Best Buy Trade-in Thread: 50% Bonus with Pre-order of Rage or NBA 2K12, 9/25-10/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bh47

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
!!! Promotions available in stores only, and they DO NOT stack !!!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.

Current Promos:

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer valid 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expires 10/01/2011

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

:bomb: The values in the Lists do not match the values in the Estimator. What's up with that?
I don't know. It seems the Lists are usually updated on Sundays, and the TIVs are adjusted to reflect the List in a few days. But as trades are made, the TIVs may change and the Lists are not updated frequently. Again, check the Estimator for latest TIV.

The promo says "Trade 2..." or "Trade 3..." but I only want to trade 1 game, will I still get $x amount?
You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. The promo is titled "Trade 2" etc to make the giftcards sound more lucrative.

The 2 games I want to trade are worth more than $60 combined according to the Estimator. Does that mean I will only get $60 for the 2 games?
No. You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. For example, if your total according to the Estimator is $70, you will get a $70 giftcard.

:bomb: If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as you ship it before the "Ship by" date "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value" (as of 5/2), and your games are received in the condition you declared.

How long do I have after I lock in a trade online before I have to ship it?
30 days. Has been recently changed to "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value".

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
According to BB: "We will not accept more than 3 games of the same title and platform from a customer (or address) in a year. Please do not submit more than the limit as excess submissions WILL NOT BE RETURNED." Example, you can trade 3 copies of Portal 2 for PS3 and 3 copies of Portal 2 for x360 without problems. Some people have been banned from trade-ins at BB due to the violation of this policy. If you plan on trading more than 3 copies of a game per platform by doing it through various stores, you do so at your own risk and discretion.

:bomb: Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
BB used to be strict about complete copies, but this has changed, and ppl are trading games in store without manuals or cover sleeve for full TIV. If you trade online it's sometimes YMMV. I would advise you to send in complete games (case, disc, manual) since some ppl are reporting only getting 50% of the locked TIV.

I see people talking about getting Amazon giftcards by trading at Best Buy. How are they doing that?
Some Best Buys sell Kindle giftcards which can be used on Amazon.com like regular Amazon giftcards. You will not get the Kindle card with your trade, but you can buy them with your BB giftcard.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
According to BB's own FAQ:
Q: Is trade-in limited to items I bought at Best Buy?
A: No.

I don't know why this happens, but apparently some stores do not have their system setup to take non-BB purchased items at this time. Check the link above regarding stores that do video games trade-ins first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I went to my BB at opening and unloaded an SSBB I got at a yard sale this past weekend. Still got the $30 this AM, apparently it has dropped since then.

[quote name='hypertails02']If you're definitely planning on trading them into best buy anyay, why keep them sealed? Open them up, take the DLC to sell on ebay/craigslist, and take the games to Best Buy. That's what I did with Ghost of Sparta yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see any DLC in any COD games I traded in today. Sitting on an XBOX world at war at the moment that I need to get rid of. Always run out of time when I'm running around trading stuff in!

Also, re: sealed games, some places will take it, but you're making your life harder than it needs to be. Lock in the game online before you go in if you think that BB won't take it in store. Sealed games freak them out.

[quote name='Brenex']They have always asked me for my phone number but today was the first time they asked me for my email. I hesitated but gave it anyways. I'm just not going to give my email address in the future, just in case.[/QUOTE]

I have not received anything like that from the 2 games I mailed in. I will reiterate that I think it's complete BS that they could try and stiff you for trading in 3 in-store and 3 online, if the online people are going to say that they are completely separate from in-store, when you call for help with in store trade in.

[quote name='confoosious']Yeah, they sent me an email thanking me for trading in a game and said I'd get my gift card soon. Then they sent me another email saying "oops, you were given that gift card in store, you will not be sent a gift card."

