Best Buy, Select Nintendo Games Buy 1 Get 1 50% off.

Hemi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat318500050007&type=category

In the weekly ad but felt it deserved it's own thread.

It breaks down to 25% off each game, but when you also have GCU it becomes an even better deal.

The Wii U games end up at $90 for two, while the 3DS games end up at $60 for two.

GCU members will end up with $71.98 for two Wii U games, and $47.98 for two 3DS games. (Before tax)

The list includes Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Zelda ALTTP, Pokemon X & Y, The New Mario Party for the 3DS, Animal Crossing New Leaf, and a few others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought two 3D Worlds for $76 (inc. tax), sold one on ebay for $57, so after fees and shipping, I got my game for $28. Not bad.

Got Luigi's Mansion and Mario Kart 7 for my 3DS for about $50 after tax. Damn, I only got the thing a few weeks ago, and I already like 6 games for it. I've treated myself well for Christmas this year, haha. ;)

Why does W101 Never go on sale, get discounted, or is never a part of promotions? I've heard good things about the game, but damn, it's been out for a while now. Sixty bucks for Zelda is one thing, you know what you're gonna get, you know? But 101 is a new IP, you'd think they would want to grab as many people to play it as they can.
Not really. W101 is kinda-sorta a fairly unique experience, something WiiU has been sorely lacking for the most part. Aside from control hiccups it's one of the best games on the system and totally worth $60. And Platinum knows it, right now they have next to no competition on WiiU (especially since Sonic got mediocre reviews and Rayman went multiplatform) and they have a great game, I think it'd be foolish to lower the price in this situation, especially during the holidays.

Meanwhile, calling Zelda a rehash is being overly polite. I get so sick of Nintendo's arrogance sometimes. There's nothing special about this HDified port, and frankly I think pricing it at $50 is a giant middle finger to the fans. Just because some intern spent the day tweaking the code to make sailing faster and add a hard mode, it =/= a new game, and certainly no more special than the mountains of HDified collections already out. I refuse to even look at this game for a penny over $15 (and only then cause my GC disc is getting worn out) but since it has Zelda in the title the fanboys would buy it at any price :???: . That wouldn't bug me so much if the good, unique games like W101 didn't just get skipped over and tank because "OH LOOK I CAN REPLAY A ZELDA GAME I ALREADY OWN FROM 10 YEARS AGO!!! WHAT AN AWESOME REMAKE ITS LIKE A WHOLE NEW GAME!!!!!!"

Ugh, a lot of people need to learn what the word "remake" means, but that's another topic. The point is W101 > a $50 HDified port that should've came with HD Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword, or shouldn't have been a cent over $20. Maybe the price will drop soon, but it's far worthier of your $60 than Wind Waker will ever be. And, at least to me, sometimes supporting the devs who do it right is more important than buying what's popular or waiting for a price drop for a great game.

Last edited:
Not really. W101 is kinda-sorta a fairly unique experience, something WiiU has been sorely lacking for the most part. Aside from control hiccups it's one of the best games on the system and totally worth $60. And Platinum knows it, right now they have next to no competition on WiiU (especially since Sonic got mediocre reviews and Rayman went multiplatform) and they have a great game, I think it'd be foolish to lower the price in this situation, especially during the holidays.

Meanwhile, calling Zelda a rehash is being overly polite. I get so sick of Nintendo's arrogance sometimes. There's nothing special about this HDified port, and frankly I think pricing it at $50 is a giant middle finger to the fans. Just because some intern spent the day tweaking the code to make sailing faster and add a hard mode, it =/= a new game, and certainly no more special than the mountains of HDified collections already out. I refuse to even look at this game for a penny over $15 (and only then cause my GC disc is getting worn out) but since it has Zelda in the title the fanboys would buy it at any price :???: . That wouldn't bug me so much if the good, unique games like W101 didn't just get skipped over and tank because "OH LOOK I CAN REPLAY A ZELDA GAME I ALREADY OWN FROM 10 YEARS AGO!!! WHAT AN AWESOME REMAKE ITS LIKE A WHOLE NEW GAME!!!!!!"

