Best Buy Reward Zone Gamers Club changing in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Just got this email:

The game is changing. New benefits. New rewards.
It's a whole new way to play the game.

Reward Zone® Gamers Club is leveling up. On September 12, 2011,
you will begin earning double points on new game software, including
digital content and accessories purchases. Plus, for $14.99 per year,
you can join the optional paid level—Gamers Club Unlocked—where
you'll enjoy access to even greater benefits: REWARD ZONE GAMERS CLUB
• A free subscription to @Gamer, the exclusive gaming magazine

• 10% off all pre-owned software purchases

• 10% bonus credit on trade-in software

• Reward Zone Gamers Club exclusive offers
Between now and September 11, 2011, you will continue to earn 500 bonus points for every $150 you spend on video games, PC games and video game accessories at Best Buy® stores or BestBuy.com®.

Then on September 12, 2011, you'll automatically be part of the new Reward Zone Gamers Club. And you'll have the opportunity to visit a Best Buy store and 'level up' to Reward Zone Gamers Club Unlocked. And because you’ve been a loyal Gamers Club member, we want to give you a preview of the new club. So going back to June 1, 2011, you'll also earn double points on all new software and accessories purchases.

All this plus the Reward Zone points you earn every day for nearly all your Best Buy purchases, including gaming hardware. For the latest Reward Zone Gamers Club information, visit MyRZ.com.

I'm not sure if the doubling points thing actually benefits us. The way it's worded, it sounds like they'll be getting rid of the 500 bonus points for every $150 in game purchases. Which means double point purchases is actually a downgrade since we'll get 300 points instead of 500 points for every $150 spent.

The $15 a year thing is the same price as a @Gamer magazine subscription right now. Not sure if the 10% saved on trade ins and preowned games would be worth it enough.

[quote name='mgorsi']So did anyone try the coupon the received in the last issue? I want to know how was the process? Any new card issued? also did the cashier or whoever scanned your coupon knew what they were doing? or they looked confused? huh?[/QUOTE]

Got nothing. Just a receipt that says:

CPN
Membership Coupon

Reward Zone Card
Member ID xxxxxxx

Total 0.00

[quote name='Evolved']Just to follow up on this, you can't sign up on line. It says to go to a store.

Talking about "unlocked" not the regular GC.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that. I realized you were talking about the "unlocked" gamer soon after I posted but I didn't go back and edit. :drool:

[quote name='mgorsi']So did anyone try the coupon the received in the last issue? I want to know how was the process? Any new card issued? also did the cashier or whoever scanned your coupon knew what they were doing? or they looked confused? huh?[/QUOTE]

Basically if you're already enrolled in RZ then you pay the money (or redeem your coupon which will cause the 14.99 to drop to 0) and it gets connected. The cashier is supposed to scan your RZ card so it can attach the Unlocked to that account but no further activation should be needed.

If you're new to RZ then you sign up for the RZ card and then they scan in the Unlocked UPC. Just go online and activate and you're good. Still unclear that if you're starting fresh if you have to visit the Gamers Club URL to activate if you're signing up for Unlocked. Fine print says for the RZGC (free) you must but nothing about Unlocked.

Its weird though because when I signed up today I forgot to make sure my RZ added in but I was pre-ordering Gears 3 for the trade-in promo and it must have caught my info that way because I recieved the e-mail a little while ago.

I would say in order to keep things moving smoothly that when you're signing up for Unlocked make sure they looked up your RZ first (or just sign-up right then and activate).

Well, my suspicions about this new GC Unlocked coupon being a giant cluster are true. I was just reading through the BB GC forums, and alot of people are going into the stores with their coupons only to have to deal with cashiers that dont have a fuck 'in clue. People are supposed to be getting stickers, multiple SKUs on their receipt, etc. :wall:

At this rate, since the coupon doesnt expire until 10/29, I think I'm gonna wait until they get all the kinks worked out.

