Best Buy Reward Zone Gamer's Club

Hellacious

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
Starting Tomorrow September 30th. Best Buy is starting their soft launch of the new Reward Zone Gamer's Club. You will be able to go to www.myrewardzone.com/gamersclub/ and join the new club. I should also mention that this is FREE to sign-up. So what does this club do for you?

It is essentially the same as your current reward zone but you will receive $10 in Reward Zone Certificates for every $150 spent in Videogame Software, Videogame Accessories, and PC Software. This is not good on Videogame Hardware. There are quite a few other benefits that will be coming out in the future for this new Club also. You must have a standard Reward Zone Card to join. This new club goes over the top of your account and you will still just use your standard Reward Zone Card once you have joined the Gamer's Club. It will officially roll out to store's on October 12th and will be advertised in the October 19th ad.

Figured I'd give all of you CAGers a heads up though.

EDIT:

1. Log into your Best Buy Rewards Zone account.
2. On the home page, hold your mouse over the right most tab labeled "Community and Clubs".
3. You should see "Reward Zone Gamers Club" on the drop down list.
4. Read the conditions (blah blah), and sign up on the right side of the screen.
5. Enjoy this free promotion and don't complain about it.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I'm not going to spend much time on it...if I try at all. I guess what I'm curious about is do they just "add" Gamer's Club to your RZ or do they also note the date. I've been RZ for a long time but just added GC. I could try the "missing points" and see what happens I guess...maybe.

Something really weird is going on with the Gamers Club. Back in April my qualifying gaming purchases were at $130 and you get a $10 Reward Zone certificate when you reach $150, so I bought Toy Story 3 for the 360 for $29.99 from Best Buy instead of getting it for $27.99 from Amazon.

Two months later I still hadn't had the $29.99 added to my gaming purchases to take me up over $150, so I started emailing Best Buy to find out why. The upshot is they gave me a $10 Reward Zone certificate, but that was just to shut me up. They are actually claiming that you have to spend $150 on games in a single purchase to get the 500 bonus points that earn you a $10 Reward Zone certificate.

I understand your concern about the gamers club promotion, I verified that you made more
than $150 in purchases but the promotion is that in one purchase has to be a total amount
of $150, no total amount of many purchases to complete $150.

For this time, I'm going to give the $10 certificate (500 pts.) information to make
purchases like a certificate in your hand.

So spend $150 to get $10 back. Great program, like always.:roll: Now I remember why I only buy loss leaders and pennied shit from BB.

But this recent CD/music DVD clearance has been phenomenal....when someone isn't hiding the shit so I can't buy it in store.:bomb:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So spend $150 to get $10 back. Great program, like always.:roll: Now I remember why I only buy loss leaders and pennied shit from BB.[/QUOTE]

FFS, stop whining about BB already. Your bitching about them has absolutely nothing to do with this issue. The program has always been spend $150 and get $10 back. It's just whether it's $150 in a single transaction (which seems like more of a single CSR stupid mistake) or whether it's over time.

You bitch about every single store that doesn't let you exploit them. And then bitch about them more even when they do. We're all tired of hearing about it.

Considering the 2 BB threads sticky at the top, it seems to me they're stepping up their deals.

This weirdness is going on with my wife's Reward Zone account, meanwhile on my own RZ account I only ever bought three games.

Final Fantasy XIII - $53.99
uDraw - $63.99
Vanquish - $35.99

They added up to $152, and I got my 500 bonus points and $10 Reward Zone certificate without any problem. In fact, they credited me with the 500 bonus points only three days after I bought Vanquish back in February.

------------------------------------------------------

I spoke to a manager and she said she would escalate the issue to IT and they would call me back in 7-10 business days. (And she wanted to know the name of the CSR who had given me the incorrect information about having to spend $150 at once.) Perhaps it's just that Toy Story 3 isn't on their list of video games and so their system doesn't realize it's value should be added to the qualifying gaming purchases total.

[quote name='confoosious']ffs, stop whining about bb already. Your bitching about them has absolutely nothing to do with this issue. The program has always been spend $150 and get $10 back. It's just whether it's $150 in a single transaction (which seems like more of a single csr stupid mistake) or whether it's over time.

You bitch about every single store that doesn't let you exploit them. And then bitch about them more even when they do. We're all tired of hearing about it.