I don't remember giving my email in store but I think they do require a phone number right? (at least the first time you trade in?)[/QUOTE]

Also, for what it's worth, I called yesterday to ask a question and they were asking all this ID information, until I eventually was like "can you just answer this one question, it's not related to my account" and then I was told that part of the problem is that the number I was calling from had 3 registered accounts. This is because different blueshirts have put my address in all weird three times (there is a correct one, a mispelled street one, and one where my street name is all mashed as one word) when I'm in store. So I think they are working on linking these things.... which is still totally stupid, since the online people can't help you when the blueshirts are being crazy...

Okay, 2 questions:

1. When does this LA Noire 2 for $60 deal expire?

2. How does Best Buy know if I will be spending the $60 gift card on LA Noire? Like... what if I buy something else?

[quote name='The_ZZ']Okay, 2 questions:

1. When does this LA Noire 2 for $60 deal expire?

2. How does Best Buy know if I will be spending the $60 gift card on LA Noire? Like... what if I buy something else?[/QUOTE]

You can buy whatever you want with the GC, it says that right on the ad, and the "2 for 60" lasts for as long as it takes for the flippers to flood dealtree with the games they are offering $30 for. Over the last month or so, they've gone about 7-10 days with 25 bucks as the max price for a game, then like 3-5 days with 30 bucks as the max price, and then repeat.

So basically, hurry if you have games you want to trade in. You just get a regular GC that you can do whatever you want with.

[quote name='DerClaw']You can buy whatever you want with the GC, it says that right on the ad, and the "2 for 60" lasts for as long as it takes for the flippers to flood dealtree with the games they are offering $30 for. Over the last month or so, they've gone about 7-10 days with 25 bucks as the max price for a game, then like 3-5 days with 30 bucks as the max price, and then repeat.

So basically, hurry if you have games you want to trade in. You just get a regular GC that you can do whatever you want with.[/QUOTE]

Thanks buddy. Do they trade in games just at the customer service isle? I check and my Best Buy does buy games. Trading in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and FIFA 11. $60 awesome!!! :bouncy:

[quote name='The_ZZ']Thanks buddy. Do they trade in games just at the customer service isle? I check and my Best Buy does buy games. Trading in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and FIFA 11. $60 awesome!!! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

It's all in the general vicinity of the customer service desk. There are about 7 BBs that I hit regularly, and there are 4 different ways that they do it (trade in at the geeksquad area, but only via a blueshirt; trade in at the geeksquad area, but only via a geeksquad guy; regular customer service desk that anyone can do; and special register in the back of the customer service desk that only the manager can use)

Traded in Killzone 2 PS3 for $20 and Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 360 for $30. I had to go to two stores since the first one's signature machine's pen didn't seem to be working. The girl who was helping me said their store hasn't been able to do any game trades for about a week because of it (the pen was supposedly working earlier but just stopped). The 2nd store's biometric reader kept reporting an error when taking my thumb print. After the 3rd try it seemed to go through. Lot of trouble to trade in games, but in the end I got my $50 GC.

I want to trade some games in for credit to buy Kindle gift cards as people have been mentioning. Are there any restrictions on the kindle cards like you can only use one at a time on or anything similar? I'd like to buy a console on Amazon and would like to use several kindle cards and amazon credit. Are they $20/50/100 cards?

[quote name='cheesebu']I want to trade some games in for credit to buy Kindle gift cards as people have been mentioning. Are there any restrictions on the kindle cards like you can only use one at a time on or anything similar? I'd like to buy a console on Amazon and would like to use several kindle cards and amazon credit. Are they $20/50/100 cards?[/QUOTE]
nope, only $25 and $50 cards available. I am able to get $250 at a time

[quote name='edson13']its appears that as of two days ago, they accept disc online trade ins online. So might as well send it.[/QUOTE]

I am not totally sure that they accept disc only trades. Before, when getting a quote it would ask for playable condition and artwork. Now it only asks for playable condition and that is it. I too thought that this meant that trading in disc only games was okay. However, when you're in the cart screen and click on the edit button next to the X/Delete, the original artwork and case question comes up again. If you select incomplete, it results in No Trade-In Value. So, I don't know what's up with that. I don't know if I want to risk it myself though. What do you guys think?