Ugh, a lot of people need to learn what the word "remake" means, but that's another topic. The point is W101 > a $50 HDified port that should've came with HD Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword, or shouldn't have been a cent over $20. Maybe the price will drop soon, but it's far worthier of your $60 than Wind Waker will ever be. And, at least to me, sometimes supporting the devs who do it right is more important than buying what's popular or waiting for a price drop for a great game.
It's not like this is part of an HD collection. Have you seen side-by-sides of the original and this one? This one looks beautiful. Not to mention they did have to fix up the game a bit and add a couple of things. I agree, $50 is a bit much. I think $40 would've been much better. You look at Halo Anniversary at $40 almost doing the same thing for $10 cheaper, yeah.

It's not like this is part of an HD collection. Have you seen side-by-sides of the original and this one? This one looks beautiful. Not to mention they did have to fix up the game a bit and add a couple of things. I agree, $50 is a bit much. I think $40 would've been much better. You look at Halo Anniversary at $40 almost doing the same thing for $10 cheaper, yeah.
The same could be said of the Jak and Daxter collection, the Killzone collection, Metal Gear Solid Collection, God of War collection, Ico/SotC, God of War Origins, or even Doom 3 BFG (the latter three added 3D, which is typically much more difficult than HDifing graphics). In particular, the MGS collection had a ton of work done to it, and Doom 3 added 8 whole new levels. Even looking at WW/WWHD photos side by side, the lighting/shadows look a bit improved and the sky/ocean was clearly redone, but not much else looks like it should have taken much work. I'm no expert but I do have plenty of experience, and I can't imagine they wouldn't have profited nicely at least at the $30 mark.

Everything I said above is irrelevant though, contrary to what I've read on several fansites Nintendo is as greedy as any other corporation out there and does some pretty shady crap. But they aren't total morons. The $50 price point wasn't chosen because it's fair, it was chosen because they knew they could get away with it. I haven't tried to look up any sell data but I'm guessing they were right? That's what bugs me, W101 is a fantastic experience yet everyone seems more interested in the slightly updated version of the game they already played.

Last edited:

I get that, but I'm just saying, the layperson has no idea what W101 is, while they know what they are getting with Mario or Zelda. It should go on sale so people take a chance on it. Working in retail gaming myself, I get tons of people who will buy a 60 dollar Mario title over W101, and hardly anyone knows what the game is about really. That's all I'm saying, quality is irrelevant in a lot of ways with Nintendo games.

Spoken like someone who has never developed anything moderately complex.

Signed,

- A Developer Who Works on More Than Moderately Complex Systems

Anyone know if you can combine this deal with a B2G1 coupon?  What would the best outcome on it be?  $60 + $30 + $0?  Or is there way to get a 4th game free or half off?

I get that, but I'm just saying, the layperson has no idea what W101 is, while they know what they are getting with Mario or Zelda. It should go on sale so people take a chance on it. Working in retail gaming myself, I get tons of people who will buy a 60 dollar Mario title over W101, and hardly anyone knows what the game is about really. That's all I'm saying, quality is irrelevant in a lot of ways with Nintendo games.
I gotcha, and yeah that makes perfect sense. I hadn't really considered it from the retail point of view. I'd hope that the demo and proper advertising would alleviate some of that, but I guess not....

Spoken like someone who has never developed anything moderately complex.

Signed,

- A Developer Who Works on More Than Moderately Complex Systems
Thanks for the assumption, but it's wrong. I'm not about to post a personal resume or anything, but yes, I have worked in game design before. No, I've never worked for Nintendo, and I don't personally know anybody who worked at NCL, but I do know a few people personally who do work at NoA. Without posting any further information, I myself have worked at a few different places, including WB Interactive. So yes, I do know a thing or two about game design, and I stand by what I said before: comparing the work done in previously released HD collections with what I've seen of WWHD, I see practically nothing to warrant that $50 pricetag aside from the fact the name Zelda is stamped on it.

