Best Buy Reward Zone Gamer's Club

Hellacious

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
Starting Tomorrow September 30th. Best Buy is starting their soft launch of the new Reward Zone Gamer's Club. You will be able to go to www.myrewardzone.com/gamersclub/ and join the new club. I should also mention that this is FREE to sign-up. So what does this club do for you?

It is essentially the same as your current reward zone but you will receive $10 in Reward Zone Certificates for every $150 spent in Videogame Software, Videogame Accessories, and PC Software. This is not good on Videogame Hardware. There are quite a few other benefits that will be coming out in the future for this new Club also. You must have a standard Reward Zone Card to join. This new club goes over the top of your account and you will still just use your standard Reward Zone Card once you have joined the Gamer's Club. It will officially roll out to store's on October 12th and will be advertised in the October 19th ad.

Figured I'd give all of you CAGers a heads up though.

EDIT:

1. Log into your Best Buy Rewards Zone account.
2. On the home page, hold your mouse over the right most tab labeled "Community and Clubs".
3. You should see "Reward Zone Gamers Club" on the drop down list.
4. Read the conditions (blah blah), and sign up on the right side of the screen.
5. Enjoy this free promotion and don't complain about it.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bojay1997']I get a physical packet of coupons at least three times a month from Best Buy probably because they just opened two new stores in our area and I have been a long-time (actually I was a charter member) Reward Zone member. I do pretty much just buy clearance games at Best Buy since I have yet to see them beat a DVD or CD price on Amazon once you figure in tax and gas. I like that these new certs are giving you a 7% return as opposed to 2% under the current scheme.[/quote]
Only recently have a received packets with 3 coupons each, but the coupons are always for big item stuff like stereo systems. I think I received a coupon for 10% off a cd, dvd, or game, maybe once in the last 5 years.

[quote name='J7.']Only recently have a received packets with 3 coupons each, but the coupons are always for big item stuff like stereo systems. I think I received a coupon for 10% off a cd, dvd, or game, maybe once in the last 5 years.[/quote]

Thats odd. Maybe you aren't reading them closely?

[quote name='kevzik']Thats odd. Maybe you aren't reading them closely?[/QUOTE]

They stopped sending me those 10% off coupons as well. Used to get them in the mail all time, but I don't think I have seen one in like 6 months

[quote name='bojay1997']The points accrual is way faster at a $10 cert for $150 spent. You realize that currently you have to spend $500 to get $10 in certs, unless it's a 2 for 1 or triple points coupon weekend, right?[/QUOTE]

Ah, you're right. I forgot that it's matched up that way with the gift certificates. That makes this sound really good.

Then heck yeah, I'm in. Whenever the site comes up..

$150 is nothing. 2 PS3/360 games and a DS game. I'm in as soon as they throw it up (esp. since I get taxed on Amazon :'()

[quote name='kevzik']Thats odd. Maybe you aren't reading them closely?[/quote]
I read 'em very closely! Maybe I exaggerated by 5 years, maybe it's only been 3.

The link doesn't work for me, either, but I'll be signing up once it becomes active. It'd be nice if this stacks w/ the racing club for bonus points (can't stand racing, but I'll take bonus points any day of the week!).

Link's still dead. Thanks for the info though! No reason not to add this since it's free, even if I don't shop there much.

I'll go for it, it is free. I spend maybe $150/year at BB for games. So it works out for an additional $10 off. I get those coupon for 10% every holiday weekend. It seems they have those deals for holiday weekends. Or so that seem to be the pattern for me. I haven't used one in several months.

What is the information behind that "black". They sent something out and never made that level?

I get most of my games from best buy as well, with price matches and all other coupons that come up. thanks op lets see how this works out

Double checked the info today at work. It stated that it should have been up already but something on corporates end is holding things up apparently. As I said before, the actual cards to sign-up for this won't hit the stores until Sunday October 12th. It will then be advertised the following Sunday the 19th in the ad. So ultimately Best Buy can soft launch this whenever they want. The hard launch isn't physically until the 12th. Sorry to jump the gun on this but normally when they say it will be posted at a specific time, they are on time and on purpose. Just keep checking the link, it will be up sooner or later.

[quote name='z3razerviper']wait so this is another card i have to carry around or is it just something that is attached to my reward zone[/quote]
I can never even find my RZ card, so I hope not. I usually end up having to look up my RZ number on my phone while I'm waiting to check out because I don't even remember what phone number it's under.

[quote name='EvilIA']I'll go for it, it is free. I spend maybe $150/year at BB for games. So it works out for an additional $10 off. I get those coupon for 10% every holiday weekend. It seems they have those deals for holiday weekends. Or so that seem to be the pattern for me. I haven't used one in several months.

What is the information behind that "black". They sent something out and never made that level?[/QUOTE]

The "black" status turned out to be a glitch or so BB says.

