Best Buy Trade-in 4.0 - see new thread (5.0)!

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
At nearly 300 pages it was time for a new thread. You can view the previous thread here!

THIS THREAD OP IS NO LONGER ACTIVELY UPDATED WITH NEW PROMOS.

All Promotions are available in-store only, and they DO NOT stack!

Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers, and it definitely does stack despite what some employees will say.

Please read FAQ below before asking questions!

General video game promotions link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17093&type=page (Promotions are listed at the bottom of the page)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE & VALUE ESTIMATOR

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades may be done in the Gaming Dept or at customer service depending on the store.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

How does the **% bonus TIV work?
The percentage is based on the final total of your entire trade in, so if the trade in is $100 and there is a 50% bonus your final gift card value will be $150.

How does the 10% Gamers Club Unlocked bonus work?
The 10% bonus for Gamers Club Unlocked members is calculated from the base trade in value. So in the above example, a $100 trade would get an extra $10 with the GCU membership bonus. So if there was a 50% trade in bonus it would be $100 base, $10 Gamers Club Unlocked bonus and $50 TIV bonus for a grand total of $160.

How do I become a Gamers Club Unlocked member and get the 10% bonus?
Any video game section employee should be able to set you up with the GCU membership. It cost $15 and comes with a year subscription of @Gamer magazine (which typically has a couple of great coupons every month). It will also get you a 10% bonus on trade ins and 10% off of used games (Make sure to point it out to the blue shirt doing your trade-in though as it is easy for them to skip, and they are still new to it). It can take 48 hours (or more) for GCU to show up on your Reward Zone membership.

I didn't get my 10% bonus or the employee said it doesn't stack, what gives?
As of September 2012 the trade in system at Best Buy was updated, and employees seem to be having a hard time making sure that they add the GCU bonus. It should be added immediately after they scan your games, and before they take your personal information. You also should always try to know your full trade in value with bonuses before going to the store so that if the price is different you can identify it immediately. The 10% bonus definitely does stack with any TIV promo (100%, 50%, it doesn't matter). All the Gamers Club Unlocked pamphlets say so, as does the website, and are a great place to point to if an employee or a manager tells you otherwise.

Do we get Reward Zone points for trade-ins??
Yes. You get one point for every pre-bonus dollar traded in. So if your TIV was $100 before bonuses, you get 100 Reward Zone points. Gamers Club Unlocked members (and possibly standard Gamers Club members) get double points for everything gaming, including trade-ins. So in the same example you would wind up with 200 Reward Zone points. To get Reward Zone points you must have them include your Reward Zone membership information (easiest to look up by phone number) with your trade-in (this is required for the Gamers Club Unlocked bonus anyway).

Can I use my Best Buy gift card to purchase Amazon Kindle Gift Cards or Visa Gift Cards?
Yes, although some employees may not be aware of this and incorrectly refuse to do so. Visa Gift Cards have a $200 limit and a $6 activation fee. Amazon Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 depending on your store selection. Some states, or even localities (county, city, etc.) may not allow the sale of Amazon Gift Cards. Yes, Kindle Gift Cards are good for anything on Amazon.

The value on the site doesn't match the store, why?
Sometimes the page may not update immediately. This is fairly rare though. The store's trade-in values are definitive though, so what they say is what you get. 99.99% of the time they will match up.

The value on the iPhone/Android app is way off, why?
The app often sucks for updating values (and some games simply don't show up), don't rely on it if you don't have to.

The game I want to trade isn't on the site, what gives?
While rare, there have been some games recently not showing up in the online estimator. You can always check in-store to see if the price is in their system and simply not online, but that is unlikely to be the case (as in, it is possible that has never been the case). When Best Buy doesn't have a game on file they can offer $1 as a generic SKU, but that's it. New releases appear to be added on Tuesday evenings. Many new releases are taking upwards of a week or more to be added to the site.

