Best Buy Trade-in Thread 2.0: Please see new thread.

BudzMcGee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
At 276 pages and countless request for a new OP, it was time to retire the first Best Buy Trade-in Thread and start fresh. Thanks bh47 for your work in the previous thread (and providing the framework for this one)!

All Promotions are available in-store only, and they DO NOT stack!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.
Please read FAQ below before asking questions!

Current Promos:
- 50% Bonus when you trade in ANY game.
Get a 50% trade in bonus when you trade in ANY game. Offer valid 01/01/12 - 01/07/12

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 01/01/12 -03/03/12

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...VideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)\

Upcoming/Rumored Promotions:
All promos that have yet to appear on Best Buy's site (or in an upcoming ad) are listed here:
None at the moment

Previous Promotions:
Promos that have expired:
- 50% Bonus with specific Pre-order from list.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game from the following list: Halo 4, Mass Effect 3, Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto 5, MLB 12 The Show, Soul Calibur V, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Twisted Metal, Max Payne 3, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and Diablo 3. Offer valid 12/25/11 - 12/31/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.
Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11

- 30% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 30% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/31/11
- 40% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/10/11

- 50% Bonus with purchase of any game $39.99 or above.
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you purchase any game $39.99 or above. Offer valid 11/27/11 - 12/03/11

- Trade 3, get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer valid 10/5/11 - 11/26/11

- 40% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 40% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/13/11 - 11/19/11

- 50% Bonus with Modern Warfare 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/Purchase Modern Warfare 3. Offer valid 10/10/11 - 11/12/11 (Assuming this means a bonus for purchasing the game after it is released this Tuesday)

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Assassin's Creed Revelations Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Assassin's Creed Revelations. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 40% Bonus with The Elder Scrolls V: Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11

- 50% Bonus with Max Payne 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Max Payne 3. Offer valid 11/6/11 - 11/12/11 - This promo seems a little odd and there is a chance it is an error on the site since the game is so far from release.

- 50% Bonus with Saints Row 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Saints Row 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Skyrim Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Uncharted 3 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Uncharted 3. Offer valid 10/30/11 - 11/05/11

- 40% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Purchase.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you purchase Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/23/11 - 10/29/11

- Trade 2, get 25% More.

Trade in 2 games or more and get 25% extra trade-in credit. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/29/11

- 50% Bonus with Battlefield 3 Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Battlefield 3. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/22/11

- 40% Bonus with purchase of Batman: Arkham City.
Get 40% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/16/11 - 10/22/11

- 50% Bonus with Batman: Arkham City Pre-order.
Get 50% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order Batman: Arkham City. Offer valid 10/9/11 - 10/15/11

- 30% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order/Purchase.
Get a 30% extra trade-in Credit when you pre-order/purchase Rage or NBA 2K12. Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11

- Trade 4 get an extra $20 Trade-in Credit.
Get $20 trade-in Credit when you trade 4 or more games (Current gen games only (no PS2) and $5 minimum for each game). Offer valid 10/2/11 - 10/08/11 **** This promo was cancelled early due to technical issues. There have been issues with this promo not working on some stores' systems or simply not even being available, the issue seems to be related to disc-only games (or any game that is typed rather than scanned) so plan accordingly. The $20 extra is once per trade-in, meaning 4 games or 123 games it will only be $20 extra per transaction. So if you want to trade in 8 games, do it in two separate transactions. ****

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer was valid from 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expired 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expired 10/01/2011

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

How does the get **% with pre-order bonus work?
The percentage is based on the final total of your entire trade in, so if the trade in is $100 and there is a 50% bonus your final gift card value will be $150. After trading in your games, the employee SHOULD then sell you the pre-order for $5.

How much is a pre-order at Best Buy?
Pre-ordering at Best Buy cost $5, in fact, you aren't supposed to pay any more than that (and most employees won't let you if you ask). Yes, you can use the gift card you just received from your trade-in to purchase the pre-order.

Can I cancel a pre-order and keep the bonus?
Yes, the trade-in and the pre-order are completely separate transactions. Nothing will prevent you from returning to the Best Buy canceling the pre-order and receiving a refund. Some users have claimed that they were flagged for doing this multiple times though and were denied, so be aware of how many pre-orders you are cancelling. Also keep in mind the obvious facts that this is not how the program is intended to work and over abuse will negatively affect the program long-term. Lastly, returns are tracks on a personal level by a third party. (Read: try not to cancel a bunch of pre-orders)

Do I have to cancel the pre-order at the same store where it was made?
No, this can be handled by any BBY. Don't be surprised if you get a customer service employee who says otherwise though.

