]
thanks

[quote name='shiro13']Till when is your Gamer's Unlocked subscription? I just checked mine on reward zone site and it said it's until 12/21/10.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I'm guessing it's the wrong date for everyone. Which is a weird date to pick anyways, it's completely random

Hopefully they don't screw me out of my points. I was missing $14, but I purchased the R3 Doomsday along with KZ3. So it brought me over the $150 twice.

Anyone brave enough to make an FAQ and start a new thread? These repeat questions are starting to confuse me! Then we can start yelling at those that keep doing this. Sheesh Bestbuy threads are the worst ;)

Between the GC being changed and BB no longer pricematching competitors websites, my streak of 5 years as Silver member will probably be stopped.

There really is no incentive anymore to shop at Best Buy for every single item.

Well my GC bar is gone but my pending 500 bonus is still pending under my purchase history. It is supposed to post on Oct 2 so hopefully I make it.

If it is pending you guys should not have to worry. If it said you needed x dollars and you bought an item to put you over the top and the 500 didn't show up, then you are probably screwed (like me).

[quote name='EndersGamer']Go to the Rewards site, go to "about reward zone," then "f.a.q.," hit the plus sign for Best Buy Rewards Zone Gamer, go to "how do I enroll" and there is a link to join.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Evolved']thanks[/QUOTE]
Just to follow up on this, you can't sign up on line. It says to go to a store.

Talking about "unlocked" not the regular GC.

I'm so excited you guys!!! I just got the email:

"Welcome to the Upgraded Reward Zone Gamer's Club and to a whole new level of gaming":lol:

Not only do I get 1 point on nearly every $1 I spend at BB and BB.com but am now earning an additional bonus point for every $1 I spend on game software, including digital content and accessories.

:applause:

Also, what are the 500 bonus points i got last night for? The GC point bar is gone. I needed 2 more points to hit 150 but oh well. I'll sign up (for free) for that unlocked in store but not sure what's it suppose to do. Doubling points since June right? Is there a F.A.Q about this on here? I don't want to browse the bb site any longer than I have to.

[quote name='slowdive21']If it is pending you guys should not have to worry. If it said you needed x dollars and you bought an item to put you over the top and the 500 didn't show up, then you are probably screwed (like me).[/QUOTE]

Im in the same boat. Bought something on Saturday that should have pushed me over the limit but the points never posted until today. Now the bar is gone and no mention of the 500 bonus points. I called up CS and the guy basically said that if the points that would have pushed you over didn't post by the 12th then you wouldn't get the reward cert. He also said i should get double ponits dating back to June 1st. So i should at least get a $5 cert. Sucks but i wont complain.

So did anyone try the coupon the received in the last issue? I want to know how was the process? Any new card issued? also did the cashier or whoever scanned your coupon knew what they were doing? or they looked confused? huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back