Best Buy Trade-in Thread 2.0: Please see new thread.

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
At 276 pages and countless request for a new OP, it was time to retire the first Best Buy Trade-in Thread and start fresh. Thanks bh47 for your work in the previous thread (and providing the framework for this one)!

All Promotions are available in-store only, and they DO NOT stack!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.
Please read FAQ below before asking questions!

Current Promos:
- 50% Bonus when you trade in ANY game.
Get a 50% trade in bonus when you trade in ANY game. Offer valid 01/01/12 - 01/07/12

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...VideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)\

Upcoming/Rumored Promotions:
All promos that have yet to appear on Best Buy's site (or in an upcoming ad) are listed here:
None at the moment

Previous Promotions:
Promos that have expired:
- 50% Bonus with specific Pre-order from list.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game from the following list: Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto 5, MLB 12 The Show, Soul Calibur V, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Twisted Metal, Max Payne 3, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and Diablo 3. Offer valid 12/25/11 - 12/31/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.
Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11
- 40% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/10/11

- 50% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/03/11

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 10/5/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 40% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 50% Bonus with Modern Warfare 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/Purchase Modern Warfare 3. Offer valid 10/10/11 - 11/12/11 (Assuming this means a bonus for purchasing the game after it is released this Tuesday)

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 40% Bonus with The Elder Scrolls V: Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Max Payne 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Max Payne 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11 - This promo seems a little odd and there is a chance it is an error on the site since the game is so far from release.

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Skyrim Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Uncharted 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Uncharted 3. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you purchase Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.

Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/22/11

- 40% Bonus with purchase of Batman: Arkham City.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/16/11 - 10/22/11

- 50% Bonus with Batman: Arkham City Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/15/11

- 30% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get a 30% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Rage or NBA 2K12. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11

- Trade 4 get an extra $20 Trade-in Credit.
Get $20 trade-in Credit when you trade 4 or more games (Current gen games only (no PS2) and $5 minimum for each game). Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11 **** This promo was cancelled early due to technical issues. There have been issues with this promo not working on some stores' systems or simply not even being available, the issue seems to be related to disc-only games (or any game that is typed rather than scanned) so plan accordingly. The $20 extra is once per trade-in, meaning 4 games or 123 games it will only be $20 extra per transaction. So if you want to trade in 8 games, do it in two separate transactions. ****

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer was valid from 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expired 10/01/2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

How does the get **% with pre-order bonus work?
The percentage is based on the final total of your entire trade in, so if the trade in is $100 and there is a 50% bonus your final gift card value will be $150. After trading in your games, the employee SHOULD then sell you the pre-order for $5.

How much is a pre-order at Best Buy?
Pre-ordering at Best Buy cost $5, in fact, you aren't supposed to pay any more than that (and most employees won't let you if you ask). Yes, you can use the gift card you just received from your trade-in to purchase the pre-order.

Can I cancel a pre-order and keep the bonus?
Yes, the trade-in and the pre-order are completely separate transactions. Nothing will prevent you from returning to the Best Buy canceling the pre-order and receiving a refund. Some users have claimed that they were flagged for doing this multiple times though and were denied, so be aware of how many pre-orders you are cancelling. Also keep in mind the obvious facts that this is not how the program is intended to work and over abuse will negatively affect the program long-term. Lastly, returns are tracks on a personal level by a third party. (Read: try not to cancel a bunch of pre-orders)

Do I have to cancel the pre-order at the same store where it was made?
No, this can be handled by any BBY. Don't be surprised if you get a customer service employee who says otherwise though.

Can I pre-order once and get the pre-order bonus on my next trade-in as well?
YMMV. Officially, the answer is no, but there is nothing that actually requires the employee to sell the pre-order in order to apply the bonus so if your blue shirt is in a friendly mood they may be willing. Doesn't hurt to get to know the employees at your store. That said, expect that you will have to pre-order another game and be surprised if you don't.

Can I combine a 3 games for **% and a pre-order for **% bonus?
No. Bonuses do not stack, and you must pick one or the other. The only bonus that stacks with other promotions is the 10% you receive if you are a Gamers Club Unlocked member.