[quote name='DerClaw']I didn't see any DLC in any COD games I traded in today.[/QUOTE]

I got two 48 Hour xbox live cards in the three world at wars I got from amazon. I'll take it heh :D

Recommendation to add to the FAQ:

The store locator will actually tell you if the store requires a Best Buy receipt for trade-in so that could save a few headaches

[quote name='jacknicklson']Recommendation to add to the FAQ:

The store locator will actually tell you if the store requires a Best Buy receipt for trade-in so that could save a few headaches[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how accurate that is. It says the store near me that doesn't require receipts does both trade-ins and trade-ins with receipts. :booty:

Best to just call ahead of time to confirm with your store. Best Buy is so silly, but people should be aware some stores want receipts for trade-ins.

[quote name='kalel603']I am not totally sure that they accept disc only trades. Before, when getting a quote it would ask for playable condition and artwork. Now it only asks for playable condition and that is it. I too thought that this meant that trading in disc only games was okay. However, when you're in the cart screen and click on the edit button next to the X/Delete, the original artwork and case question comes up again. If you select incomplete, it results in No Trade-In Value. So, I don't know what's up with that. I don't know if I want to risk it myself though. What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

i doubt they would accept only discs. wouldnt make sense to just accept it without the case and manuals.

I checked the price of WaS this morning and it was $20. I'm at a best buy now. It's $30 in store. I checked online on my phone. It's $30 now. Dammit I'm one day late!

[quote name='hypertails02']I checked the price of WaS this morning and it was $20. I'm at a best buy now. It's $30 in store. I checked online on my phone. It's $30 now. Dammit I'm one day late![/QUOTE]
If you're talking about WaW, you have to price match either TRU or Kmart to get the $20 price. Then trade it back to BB for $20 after you get the $30 GC.

I noticed both Killzone 2 and Batman AA GotY are still $20 each, a good price on older games but there's really no good flips with them at the moment that I see. It's more for people who have them lying around.

dont you use your BB credit on amazon cards...

HOLY CRAP! You have just changed my whole shopping strategy, lol. I even bought Amazon/Kindle credit before with my BB credit for my Wife and I still didn't put it together on my own. I've been thinking "man Best Buy has such good TiV's on a consistent basis that I wish there was a way I could combine my credit!"

From now on I will be buying Amazon credit with my BB unless they have some sort of amazing sale though.

Admittedly though, I wish there was a way to do it the other way too, because I'd like that Squier RB real guitar and it's still only MSRP at Best Buy. I see Amazon has a Gamestop card you can buy, but not Best Buy.

[quote name='JKSonic'] I see Amazon has a Gamestop card you can buy, but not Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

You can't use amazon credit to buy the gamestop GC, it's sold by a third party and I've tried :cry:

I went in this morning to pick up more COD:WaW for the flip and it's all sold out in-store around NYC. Thanks to all the keen ppl for the tip on this thread. Also, thanks for giving this thread a couple more stars.

I ended up trading back in a black ops, before realizing that it was the equivalent of making 2 dollars. Whoops. Oh well, I was in store trying to round up some sub-zeros anyway.

[quote name='hypertails02']I checked the price of WaS this morning and it was $20. I'm at a best buy now. It's $30 in store. I checked online on my phone. It's $30 now. Dammit I'm one day late![/QUOTE]

could you confirm a trade in today at that price or did you just see the site show that? because i see $20

No go for me. Tried to purchase 2 copies of W@W for PS3 and get the price match from TRU. Had to go to Customer Service counter, took forever, and then I am assuming the GC screen popped up, and she walked away came back, scanned a different barcode under the keyboard and then bagged my games and said have a nice day.

I went up to Customer Service desk, and tried to get the GC anyway. They said one or the other (price match or GC) not both.