Can I pre-order once and get the pre-order bonus on my next trade-in as well?
YMMV. Officially, the answer is no, but there is nothing that actually requires the employee to sell the pre-order in order to apply the bonus so if your blue shirt is in a friendly mood they may be willing. Doesn't hurt to get to know the employees at your store. That said, expect that you will have to pre-order another game and be surprised if you don't.

Can I combine a 3 games for **% and a pre-order for **% bonus?
No. Bonuses do not stack, and you must pick one or the other. The only bonus that stacks with other promotions is the 10% you receive if you are a Gamers Club Unlocked member.

How do I become a Gamers Club Unlocked member and get the 10% bonus?
Any video game section employee should be able to set you up with the GCU membership. It cost $15 and comes with a year subscription of @Gamer magazine. It will also get you a 10% bonus on trade ins and 10% off of used games (Make sure to point it out to the blue shirt doing your trade-in though as it is easy for them to skip, and they are still new to it). It can take 48 hours (or more) for GCU to show up on your Reward Zone membership.

Can I use my Best Buy gift card to purchase Amazon Kindle Gift Cards or Visa Gift Cards?
Yes, although some employees may not be aware of this and incorrectly refuse to do so. Visa Gift Cards have a $200 limit and a $6 activation fee. Amazon Gift Cards are available in $25, $50 and $100 depending on your store selection. IL does not sell Amazon Gift Cards. Yes, Kindle Gift Cards are good for anything on Amazon.

The value on the site doesn't match the store, why?
Sometimes the page may not update immediately. This is fairly rare though. The store's trade-in values are definitive though, so what they say is what you get. 99.99% of the time they will match up.

The value on the iPhone app is way off, why?
The app sucks for updating values (and some games simply don't show up), don't rely on it.

The game I want to trade isn't on the site, what gives?
While rare, there have been some games recently not showing up in the online estimator. You can always check in-store to see if the price is in their system and simply not online, but that is unlikely to be the case. When Best Buy doesn't have a game on file they can offer $1 as a generic SKU, but that's it. New releases appear to be added on Tuesday evenings. Many new releases are taking upwards of a week or more to be added to the site.

When do trade-in values update?
No one knows for sure, but major updates seem to come on Sunday and Tuesday nights (or at least have in the past). Sometimes an update will happen randomly, such as when GameStop has an advertised sale for a game well below Best Buy's trade in price.

What will be the TIV of Game X tomorrow/next week / next month/ etc
Nobody knows.

If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as the item is received within 14 days of you locking it in (and the item is in the condition you described it as).

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
Officially, Best Buy only accepts 3 copies of a game, per system (i.e. you could trade in 3 copies of a game for Xbox, 3 copies for PS3 and 3 for Wii). This is for sure the online policy, but it varies in stores. Some people have reported being banned for trading in more than 3 copies of games, others have done so frequently without issue. Obviously it is YMMV, but do so at your own risk.

Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
Best Buy accepts disc only games (for the same value as complete games). The trade in will take longer though as the employee will have to look up the games individually.

Can I trade in games that say "Not for Resale" on the back?
Yes, since the only thing that matters is the disc. Some employees will fight this though, and in that case, just trade the game in as disc-only.

Does Best Buy accept game hardware?
Currently Best Buy only accepts various versions of the Nintendo DS in store, but word is that will change soon.

Does the **% bonuses apply to game hardware?
No, games only.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live. At a minimum you'll likely need a state ID.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
Some stores are required to have receipts to accept trade-ins, again this is due to local Pawn shop laws and could vary from city to city. You can always check if the store(s) near you require a receipt on Best Buy's trade-in site.

Can I trade sealed games?
Yes. You must present your receipt for the sealed games you are trading in. It is ok if the purchase was made from another store. You do run the risk of drawing extra attention to yourself as trading in sealed products is often a sign of theft. Do not be surprised if this is questioned by an employee, or you are asked to leave, open the items and return.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Do you honestly believe any of that (UC3 locked in online already, etc)!? I think it just points to the randomness of some of this Best Buy trade-in which is what I thought the point of the original post was - certainly it was not to complain about a $1 difference in trade-in values.

[quote name='Aurarian']Would the 50% pre-order bonus work if I traded in a game system like my DS?[/QUOTE]
DS is the only system they accept, and it's only at some stores. And the bonus applies to game trades only. Read the OP!