How do I become a Gamers Club Unlocked member and get the 10% bonus?
Any video game section employee should be able to set you up with the GCU membership. It cost $15 and comes with a year subscription of @Gamer magazine. It will also get you a 10% bonus on trade ins and 10% off of used games (Make sure to point it out to the blue shirt doing your trade-in though as it is easy for them to skip, and they are still new to it). It can take 48 hours (or more) for GCU to show up on your Reward Zone membership.

Can I use my Best Buy gift card to purchase Amazon Kindle Gift Cards or Visa Gift Cards?
Yes, although some employees may not be aware of this and incorrectly refuse to do so. Visa Gift Cards have a $200 limit and a $6 activation fee. Amazon Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 depending on your store selection. IL does not sell Amazon Gift Cards. Yes, Kindle Gift Cards are good for anything on Amazon.

The value on the site doesn't match the store, why?
Sometimes the page may not update immediately. This is fairly rare though. The store's trade-in values are definitive though, so what they say is what you get. 99.99% of the time they will match up.

The value on the iPhone app is way off, why?
The app sucks for updating values (and some games simply don't show up), don't rely on it.

The game I want to trade isn't on the site, what gives?
While rare, there have been some games recently not showing up in the online estimator. You can always check in-store to see if the price is in their system and simply not online, but that is unlikely to be the case. When Best Buy doesn't have a game on file they can offer $1 as a generic SKU, but that's it. New releases appear to be added on Tuesday evenings. Many new releases are taking upwards of a week or more to be added to the site.

When do trade-in values update?
No one knows for sure, but major updates seem to come on Sunday and Tuesday nights (or at least have in the past). Sometimes an update will happen randomly, such as when GameStop has an advertised sale for a game well below Best Buy's trade in price.

What will be the TIV of Game X tomorrow/next week / next month/ etc
Nobody knows.

If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as the item is received within 14 days of you locking it in (and the item is in the condition you described it as).

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
Officially, Best Buy only accepts 3 copies of a game, per system (i.e. you could trade in 3 copies of a game for Xbox, 3 copies for PS3 and 3 for Wii). This is for sure the online policy, but it varies in stores. Some people have reported being banned for trading in more than 3 copies of games, others have done so frequently without issue. Obviously it is YMMV, but do so at your own risk.

Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
Best Buy accepts disc only games (for the same value as complete games). The trade in will take longer though as the employee will have to look up the games individually.

Can I trade in games that say "Not for Resale" on the back?
Yes, since the only thing that matters is the disc. Some employees will fight this though, and in that case, just trade the game in as disc-only.

Does Best Buy accept game hardware?
Currently Best Buy only accepts various versions of the Nintendo DS in store, but word is that will change soon.

Does the **% bonuses apply to game hardware?
No, games only.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live. At a minimum you'll likely need a state ID.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
Some stores are required to have receipts to accept trade-ins, again this is due to local Pawn shop laws and could vary from city to city. You can always check if the store(s) near you require a receipt on Best Buy's trade-in site.

Can I trade sealed games?
Yes. You must present your receipt for the sealed games you are trading in. It is ok if the purchase was made from another store. You do run the risk of drawing extra attention to yourself as trading in sealed products is often a sign of theft. Do not be surprised if this is questioned by an employee, or you are asked to leave, open the items and return.

Last edited by a moderator:
When i did my 4 games get $20, my first batch of 4 didn't work for some odd reason. The $20 bonus didn't show up. So they agreed to do a gift card adjustment afterward. The 2nd batch of 4 worked just fine. This was about 3 hours ago.

[quote name='Phoeniix']BB canceled the promotion early, an employee showed me the notice. It said due to a glitch that was letting people trade in games that didn't quailfy and still get the promotion. (Said something about $2 and under games were supposed to be excluded). I tried two different stores where the promo was working fine previously.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='allen9917']like how early? traded in with the promotion around 5pm ET without any problems. hard to believe they'll completely cancel something printed in their weekly flyer, but I guess one never know....[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Finishoff']Can anyone confirm that the trade bonus is dead? About to go in and get some gift certificate.[/QUOTE]

if you click on the "Show Promotions available in store only" link near the top of the BestBuy.com Trade in Center page, (http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm#) the "Trade 4 for Bonus $20 credit" has been deleted. So this should confirm that Best Buy did indeed cancel the promotion.