[quote name='HuBu']The "black" status turned out to be a glitch or so BB says.[/quote]

yup, i got that email and it says it was a test at the top of the email.

Why are people concerned with having their card? It's called technology people and the cashier can just find you in their system with an email/phone number you used when you signed up.

It is not another card. Once it hits the store, they will simply scan your reward card and a new sign-up title card with a upc essentially that will then add the Gamer's Club to your Reward Zone account. Once this is done, you can use the same old card that you have or it can be looked up by the cashier at the register. As for people who don't remember the phone number or whatever, if you are taking the 5 minutes to have the cashier find it every single time.... why don't you take the extra 2 minutes to have them update your account with the correct information so you can save yourself time in the future? Wouldn't that make more sense for us all. Just my 2 cents though.

[quote name='neudog']Why are people concerned with having their card? It's called technology people and the cashier can just find you in their system with an email/phone number you used when you signed up.[/quote]
It's called an endless stream of paranoid fake information on my part and not remembering or even caring what information I put in. Tech is good though, which is why I mentioned using my phone browser to look up my RZ number.

That "onecard" site that was mentioned is a nice idea - no reason why that wouldn't work. It's still a card though, so I wouldn't carry it. I only remember my ID and credit card half the time already. Wallets are for suckers.

[quote name='wii skiier']It's called an endless stream of paranoid fake information on my part and not remembering or even caring what information I put in. Tech is good though, which is why I mentioned using my phone browser to look up my RZ number.[/quote]

Wow the dumbass things people do to to avoid some junk mail/spam. Wait, maybe all these aliases (fake info) are to stop Big Brother from tracing your gaming habits.:roll:

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']I guess Best Buy is having trouble "getting it up." :D[/quote]

Then why is it every time they send me my bill I feel like they're giving me the old stiff one-eye to the rear?

It only works with game related stuff (not including PC hardware type like gaming controller for PC's).

You get $10 for every $150 you purchase. Thats it.

I don't know if Best Buy is just testing the Gamer's Club signup right now, but as of 3:45PM PST, you can sign up for it.

What I did was log in to my regular Reward Zone account at myrewardzone.com and then highlighted the Community and Clubs button near the top of the page to the middle right. The selections should include "Reward Zone Gamers Club" above the Racing Club option. Click on it and you should be directed to another page where you can sign up for it on the right side of the page.

Can someone else try this out and see if they can sign up for this today as well? I won't be buying anything from Best Buy until next week, so I also won't be able to determine if the point bonus ($10 RZ cert for 150 points worth) is active until a few days after then.

Also, the fine print states that the bonus works by giving you a shitload of bonus points on top of your regular earned points so I take that to mean buying 150 bucks worth of gaming stuff will basically give you 500 points EXTRA to give you $10 in RZ certs. Would like someone to confirm that too...

[quote name='shogun316']I don't know if Best Buy is just testing the Gamer's Club signup right now, but as of 3:45PM PST, you can sign up for it.

What I did was log in to my regular Reward Zone account at myrewardzone.com and then highlighted the Community and Clubs button near the top of the page to the middle right. The selections should include "Reward Zone Gamers Club" above the Racing Club option. Click on it and you should be directed to another page where you can sign up for it on the right side of the page.

Can someone else try this out and see if they can sign up for this today as well? I won't be buying anything from Best Buy until next week, so I also won't be able to determine if the point bonus ($10 RZ cert for 150 points worth) is active until a few days after then.

Also, the fine print states that the bonus works by giving you a shitload of bonus points on top of your regular earned points so I take that to mean buying 150 bucks worth of gaming stuff will basically give you 500 points total to give you $10 in RZ certs. Would like someone to confirm that too...[/quote]

Was able to sign up via this method as well. Thanks!

Awesome, I just joined too.
And there is a deal to get 50 extra points if you purchase five specific games. Too bad it doesn't work when you use gift cards. I still have $90 left over from buying my PS3 back in June.

[quote name='mitch079']Worked for me - https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/gamersClub.jspx - try that link[/quote]

If that doesn't work and you already have an RZ account (or want to sign up):

-Go to myrewardszone.com and log in/register.
-Mouseover Communities and Clubs
-Choose Rewards Zone Gamers Club

Current Special Offers (must be logged in to see offers)

Get 50 Extra Bonus Points with the purchase of the following DS games:

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/premier/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=GO1NDS

Madden NFL 08
Wall-E
Transformers: Autobots
Imagine Rock Star
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift

Get $10 in Reward Certificates for every $150 you spend on video games:

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/premier/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=GO110CERT

Contest:

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/premier/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=GO1SWEEPS

Enter for a chance to win a Saleen 281 Supercharged (worth $85,000), which is featured in Midnight Club: Los Angeles. You can enter once a day to increase your chances, now through Nov 30, 2008.

bread's done
Back