How come the GOTY/complete version doesn't show up in the estimator?
Best Buy doesn't differentiate between the vanilla and GOTY/complete versions of a game 99% of the time. This is largely a cover-all policy due to the fact that many GOTY editions include the game's DLC and bonus content as one-time use codes; meaning that the game has no extra value on the 2nd hand market and honestly, Best Buy probably doesn't trust their employees to make sure all the extra content is included. So no extra TIV for your GOTY games. The plus side is that GOTY and vanilla versions sell at the same price, so if the DLC is located on disc and you find a GOTY version in-store it will be the same price as the vanilla one.

When do trade-in values update?
No one knows for sure, but updates can and do happen at any time. Sometimes an update will happen at an atypical time, such as when GameStop has an advertised sale for a game well below Best Buy's trade in price.

What will be the TIV of Game X tomorrow/next week / next month/ etc
Nobody knows.

If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as the item is received within 14 days of you locking it in (and the item is in the condition you described it as).

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
Officially, Best Buy only accepts 3 copies of a game, per system (i.e. you could trade in 3 copies of a game for Xbox, 3 copies for PS3 and 3 for Wii). This is for sure the online policy, but it varies in stores. Some people have reported being banned for trading in more than 3 copies of games, others have done so frequently without issue. Obviously it is YMMV, but do so at your own risk.

Lately some people have been told the policy is 1 game per system (i.e. you could trade in 1 copy of a game for Xbox, 1 for PS3 and 1 for Wii), and have been actively turned down when trading in more than one copy. Whether this is actually something they are banning for or if it is just what employees are being told to follow to limit multiples is unknown. Trade multiples at your own risk.

Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
Best Buy accepts disc only games (for the same value as complete games). The trade in will take longer though as the employee will have to look up the games individually. Yes, this also applies to DS, 3DS, PSP, etc. If you have the manual and artwork you should trade it in though anyway to improve the quality of the selection for people who may want to buy the game in the future (you can't know if the game will be complete when you buy online for example).

Can I trade in games that say "Not for Resale" on the back?
Yes, since the only thing that matters is the disc. Some employees will fight this though, and in that case, just trade the game in as disc-only. Employees have gotten much better about knowing this policy though, and busier stores are more likely to have employees that have done more trade ins and know the rules.

Does Best Buy accept game hardware?
Currently Best Buy only accepts various versions of the Nintendo DS in store, but some stores apparently accept consoles as well. Call ahead before bringing it in. That said, the TIV for most hardware is lower than competitors.

Does the **% bonuses apply to game hardware?
No, games only.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or even city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live. At a minimum you'll need a government issued ID (passport, drivers license, military ID, etc.).

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
Some stores are required to have receipts to accept trade-ins, again this is due to local Pawn shop laws and could vary from city to city. You can always check if the store(s) near you require a receipt on Best Buy's trade-in site.

Can I trade sealed games?
Yes. You must present your receipt for the sealed games you are trading in. It is ok if the purchase was made from another store. You do run the risk of drawing extra attention to yourself as trading in sealed products is often a sign of theft. Do not be surprised if this is questioned by an employee, or you are asked to leave, open the items and return. You might even be flat out denied by the employee or manager despite the official rule. It is their right to do so.

How does the get **% with pre-order bonus work?
After trading in your games, the employee SHOULD then sell you the pre-order for $5.

How much is a pre-order at Best Buy?
Pre-ordering at Best Buy cost $5, in fact, you aren't supposed to pay any more than that (and most employees won't let you if you ask). Yes, you can use the gift card you just received from your trade-in to purchase the pre-order.

Can I cancel a pre-order and keep the bonus?
Yes, the trade-in and the pre-order are completely separate transactions. Nothing will prevent you from returning to the Best Buy canceling the pre-order and receiving a refund. Some users have claimed that they were flagged for doing this multiple times though and were denied, so be aware of how many pre-orders you are cancelling. Also keep in mind the obvious facts that this is not how the program is intended to work and over abuse will negatively affect the program long-term. Lastly, returns are tracked on a personal level by a third party. (Read: try not to cancel a bunch of pre-orders)

Do I have to cancel the pre-order at the same store where it was made?
No, this can be handled by any BBY. Don't be surprised if you get a customer service employee who says otherwise though.

