Best Buy Reward Zone Gamer's Club

Hellacious

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
Starting Tomorrow September 30th. Best Buy is starting their soft launch of the new Reward Zone Gamer's Club. You will be able to go to www.myrewardzone.com/gamersclub/ and join the new club. I should also mention that this is FREE to sign-up. So what does this club do for you?

It is essentially the same as your current reward zone but you will receive $10 in Reward Zone Certificates for every $150 spent in Videogame Software, Videogame Accessories, and PC Software. This is not good on Videogame Hardware. There are quite a few other benefits that will be coming out in the future for this new Club also. You must have a standard Reward Zone Card to join. This new club goes over the top of your account and you will still just use your standard Reward Zone Card once you have joined the Gamer's Club. It will officially roll out to store's on October 12th and will be advertised in the October 19th ad.

Figured I'd give all of you CAGers a heads up though.

EDIT:

1. Log into your Best Buy Rewards Zone account.
2. On the home page, hold your mouse over the right most tab labeled "Community and Clubs".
3. You should see "Reward Zone Gamers Club" on the drop down list.
4. Read the conditions (blah blah), and sign up on the right side of the screen.
5. Enjoy this free promotion and don't complain about it.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks shogun. With buying Guitar Hero World Tour full band pack later this month, this Gamers Club will come in handy. Though, if they do it like Rewards Zone (which I'm sure they will) my paying for the game with gift cards won't earn me any points.

thanks for the heads up, come Oct. 21 & up there will be at least 7 games that I just have to buy. So free rewards are coming to me :)

Signed up, but it's stupid how it makes you choose 1 system as your "primary" gaming system. Other than little kids, most people these days spend equal time on several gaming platforms.

cool... too bad I don't think I will be buying much the rest of this year due to the Toys R Us b1g1 free deal next week. oh well.. I hope I will be able to exchange my 2 free toys r us "paid" games for the 2 I want later on (the placeholders). I am not opening any of the 3 games incase they refuse, I will just get a refund.

[quote name='blah29']cool... too bad I don't think I will be buying much the rest of this year due to the Toys R Us b1g1 free deal next week. oh well.. I hope I will be able to exchange my 2 free toys r us "paid" games for the 2 I want later on (the placeholders). I am not opening any of the 3 games incase they refuse, I will just get a refund.[/quote]

more than less likely you will be able to price match that deal at best buy. I have done it for several years now myself in addition to using best buy coupons on top of it.last year I walked out with

Dynasty Warriors Gundam
Folklore
Heavenly Sword

for the low price of 83.XX after coupons and reward zone coupons.

I say that everybody joins and just make sure you always price match.

I really wonder how long they will keep this program going for, well at least at this $10 for every $150. I can just see them backing out of this in a few months.

Here's hoping I can swing a B2G1F pricematch.

If I read this right, you get regular RZ points in addition to Gamer's Club points? So if I spend $250 on gaming items, I'll get a $5 cert for the $250 on anything and $10 for the $150 on games?

[quote name='PKerr']I'll stick with my Circuit City 10% off new games gamer card thank you. ;)[/quote]
I went to my Circuit City last weekend for the first time in a long time. The video game section was so pathetic compared to Best Buy.

[quote name='no_exit']I went to my Circuit City last weekend for the first time in a long time. The video game section was so pathetic compared to Best Buy.[/quote]

same here. the store i went into was pathetic. Its really a depressing sight when you go from a best buy to a circuit city.

In this economic crisis i can see circuit city having to close stores. they are loosing money and are not very licquid. They are going to have trouble borrowing money to pay for holiday inventory.

The good news is possibly a going out of business sale and really cheap games. :applause:

had to log in to make it work, but i'm in. and i agree, i hate choosing one system as my primary. they should've just let you choose what systems you own or something.

I've logged in but it still keeps telling me

"We're sorry. We are not able to process your request at this time. Please try again later."

Same here, once I logged on I was able to sign up. I'm planning on getting 3 games anyway in the next 3 weeks (Saints Row 2, LBP, Fallout 3) so this works great for me.

[quote name='addicted2games']I think its funny this thread is 7 pages long and the damn thing isn't up and running yet.[/quote]
Ummmmmm, have you missed the last page and a half? Worked fine for me.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Ummmmmm, have you missed the last page and a half? Worked fine for me.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I just now tried it. Typed in a post assuming it was the same as the last week. Sorry.

Signed up, Probably get Saints Row 2 and Fallout 3 among some other in the upcoming weeks. (for Saints Row, will probably match CC $10 gift card offer)

[quote name='addicted2games']Haha, I just now tried it. Typed in a post assuming it was the same as the last week. Sorry.[/quote]
No problem, after reading my post I see I came off as a dick. Good to hear you got in.

I just logged in no problem. Too bad my $40 purchase of The Witcher EE a few weeks back doesn't count. I'd go buy another copy and then return it on the old receipt, but that's a hassle. Hmmmm....maybe....

I signed up, but I never buy anything at Best Buy anymore (games at least), so I don't see myself getting anything out of this.

If you're still getting the "We're sorry" page like I was, just log in and then go to the top selection "Community & Clubs" tab and you should see it under that.

Hmm....
search_results_landing

It's very simple I think the OP needs to be updated. I did this an hour ago exactly like this:

2. On the home page, hold your mouse over the right most tab labeled "Community and Clubs".
4. Read the conditions (blah blah), and sign up on the right side of the screen.

Enjoy!

[quote name='Legendbyname']It's very simple I think the OP needs to be updated. I did this an hour ago exactly like this:

Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Worked like a charm. OP should be updated.

[quote name='CombatCraig']Well I've followed everyone's directions to the T and it is still giving me the "We're sorry" error[/QUOTE]

So you went to https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/ hovered the mouse over Community and Clubs and went down to Reward Zone Gamers Club and clicked it? That's what I did and it worked. Thanks for the heads up OP.

Just signed up as well. And it turns out I'm eligible for a $5 off coupon from my previous purchases that I wasn't aware of, so thanks to the OP for making me check my profile ;)

Question... So if I were to walk in to BB and buy some games, and I already signed up to the Gamer's Club.... gave them my RZ member # or look me up... would I get credit for this?

I was thinking I would Deal Match TRU's Buy 2 get 1 Free.... and I have $5 GC to sweeten the deal, unfortunately I really don't have many games I want to buy... but will look.

I seen that DS deal, but unfortunately it's not a very good selection... I already have FFT.

bread's done
Back