They did add the Trade in any game towards a pre-order and get 40% again, as we mentioned above. This was probably done to replace the Trade 4 games for extra 20 deal.

IGUsDGBIKUSEhngorehngo;rdgordgrg

Should've gone straight to BB earlier today after GS. Now I have a stack of games that aren't worth it anymore. :(:(:(

funny thing was, I was going to wait til I finish w/ work at 7pm before going in and trade. So glad i stopped in first thing in the morning.
But I think you should still try. 1. Rep/manager might not be up to date of it being cancel. 2. They'll be cool and honor it for the rest of the day.

[quote name='DCpinoy']Couldn't you just return them?[/QUOTE]

I suppose I could. I already peeled all the stickers off and stuff, but eh, I'd rather not take the hit. Looks like I'm headed back tomorrow.

[quote name='confoosious']thank you sir. I'm just gonna post all the flips I come across. fuck these secretive flippers acting like it's a state secret.[/QUOTE]
It's not that some flippers want to keep the flips a secret to not let anyone else make money/credit. It's that once the whole community finds out about them, then there's that much more likelihood of EVERYONE doing them and the flip not lasting long enough to fully take advantage of.

Because even though people swear up and down that most managers can't see what people are trading in, you better believe that corporate will most likely freak out when they see tons of the same games being traded in en masse to their program and adjust the values accordingly.
[quote name='deadlykeyboard']If you can get the $10 off coupon to work for Ico/Shadow of the Colossus you can get it for $15. According to the website you could then turn around and trade back to them for $20.

The same with GoW:OC. You could buy it for $15 and trade it in for $21. I just thought it was interesting...

http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm?platform=PS3&upc=711719825920

http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm?platform=PS3&upc=711719828921 [/QUOTE]
Or ya know you could send em to Amazon for $24.30 each.;)

Not working in Lynchburg, VA as of 15 min ago. I just did the 50%(40%+10%) promo on the cheapies. Still made some money but not like I would have.

promo was over by the time i got there tonight. Also, found out that the guy rang up my pre-orders wrong so I didn't get credit for any of them on my account. double lame.

[quote name='Luuc']I suppose I could. I already peeled all the stickers off and stuff, but eh, I'd rather not take the hit. Looks like I'm headed back tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Haha yeah, sorry bro didn't mean it in a harsh way or anything.

[quote name='Phoeniix']BB canceled the promotion early, an employee showed me the notice. It said due to a glitch that was letting people trade in games that didn't quailfy and still get the promotion. (Said something about $2 and under games were supposed to be excluded). I tried two different stores where the promo was working fine previously.[/QUOTE]

I just used the promotion two hours ago. Anyone else able to confirm this story?

Now that BB has gone to 4-day ads, the Sunday ad likely won't be any help in getting a manager override for an extra $20 GC over the next three days. I was just looking at the ad, and it doesn't say valid until 10/8. The only confirmation of the 10/8 expiry was the Best Buy Trade-in site, and now it's been removed from the in-store promotions list. We'll find out in a few hours when the new Thurs-Sat ad goes up on the BB site if the promo is still in there and could possibly used to convince a manager to manually issue the bonus.

[quote name='Toss']Lame but funny! BB corporate was probably shitting their pants at all the garbage that was coming in![/QUOTE]

Bringing back the 40% with any pre-order is sort of a consolation prize I guess.

[quote name='klimb22']Bringing back the 40% with any pre-order is sort of a consolation prize I guess.[/QUOTE]

Yeah agreed. Best Buy makes me laugh, what poor execution. How is it possible that such a large company that sells technology stuff screws up so many gaming related things...trading/scanning hardware and software unreliable, coupons screwy, 5/$100 promo not working for some, pre order codes not being sent, rz points screwed up. They must be spending a lot of money on customer service right now.

[quote name='Toss']Lame but funny! BB corporate was probably shitting their pants at all the garbage that was coming in![/QUOTE]

I flipped one of these just because the title, cover, and everything about it was so fully and completely awful.