Can I pre-order once and get the pre-order bonus on my next trade-in as well?
YMMV. Officially, the answer is no, but there is nothing that actually requires the employee to sell the pre-order in order to apply the bonus so if your blue shirt is in a friendly mood they may be willing. Doesn't hurt to get to know the employees at your store. That said, expect that you will have to pre-order another game and be surprised if you don't.

Can I combine a 3 games for **% and a pre-order for **% bonus?
No. Bonuses do not stack, and you must pick one or the other. The only bonus that stacks with other promotions is the 10% you receive if you are a Gamers Club Unlocked member.

Remember, all trades are technically at the discretion of Best Buy and they can refuse to accept a game for whatever reason they want (outside of you being black, woman, Jewish, etc.).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Scorch']Not *all* values are worse..

Amazing Spider-Man was $15 last week. After the 50% bonus, it was $22.50.
Now, it's $12. After the 100%, it's $24.[/QUOTE]

I'm talking "hot titles."

100% is only good for older games.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']So TIV all got nuked so 50% you actually got more. Hope everybody traded in and didn't fall for 100% promo.[/QUOTE]

Actually, you couldn't be more wrong.

I'll give you an example, Skryim: ($20 before, $16 now)
If you traded it in during 50% you would have gotten $30 for it.
Now you will get $32 for it.

I've found that most games will give you slightly more during the 100% promo or at least even out.

Looks like you got a bad deal by trading in early... sorry.

I was thinking about trading in

base values when promo 50% 100%
Saints row 3rd ps3 $17 $ 12
Forza 4 $17 $ 14
Mario kart wii $8 $ 8
Alice madness returns $5 $ 5

with the 50% i would have gotten $70.5 and at 100% i will get $78

So even with the base dropping I would still get more.

But

all these games are also on the Gamestop Powerup reward thing that ends today (21st) I could get $105.5 That includes the extra 10% on base.

So I don't know I may just keep the games I guess i need to decide soon that is if i want to take them to gamestop.

Edit : i do not know why it took my spaces out. It looks funny now :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lochdoun']Actually, you couldn't be more wrong.

I'll give you an example, Skryim: ($20 before, $16 now)
If you traded it in during 50% you would have gotten $30 for it.
Now you will get $32 for it.

I've found that most games will give you slightly more during the 100% promo or at least even out.

Looks like you got a bad deal by trading in early... sorry.[/QUOTE]

No I traded in RE6 for 43.20 and now its 42. My point is hot titles as people thought they were going to get 50 and up like morons.

100% is only good for old games.

$30 trade in for MW3 = bye bye :D

Also got professor Layton from a yard sale for $1 and that's $12 after bonus, Zelda ph too, $10, not bad :D

Bummer about kingdom hearts though, $20 after bonus is meh

[quote name='theking20']$30 trade in for MW3 = bye bye :D

Also got professor Layton from a yard sale for $1 and that's $12 after bonus, Zelda ph too, $10, not bad :D

Bummer about kingdom hearts though, $20 after bonus is meh[/QUOTE]

Hmm, if MOH ends up being as fun as the beta was I'll get rid of my MW3 as well. I can live without COD until BLOPS2 comes anyway if I have MOH. Thanks for the heads up, for got about getting rid of this game.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']No I traded in RE6 for 43.20 and now its 42. My point is hot titles as people thought they were going to get 50 and up like morons.

100% is only good for old games.[/QUOTE]

I did better today then I would have yesterday. MW3 went up and others stayed at the same base value (assassin's creed 2, final fantasy 13, ME3, etc.), which netted me a decent amount more then I would have received.

As far as new games and throwing out the term "morons" to anyone who waited, I respond....really? Where is all the trollingish behavior coming from lately?

[quote name='parkerwilson']I have heard Saturday and Tuesday nights, could be wrong[/QUOTE]

TY. Can we get this put in the OP?

Traded in Kinect mind & body thing, DOA Dimensions, and Mayhem (PS3), 100% bonus is currently in effect. DVD Trade& Save no longer active.