[quote name='io']^ Do you honestly believe any of that (UC3 locked in online already, etc)!? I think it just points to the randomness of some of this Best Buy trade-in which is what I thought the point of the original post was - certainly it was not to complain about a $1 difference in trade-in values.[/QUOTE]

Or it could be a lack in trade-ins, locked in or otherwise for Rage.

Best Buy is switching over from paying $30 base per trade-in for larger $60 MSRP titles at launch to $25 base per trade-in for the for larger titles at launch. That is obvious.

Rage was there on the $30 launch trade-in system and hasn't gotten enough copies to devalue it below $26 yet. UC3 is at the $25 max start point system.

It has nothing to do with the two games' supply and demand compared to each other because they're running off slightly different models.

[quote name='fmwross2']Best Buy is switching over from paying $30 base per trade-in for larger $60 MSRP titles at launch to $25 base per trade-in for the for larger titles at launch. That is obvious.

Rage was there on the $30 launch trade-in system and hasn't gotten enough copies to devalue it below $26 yet. UC3 is at the $25 max start point system.

It has nothing to do with the two games' supply and demand compared to each other because they're running off slightly different models.[/QUOTE]

uhhh in the previous sentence, you just put the explanation for why rage is so high on supply.

And this is what I'm trying to point out. People think, well Unchartered 3 is a much better game than Rage so it should be higher. And it has nothing to do with that's good. And my point being that the TIVs of Rage and Unchartered are independent of each other (which you seem to agree with). So why bother comparing them?

If people were trading Rage in by the barrel (collectively cause there's a 3 limit), the TIV would have dropped. Even trackmania wii hit a limit that dropped the TIV on that game.

[quote name='Hyperlancer']Does anyone know if the Uncharted pre-order trade bonus works with the console bundle?[/QUOTE]

you mean get 50% extra by preordering the bundle?

I don't think that's how it's suppose to work but since it's just a matter of clicking a radio button during the trade in, you could talk the CSR into it.

[quote name='confoosious']you mean get 50% extra by preordering the bundle?

I don't think that's how it's suppose to work but since it's just a matter of clicking a radio button during the trade in, you could talk the CSR into it.[/QUOTE]

I sincerely hope it works. Somehow though I could see it going like this

Hey I want to buy this $300 bundle that includes the game. Can I get the bonus since the game is with it?

No sir. We just want you to buy the $60 game.

I would just preorder the bundle and show them the preorder slip. "Look, I preordered uncharted 3, please give me the 50% bonus." and act like it's the same thing. Cause it is.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']I sincerely hope it works. Somehow though I could see it going like this

Hey I want to buy this $300 bundle that includes the game. Can I get the bonus since the game is with it?

No sir. We just want you to buy the $60 game.[/QUOTE]

They would so do this at my Best Buy. So stupid.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Anyone who was thinking of picking up War in the North this week via Amazon or the @Gamer coupon... the TIV is already up on the website: $20.

No free rental for me :([/QUOTE]
:cry:I was kinda hoping it would be $25-26, so I could play my $40 copy from Amazon($20 promo cred from Amazon for BF3;)) for a week or two and then dump it for even money.:D

Oh well. Now that means I can take my time with LOTR: WITN.

I think you guys are forgetting that BB is likely adjusting for the B2G1F sales that have been happening lately. I'm sure their trade-in dept knows those sales are going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reddjoey']I think you guys are forgetting that BB is likely adjust for the B2G1F sales that have been happening lately. I'm sure their trade-in dept knows those sales are going on.[/QUOTE]

Very valid point. Two major retailers having this sale in such a short time frame, and it being eligible on new games, could be driving down TIV for new games a bit.

That said, I'm sure that they have just decided that since most of the trades they take end up with a 50-60% bonus tacked on that they needed to start the base TIV a little lower while keeping it somewhat competitive (at its' base).

i took a bunch of games in. i was playing a few of them (x-men destiny, fear 3, etc) but i would rather get what i can now then wait a day or so and tiv's plummet.