[quote name='nuuuuj']Well, my suspicions about this new GC Unlocked coupon being a giant cluster are true. I was just reading through the BB GC forums, and alot of people are going into the stores with their coupons only to have to deal with cashiers that dont have a fuck 'in clue. People are supposed to be getting stickers, multiple SKUs on their receipt, etc. :wall:

At this rate, since the coupon doesnt expire until 10/29, I think I'm gonna wait until they get all the kinks worked out.[/QUOTE]

That's interesting, saw someone mention a sticker earlier in the thread. I signed up last week with the coupon but I figured it didn't work as the coupon said starting 9/12.

However, I just got a confirmation email that I was in the new club (probably not the "unlocked" version). I'll probably go back to BB later this week and try the coupon again since it should be active now and maybe they'll figure it out by then and apply the sticker.

[quote name='bob330i']That's interesting, saw someone mention a sticker earlier in the thread. I signed up last week with the coupon but I figured it didn't work as the coupon said starting 9/12.

However, I just got a confirmation email that I was in the new club (probably not the "unlocked" version). I'll probably go back to BB later this week and try the coupon again since it should be active now and maybe they'll figure it out by then and apply the sticker.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if the stickers are going to be mailed to you or what since the BB I work at didn't receive any kind of stickers. Until there is some info on the stickers i'd just keep your receipt with your Unlocked purchase on it. They can look up the Unlocked purchase as well if it comes down to it. Good thing is when you're doing a trade-in though and want to add the 10% it prompts us for your RZ number and it will know if you're part of Unlocked. Only issue at the moment is we can only do it by RZ number so if you're like most people (including me) you have long lost your card. I'd say just print the replacement card from myrz.com and bring it in when doing trade-ins. Will save everyone some time.

I'll let you guys know if I get any more info on that.

Also I think the reason you guys are getting the 'every one at the store I went to is clueless' vibe is because info was only given us a day before the program started and it was only the gaming employees so 95% of the store (including mgmt cept the gaming supervisor) probably doesn't know it exists let alone how it works. I have a feeling the 10% off used games will either be a UPC that we scan for you or if you're Unlocked when we look up your RZ it will do it automatically. More info on that once I figure it out.

I'd say try and let a gaming employee ring you out since your chances of them knowing what's going on is higher atleast for the next week or so.

I want to know why all my transactions before August 22 disappeared. Because I had madden pre-ordered and now the pre-order nor the purchase shows up. Has this happened with anyone else?

[quote name='boogie4114']I want to know why all my transactions before August 22 disappeared. Because I had madden pre-ordered and now the pre-order nor the purchase shows up. Has this happened with anyone else?[/QUOTE]

I used the coupon included with my magazine yesterday and now my rewards zone says "RZ Gamers Club Unlocked through 9/12/2012". All my game purchases are gone so I'm not sure how they are going to handle it. Hopefully, they'll get it all worked out.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Now I don't feel so bad about missing the $150 by a little over $10.[/QUOTE]

they fooled us so hard with the "get your purchases in" business when they knew they would never clear before the deadline.

sent them a nice email about missing and fluctuating gamer points, how I tried to spend $150 before the cutoff (and know I easily did) and still was screwed. Their response:

Message body

Thank You for contacting Best Buy Reward Zone .

This message was automatically generated in an attempt to answer your question as quickly as possible.

We are aware of access and certificate issues being experienced with MYRZ.com and apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you. We are working on resolving these issues and ask that you please check back with MYRZ.com in a couple of days.

Reward Zone representatives are also available at 1888-BestBuy to assist with your questions. Please be aware that you may experience longer than normal hold times as we are experiencing higher than expected call volume.

Best Wishes,
Best Buy Reward Zone

[quote name='confoosious']they fooled us so hard with the "get your purchases in" business when they knew they would never clear before the deadline.[/QUOTE]

It's the same crap they pull at the end of every year. Basically, anything you spend in December is worthless towards RZ unless you are a Silver Member. Everything else drops off whenever they do the points dump in January because it hasn't posted following the 35 day waiting period yet.