Calvin-Tuckers-Redneck-Racing.jpeg

[quote name='musicjunkie']All the promos show up the same page.[/QUOTE]

They showed up online but they couldn't find it in their system. Nobody knew how to make it add the extra 25%. I went to another BB and at first they said it was probably online only but I showed them the webpage, where it states in-store only. The girl asked if I wanted to get 2K12, so I told her I already bought it yesterday (she assumed from BB), so the Mgr. allowed me to get the extra 30%. Seems it was easier to do it that way than manually put 25%.

Edit: This was at 3 est.

[quote name='brianace']The extra $20 still shows in the middle of the page here:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-G...es/pcmcat232900050010.c?id=pcmcat232900050010
I'd think you could raise grief with a manager if you wanted to.[/QUOTE]

People like you make me sick. It's one thing to be genuinely surprised by a mistake that they made and raise hell because it inconvenienced you. But it's another to go in knowing that the promo is over and just try to take advantage of them because they didn't update one of their pages. You knew already. STFU.

(And please nobody give me the tired ass "what? This is CHEAP ASS GAMER amirite?" line that all the morons love to go to.)

[quote name='jer7583']I flipped one of these just because the title, cover, and everything about it was so fully and completely awful.

Calvin-Tuckers-Redneck-Racing.jpeg
[/QUOTE]
:lol:
[quote name='confoosious'](And please nobody give me the tired ass "what? This is CHEAP ASS GAMER amirite?" line that all the morons love to go to.)[/QUOTE]
Far too many people fall back on that line on here anymore imo. It's funny. That's the response I've received most often if someone didn't like the prices listed on my trade list.

Speaking of which, I gotta change that cuz I said I'd take Paypal on it apparently. Only way I would take it though is if it's gifted and that's a no no on here.:whistle2:#

[quote name='confoosious']People like you make me sick. It's one thing to be genuinely surprised by a mistake that they made and raise hell because it inconvenienced you. But it's another to go in knowing that the promo is over and just try to take advantage of them because they didn't update one of their pages. You knew already. STFU.

(And please nobody give me the tired ass "what? This is CHEAP ASS GAMER amirite?" line that all the morons love to go to.)[/QUOTE]

I would certainly go into the store and raise a bit of hell that it was suddenly cancelled without any real notice (realistically, how much grief would they save if they acknowledge that the promo was cancelled due to technical issues on the site?), in fact, if I weren't a CAG on this thread right now, I wouldn't know that it was cancelled and would still be assuming it was going based on their sale ad (which 90% of people base all of their shopping knowledge on).

I get what you're saying, but Best Buy still fucked up and I think canceling it was probably the worst way they could of handled it.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I would certainly go into the store and raise a bit of hell that it was suddenly cancelled without any real notice (realistically, how much grief would they save if they acknowledge that the promo was cancelled due to technical issues on the site?), in fact, if I weren't a CAG on this thread right now, I wouldn't know that it was cancelled and would still be assuming it was going based on their sale ad (which 90% of people base all of their shopping knowledge on).

I get what you're saying, but Best Buy still fucked up and I think canceling it was probably the worst way they could of handled it.[/QUOTE]

i traded in 4 games yesterday evening at my local BB and the $20 bonus was not coming up. The employee there knows I frequently trade games in so he manually made up the difference (it only gave me 30% + 10% unlocked) when i purchased ico/soc. Sorry to those who didnt get in... that sure didnt last long!

The promo wouldn't show up at my BB, but the manager manually gave me a $20 gift card. And since the one promo wasn't applied the trade in girl gave me the 25% bonus also. Good thing too cause I don't know what I would've done with 3 copies of Chuckie Cheese: Party Games lol.

Tried to do the promo today with 3 ds games and 1 wii, it wouldn't show the 4 get extra $20 promo. Good thing the manager always sees me trading in games and gave me the $20 gc. Told me though he won't honor it again -_-. I waited a bit though and did see the memo on the screen saying that the trade 4 get extra $20 promo is ending today since the sunday ad was only 4 days. They also corrected the bonus for preordering any game to 40%.

