Best Buy - Rolando for iPod Touch or iPhone FREE

I need one guys. My three Best Buy's around me didn't have any (but I did get that Red Xbox 360 Controller w/ Play and Charge Kit for like $50 through Walmart.com price match).

Plz plz plz plz!!!

[quote name='dallow']Shady, if you don't get one by tomorrow night, send me a PM, and I'll get another for you.
Would be a nice game for you new phone.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I will take you up on that if I don't get one. I hate to be a beggar but I thought i'd ask again one last time since everyone is posting they are finding tons.

I've already got that $1 Peggle waiting for my 3GS so Rolando would be icing on my cake. :D

I'll be going back to BB later this week I'll try and grab a few. Not sure how many I will get I don't want to be greedy, but in SE Texas I don't really see that many ppl wanting this.

Thank you BlueLobstah for seeing my posts and giving me a code for free. Always nice to see CAGs willing to help each other out. :D

I'm going to try and swing by BB tomorrow after my final to see if they have any. I'll try to get extras. I'm getting a 3GS (my first cell phone) hopefully this weekend. And I was giving my bro-in-law a hard time about not being able to upgrade this past weekend. So to make up for it I'll try and get him a code. If I can snag a few more than that, I'll hand some out on here. Hope others do the same if I come back empty handed though. ;)

I would be very grateful if someone could grab one for me. I just got an iPod touch for fathers day. I would love to have this game, but my best buy didn't have any.

Checked Best Buy here, they didn't have any that I could find. If someone has an extra code they could send me, I'd appreciate it!

Edit, because I've gotten several messages looking for money or trades for this (or, are you serious?): If you're looking to profit off of a card that you picked up off of a counter for free, don't bother messaging me. I've helped other CAGs out with things without seeking a profit in the past and will more than likely do it again, and don't feel like I'm asking too much by asking for someone to help me out here. If you can, then great! If you don't want to do so, don't waste my time or yours.

Edit again: Got one, thanks to the awesome CAG who sent it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks, Lilytrabbit. This is why I like this site so much, unselfish cags helping each other out. Hope i can return the favor someday. :applause:

[quote name='arcane93']Checked Best Buy here, they didn't have any that I could find. If someone has an extra code they could send me, I'd appreciate it!

Edit, because I've gotten several messages looking for money or trades for this (or, are you serious?): If you're looking to profit off of a card that you picked up off of a counter for free, don't bother messaging me. I've helped other CAGs out with things without seeking a profit in the past and will more than likely do it again, and don't feel like I'm asking too much by asking for someone to help me out here. If you can, then great! If you don't want to do so, don't waste my time or yours.

Edit again: Got one, thanks to the awesome CAG who sent it![/QUOTE]

I understand a few bucks for your trouble on something that has value (games, splitting cost on stuff, console share downloads, etc.) but offers like this are laughable and wrong. We all know it's free. It's not funny or "cool" people. Arcane -- glad you got one.

PM fun from the XBL code trading forum/split the cost of the Amazon code deal:

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I have a Rolando downloadable token for the iTunes store. It works with any version of the iPhone or Ipod Touch. According to IGN.com, it is the best game on the platform, and a tremendous value.

Would you swap my Rolando downloadable code for your Street Righter II Turbo HD code?

Thanks,
Sean[/QUOTE]

What's most insulting is that apparently it needs to be "sold" to me AND I have no clue what the search function is.

Wow... And I just got an iPhone at the closest Best Buy last weekend. I certainly don't remember seeing anything of the sort there, though (not that I knew to look for it).

If anyone happens to have an extra (or has the chance to grab another), I would much appreciate the help. I don't know if I'll have a chance to make the hour long drive to Best Buy anytime in the foreseeable future.

I would also love if somebody could grab or share an extra. All of the Best Buy locations near me have been picked clean.

Thanks in advance.

No dice at the Best Buys near me. I'll be checking out the ones north of me this weekend and see how many I can snag. If anyone has an extra though, that would be pretty awesome :)

I could use a code also if anybody has one to spare, I would really appreciate it. I've went to four bestbuys and none have them :( Even had a friend in another state check a few and they did not have any either.

You shouldn't expect to find these easily. These originally were part of a deal where you bought a gift card and got a free code.

Nevertheless... I'm still looking for one. No trades. Just one straight code from the kindness of a fellow CAG's heart.

As everyone else, a code would be nice over here. I left my two local Best Buys without any luck. Thanks to anyone with an extra code that is feeling generous towards a CAG with a 13 hour drive ahead of him this weekend.

Instead of asking for a code, I have a 48 hour Xbox Live code that I would be willing to trade for a rolando code. Please PM me if interested.

Of course, generosity works too! :)

I had to travels a ways out to PA to visit a friend anyway, and found a BB on the way (I live in the bumbles on rural NJ :(), and as luck would have it, they couldn't find any and had no idea what I was talking about.

