Best Buy sending out coupon for Gamers Club Unlocked for $60 for 2 years

Those of you who have the $30 coupon better double check it. I had one and it expired December 31st so I'm pissed I let it expire. Hopefully they send me the $60. My membership runs out in march, I'm wondering if I pre- order a game and pick it up after my membership is up will i still get the %20 off if ordered online. Early post is making me doubt that.

So if you already have GCU for 2 years from the previous coupon, will this coupon stack and tack on another 2 years to my membership? Or is it only valid for non-GCU members?
This is what I am wondering. I have gotten way more then that is worth our of it so far. enough that i would even get it at 60

I would buy it if they sold XB1/PS4 digital download games, but as far as I've seen, I don't think they do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do have the 2 for $30 coupon still available for those interested (emailed to me, which I can forward to you asap). Pm me, I'll be on for a while tonight.

I got the coupon....I wasn't gonna bite, but at $60 and the ability to buy 3 of the same title a year it's a win. Can sell the 2 extra copies of each hot game and make your money back.

Just curious, did everyone who got this one used to be an unlocked member, but not recently enough for the $30 coupon?

Damn hope I get one, I will probably be doing most of my purchases at Best Buy in the near future (That and Amazon)
Yeah, itd be nice to get one. And it'd also be nice if the few people on here who I messaged that don't want theirs, would hook me up.

Just curious, did everyone who got this one used to be an unlocked member, but not recently enough for the $30 coupon?
I have never been an unlocked member or even signed up for reward zone, and I got one. But I did pre-order a PS4 there, and the email specifically mentions "your PS4."

I've bought tons of new releases at BBY and got my PS4 there, Elite Member

I wonder what qualifies for these E-Mails cause I would definately sign up for this for 60 bucks instantly

I wish I would get these E-Mails >.<

I have never been an unlocked member or even signed up for reward zone, and I got one. But I did pre-order a PS4 there, and the email specifically mentions "your PS4."
same here. Got the email but never had unlocked, also had ps4 pre ordered and purchased at BB

I got in on the $30 coupon, but if I hadn't & got one of these I'd jump on it in a heartbeat.  Can't believe people are debating it or even calling it a bad deal unless they absolutely NEVER buy new release games.  For me, there are 3 games on the "preorder & win" list I'd be buying at release anyway - Watch Dogs, Destiny & Dying Light.  Taking the 20%, $10 back & tax into consideration I'd save $23/game over buying them at GS.  So right there is $69.  That's not even counting the discount I'll be getting on new release games not on the list, or what I'll save on older or sale games since the discount applies to everything.  Seems crazy to pass on it IMO.  

just a heads up, I never got the coupon but I called bb customer service anyway and told them I had accidentally deleted the coupon and was trying to get another one. the guy on the phone checked and saw that i sighed up once in the very beginning when they had the magazine, so he sent me a coupon for $30 for unlocked. headed to bb after work to use it.

$60 is much better than $120 but I still don't know if I'll go for it. I'd have to spend $150/year at Best Buy to break even on this. That's a lot of $5-$10 games. I'm not even sure that there's enough games that will be cheap left that I want from the last gen and there's little chance PS4/X1 games will be those prices this year. Maybe some Wii U games. i'm going to have to think about this and look at my past few year's spending totals at Best Buy.

Yeah - Best Buy isn't going anywhere.

If I get the email, I'm in.
Best Buy went up 237% in 2013.
The stock run up was on pure speculation. Best Buy MUST start making a profit or they WILL be bankrupt.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2014/01/16/best-buy-shares-tank-thanks-to-disasterous-holiday-season/

oops, didn't realize it had my name on the coupon.

Edited out my name, let me know if it works for you.

BestBuy_zps459f8b9d.png

The last eight digits on my coupon upc are different than the coupon pasted above. My guess is they are tied to an account. I bet some social engineering would work though.

The last eight digits on my coupon upc are different than the coupon pasted above. My guess is they are tied to an account. I bet some social engineering would work though.
Ahh it's good to know that it's confirmed that each coupon code is different. I thought that it might've been a generic universal code that was given out.

Maybe it's just my browser at work, but I don't even see how to upgrade to "Unlocked." When I click on Gamer Club benefits page, it shows the details on it, but there are no links.

Pretty odd that they sent me the $30 coupon as well as the $60 coupon. Especially since I'm already a member. But my coupon has my name on it.

Maybe it's just my browser at work, but I don't even see how to upgrade to "Unlocked." When I click on Gamer Club benefits page, it shows the details on it, but there are no links.
You have to go into a store to sign up.

Do those who have never had GCU before receive E-mails that say "Pay like a chump with Gamers Club Unlocked"?

bread's done
Back