[quote name='Japakneez']Anyone brave enough to make an FAQ and start a new thread? These repeat questions are starting to confuse me! Then we can start yelling at those that keep doing this. Sheesh Bestbuy threads are the worst ;)[/QUOTE]

i decided to drop the $15 and sign up for the club. No idea what i'm getting other than the 10% bonus TIV adn 10% discount on Used :lol:

I'll probably look into starting an FAQ this weekend. If anyone wants to contribute start posting info :D

[quote name='boogie4114']I want to know why all my transactions before August 22 disappeared. Because I had madden pre-ordered and now the pre-order nor the purchase shows up. Has this happened with anyone else?[/QUOTE]
My preorders are all still there.

I don't have the 500 points pending, that means I didn't get it? Thanks Best Buy, thanks. Now I can go return the game with it without a worry. Is there anything I should know before I do?

^^^It seems like the response form BB is wait a few days. Unless you are near the end of the return period, I would just sit tight and see what happens.

When are we suppose to see our double points getting added in? They should of been on top of that with new program started

[quote name='Xboxreject']When are we suppose to see our double points getting added in? They should of been on top of that with new program started[/QUOTE]

Exactly. No doubling of points here...at least not yet.

Wow, i just checked my Rwz account and it says that i have an adjustment for 500 Bonus RZ Gamers Club points. Didn't think i would get it since the points that were suppose to push me over the 150 mark didn't post before the bar disappeared. Well done BB. :applause:

I'm pissed because on Sept 11 I had $99 left to spend with well over that pending. Now that's gone. This was after on Sept 10 them adjusting my points for my next 500 GC. So, I should technically have another 500 GC waiting in the wings since all the gaming stuff I purchased since Aug 16 are still pending.

After the buy 5 get $100 program is over I'm done buying my games with Best Buy. Thanks for screwing us over, big greedy corporation... oh wait.

Can someone confirm or clarify these...

1) Only RZ Gamers Club Unlocked members are eligible for double points on games & accessories. Regular RZ members will not get this bonus.

2) Purchases made with Gift Cards or RZ certificates will not earn double points.

3) Do purchases made with Gift Cards or RZ certificates earn regular points?

[quote name='Japakneez']Can someone confirm or clarify these...

1) Only RZ Gamers Club Unlocked members are eligible for double points on games & accessories. Regular RZ members will not get this bonus.

2) Purchases made with Gift Cards or RZ certificates will not earn double points.

3) Do purchases made with Gift Cards or RZ certificates earn regular points?[/QUOTE]

Purchases made with gift cards do not earn points. Why? Theoretically the person who purchased the gc earned pts on it. Yes, I'm aware there are other more popular ways of obtaining gift cards.

3) Do purchases made with Gift Cards or RZ certificates earn regular points?[/QUOTE]
I think you do earn points when you use RZ certificates now. I used $30 worth of RZ certificates for Deus Ex and have 4 points pending on my account(from the $5 I payed in cash).

[quote name='shadowrage']I think you do earn points when you use RZ certificates now. I used $30 worth of RZ certificates for Deus Ex and have 4 points pending on my account(from the $5 I payed in cash).[/QUOTE]

So the answer is no.

1. Wrong, all RZ members get double points. (Differences between the two levels are explained on the BB forums)
2. Correct, answered above as to why not.
3. No. Same reason as above as to why not for GCs. As for RZ certs, absolutely not. Think about it, they are awarded, not bought. No way in hell that BB gives you points for something you didnt buy.

Thanks for clarifying everyone. Nuuuuj's answer sounds right. This is tricky especially since BB is allowing gift card/certs on the pre-order 5 get 100 deal.

Has anyone had their Gamer points doubled dating back to June 1st yet? I wonder how that's going to work.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']I checked my account and saw the Gamer Clubs point adjustment as well. It says pending, but there's no value.