[quote name='Velo214']i took a bunch of games in. i was playing a few of them (x-men destiny, fear 3, etc) but i would rather get what i can now then wait a day or so and tiv's plummet.[/QUOTE]

I think a lot of CAGS are taking this route. I know I have bought 10+ games on massive deals, fully expecting to play them, only to find myself flipping them because the TiV are just too good. I've bought and sold F:NV so many times... I finally kept the one I have because it had the 1st run bonus in it and some poor guy bought it for $8.50 on eBay. Bought the game for $10, so about $3 after taxes and fees I justified it sitting on my shelf.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']I think a lot of CAGS are taking this route. I know I have bought 10+ games on massive deals, fully expecting to play them, only to find myself flipping them because the TiV are just too good. I've bought and sold F:NV so many times... I finally kept the one I have because it had the 1st run bonus in it and some poor guy bought it for $8.50 on eBay. Bought the game for $10, so about $3 after taxes and fees I justified it sitting on my shelf.[/QUOTE]
I too have flipped a couple of Fallout: New Vegas, but I finally kept the one I got from Amazon's Warehouse Deals(and the $30 CE I got from Gamestop a while ago:lol:). I actually ended up getting an unused DLC pack from the one from AWD and another unused one from the one I had prior. Unfortunately I don't think either of the codes are worth much of anything.

But I definitely feel like I'm going to whittle down my collection again(50+ PS3 games as of now:shock:), but I hate seeing the tiv's as low as they are since I know with the 50% promos and 10% for GCU I'm barely breaking even on many of them now.:cry:

Originally most of them were supposed to be a quick playthrough and then flipping them to afford the next game and the next game, but I just didn't feel like taking them to BB or shipping them to NorAm and waited too long.:cry:

[quote name='reddjoey']I think you guys are forgetting that BB is likely adjusting for the B2G1F sales that have been happening lately. I'm sure their trade-in dept knows those sales are going on.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to give bestbuy trade-in department that kind of credit.

sigh, came in to trade in 5 games today. Blabber mouth employee was working instead of my regular people. He told me some dude just called and is coming in with 66 games to trade in for about $700 (apparently he checked it online and told the rep over the phone). Sure enough half way through my transaction, he walks in with a cardboard box of games. They are all fking sealed. He left it on the table. At this point the blabber mouth is calling every employees walking by to take a look. Store manager walks by, looked at the box and asked me why they are sealed. I'm like, "Dude, these are not mine, it's his." I gotta make sure he's not red flagging me haha. Dude was lying and said it was from his collection. My regular guy came back from break, took a look and said you got a friend that works for Namco. Sure enough, he admits it. Sigh. Newbie trade-in..

Where can I make some friends that work for game developers? haha

[quote name='confoosious']so i assume they allowed his trade in?[/QUOTE]
yea, just gotta open every single game. He's was prepared with excel sheets and everything haha

Probably just a reseller. Places like Gamestop ban for similar activity. Eventually bestbuy will too

And another thing. We got guys here that do the same damn thing except the games aren't sealed. Don't start thinking your trades are any more legit or brings less attention.

[quote name='Japakneez']Probably just a reseller. Places like Gamestop ban for similar activity. Eventually bestbuy will too

And another thing. We got guys here that do the same damn thing except the games aren't sealed. Don't start thinking your trades are any more legit or brings less attention.[/QUOTE]
Who on here brings in 66 games sealed and called in ahead of time? He's not a reseller, just know people that works in Namco.

Took Batman back tonight & got $40 after Unlocked + the Uncharted 3 trade-in bonus. I had 100%'d the single player (well, Batman's side anyway, still had some Catwoman trophies to collect) and figured I'd take the high trade-in now & pick the game back up next year when it's cheap.

When you factor in the $20 since it was one of my 5/$100 deal games, I'm only out the tax to have gotten to play it. :)

I did the same think with Arkham City, but sold the Robin code. I figure if I see it in a year or so for $30, it'll be like I paid $10 for it.

With UC3 in a couple days, AC would have said on my shelf with about 30 other games for who knows how long.

New TradeIn Promos.

MW3 50% still there as well as 40% for any preorder.

Trade 3, Get 30% More
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit Offer expires 11/26/2011

50% Bonus with Skyrim Pre-order
Get a 50% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Offer expires 11/05/2011

40% Bonus with Uncharted 3 Pre-Order/Purchase
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you Pre-Order/Purchase Uncharted 3 Offer expires 11/05/2011

[quote name='Japakneez']What city is this?[/QUOTE]

San Jose. namco is on technology dr. over by san jose mineta international airport. i went there with my pos dark souls artbook that turned into postcard collection (14 pages fell out) when i opened it. they said they didnt have any more limited editions on hand and the best they could offer me was a discount on an item from their store, i just laughed and left. i even have friends that are concept artists/ art directors there but they couldnt do anything for me either.

I have never traded at Best Buy, but do I have to a member of any kind of rewards club in order to be eligible for the 50% more on a pre-order trade in for MW3?