Hopefully someone might be able to spare a code! I really like simple, engaging games like this and would love to have a code. Nothing much to share unless you would like to get in on a download spot on Wolfenstein 3D for PS3, or PayPal.

if anyone is interested, there is a stack of rolando cards behind the glass in the gaming section of the BB in danbury, ct.

As of two hours ago, there were 9 cards at the Mountain View store on Charleston.. I hunted around a bit and finally found them in the "MP3 players & accessories" shelf in the middle of a bunch of headphones, car chargers, etc. Look for the large blue " & iPod" ring hanging from the ceiling, imagine dropping a line to the floor directly from the center of that ring.

I'm a little concerned, as the checkout guy just scanned the barcode and that's it. I didn't realize until after I left, but don't gift cards typically require scratching off and activating the code at the register? I haven't gotten a chance to try entering the redeem code on iTunes at home - it didn't work when I tried redeeming the code in the iTunes app on my phone directly, but the instructions don't imply that would work anyway. Ah well, hope it works tonight, and if not I hope I can call and get them to activate it on the phone, instead of requiring another trip.. May as well spend the $5.99 on the app instead of gas in that case..

[quote name='aclayton']As of two hours ago, there were 9 cards at the Mountain View store on Charleston.. I hunted around a bit and finally found them in the "MP3 players & accessories" shelf in the middle of a bunch of headphones, car chargers, etc. Look for the large blue " & iPod" ring hanging from the ceiling, imagine dropping a line to the floor directly from the center of that ring.

I'm a little concerned, as the checkout guy just scanned the barcode and that's it. I didn't realize until after I left, but don't gift cards typically require scratching off and activating the code at the register? I haven't gotten a chance to try entering the redeem code on iTunes at home - it didn't work when I tried redeeming the code in the iTunes app on my phone directly, but the instructions don't imply that would work anyway. Ah well, hope it works tonight, and if not I hope I can call and get them to activate it on the phone, instead of requiring another trip.. May as well spend the $5.99 on the app instead of gas in that case..[/QUOTE]

Don't be concerned. You scratch it off yourself, and enter the code in iTunes. The cashier did it right.

Finally found them in a Long Island BB today. The Westbury store had about 50-60 left as of a few hours ago. They're on a rack of iTunes album cards (basically a card to download a cd, instead of buying one) near the registers.

[quote name='guessed']Don't be concerned. You scratch it off yourself, and enter the code in iTunes. The cashier did it right.[/QUOTE]

On the back I saw "Card has no value until activated at register", but then step 3 is "Scratch off label and enter code".. So I figured things were likely OK, but couldn't shake the nagging suspicion..

I found them inside of the glass cage with ipods and stuff.
they said its for the customers who purchased either a iphone or itouch.
i got my new iphone today so i got it for free. i asked for 2 but the guy said no.

My Best Buy had them just on those hooks like they do with other giftcards (in the iPod section). I just took two off the hooks and brought them up to the register to have the cashier activate them. Didn't buy anything else. Just brought up two free cards, she scanned them and I left.

The UPC code is identical on all the cards, so it wouldn't matter which they scanned, the only difference is the code under the scratcher.. I've never bought an iTunes/other gift card, I assume they have to scratch and enter the code to activate at checkout, otherwise those $50 cards wouldn't be sitting out on racks, easily walked away with..

Thinking about this is what got me concerned that the checker only UPC scanned, and didn't scratch/activate mine, but when I got home and scratched, the code worked fine.

So.. Apple has no way of knowing which of these cards has been "bought", i.e. you could walk out with one/many without going to checkout. Of course I wouldn't recommend this, unless you want to create some unnecessary excitement with the retention folks. :) And probably bad karma to screw with their inventory count, when they are providing cool freebies like this..

[quote name='aclayton']So.. Apple has no way of knowing which of these cards has been "bought", i.e. you could walk out with one/many without going to checkout. Of course I wouldn't recommend this, unless you want to create some unnecessary excitement with the retention folks. :) And probably bad karma to screw with their inventory count, when they are providing cool freebies like this..[/QUOTE]

Definitely not worth the risk trying to walk out with them without checking out. It is best to ring them up, not only because it doesn't make it look like you are stealing, but also it clears the cards out of their inventory, so they don't think they have some left when they don't.

I went to my local Best Buy and got 3 more cards (the last 3). I gave away 5 of em yesterday in the contests forum so I figured I would give away these 3 in here.

The first 3 CAGs with a year+ membership to pm me gets them.

[quote name='Malik112099']I went to my local Best Buy and got 3 more cards (the last 3). I gave away 5 of em yesterday in the contests forum so I figured I would give away these 3 in here.

The first 3 CAGs with a year+ membership to pm me gets them.[/QUOTE]

2 left.............

Seriously..I'm not gonna beg you guys to take free Rolando codes for iTunes so that you can have one of the best gaming experiences on your iPhone or iPod Touch......

did I mention I still have 2 codes?

bread's done
Back