[quote name='confoosious']
(And please nobody give me the tired ass "what? This is CHEAP ASS GAMER amirite?" line that all the morons love to go to.)[/QUOTE]
Agree, it's cheap ass gamer, not cheap ass hole.com

eh. i did ok. but the freaking 4/20 promo wasn't working again. she even said corporate had sent out a memo. they gave me 40% instead, but that really didn't help with my 'test kitchen' 'the bigs' 'quantum theory', but it was better off for my icollosus, crysis 2 and transformers, only really was out $10. ugh. oh wells.
they over rode the system so i was also able to buy another icollosus for 16, which was nice, cuz i then just traded it in for 30. it was a fun day.../

ok just read last few pages.... that makes sense now. ugh... glad they gave me free % without preorder anyway...sux promo killed early/lame move bestbuy

Spent a good amount of time at BB today. Went in with 18 games, had to get permission from supervisor to do separate transactions, not a big deal that went smooth. However when I tried to get my Gamers Club Unlocked to work I had major issues. First it turns out I have 3 different accounts, so I needed to find out which one was the right one. After that apparently since I bought my membership yesterday it wasn't working in the system yet. An hour later I got all my trades with no extra 10% credit. However the store manager is going to give me $15 off my next purchase which is more than the %10 I would have gotten. Ended up with just under $200, good day for a game purge on games that would have never got played.

Nothing in next week's ad about the Batman/BF3 50% trade-in bonus but the pre-order for both of them is advertised. Also looks like Ubisoft bought out 1/2 the gaming page for Just Dance 3 so I have a feeling they ran out of room. Just Dance 2 sold over 5 million in the US in a year so they are probably banking on this one selling big so.

Worst case if the promo got canned (which I doubt it did since promos seem to come up even though they are not in the ad) you still have the 40% bump for any pre-order.

4 for $20 is dead, I just came back from Bestbuy And the Gaming manager had to cash out the Extra $20 at the customer service.

He told me today was the last day, and that they ended the promotion early.

D'oh! I wish I had read this thread before stopping at GS on the way home and buying more games to trade in tomorrow!

Still, I did 2 trades earlier AND of course it didn't work. But since it didn't work for me on Sunday either I just figured it had never been fixed around here.

Like someone else said, without CAG, I would have no idea it ended early. They did not tell me that when I got my $20 gift cards at customer service (or when I was doing my trade-ins). I guess I can return the GS games though - first time ever I'll make use of their 7 day used game return policy ;).

On the plus side, I was able to get them to price match Target's $10 gift card offer when picking up Rage, which convinced me to pick the preorder up instead of canceling it.

Man, I had some Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs ready to go too. Boo on Best Buy. lol

I'll just preorder something for the 40%. Main thing was getting in on the transformers last week, but I may do some more with the 40+10%.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Does the gamer's club unlocked 10% trade-in bonus work online? I'm tired of going to the store.[/QUOTE]

Their "Unlocked" crap is all messed up right now. I didn't get my 10% for my trade ins and my account online stills says I have the free Gamer's Club account.

I went back to BB twice trying to get a credit, gift card, refund, anything and they refused me both times. 2 different managers both said they couldn't do anything about it and told me to call corporate to see if I could get a refund. Corporate makes you wait at least half an hour and will transfer you at least 3 times. After the 3rd transfer, I just gave up. Worst $15 I ever spent at BB.

Lesson of the story: Don't waste $15 and get scammed by BB and their buggy "Unlocked" Gamer's Club bullsh*t right now. It's just not worth it. Oh, and the coupons in the magazine suck so far.

Received GCs to cover the $20 per 4 tonight.
Dealtree is handling the internal trading software for Best Buy. :roll:
Hence BBuy has made a grave error putting this program's success/failure in the hands of Dealtree...
Time will tell...

Two trade ins took another ridiculous amount of time to complete but in the end the manager's honored the Sunday ad trade promotion...
Did not realize the ad states only through the 5th Vs Sat...I almost went home after the first bumpy trade to take another try tomorrow, thank goodness I just decided to tough it out.
On the second trade I received an extra 30% as the manager put each $20 on a gift card...

[quote name='donut']Received GCs to cover the $20 per 4 tonight.
Dealtree is handling the internal trading software for Best Buy. :roll:
Hence BBuy has made a grave error putting this program's success/failure in the hands of Dealtree...
Time will tell...