[quote name='paulwekiva']I did better today then I would have yesterday. MW3 went up and others stayed at the same base value (assassin's creed 2, final fantasy 13, ME3, etc.), which netted me a decent amount more then I would have received.

As far as new games and throwing out the term "morons" to anyone who waited, I respond....really? Where is all the trollingish behavior coming from lately?[/QUOTE]

Did you not read where I said 100% is better for older games?

Troll no guys thought 27 would hold and end up getting close to MSRP for a game. Another guy saw RE6 ad for $40 in store credit and thought he would get $80. What else would you call them besides morons?

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Has anyone traded in Batman Arkham Asylum GoTY for the 360? Their website lists the standard for $5 and PS3's GoTY for $5 but nothing for the 360's.[/QUOTE]

GOTY is same as vanilla.

Seems I have about $180 worth of games (before bonuses) that I've finished or have dupes on steam. Debating weather I want to go in tonight or tomorrow morn and if I should add a bunch of games from my backlog that I'll probably never get around to playing.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Did you not read where I said 100% is better for older games?

Troll no guys thought 27 would hold and end up getting close to MSRP for a game. Another guy saw RE6 ad for $40 in store credit and thought he would get $80. What else would you call them besides morons?[/QUOTE]
If people think TiV's won't plummet that's a gamble they are willing to take, most people that have been around here for awhile now know that TiV's are usually modified during the 100% to adjust to a slightly lower price than you would have gotten before with the 50%.

I lost $3.60 for three newer titles that I currently have, boohoo. Let people decide what's best for them. Even when newer TiV's plummet it's usually not so bad, if you commute past a BB then more power to ya. I always prefer going during 100% since I can then take all my games in one round after beating them instead of going in and out after I beat just 1 game.

[quote name='eXiON']If people think TiV's won't plummet that's a gamble they are willing to take, most people that have been around here for awhile now know that TiV's are usually modified during the 100% to adjust to a slightly lower price than you would have gotten before with the 50%.

I took the gamble, and am happy I did. I lost $3.60 for three newer titles that I currently have, boohoo. Let people decide what's best for them. I always prefer going during 100% since I can then take all my games in one round after beating them instead of going in and out after I beat just 1 game.[/QUOTE]

Talking two different situations. If you want to take gamble that's your decision, but thinking you will get over $50 come on now. 50% promo works also with higher base so get more reward zone points.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Talking two different situations. If you want to take gamble that's your decision, but thinking you will get over $50 come on now. 50% promo works also with higher base so get more reward zone points.[/QUOTE]
So someone seriously thought they'd get $80 for their game? Dude, I don't even see why you'd try to explain it to them.

[quote name='eXiON']So someone seriously thought they'd get $80 for their game? Dude, I don't even see why you'd try to explain it to them.[/QUOTE]

Sticky thread at top with 100% some guy saw $40 in store credit for RE6 so thought he would get $80.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Sticky thread at top with 100% some guy saw $40 in store credit for RE6 so thought he would get $80.[/QUOTE]
That reminds me of a guy on that thought he could buy 2 cheaper games $39.99 games and get a $59.99 game for free for the B2G1 sale that BB is having.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Sticky thread at top with 100% some guy saw $40 in store credit for RE6 so thought he would get $80.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='eXiON']That reminds me of a guy on that thought he could buy 2 cheaper games $39.99 games and get a $59.99 game for free for the B2G1 sale that BB is having.[/QUOTE]

sadly, that actually happens a lot around here.

[quote name='J7.']TY. Can we get this put in the OP?[/QUOTE]

No. The OP will remain as it is in regards to when TIV's update because it is mostly hearsay and conjecture. There are times that it is more common, but a TIV can update at any time. If I put "Tuesdays" in the OP because it has updated on Tuesdays a fair amount (or people have noticed some updates on Tuesday), there will be nothing but bitching from the person who has a game sink in TIV on a Wednesday. When it comes to game trade-ins the rule is simple; never assume a TIV will hold until tomorrow.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']So TIV all got nuked so 50% you actually got more. Hope everybody traded in and didn't fall for 100% promo.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Highest TIV for 100% is $20 so 42 while now you can get 43.20.

