Best Buy Reward Zone Gamer's Club

Hellacious

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
Starting Tomorrow September 30th. Best Buy is starting their soft launch of the new Reward Zone Gamer's Club. You will be able to go to www.myrewardzone.com/gamersclub/ and join the new club. I should also mention that this is FREE to sign-up. So what does this club do for you?

It is essentially the same as your current reward zone but you will receive $10 in Reward Zone Certificates for every $150 spent in Videogame Software, Videogame Accessories, and PC Software. This is not good on Videogame Hardware. There are quite a few other benefits that will be coming out in the future for this new Club also. You must have a standard Reward Zone Card to join. This new club goes over the top of your account and you will still just use your standard Reward Zone Card once you have joined the Gamer's Club. It will officially roll out to store's on October 12th and will be advertised in the October 19th ad.

Figured I'd give all of you CAGers a heads up though.

EDIT:

1. Log into your Best Buy Rewards Zone account.
2. On the home page, hold your mouse over the right most tab labeled "Community and Clubs".
3. You should see "Reward Zone Gamers Club" on the drop down list.
4. Read the conditions (blah blah), and sign up on the right side of the screen.
5. Enjoy this free promotion and don't complain about it.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SDC']Question, as I'm not entirely sure how it works:
FFTA2 is one of the games that nets you 50 extra points. I understand that buying the game with a Gift Card won't get me points for the purchase, but will it ALSO not let me get the 50 extra points?[/quote]

You do get RZ points when paying with a GC. If you pay with a RZ certificate you won't, at least for the portion covered by the certificate. Hope that helps. :)

Just signed up, I wonder what they'll do with the info about your preferred gaming system. I have all 3 consoles and both portables, had to think for a minute as to what to choose!

Well I finally got in!

Did someone say they got points retroactively for previous game purchases? I bought Rock Band 2 a couple weeks ago, I know there's the whole pending period, I just didn't know if it would count towards the new program.

If not at least I'll get a $10 guaranteed when I buy the GHWT kit!

[quote name='whymustiregister']You do get RZ points when paying with a GC. If you pay with a RZ certificate you won't, at least for the portion covered by the certificate. Hope that helps. :)[/QUOTE]

I thought earlier this year they changed that and you get points when you purchase a giftcard now, but NOT when you redeem it. It's good for you, but sucks for anyone you give a GC to.

[quote name='xbox_mole']I thought earlier this year they changed that and you get points when you purchase a giftcard now, but NOT when you redeem it. It's good for you, but sucks for anyone you give a GC to.[/quote]

Ah forgot about that change. :cry:

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/programRules.jspx

Non-Qualifying Items

Best Buy Reward Zone program Points will not be earned for the following: instant rebates and the value of mail-in rebates on purchases, purchases made for resale or paid by Reward Certificate or Gift Card, sales tax, state fees, shipping charges, delivery charges, restocking fees, commercial or industrial purchases, other excluded charges, and certain items that are excluded in particular promotions. Gift Card purchases are excluded from all double, triple and similar Point promotions. Members will earn 1 point for every $1 of Gift Card purchases. Other exclusions may apply.

Reward Zone program Certificates may not be redeemed for discounts off the following: prior purchases, purchase of Gift Cards, purchases made for resale, payment on any Best Buy credit card, sales tax, state fees, shipping charges, delivery charges, restocking fees, commercial or industrial purchases. Other exclusions may apply.

[quote name='oemor']i think its a month before they are officially added to your account[/quote] Why does it take so long? It makes no sense.

Is anyone else having trouble logging in to their reward zone account? I tried to log in and it said my email address and password do not match their record. I tried to fill out the "Forgot Password" form, but when I clicked Submit it said it couldn't complete my request.

[quote name='Cheadyp']Is anyone else having trouble logging in to their reward zone account? I tried to log in and it said my email address and password do not match their record. I tried to fill out the "Forgot Password" form, but when I clicked Submit it said it couldn't complete my request.[/quote]

I can never log in with my e-mail for some reason. I always have to use my RZ number.

