Best Buy Reward Zone Gamer's Club

Hellacious

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
Starting Tomorrow September 30th. Best Buy is starting their soft launch of the new Reward Zone Gamer's Club. You will be able to go to www.myrewardzone.com/gamersclub/ and join the new club. I should also mention that this is FREE to sign-up. So what does this club do for you?

It is essentially the same as your current reward zone but you will receive $10 in Reward Zone Certificates for every $150 spent in Videogame Software, Videogame Accessories, and PC Software. This is not good on Videogame Hardware. There are quite a few other benefits that will be coming out in the future for this new Club also. You must have a standard Reward Zone Card to join. This new club goes over the top of your account and you will still just use your standard Reward Zone Card once you have joined the Gamer's Club. It will officially roll out to store's on October 12th and will be advertised in the October 19th ad.

Figured I'd give all of you CAGers a heads up though.

EDIT:

1. Log into your Best Buy Rewards Zone account.
2. On the home page, hold your mouse over the right most tab labeled "Community and Clubs".
3. You should see "Reward Zone Gamers Club" on the drop down list.
4. Read the conditions (blah blah), and sign up on the right side of the screen.
5. Enjoy this free promotion and don't complain about it.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pob14']/In.

Did everybody see the 50 bonus points deal for select DS games?

The games are:

Madden NFL 09
Wall-E
Transformers: Autobots
Imagine Rock Star
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift[/quote]

[quote name='typeRJ']If that doesn't work and you already have an RZ account (or want to sign up):

-Go to myrewardszone.com and log in/register.
-Mouseover Communities and Clubs
-Choose Rewards Zone Gamers Club

Current Special Offers (must be logged in to see offers)

Get 50 Extra Bonus Points with the purchase of the following DS games:

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/premier/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=GO1NDS

Madden NFL 08
Wall-E
Transformers: Autobots
Imagine Rock Star
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift

Get $10 in Reward Certificates for every $150 you spend on video games:

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/premier/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=GO110CERT

Contest:

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/premier/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=GO1SWEEPS

Enter for a chance to win a Saleen 281 Supercharged (worth $85,000), which is featured in Midnight Club: Los Angeles. You can enter once a day to increase your chances, now through Nov 30, 2008.[/quote]

I did, about 2 pages back. But it's nothing great right now. Hopefully they throw in some bonus points if you buy some of the bigger releases this holiday season for all systems.

Signed up. Not bad since im already part of the Silver Rewards and their Nascar Club which nets me double and triple points.

[quote name='chronojin']link aint working[/quote]

be sure to log in with a regular RZ account before trying the link.....

Thanks OP im good to go.. now I need to start buying games again from BB.

Seeing they are not specific on requirements except for games and hardware does anyone know if this excludes clearance items or do you think this is for games and hardware period ?

Thanks

[quote name='rolliauctions']Sign up worked. I don't like that it only lets you pick one system.[/quote]

I don't know if that just wants you to see sales from one system or if it's some type of polling that it's doing too.

You can change it any time it states...

[quote name='pazuzuindc']same here. the store i went into was pathetic. Its really a depressing sight when you go from a best buy to a circuit city.

In this economic crisis i can see circuit city having to close stores. they are loosing money and are not very licquid. They are going to have trouble borrowing money to pay for holiday inventory.

The good news is possibly a going out of business sale and really cheap games. :applause:[/quote]

The Circuit City's in my area always have plenty of stock.

I guess stores vary from state to state because I wouldn't set foot in a best Buy if my life depended on it.

Why in the world would you want Circuit City to go out of business?
There is this little thing called competition and without it a company could charge you whatever they wish for whatever product.

My local Circuit City looks like a dump compared to Best Buy. It looks like a barren store that is going out of business--they seem to never have any of the new releases or sale items, and if they do, they don't put the items out. I went in for a new release Wii game and they had none on the shelves, but when they checked the computer it said they had 50 in stock--no one bothered to put them out on the shelves. The only thing they are good for is a reference store to price match to get the extra 10%.

I have 2 local circuit citys and they are garbage compared to best buy. The 3 or 4 people in the store are always in a circle talking. Shelves look like hell and god forbid someone work a register. I doubt they'll be around much longer.

[quote name='PKerr']The Circuit City's in my area always have plenty of stock.

I guess stores vary from state to state because I wouldn't set foot in a best Buy if my life depended on it.

There is this little thing called competition and without it a company could charge you whatever they wish for whatever product.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused then why you've posted in this thread? Or are even reading it?

OP, thanks.

signed up yesterday and today after work bought a 50$ live/camera and preordered gears2 and midnight club. when the cashier scanned my rz card something popped about $50 garmin coupon or something and it mentioned on the screen that i was in the gamers club.

nobody seen on the screen about that 50$ garmin coupon??

[quote name='PKerr']The Circuit City's in my area always have plenty of stock.

There is this little thing called competition and without it a company could charge you whatever they wish for whatever product.[/QUOTE]

Personally for me, they are a crap company. They treat their employees worse than any other retailer and give the customer crap service.

When you fire your best salespeople to save money and hire know-nothings and then wonder why sales go down and warranty percentages took a dive, then you deserve to rot.

I've worked for a lot of retailers in the past 25 years; CC is horrible and they will not be around this time next year unless there is a miracle. I know a few people who still work for them and the company is being run poorly.

Blockbuster buying them was interesting, but even they ran away. The company is up for sale, I would be suprised a little if they didn't last past this Christmas; I would not be surprised if they were closed sometime in 2009.