So if I trade in Black Ops (on their website it has it listed at a $18 value) and Madden 12 ($24 value) that will give me approx $42. So if I am eligible for the 50% more towards MW3, does that 50% come from my total trade in value (50% of $42 is $21) or does it come from just one of the games?

Thanks for any tips/advice. I have lurked for a while and thanks for all the time/effort you guys put in to make all of this stuff organized.

OP has been updated with all the new promos and such. Not going to lie, kind of wish they'd do a trade 4 get 40%, so I could get roughly the same TIV without having to pre-order. Wishful thinking.

Until they fix the target b1g1 oopsie.
; (2) Fantastic pets 360 $20 base TiV $15 so

$20+tax--> $30 base ($48 after all bonuses)

Also biggest loser is the same $20 but $32 base TiV.

[quote name='drphibes']I have never traded at Best Buy, but do I have to a member of any kind of rewards club in order to be eligible for the 50% more on a pre-order trade in for MW3?

So if I trade in Black Ops (on their website it has it listed at a $18 value) and Madden 12 ($24 value) that will give me approx $42. So if I am eligible for the 50% more towards MW3, does that 50% come from my total trade in value (50% of $42 is $21) or does it come from just one of the games?

Thanks for any tips/advice. I have lurked for a while and thanks for all the time/effort you guys put in to make all of this stuff organized.[/QUOTE]
Just take whatever the value of all your trades combined, multiply it by 1.5, and subtract $5 for your pre order. Also, you have to be a reward zone member, I'm pretty sure, but that's free to sign up for.

[quote name='drphibes']I have never traded at Best Buy, but do I have to a member of any kind of rewards club in order to be eligible for the 50% more on a pre-order trade in for MW3?

Thanks for any tips/advice. I have lurked for a while and thanks for all the time/effort you guys put in to make all of this stuff organized.[/QUOTE]

You will get a 50% increase for all eligible items. So you would get $18 + $24 base and $9 + $12 in promo credit, total $63.

If you want to join the Gamer's Club unlocked, it costs $14.99 a year. You get a 1 yr subscription to @Gamer magazine, which comes with some decent coupons every month, a 10% increase in trade-ins and 10% off used games. So, if you join you would get and extra $6.30 for that trade-in.

[quote name='technicalstylez']San Jose. namco is on technology dr. over by san jose mineta international airport. i went there with my pos dark souls artbook that turned into postcard collection (14 pages fell out) when i opened it. they said they didnt have any more limited editions on hand and the best they could offer me was a discount on an item from their store, i just laughed and left. i even have friends that are concept artists/ art directors there but they couldnt do anything for me either.[/QUOTE]

I was asking kou what city he saw this at. It's unlikely to be namco hookup for several reasons. Game companies strictly prohibit reselling and if caught can result in termination. There are purchase limits which immediately makes 66 games very unlikely. Companies also mark games to prevent it. Microsoft and EA are clearly tagged and Sony has an unreadable upc. I'm wondering if kou saw anything on these sealed games.

When someone hands you an excuse like the bestbuy employee did then its possible that the reseller/thief will just admit to it. If he's a namco hookup then he is a bigger dummy than he sounds like. It also doesn't make financial sense because 66 games to $700 is low considering the price an employee buys games at.

[quote name='Japakneez']I was asking kou what city he saw this at. It's unlikely to be namco hookup for several reasons. Game companies strictly prohibit reselling and if caught can result in termination. There are purchase limits which immediately makes 66 games very unlikely. Companies also mark games to prevent it. Microsoft and EA are clearly tagged and Sony has an unreadable upc. I'm wondering if kou saw anything on these sealed games.

When someone hands you an excuse like the bestbuy employee did then its possible that the reseller/thief will just admit to it. If he's a namco hookup then he is a bigger dummy than he sounds like. It also doesn't make financial sense because 66 games to $700 is low considering the price an employee buys games at.[/QUOTE]
It's in the bay area. It's one or two per game ranging from 3DS, Xbox, and PS3. The only big title was Dark soul. He's clueless with trading it, it was his first time. So I believe when he admited to know someone @ bandai or Namco.

Not sure why but I feel u keep misreading my post. 1. He's not reselling, he's trading it in as used. 2. I never said his trades were less legit than mine, he's follow all the rules and none of the games reach 3 per copies. 3. Yes I do think it causes more attention than my regular 5-6 games trade. This is 66 games sealed. But that wasn't even the point of my post. I posted as a strange story i ran across when trading in, no point to my store really. So I just feel like u just want to disagree just to disagree. But whatever. I'm stoke about my haul @ Target. haha

Man that's really crazy. Even though there's portable games in there the discount isn't that great and certainly not worth the flip. I did better flipping 3x Just Dance 3. ROOKIE! :rofl:

Better be a good reason for it.