Hope it still goes through.[/QUOTE]

It will, you just have to wait about 30 days for them to issue you your reward certificate.

points pending :) so apparently they did list it. i made an exchange though with my purchase on 9/11. do you think that will effect it?

[quote name='karyadi']points pending :) so apparently they did list it. i made an exchange though with my purchase on 9/11. do you think that will effect it?[/QUOTE]

It states in their FAQS if you make a return that the points will be deducted from your account. That's why i think the bonus points usually stay pending until at least 30 days just to make sure you don't return something. So it might.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']It states in their FAQS if you make a return that the points will be deducted from your account. That's why i think the bonus points usually stay pending until at least 30 days just to make sure you don't return something. So it might.[/QUOTE]

it was still the same price through. i just REALLY wanted dead island and it was sold out everywhere except this one store. it was pretty much a place holder haha if i get it cool if not that's okay.

[quote name='bgame2']Got nothing. Just a receipt that says:

CPN
Membership Coupon

Reward Zone Card
Member ID xxxxxxx

Total 0.00[/QUOTE]

My receipt says the same thing & I have not received any welcoming e-mail as of yet. Looking at the BB forums, there is a SKU from the Unlocked brochure that has to be scanned & then the coupon is used to bring the total to zero as per this thread: http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Re...b/New-Gamers-Club-Unlocked-Packet/td-p/325898

Anyone else having problems with the coupon activation?

i subscribed right before the change, on 9/2. so i got my first and only mag in store. i dont see the coupon anywhere - would it only appear in mailed issues?

the guy told me i'd be automatically upgraded but obviously didn't have a clue. Rz.com still shows me at the free level and I have not received the Unlocked welcome email. Waiting on a response from CS, but am i screwed?

[quote name='Link127']i subscribed right before the change, on 9/2. so i got my first and only mag in store. i dont see the coupon anywhere - would it only appear in mailed issues?

the guy told me i'd be automatically upgraded but obviously didn't have a clue. Rz.com still shows me at the free level and I have not received the Unlocked welcome email. Waiting on a response from CS, but am i screwed?[/QUOTE]

yeah it was sent out in the mailed issues

I think I got screwed on the change. It said I needed to spend $11 more in Gamer Club purchases to reach $150 to get the bonus, then after one of my GC purchases cleared suddenly it said I needed to spend $26 (I never returned anything) and of course now the Gamer Club bar is off the page. Adding up all the GC purchases, I was easily over $150 but nothing ever happened before the change.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I think I got screwed on the change. It said I needed to spend $11 more in Gamer Club purchases to reach $150 to get the bonus, then after one of my GC purchases cleared suddenly it said I needed to spend $26 (I never returned anything) and of course now the Gamer Club bar is off the page. Adding up all the GC purchases, I was easily over $150 but nothing ever happened before the change.[/QUOTE]

Call them dude. The SAME thing happened to me. It said I needed to spend $40, I called and confirmed too. Then I spent exactly $40 before taxes, no gift cards or certificates used, just cash, and they all posted as pending, then it said I needed to spend $6 more, then they changed and it disappeared. I called a couple hours ago and the lady said she see's I needed to spend $6, but manually pushed it through since I told her it was wrong and I called and confirmed I needed to spend only $40 and all that. So I am sure they will do that for you as well as long as they see the purchases are there. I clearly spent enough, and it sounds like you did too. Their customer service is top notch, so I am sure you'll get what's owed.