Their only hope would be if Amazon loss the New York State Tax lawsuit and every state started charging internet sales tax; then Amazon would have no reason not to have B&M stores and CC would be tempting. But it looks like NY is going to loose this one, hell even Newegg gave NY the middle-finger and told them to sue them to get the tax.

[quote name='genfuyung']I have 2 local circuit citys and they are garbage compared to best buy. The 3 or 4 people in the store are always in a circle talking. Shelves look like hell and god forbid someone work a register. I doubt they'll be around much longer.[/QUOTE]

What is sad is I travel for work and the only CC stores I see that do any business are on busy border towns with Mexico. Any other store is dead.

BB always has people in it and WM is packed no matter where it is. The few Frys I get to visit are always busy but they seem to have lost their magic; or I just not in awe when I visit one anymore.

[quote name='jgon85']signed up yesterday and today after work bought a 50$ live/camera and preordered gears2 and midnight club. when the cashier scanned my rz card something popped about $50 garmin coupon or something and it mentioned on the screen that i was in the gamers club.

nobody seen on the screen about that 50$ garmin coupon??[/QUOTE]

That garmin coupon has been popping up long before the gamers club. It has been popping up every time my card has been scanned for at least a month. It seems very few people get it because the cashiers always look confused when it pops up and no one can figure out what it is. If you ever find out what that is about please post.

My theory - they have some deal where you buy a garmin you get a fifty dollar coupon off software with the idea you will buy some extra mapping or trip software.

I buy only pc games so if you only get it when buying software too we will be on to something.

Yeah, I've been baffling cashiers for about 2 months with the Garmin coupon. They must be getting used to it, whereas before they sat and stared at the screen for 2 minutes trying to figure out what to do, now they have their finger on the enter button to go right past it.

Has nothing to do with the gaming club... I think it MIGHT have something to do with the racing club, though, since at one point it did call it like a "racing club coupon" or something.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I'm confused then why you've posted in this thread? Or are even reading it?

OP, thanks.[/quote]

'Cause I live in this little town called America and in America we have free will. ;)

[quote name='Hybrid5006']6.67% off basically... rather get it off of amazon and save the 10% sales tax I have to pay over here[/quote]
What he said. These clubs are kind of pointless for everyone who can shop online

[quote name='jgon85']signed up yesterday and today after work bought a 50$ live/camera and preordered gears2 and midnight club. when the cashier scanned my rz card something popped about $50 garmin coupon or something and it mentioned on the screen that i was in the gamers club.

nobody seen on the screen about that 50$ garmin coupon??[/QUOTE]

The Garmin coupon is for the Racing Club. It pops up when I shop there too. It tells the cashier to accept the coupon because you are a member of the racing club.

Hooray, I'm in the club!

Too bad that the rest of their deals are crap; I almost never buy anything at Best Buy anymore, unless I happen to stumble on one of their magical clearances, which is pretty infrequent these days.

It's been so long since I've gotten a Rewards Certificate.

More promos added, all in store only -

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/premier/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=GO1SAVE5
$5 Off Select Games

:360:
NCAA Football 09
Ninja Gaiden II

:ps3:
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

:wii:
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/premier/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=GO1SAVE10
10% Off Select Games

:360:
Army of Two
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2
Top Spin 3

:ps3:
Assasin's Creed
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution

:wii:
Big Beach Sports

:psp:
Secret Agent Clank
Major League Baseball 2K8

:ds:
MySims

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/premier/offerDetails.jspx?offerCode=GO120OFF
$20 Off Haze for PS3

As a Reward Zone program member, Haze for PS3 can now be yours for just $39.99 (reg. price $59.99).

[quote name='Hellacious']Haze is only $29.99 now on the website - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8615224&st=haze&type=product&id=1192835517533

With that coupon... it makes the game only $10! In-Store only and since the Coupon says $59.99 to $39.99... it may be YMMV.[/QUOTE]

The deal says that the $ off offer is only good on regular prices. There is no coupon to print out, the prices will automaticallly ring up once your card is scanned and you are confirmed to be a member of the gamers club. It won't work as you've said in store.

Question, as I'm not entirely sure how it works:
FFTA2 is one of the games that nets you 50 extra points. I understand that buying the game with a Gift Card won't get me points for the purchase, but will it ALSO not let me get the 50 extra points?

[quote name='xbox_mole']The deal says that the $ off offer is only good on regular prices. There is no coupon to print out, the prices will automaticallly ring up once your card is scanned and you are confirmed to be a member of the gamers club. It won't work as you've said in store.[/quote]

Either way they couldn't pay me to play Haze. Timesplitters was the shit; the same studio failed hard on Haze.

Anyone know if PSN cards will qualify for this? I just bought a card and the 10% off coupon for games didn't recognize the card as a "game" purcahse.

[quote name='Pbear1212']Anyone know if PSN cards will qualify for this? I just bought a card and the 10% off coupon for games didn't recognize the card as a "game" purcahse.[/QUOTE]

It would make sense if it was classified as a game accessory rather than an actual game. That's how Wii and MS Points cards seem to be classified.

[quote name='Bootleg Zani']Either way they couldn't pay me to play Haze. Timesplitters was the shit; the same studio failed hard on Haze.[/quote]

Are you nuts? Time Splitters was awesome especially Time Splitters 2.

[quote name='Shady3011']Are you nuts? Time Splitters was awesome especially Time Splitters 2.[/QUOTE]

Timesplitters was THE shit = he liked it

Timesplitters WAS shit = he hated it

[quote name='chicagoz']Timesplitters was THE shit = he liked it

Timesplitters WAS shit = he hated it[/quote]

You'll have to forgive me. I'm dyslexic sometimes.

bread's done
Back