Kou I didn't say anything about your trades. I made a general point.

[quote name='kouleefoh']It's in the bay area. It's one or two per game ranging from 3DS, Xbox, and PS3. The only big title was Dark soul. He's clueless with trading it, it was his first time. So I believe when he admited to know someone @ bandai or Namco.

Not sure why but I feel u keep misreading my post. 1. He's not reselling, he's trading it in as used. 2. I never said his trades were less legit than mine, he's follow all the rules and none of the games reach 3 per copies. 3. Yes I do think it causes more attention than my regular 5-6 games trade. This is 66 games sealed. But that wasn't even the point of my post. I posted as a strange story i ran across when trading in, no point to my store really. So I just feel like u just want to disagree just to disagree. But whatever. I'm stoke about my haul @ Target. haha[/QUOTE]

I assume you took advantage of the Target glitch lol. What did you get ?

[quote name='Japakneez']Man that's really crazy. Even though there's portable games in there the discount isn't that great and certainly not worth the flip. I did better flipping 3x Just Dance 3. ROOKIE! :rofl:

Better be a good reason for it.

Kou I didn't say anything about your trades. I made a general point.[/QUOTE]
yea At first I thought it was $700 before bonus, because i traded in 5 games before him and already got 180. But when i see the titles, it's about right. If he had traded it in 3 weeks earlier, it'd have been banks. Im heading to target again hahahaha I don't want to put a "target" on my back for posting my hauls. But what I got for myself is FIFA 12, GoW Origins, and child of eden. Really want to try whit eknight chronicles but not sold in store. and I already got everything else. haha.

I sold back the new X-Men game, COD Black Ops, Eternal Sonata (all 360), and new Mortal Kombat (PS3) towards Uncharted 3. Got $104. DAMN that was a fantastic deal!

Damn I'm contemplaying whether or not to sell Batman in for money on Skyrim. I paid retail for the game on release day, and I just finished the game last night. Landed about 555 gamerscore, have YET to even redeem my Catwoman code or Batman Beyond code, have the 4th and 5th Riddler hostages to get still, along with attempting challenge rooms and getting all Riddler trophies.

Decisions, decisions. End up paying $20< for Skyrim, or pay full dollar and keep the other game I paid full dollar for...

Luckily found two copies of GTA Complete (PS3) at Target this morning during the glitch for $~22. Trades in for $~24/each at Best Buy. Made a pretty decent dent into Zelda Collector's Bundle.

[quote name='jcp42877']Damn I'm contemplaying whether or not to sell Batman in for money on Skyrim. I paid retail for the game on release day, and I just finished the game last night. Landed about 555 gamerscore, have YET to even redeem my Catwoman code or Batman Beyond code, have the 4th and 5th Riddler hostages to get still, along with attempting challenge rooms and getting all Riddler trophies.

Decisions, decisions. End up paying $20< for Skyrim, or pay full dollar and keep the other game I paid full dollar for...[/QUOTE]
I've paid MSRP or close for a handful of games this year. Albeit those were through Amazon and most have had a $10-20 credit with them. But some games like Arkham City I'm gonna take my time with and not try to rush through to be able to trade them in for a better amount of credit. It takes the fun out of playing these games when you feel like you HAVE to rush to get the game completed or risk losing out on $5-10 in credit.

Whats up with the lack of some values on the site? (Took them nearly a week to add Ratchet and Clank All 4 One).

Does that mean they just wont take them? Or is it just unlisted or something

[quote name='dgwillia006']Whats up with the lack of some values on the site? (Took them nearly a week to add Ratchet and Clank All 4 One).

Does that mean they just wont take them? Or is it just unlisted or something[/QUOTE]

If it isn't on their site it isn't in their system (99% of the time) and they will only be able to offer you a $1, some employees don't even know about the generic SKU and will refuse to do that.

They seem to have a delay on most of their new releases. Whether this is intentional or just due to them being slow, no one knows.

Virtua Tennis 4 is a decent flip from Target's B2G1. Target has it for 19.99 and the base TIV is 14 at Best Buy. so you spend 40 and get 42 base TIV + whatever bonus you want.

Biggest Loser and Fantastic Pets are decent flips too. 16 and 15 TIV respectively.

bread's done
Back