Best Buy sending out coupon for Gamers Club Unlocked for $60 for 2 years

I didn't get the email. If anyone gets an email and doesn't plan on using it would you mind PMing me? Would like to try this as I have a bunch of game purchases to make this year. 

Last edited by a moderator:
No 20% on price matches. Regardless, I never got a discount coupon for membership and paid the whole $120. It's been more than worthwhile.

I still had $40 in gift cards from the holiday promos, so I went ahead and jumped on this deal.  For $20 I figure I can certainly make out. 

Im glad i can now get in on all the GCU conversations now without feeling left out. 

Elite Plus and an older Gamers Club member.  No email. 

If anyone has an extra coupon that they are not going to use, I would be willing to pay and add a little extra.  Please PM me.

This site is not freegamer or bagGamer

Last edited:
No 20% on price matches. Regardless, I never got a discount coupon for membership and paid the whole $120. It's been more than worthwhile.
Didn't think so just thought I'd double check. This way I know how to figure the best deal when I want something. All I need to do is buy 6 games (not even counting trade ins) in the next 2 years and I'll be golden! Easy to see the deal here!

Some people trying to sell off a free code they were never gonna use -_- and they don't even know if it'll work for others.

What the fuck? I just realized that when I renewed for $30 when they gave out the original coupon, they only gave me a 1-year extension. The coupon says 2 years.

Would anyone happen to have a spare coupon or one they aren't going to use? I am very interested in unlocking Gamers Club. Please let me know :)

What the fuck? I just realized that when I renewed for $30 when they gave out the original coupon, they only gave me a 1-year extension. The coupon says 2 years.
Odd I renewed yesterday and it says "RZ Gamers Club Unlocked through 1/21/2016" on the gamers club site. Which is also an error because it's supposed to add 2 years on to the end of your current sub which mine expired sometime in February before the renewal.

Got the email and I'm very tempted. I just converted over $200 in Best Buy credit to Amazon credit. I have until February 1st to decide.

I've never been a member before, but I have purchased PS4 games/accessories and done a lot if trade ins there lately.

The 20% off does work with a pm
no go. Tried it today after price matching battlefield 4 for ps4 and the computer did not allow it because it was cheaper with the gcu discount than price matching. Unless it works if the price is lower than the gcu discount price.

I got the email for the 60$ for 2 years and I was never even a member haha but dont think Ill be signing up, its tempting considering I buy a boat load of games a year but I mostly buy it thru amazon, only time i buy a game from best buy is when theres a good deal on a game I want. oh well

A terrible deal. So wait, I have to pay you $60 to save money, and I'd have to spend a minimum of $300 in order to even start seeing any benefit from it?

As someone that waits for a $20/$30 price point to buy my games, I'd have to buy somewhere between 20 and 30 games from Best Buy get hit the $300 price point. It's rare that I buy 20 games a year, much less 20 games from Best Buy.

So yeah, sure thing Best Buy. I'll jump right on that.

I'm surprised so many self-proclaimed cheapasses are jumping on this terrible idea, frankly.

Known issue on this, posted in another thread here. IT work yet to happen that will fix the incorrect expiration of memberships.

I got the email for the 60$ for 2 years and I was never even a member haha but dont think Ill be signing up, its tempting considering I buy a boat load of games a year but I mostly buy it thru amazon, only time i buy a game from best buy is when theres a good deal on a game I want. oh well
So you buy a boatload of new games and don't think saving 20% on every new game for two years wouldn't be worth spending $60 toward? Buy 5 new releases over that period and you're even. Any more than that, you're ahead of the game. And yes, the discount stacks on top of sales. And you get a 10% bonus on your trades in store (software) and 2x MyBBY points on gaming purchases (new software and accessories) as well as 10% off preowned games.

Thank you for this post . I would've missed the email with the coupon .

$60 is very enticing offer vs 120 . Also I am
Not sure what the requirements are to recieve the coupon , but I only enrolled in the free version of gamer club and I am an elite plus member .

So you buy a boatload of new games and don't think saving 20% on every new game for two years wouldn't be worth spending $60 toward? Buy 5 new releases over that period and you're even. Any more than that, you're ahead of the game. And yes, the discount stacks on top of sales. And you get a 10% bonus on your trades in store (software) and 2x MyBBY points on gaming purchases (new software and accessories) as well as 10% off preowned games.
Dont buy newly released games unless I really wanted it right away which in most cases I dont. I wait til it lowers to 10-40$ before I buy, with the GCU I would only save about 8$ for a 40$ game. 40-8=32 plus tax is barely any savings at all, Amazon price matches best buy about 80-90% of the time except for best buys deal of the day offering, Amazon dont charge tax where I live and I can wait 2 days for it to get here. I dont do trade-ins I like to keep my games, I have well over 50 games for each of my PS3 and XBOX 360. So the only benefit the GCU gives me is saving a few bucks and 2x best buy points which you have to spend so much just to get 5 bucks! I dont shop at best buy at all unless I see something I want or need which also most of the time is on amazon anyways. If they still had that magazine with those coupons plus the 20% off on games then I might bite but for now Im hoping theyll send me a coupon to join GCU for 30$ which then Ill definately join.

PS I dont buy preowned games either, I like my discs in pristine condition and my cases complete.