Just got back from BB, used my coupon without any problems. Had him scan my rewards card, brochure, magazine and finally my coupon. He seemed like he knew what he was doing and then let me know I'll get a packet in the mail.

rewardzone.jpg

Hmm, something seems a little off there lol.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Just got back from BB, used my coupon without any problems. Had him scan my rewards card, brochure, magazine and finally my coupon. He seemed like he knew what he was doing and then let me know I'll get a packet in the mail.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure now this is why mine did not work. He only scanned the coupon. I will have to get it taken care of next time. My account still did not have it as unlocked even though I did this on Monday. Oh well I actually have 2 receipts because he tried twice. They should just be able to scan the club code and credit me I would think.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Pretty sure now this is why mine did not work. He only scanned the coupon. I will have to get it taken care of next time. My account still did not have it as unlocked even though I did this on Monday. Oh well I actually have 2 receipts because he tried twice. They should just be able to scan the club code and credit me I would think.[/QUOTE]

ditto. they only scanned the coupon and my RZ card a few days ago and I am still shown as a free (NOT unlocked) acct when i try to do trade in and when I look up my acct info at myrz.com.

However I did get an email saying "Welcome to the upgraded Reward Zone® Gamers Club and to a whole new level of gaming.
You are now not only receiving the everyday Reward Zone program membership benefit of earning 1 point on nearly every $1 you spend at Best Buy® and BestBuy.com®, but you are now earning an additional bonus point for every $1 you spend on new game software, including digital content, and accessory purchases.¹ Points can be redeemed for Reward Zone certificates valid on nearly everything at Best Buy, including more gaming products." etc etc

so what did they scan exactly?

[quote name='dorkyden']ditto. they only scanned the coupon and my RZ card a few days ago and I am still shown as a free (NOT unlocked) acct when i try to do trade in and when I look up my acct info at myrz.com.

However I did get an email saying "Welcome to the upgraded Reward Zone® Gamers Club and to a whole new level of gaming.
You are now not only receiving the everyday Reward Zone program membership benefit of earning 1 point on nearly every $1 you spend at Best Buy® and BestBuy.com®, but you are now earning an additional bonus point for every $1 you spend on new game software, including digital content, and accessory purchases.¹ Points can be redeemed for Reward Zone certificates valid on nearly everything at Best Buy, including more gaming products." etc etc

so what did they scan exactly?[/QUOTE]
I received that email a few days ago also, like I posted above I just signed up today. So that my be going out to everyone.

They need to scan a brochure. Its blue and says Join today across the top and BB reward zone gamers club in the center. They had a stack of the brochures back in the gaming department, right next to the register.

[quote name='dorkyden']ditto. they only scanned the coupon and my RZ card a few days ago and I am still shown as a free (NOT unlocked) acct when i try to do trade in and when I look up my acct info at myrz.com.

so what did they scan exactly?[/QUOTE]

I thought that was the unlocked email so I brought in a printout today but it is only a general welcome to our new program email and not a confirmation email for signing up for unlock.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I received that email a few days ago also, like I posted above I just signed up today. So that my be going out to everyone.

They need to scan a brochure. Its blue and says Join today across the top and BB reward zone gamers club in the center. They had a stack of the brochures back in the gaming department, right next to the register.[/QUOTE]

if i understand you and remember correctly, thats just a reg brochure for joining the gamer club thing, which is not new. but then again who knows how they program their system and i can see some kind of logic in "signing" up for the gamer club while unlocking, even tho if you are a member already. I will give that a try.

so do you see yourself as "unlocked" when you are in myrz.com?

[quote name='dorkyden']if i understand you and remember correctly, thats just a reg brochure for joining the gamer club thing, which is not new. but then again who knows how they program their system and i can see some kind of logic in "signing" up for the gamer club while unlocking, even tho if you are a member already. I will give that a try.

so do you see yourself as "unlocked" when you are in myrz.com?[/QUOTE]

I think this is a new brochure, when you open it up there is a spot to scan for the normal gamers club and another page that has the upgraded plan for $14.99. I will take a picture of it and post it here in a few.

EDIT- oh ok, I'll still post the picture of it for everyone

Picture
P1010398.jpg

I like the new chart that tracks your $100 preorder promo progress at myrz.com.

One thing that it reminds you is:
Please set a higher certificate preference level so that you receive fewer certificates in higher denominations (five $20 reward certificates instead of twenty $5 reward certificates, for example).

informer

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back