All that said, Nintendo seems to have become fairly incompetent in a lot of areas lately (3 years to make NSMBU rofl, VC, online, ect), so maybe they wasted a ton of manhours in porting Wind Waker HD. I don't know. What I'm saying is that's not the consumers problem, and I think $50 is outrageous. I personally would never even consider touching it at that price. But other WiiU owners are desperate for something to play, and it has Zelda's name attached to it, so I guess it sells at that price. It's just a shame that devs who work on a project from the ground up and deliver an entirely new experience fail to compete with an overpriced HDified port. If it were any other company I'd say that WWHD would be due for a sharp price drop after the holidays, but knowing Nintendo they'll stop printing the game before they let that happen.

Wonderful 101 is a really, really good game for anyone on the fence. I was a naysayer when it was first released because I thought the demo did a really poor job explaining itself, but once you play it for a bit it clicks and really becomes one of the most unique gaming experiences I've had in awhile. Tight combat with your typical over the top Platinum boss battles. Best of all, it's looong. Probably took me 15 to 20 hours to beat (didn't really time it) and it remains awesome throughout.

$52.00 for Mario Kart and Party Land, that including taxes with my GCU. Being a GCU has its benefits this is one and i am glad to be apart of it.  If any of you get the $30 coupon use it asap.  this is a good example of when you should take full advantage of it.  

Probably going to pick up Zelda 3DS + Super Mario 3D World. Obviously not taking ideal advantage of the offer, but it's still a good price for the combo.

lol... Also, stop tossing GCU around. A lot of us don't have it. =(
but alot of us do and man is it fantastical. Dispite having GCU since almost the begining and traded in thousands in credit. I have not bought anything new at BB in almost half a decade, I used my GCU to buy zelda 3ds and pokemon y for 49 (25 cert negates some taxes). Traded in Y to GS for over 29 dollars when they had that short promo.

New Zelda 3DS is worth every penny.

Can't believe I had to pay MSRP for Zelda oot, luigi's mansion, and kid icarus when those came out.

It would be $50.98 for me to get two copies of Zelda.  Ugh, I just can't pull the trigger!  (One copy would be to sell if I did purchase them; I have everything else on that list except for Luigi's Mansion.)

Hey,

Was curious on getting some opinions if it will be worth picking up Pikmin 3 during this sale? I wasn't really keeping up with games when the other Pikmins were released, so I bought them years later. I know most Nintendo titles you are best to get during a sale like this cause they don't really drop in price. But I was just curious if you guys are expecting the price on this one to drop or not?

Thanks!!!

Still interested in acquiring Wind Waker and/or ALBW from someone with gcu. Will paypal you cost plus shipping.

PM me for further negotiations.

Renewed my GCU membership for $30 and bought Zelda, Animal Crossing, Pokemon X, and Pokemon Y. Games ended up only costing me about $28 after some leftover trade-in credit and a $5 reward certificate!

Hey,

Was curious on getting some opinions if it will be worth picking up Pikmin 3 during this sale? I wasn't really keeping up with games when the other Pikmins were released, so I bought them years later. I know most Nintendo titles you are best to get during a sale like this cause they don't really drop in price. But I was just curious if you guys are expecting the price on this one to drop or not?

Thanks!!!
Most first party Nintendo games take a long time to drop in price. If you don't want to wait until at least next holiday season, I'd say your best bet is to get it now.

It's a fantastic game though, and I was happy paying full price for it on release day back in July. Worth every penny.

for any that are getting the new zelda 3ds. The 1st print copies should have a gold foil cover.
Have you or anyone else seen a non gold foil version? I didn't notice anything unusal about ones I've seen in store. They have golden color background, but it's not like a holographic or lenticular looking.

Most first party Nintendo games take a long time to drop in price. If you don't want to wait until at least next holiday season, I'd say your best bet is to get it now.

It's a fantastic game though, and I was happy paying full price for it on release day back in July. Worth every penny.
Well, they would get a little cheaper in a B2G1, which is likely to happen sometime in the new year at some store. That would make any of them 33% off instead of the 25% off like this sale. Having said that, I had to grab pikmin and mario world in this sale since I don't have much on wii u yet, and I am only about $100 away from reaching elite rewards status and free shipping for next year.

Even though the promotion still applies in my cart and the offer still shows on BB.com, I get some weird error and can't check out. Anyone else have this?

• Item promotion promo259900050004 has expired and cannot be used in the order

bread's done
Back