[quote name='ShonnyG112']Why does it take so long? It makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

Its so you can't make a purchase, reach your points goal, print a reward, use said reward, then return original purchase. The buffer time is so the return time expires.

[quote name='Cheadyp']Is anyone else having trouble logging in to their reward zone account? I tried to log in and it said my email address and password do not match their record. I tried to fill out the "Forgot Password" form, but when I clicked Submit it said it couldn't complete my request.[/QUOTE]

That exact situation happened to me also until I followed the link for "Set Up Your Account for Online Access" underneath the login. I had already done it before, but did it again anyway and that seemed to fix the problem I was having. *Legible Shrug*

[quote name='whymustiregister']I can never log in with my e-mail for some reason. I always have to use my RZ number.[/quote]

Thanks that worked!

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Its so you can't make a purchase, reach your points goal, print a reward, use said reward, then return original purchase. The buffer time is so the return time expires.[/quote]

Didn't work :\. Hopefully it will work later though, because I don't wanna have to remember my member id just to sign in.

[quote name='xbox_mole']I thought earlier this year they changed that and you get points when you purchase a giftcard now, but NOT when you redeem it. It's good for you, but sucks for anyone you give a GC to.[/quote]
I paid with a GC this year and I did NOT get points for the purchase using the GC.

So you receive the gamer points AND your normal reward zone points too? So if I bought a game for $60, I would get 60 gamer points AND 60 reward zone points?

Similar to their usual Reward Zone, however you only need to spend $150 to receive a $10 reward (in the form of 500 bonus points).

Click here for info.

Sign up now so all your holiday gaming purchases at Best Buy are applied and you get a nice return after new year's.

I joined today. THanks.

How can I get a new RZ Card? I was a charter member, so I've had this thing in my wallet for YEARS.. It is so beat up and falling apart.
But I ask at the store and (i think) I called up once and they said they don't issue replacement cards, buy a new one.
BAH to that!
-Mike

[quote name='mm07']I joined today. THanks.

How can I get a new RZ Card? I was a charter member, so I've had this thing in my wallet for YEARS.. It is so beat up and falling apart.
But I ask at the store and (i think) I called up once and they said they don't issue replacement cards, buy a new one.
BAH to that!
-Mike[/quote]

I'm in a similar situation. The once-blue? card is not almost completely faded white, with the only halfway legible part being the Member ID and barcode. If someone saw my card, they wouldn't even know what it was for.

You can print out a card from their website. Other than that, you just need to have them look up your account using your telephone number.

[quote name='Hellacious']Haze is only $29.99 now on the website - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8615224&st=haze&type=product&id=1192835517533

With that coupon... it makes the game only $10! In-Store only and since the Coupon says $59.99 to $39.99... it may be YMMV.[/quote]

Someone posted on SD that he got Haze for $9.99. http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=964311

[quote name='srvatte']
currently the price is $29.99 in store or online.
i went to my local best buy to check this offer and when i scanned my reward zone card at checkout it showed the offer of $20 off and ended up with 9.99 + tax.
[/quote]

I just picked up Haze, it took the $20 off automagically at checkout. I had a RZ cert for $5, so its was only $5 for me. Would be $10 otherwise. Still probably not really worth unless you're hard-up for a PS3 game to play. Debating whether to keep mine or trade into Blockbuster for $16 store credit. Thanks for the heads up.

I had a caggers day at BB!!

I went in today to get my receipt adjusted for when the cashier forgot to scan my RZcard, and to pick up haze for 10.00..............haze rang up as 30 and they told me they couldn't take the 20 off, AND that it would be easier for me to call the RZclub to get my points put on my card for the last purchases I made.

So fair enough I called, the guy at BestbuyRZ appollogized, and gave me 10.00 in RZ for the missed points receipt and another 20.00 for them not honoring haze! So I'll be getting 30.00 worth of certificates in the mail.

So I went back to BB, grabbed SAW 1,2&3 off of the shelves for 5, 5 & 6.00, went to the end of the isle and grabbed there coupons for 10% off of a dvd and double points and ended up getting the three saws for 16.00 and the 10%off stacked for 2 of the saws and double points on the third, and I thought they wouldn't be any good for sale items! Then I also grabbed haze again and told them it was 20 off, they rang it up again and sure enough it came up this time, got haze for 10.00!