People get fooled by 100% promo. Might even see lower drop in TIV with B2G1.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='PhilsUtley26']I'm talking "hot titles."

100% is only good for older games.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Did you not read where I said 100% is better for older games?

Troll no guys thought 27 would hold and end up getting close to MSRP for a game. Another guy saw RE6 ad for $40 in store credit and thought he would get $80. What else would you call them besides morons?[/QUOTE]

No troll? Half the post on the last two pages are you talking about how bad the 100% promo is and how much people who thought they would get more are morons (though I admit, the guy who thought he'd get $80 for RE6 is a moron).

As you have pointed out, the promo is good for older games. It's great actually. Last time around, I traded Apache Air Assault for $16.80 as opposed to $12.80 with the 60% bump (50% plus 10%). That was more or less true of every game I traded. Most of the newer games remained about the same or in a few cases, went up a buck or two. A few dropped a couple of bucks too, but that happens week to week anyway.

Seriously, you can trade a lot of titles for $40 right now, which is pretty damn good. Like buying the game for $20 really. Plus, if you bought it at BB, you are likely able to get some of the original money spent back in price adjustments.

My point is that idiots will think the 100% is better no matter what, in many cases it actually is better, and there really just isn't a need to comment over and over again about how bad it is. Either someone will disagree with you because they are getting more out of it, or someone will disagree cause they are getting less but are too stupid to figure it out. Either way, they aren't listening to what you have to say on the subject.

[quote name='eXiON']That reminds me of a guy that thought he could buy 2 cheaper $39.99 games and get a $59.99 game for free from the B2G1 sale that BB is having.[/QUOTE]Gee, I'm not even drunk and this is what happens when you write on the go and don't proofread the crap you post. I couldn't understand what I even wrote until I read it for the third time lol. So there, fixed.

[quote name='confoosious']
sadly, that actually happens a lot around here.[/QUOTE]
Just baffles me how some people think they could do that, but at least it doesn't fall under fraud like those that think its cool to buy the games and hope that the third game rings up at $0.00 so they can do a return.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']
My point is that idiots will think the 100% is better no matter what, in many cases it actually is better, and there really just isn't a need to comment over and over again about how bad it is.[/QUOTE]

+1

wasn't there a point in time last year at best buy where you were able to get the most expensive game free for a b2g1 if they rang it up last?

I've got a bit of a moral conundrum that I hope one of you guys can help solve:

I traded in a bunch of games yesterday (Sunday), one of which was Ridge Racer: Unbounded :)ps3:). Now, when the employee said I'd be getting a $155.40 gift card for my trades, I was a bit surprised that it was so high (I had expected $120-$130). I asked for a copy of the trade-in transaction so I could record the trades for my own reference and left satisfied.

It wasn't until a few minutes after leaving that I looked at the transaction details and noticed that Ridge Racer: Unbounded had, for whatever reason, been scanned twice, and as a result I had gotten $21 more than estimated ($10 base + $10 from 100% bonus + $1 from 10% GCU bonus). I immediately thought of two bad things that could happen as a result of this: (1) there is now a record of two copies of RR:U being accepted when only one was and as such the stock is incorrect which might or might not result in the employee being unfairly penalized; (2) someone in Best Buy Corporate might notice the two copies of the same game traded in, get suspicious, and subsequently ban me from future trade-ins.

I'm less worried about the second factor since I don't make a habit of trading in more than one copy of a game, and since RR:U is a multiplayer racing game, one could argue that a friend provided his/her copy to trade in alongside one's own copy. I'm more concerned about the fact that this will cause an error in the store's inventory and possibly affect the employee who processed the trade-in.

My question(s) is (are) this: I wasn't able to stop by that store again the same day, but should I stop by today (Monday) and explain the situation in the hopes of the inventory being corrected? Should I expect to relinquish the $155.40 GC and get the proper $134.40 GC? Is this worth the effort?