Considering the 2 bb threads sticky at the top, it seems to me they're stepping up their deals.[/quote]

qft

I'm sure that this has been asked & answered 100 times in this thread, but maybe it's changed recently or something: I do not get RZ points from purchases I make using my gift cards. Every single BB employee tells me that I'm supposed to get points from purchases made with gift cards (and this is like at least 15 employees including managers of BB stores here). Everything I look at online says that I am NOT supposed to get points from purchases with GC.

The reason I wanted to double-check is that sometimes even stuff I buy with my credit card doesn't give me the full points (like I PM'd two mortal kombats for 30 each that release week and got points for like 17 bucks or something). Also, like half of my purchases have the "gamer club" thing next to them, but some of those are gift cards buying gift cards, and there are some video games that DONT have the "gamer club" thing next to them.

So, my questions are:
1. Has the points for purchases with GC rules changed recently?
2. does it sound like my RZ account is messed up and I should just get a new one?

[quote name='confoosious']FFS, stop whining about BB already. Your bitching about them has absolutely nothing to do with this issue. The program has always been spend $150 and get $10 back. It's just whether it's $150 in a single transaction (which seems like more of a single CSR stupid mistake) or whether it's over time.

Considering the 2 BB threads sticky at the top, it seems to me they're stepping up their deals.[/QUOTE]
Don't get me wrong. I love their recent music CD/DVD boxset clearance(4 disc dvd/cd boxsets for $5 ftw) they're doing now. But their prices are usually not good on much else unless you have a RZ certificate or coupon to use on it.

As for their current 'deal' on FO NV and other games, that's about all most of those games are truly worth, especially FO NV with all of the glitches early on.

[quote name='DerClaw']I'm sure that this has been asked & answered 100 times in this thread, but maybe it's changed recently or something: I do not get RZ points from purchases I make using my gift cards. Every single BB employee tells me that I'm supposed to get points from purchases made with gift cards (and this is like at least 15 employees including managers of BB stores here). Everything I look at online says that I am NOT supposed to get points from purchases with GC.

The reason I wanted to double-check is that sometimes even stuff I buy with my credit card doesn't give me the full points (like I PM'd two mortal kombats for 30 each that release week and got points for like 17 bucks or something). Also, like half of my purchases have the "gamer club" thing next to them, but some of those are gift cards buying gift cards, and there are some video games that DONT have the "gamer club" thing next to them.

So, my questions are:
1. Has the points for purchases with GC rules changed recently?
2. does it sound like my RZ account is messed up and I should just get a new one?[/QUOTE]

1. No... Gift cards used to pay for BB purchases will subtract from the value of the purchase for purposes of both regular RZ purchases and Gamer Zone purchases. If a game comes with a free GC w/purchase, that usually also counts against you. For example, if you use a $20 GC to pay for part of a $59.99 game, you'll only get credit from RZ for a $39.99 purchase. If that game also comes with a free $10 GC w/purchase, most of the time the register will reduce the game's selling price by $10 to $29.99 and ring up a $10 gift card at full price, further reducing your RZ value.

2. No... It can potentially take nearly 90 days for Gamer Zone $10 rewards to credit to your account, because first of all, all purchases have a 35 day waiting period before they get credited to your Reward Zone account. Then, once the purchase has become "official", it will count toward video game purchases for purposes of Gamer Zone. It can then take up to another 35 days for the Gamer Zone credit to become "official", and furthermore it can take up to 10 days for reward certificates to be issued once you've officially earned one. Once in awhile you'll luck out and get your GZ credit sooner, but in my experience it has taken around 60 days more often than not.

Even worse is the fact that starting last year, BB now wipes out your RZ account on Jan 1 of every year, so effectively all purchases made during the last 35 days of the year are going to earn NO rewards at all, and Gamer Zone certs could potentially be at risk to not "clear" in time, from Halloween on.

[quote name='gamerdogbert']
Even worse is the fact that starting last year, BB now wipes out your RZ account on Jan 1 of every year, so effectively all purchases made during the last 35 days of the year are going to earn NO rewards at all, and Gamer Zone certs could potentially be at risk to not "clear" in time, from Halloween on.[/QUOTE]

And that's when you complain until they reimburse you at least some of you points back :lol:. It's a bad program made even worse when you usually can't gain points on your Christmas time purchases.

Every time something doesn't go right with my RZ account (which is a LOT) I shoot them an email. Rarely do I ask for anything, most of the time I just ask where my points are or why it's taking longer than it shoot. However, I'd say 90% of the time I email them I get either points or a RZC back.

bread's done
Back