So it was a good day and I was right about the 20 off, and I got 30.00 in rewards zone coupons for my trouble, thanks CAG!

[quote name='mkernan']I just picked up Haze, it took the $20 off automagically at checkout. I had a RZ cert for $5, so its was only $5 for me. Would be $10 otherwise. .[/quote]
in the same boat. As much as everyone knocks it, it's gotta be worth $5 right?!?! I picked up virtua fighter 5 (I know a great game, just not my style of fighting game) and def jam icon on clearance and as much as I didn't like the games they were worth the $10 or so I put into each of them.

I just signed up its great i will likely be more motivated towards more video game purchases at Best Buy now except game retailer pre-order bonuses on specific titles but for everything else!!!

[quote name='CaoPi']so what does everyone think about the game? some people call it a Halo bite off?[/QUOTE]

What's a Halo bite off? :/

Thanks OP - signed up and picked up Rock Band 2 for PS3 for 49.99 after CC PM =)

And now they'll track my purchases and call me a devil customer. =P

[quote name='CaoPi']so what does everyone think about the game? some people call it a Halo bite off?[/quote]

you are playing that? i immediatley took it across the street to gamestop

[quote name='Derrick1979']How long does it usually take for a purchase to show up online with your Reward/Gamer Zone points?[/quote]Month plus...i.e., it'll show up by the time you've forgot about it.

[quote name='Derrick1979']How long does it usually take for a purchase to show up online with your Reward/Gamer Zone points?[/quote]

It will show less than a week, as "pending". Once it pass the return window, it will be yours.

Just signed up today myself. I will probably pick up Haze for $10 as I was once almost going to pay full price when it 1st came out but I returned it right when it came in the mail for full credit. Thx!

New offers valid 11/3/08 through 11/30/08. Available in store only.

Hot Deal: $20 Off Age of Conan
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/premier/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=GO120OFF

Picture is of the PC version. Description is still about Haze. Not sure which versions qualify. Discuss in the other thread if you like:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202486

$5 Off Select Games
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/premier/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=GO1SAVE5

:360: Unreal Tournament 3
:360: Bioshock
:ps3: Sonic the Hedgehog
:wii: Game Party 2 Tournament
:ds: Kung Fu Panda: The Game

10% Off Select Games and Accessories
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/premier/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=GO1SAVE10

:360: Battlefield: Bad Company
:360: Nyko ChargeBase Charging Dock
:ps2: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Greatest Hits
:ps3: Resistance: Fall of Man Greatest Hits
:ps3: Nyko Intercooler TS
:wii: Wonder World Amusement Park
:wii: Nyko Power Adapter
:wii: dreamGEAR Play & Drive Soft Sports Kit
:ds: dreamGEAR 17-in-1 Bundle Pak
:ds: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

Earn 50 Bonus Points on Select PSP Favorites (also valid online)
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/premier/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=GO1PSP

FIFA Soccer 09
Midnight Club: L.A. Remix
Transformers: The Game
Sonic Rivals
Call of Duty: Roads to Victory

So, I realize this thread is really old at this point, but I have a question specific to the BBRZ GC and this is the thread that popped when I searched. Anyway,

I've been a standard RZ member for a while but only added GC in May when I did the pre-order for LA Noire.

My question is: what are the chances I can get BB to apply GC points to a purchase I made back in February? Do they actually track when you added GC to your RZ account or do I have a chance? (It's an additional $60 that would count to the bonus for $150 spending which is why I'm asking.)

I doubt it works retroactively.

BB is not going to give you points for something you bought prior to sign up. Your best shot might be to claim "missing points", but if you outright tell them you're trying to claim points from a purchase made 3 months prior to signing up for Gamer's Club, good luck. How much of your time is worth claiming 60 RZ ponts?

On the other hand, if you have Premier Silver RZ, there's is a separate service # you can call, and BB is more likely to bend rules for Silver RZ.

bread's done
Back