I don't want to celebrate getting an extra $21 I didn't deserve, but I'm not sure of my best course of action, so I'm coming to you CAGs for advice. Thanks in advance. :)

[quote name='Vigilante']
I don't want to celebrate getting an extra $21 I didn't deserve, but I'm not sure of my best course of action, so I'm coming to you CAGs for advice. Thanks in advance. :)[/QUOTE]
Personally, I'd return and get it fixed. Straight up however, I'll be honest, if it was some shitty store where everyone doesn't give a damn and it's a place where I don't visit much (like Gamestop for me) the moral aspect of this wouldn't bother me too much.

Anyways, I'd do it if you frequent your BB a lot, I mean it's not like they won't know who was the lucky guy that got that extra $21 ;). Plus like you mentioned, once someone goes over the trade and checks that they are missing a Ridge Racer, the blue shirt that took in your trade in is going to get a good bitchin'. Hell, it might even win you a favor in the future; I know I've become good friends with some of the people over at my local BB. Easier for me to go in there and get a PM without much hassle. Plus the guys at my BB are actually pretty damn competent and know how to add the 10% without me asking them to. So I gotta give them credit whenever I can, lol.

[quote name='Vigilante']I've got a bit of a moral conundrum that I hope one of you guys can help solve:

I traded in a bunch of games yesterday (Sunday), one of which was Ridge Racer: Unbounded :)ps3:). Now, when the employee said I'd be getting a $155.40 gift card for my trades, I was a bit surprised that it was so high (I had expected $120-$130). I asked for a copy of the trade-in transaction so I could record the trades for my own reference and left satisfied.

It wasn't until a few minutes after leaving that I looked at the transaction details and noticed that Ridge Racer: Unbounded had, for whatever reason, been scanned twice, and as a result I had gotten $21 more than estimated ($10 base + $10 from 100% bonus + $1 from 10% GCU bonus). I immediately thought of two bad things that could happen as a result of this: (1) there is now a record of two copies of RR:U being accepted when only one was and as such the stock is incorrect which might or might not result in the employee being unfairly penalized; (2) someone in Best Buy Corporate might notice the two copies of the same game traded in, get suspicious, and subsequently ban me from future trade-ins.

I'm less worried about the second factor since I don't make a habit of trading in more than one copy of a game, and since RR:U is a multiplayer racing game, one could argue that a friend provided his/her copy to trade in alongside one's own copy. I'm more concerned about the fact that this will cause an error in the store's inventory and possibly affect the employee who processed the trade-in.

My question(s) is (are) this: I wasn't able to stop by that store again the same day, but should I stop by today (Monday) and explain the situation in the hopes of the inventory being corrected? Should I expect to relinquish the $155.40 GC and get the proper $134.40 GC? Is this worth the effort?

I don't want to celebrate getting an extra $21 I didn't deserve, but I'm not sure of my best course of action, so I'm coming to you CAGs for advice. Thanks in advance. :)[/QUOTE]
Same thing kinda happen today. The guy scanned my gears of war 3 and gave me double. He seemed kinda new and was having a hard time. I asked him to read me the game and trade in values of what I had traded in. When he said gears 3 2 times I told him. He said oh we'll you can have an extra $12 and didn't take it off. So I was like oh well ur getting in trouble anyways.

I traded in a copy for mayhem for ps3 that I got from KMart and a bunch of ps2 games. Im gonna trade in the rest of the ps2 games that I got for free during the week. Stocking up for black Friday !

[quote name='Vigilante']I've got a bit of a moral conundrum that I hope one of you guys can help solve:

This happened to me once but it was only with a $8 game iirc haha. They ended up just letting me keep the credit and made note of it in this notebook they had because apparently its just easier to let it go rather than doing a post-void or something. I'd still go back and tell them just for good karma? (if you believe in that stuff haha)

[quote name='sninh']wasn't there a point in time last year at best buy where you were able to get the most expensive game free for a b2g1 if they rang it up last?[/QUOTE]

Think it was Best Buy. There was also Target where their system rang the promo up as Buy 1 Get 1 Free.