I was a little miffed that they didn't send me a $30 coupon, as I was a former paid member.  I gave CS a ring and they said they'll be sending me one within 24 hours.  I'm pretty excited about the program but I wish I had it sooner.  I bought 5 Xbox one games already and it would've paid for itself.  Anyway, just think about black friday and all the awesome deals in the future. 

Dont buy newly released games unless I really wanted it right away which in most cases I dont. I wait til it lowers to 10-40$ before I buy, with the GCU I would only save about 8$ for a 40$ game. 40-8=32 plus tax is barely any savings at all, Amazon price matches best buy about 80-90% of the time except for best buys deal of the day offering, Amazon dont charge tax where I live and I can wait 2 days for it to get here. I dont do trade-ins I like to keep my games, I have well over 50 games for each of my PS3 and XBOX 360. So the only benefit the GCU gives me is saving a few bucks and 2x best buy points which you have to spend so much just to get 5 bucks! I dont shop at best buy at all unless I see something I want or need which also most of the time is on amazon anyways. If they still had that magazine with those coupons plus the 20% off on games then I might bite but for now Im hoping theyll send me a coupon to join GCU for 30$ which then Ill definately join.

PS I dont buy preowned games either, I like my discs in pristine condition and my cases complete.
Fair enough. If not buying new release, the value does go down a bit. And that's quite a backlog of games.

Just an FYI, all preowned games (disc based) are refurbished before going back to stores. Most have original art but not all. Nothing wrong with buying new to make sure all is in perfect shape.

at $120 i couldnt see it but at $60 i think its a steal. $48+$10 for some pre orders ill jump, i just hope they put some more $10 pre order games up.

A terrible deal. So wait, I have to pay you $60 to save money, and I'd have to spend a minimum of $300 in order to even start seeing any benefit from it?

As someone that waits for a $20/$30 price point to buy my games, I'd have to buy somewhere between 20 and 30 games from Best Buy get hit the $300 price point. It's rare that I buy 20 games a year, much less 20 games from Best Buy.

So yeah, sure thing Best Buy. I'll jump right on that.

I'm surprised so many self-proclaimed cheapasses are jumping on this terrible idea, frankly.
Just because we're cheapasses doesn't mean we're not big spenders on good deals. All those $7.99 bestbuy DotD deals can add up over 2 years.

But I see your math is not that good, so that may be why you don't like the deal. At $20/$30 price point, you would need to buy 15/10 games to break even. On a site for videogame enthusiasts, I don't see how that would be hard to do.

Just because we're cheapasses doesn't mean we're not big spenders on good deals. All those $7.99 bestbuy DotD deals can add up over 2 years.
But I see your math is not that good, so that may be why you don't like the deal. At $20/$30 price point, you would need to buy 15/10 games to break even. On a site for videogame enthusiasts, I don't see how that would be hard to do.
Ah, It's $60 for 2 years? That I didn't realize, and would explain my poor math. I was led to believe the $60 was for one year.

Are these coupons for current or previous members only? I'm a new member to this forum as well as not being a member of GCU previously. I'd love to sign up for GCU but $120 was a bit much for me, $60 would be a lot better. Anyways, is this for current or previous GCU members only? Is there a way to request a coupon?

I hope to see many more posts about how terrible a deal this is alongside posts of people begging for coupons.
Lol. Yeah it is entertaining. I already renewed with the $30 coupon and am good until Feb. 2016. For some reason they sent me the $60 coupon as well. Is it possible to use the $60 coupon as well to get me enrolled until 2018? Or was them sending me this a mistake?

I wasn't a member and they sent me a $30 and $60 coupon anyway. Luck of the draw I guess.
That's crap though. Ive given them a ton in purchases and I can even get a $60 for 2 years coupon? I've been on their rewards thing since launch too. Its garbage how they don't make it more open to others.

I wasn't a member and they sent me a $30 and $60 coupon anyway. Luck of the draw I guess.
I never get these coupons or those random $5 rewards they sometimes give out, so I think there is some list where they classify their least profitable customers and shun them. And I'm elite. They probably see my order history is 90% sale/clearance and DotD or black friday doorbusters. Thankfully these were transferable.

It will definitely make me buy more that might have been an iffy purchase before the 20% discount. I can barely see myself even buying a game at target or amazon anymore except some 70% off clearance title.

I decided that I'm not going to use my $30 renewal coupon. Looking for $20 from Amazon (preferred) or Best Buy. PM me if you're interested in saving ten bucks.

Edit: Gone

Oh god, the AMZ vs BB + tax stuff is so old & quite frankly there`s such a VERY, VERY, VERY small % of people who make out better at AMZ.

Dollar for dollar you`d have to be a person that buys like 1-2 games TOTAL per yr for it NOT to be worth it.

$300 total in 2 yrs is $12.50 per month
At 9% tax that`s $27 saved on the $300
$300 = $10 in RZ pts w/100 pts leftover
$27 - $10 = $17
So $17

What tax rate are you paying?
How much did you spend in 2013 on your "buy a boatload of games"?

Since your tax rate is most likely less than 20% & you've probably exceeded $350 spent on games last yr you might wanna think it out better.
Not sure how much you spend on non gaming at AMZ but chances are when you add it all up elite plus can be reached. Or you`ll get so close that a few visa`s would put you there. Free shipping, 45 day returns reg. rz pts & 25% bonus pts tips the scale in BB`s favor even more.

bread's done
Back