Two trade ins took another ridiculous amount of time to complete but in the end the manager's honored the Sunday ad trade promotion...
Did not realize the ad states only through the 5th Vs Sat...I almost went home after the first bumpy trade to take another try tomorrow, thank goodness I just decided to tough it out.
On the second trade I received an extra 30% as the manager put each $20 on a gift card...[/QUOTE]

Best buy owns dealtree

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Best buy owns dealtree[/QUOTE]

lol Ooops. my bad , I'm stooopid ....

Now I understand why someone suggested BB hire a sharp middle management person from GS ...

Can anyone screenshot how their Unlocked Gamer Club looks in the myrz.com? I want to know if I have it too. I got the situation where best buy has 2 accounts for me for some weird reason.

UGH...

Best Buy's system is soooooo slow.

Hit up a Gamestop, and they only had a single Dark of the Moon DS. I grabbed it along with a Test Kitchen and a Two Worlds II (to add some variety). Hit a Blockbuster, they had been purged in the last few days, so I left with nothing. Hit another Gamestop, and went to grab three boxes for some new Dark of the Moon DS games. I get to the counter, and the lady says they only have two. I ask "really?" And she says yes. I'd feel like a jerk emptying the store, so I only grabbed one and left another for someone who might really want it.

Anyway, then check my phone and see that the 4/$20 deal is dead early. :whistle2:/

I go through my stash in my car, and end up deciding to trade/flip:

Two Worlds II $18 -> $15 base
Test Kitchen $5 -> 5 base
Transformers DotM Autobots $10 -> $14 base
Transformers DotM Decepticons $10 - $14 base
Forza 3 (my own copy) -> $7 base

Total = $55 base + $22 promotion + $5.50 unlocked = $82.50

So, it ended up being a $47 + an old game -> $82.50 flip. Kinda disappointed, but I suppose that's not too horrible. Free money is free money, but this took about two hours once everything was said and done.

The guy was super cool at BB; but their system is garbage. It locked up twice, and then the scanner didn't work for the GC. So we went up front and did it all again. Took about 30 minutes to trade in 5 games :whistle2:/ Again, not the guy's fault at all. He's cool. But their system is just garbage, lol.

Any big winners today?

Heads up, those Gamefly games on sale tonight are darn good flips if you get them in in time. I'm debating on picking up Killzone 3 and trading my own copy in tomorrow... but do I really want to drive out there again for $15? I'd order a bunch, but I'm gonna be out of town next week, and I don't think the games will arrive before Saturday. :whistle2:(

[quote name='KtMack23']The promo wouldn't show up at my BB, but the manager manually gave me a $20 gift card. And since the one promo wasn't applied the trade in girl gave me the 25% bonus also.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I didn't want to push the fact that I did not get my 10% Unlocked because I already was getting an add'l 25%

Traded in four games.
Got $45 with the added $20 promo. Totaled out to be $65.
The $20 promo wasn't available in the system throughout the week he said so he had to go and manually add it in. He also said the promotion ends today.

[quote name='karyadi']Can anyone screenshot how their Unlocked Gamer Club looks in the myrz.com? I want to know if I have it too. I got the situation where best buy has 2 accounts for me for some weird reason.[/QUOTE]

In the top right after you log in under your RZ # is says 'RZ Gamers Club Unlocked'. Mine took about 2 weeks to finally show up but least its showing up.

Also so of related/not related news a new system is supposed to start with the release Forza 4 where pre-order bonus codes are printed on the receipt and e-mailed to you (the same code ofc) so we'll see how that goes.

Traded in 16 random mix of wii and xbox 360 games got all four of my twenty extra dollars to work took a lot of time though was around 3:00 EST, I think right after that the promo died though because another guy was trying to do tradeins and his would not work.

[quote name='jrod69']Traded in 16 random mix of wii and xbox 360 games got all four of my twenty extra dollars to work took a lot of time though was around 3:00 EST, I think right after that the promo died though because another guy was trying to do tradeins and his would not work.[/QUOTE]

Way to go jrod, you broke it.

bread's done
Back