[quote name='perdition(troy']looks at OP, looks at the date it goes till, looks at link for trade in estimates...scratches head.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't going to say anything. Apparently the BB Trade in site must be down as well. :D

[quote name='perdition(troy']looks at OP, looks at the date it goes till, looks at link for trade in estimates...scratches head.[/QUOTE]

thanks. wasnt sure

All is well and I am reminded that I have a freaking awesome Best Buy:

I stopped by my local store with the $155.40 GC and transaction details from yesterday's trade-in, found one of my favorite employees (who didn't do the trade-in yesterday but knew I had been there with a bunch of games), and explained the situation to him. He said he'd talk to the people "in back" and say there's only one copy of Ridge Racer: Unbounded, not two. I then asked, "Should I give you back the gift card?" and he just said "Nah, it's fine."

His response and demeanor was so awesome that I was compelled to preorder ACIII :)ps3:) and Far Cry 3 :)360:) then and there, and he rang the preorders up (thankfully they're for the proper consoles this time :razz:). As I was leaving, he said "See you in a couple weeks, man" (I think he forgot ACIII comes out in just one week, but it was still cool).

...OK, I was going to preorder those anyway, but still! :lol:

[quote name='perdition(troy']It was best buy. Buy a 4.99 game, scan a 59.99 game, scan the 4.99 game and get the 59.99 game free.[/QUOTE]
Wonder if its still work. Anyone tried this yet?

Picked a mw3 copy from a dude on craiglists for 10 bucks and a beat up sony walkman mp3 player. Now I got 2 mw3 copies waiting to be traded in, maybe saturday. Got both of these mw3 copies for around 35 dollars, flipping them for 60 dollars soon :D.

[quote name='Vigilante']All is well and I am reminded that I have a freaking awesome Best Buy:

I stopped by my local store with the $155.40 GC and transaction details from yesterday's trade-in, found one of my favorite employees (who didn't do the trade-in yesterday but knew I had been there with a bunch of games), and explained the situation to him. He said he'd talk to the people "in back" and say there's only one copy of Ridge Racer: Unbounded, not two. I then asked, "Should I give you back the gift card?" and he just said "Nah, it's fine."

His response and demeanor was so awesome that I was compelled to preorder ACIII :)ps3:) and Far Cry 3 :)360:) then and there, and he rang the preorders up (thankfully they're for the proper consoles this time :razz:). As I was leaving, he said "See you in a couple weeks, man" (I think he forgot ACIII comes out in just one week, but it was still cool).

...OK, I was going to preorder those anyway, but still! :lol:[/QUOTE]Awesome, grats on that! Now you came out looking like a more honest individual too. This is what I mean though, attitude really does mean a whole lot. Even if BB's deals weren't so hot, from this year (and last years deals alone) BB has become my one stop place to buy/pre-order my shiiz.

Wonder if that guy who took your trade-in is going to get the axe though?

I was in sam's club & they had FIFA 13(PS3) stickered for $22.XX traded it for $43.XX when the base was $27 & 50% was live. Wasn't sure if I should have waited for the 100% glad I didn't since the base is now $20. Looked at my receipt & the employees @ sam's club suck they charged me for a 10 pack of contact lens. All the games had taped coded sku's on the front with the same $22.XX price. Don't know how they screwed that up.
Hope BB keeps the 100% till Dec. like the app stated previously.

I can't find the thread, but does anyone know where the thread is that details the best way to move GS credit to BB? I'm trading in Dishonored in order to get AC3, but thinking about moving some of my GS credit to BB to maybe do the B2G1 for some 3DS games.

[quote name='eXiON']Awesome, grats on that! Now you came out looking like a more honest individual too. This is what I mean though, attitude really does mean a whole lot. Even if BB's deals weren't so hot, from this year (and last years deals alone) BB has become my one stop place to buy/pre-order my shiiz.

Wonder if that guy who took your trade-in is going to get the axe though?[/QUOTE]I also expressed my concern for the employee who took my trade-in (who happened to be talking with another customer about 15-20 feet away) to the one with whom I spoke, and he basically said "Don't worry about it".

It's a pretty cool Best Buy all around, so unless this is a frequent thing, I don't think they'll fire that guy over it, especially since the one employee said he'd ensure the correctness of the stock.

bread's done
Back