Returned games :(

What a waste of time.

[quote name='jskatt21']No go for me. Tried to purchase 2 copies of W@W for PS3 and get the price match from TRU. Had to go to Customer Service counter, took forever, and then I am assuming the GC screen popped up, and she walked away came back, scanned a different barcode under the keyboard and then bagged my games and said have a nice day.

I went up to Customer Service desk, and tried to get the GC anyway. They said one or the other (price match or GC) not both.

What a waste of time.[/QUOTE]

The F'd up thing about best buy is that even without the TRU price match, you could walk into BB and just say "give me 5 dollars" and if they gave it to you, it's a better deal for BB than doing the buy 2 and get a gift card thing. (If my math is right, it would be about 65 bucks for two games at 30 each, after tax, then you get 40 in GC for the trade in plus 30 GC for buying 2).

[quote name='DerClaw']The F'd up thing about best buy is that even without the TRU price match, you could walk into BB and just say "give me 5 dollars" and if they gave it to you, it's a better deal for BB than doing the buy 2 and get a gift card thing. (If my math is right, it would be about 65 bucks for two games at 30 each, after tax, then you get 40 in GC for the trade in plus 30 GC for buying 2).[/QUOTE]

I agree, I thought that exact same thing. It would be worth it to see them do all the work to net $10 in my opinion.

My Best Buy is pretty good (or lucky) with how they catch the loop holes. Seems 90% of my transactions have to be handled at Customer Service due to price matches, or other issues, and they always seem to know what I am wanting to do and prevent me from doing it!

DAMN THOSE SMART PEOPLE BACK THERE THAT ACTUALLY GO ABOVE DOING THEIR JOB:hot: :cry::D

[quote name='jskatt21']No go for me. Tried to purchase 2 copies of W@W for PS3 and get the price match from TRU. Had to go to Customer Service counter, took forever, and then I am assuming the GC screen popped up, and she walked away came back, scanned a different barcode under the keyboard and then bagged my games and said have a nice day.

What a waste of time.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me when I PMd Portal 2 that I had bought the previous week, where the $10 GC from when I bought it was subtracted from the PM difference. Probably won't bother with the WaW trick now.

[quote name='jskatt21']I agree, I thought that exact same thing. It would be worth it to see them do all the work to net $10 in my opinion.

My Best Buy is pretty good (or lucky) with how they catch the loop holes. Seems 90% of my transactions have to be handled at Customer Service due to price matches, or other issues, and they always seem to know what I am wanting to do and prevent me from doing it!

DAMN THOSE SMART PEOPLE BACK THERE THAT ACTUALLY GO ABOVE DOING THEIR JOB:hot: :cry::D[/QUOTE]
They are not doing their job, they are being sociopaths that refuse to do their jobs because they are in an abusive relationship with BB where they will refuse to follow BB policy if they think that you are using BB's policy to get something from BB. Blueshirts are awful human beings.

I went up to Customer Service desk, and tried to get the GC anyway. They said one or the other (price match or GC) not both. Returned games :( What a waste of time.[/QUOTE]

That's why I never try to do everything in 1 transaction always do the BB deal 1st. Then come back & say "TRU or whoever has the items I just bought much cheaper & I heard that'll you'll price match local competitors". Sometimes it's what you say that goes along way. Always make them think the only reason you bought from them was THEIR deal that way they're more inclined to make the exception.
I got a very YMMV pm this way all by saying I'd rather give BB the $250 sale instead of TRU & a TRU gc would do me no good in comparison to a BB one.

Final result
COD BO $40, dead space 2 $30, Bulletstorm $40, KZ3 $40 + $80 in BB giftcards. They didn't even mark up dead space 2 to $60 before the discount either. I already had COD so I just traded it in since they were giving $30 for it. All that plus I got the $10 in RZ for spending $150 on games & another $5 in reg. RZ points.

That's why I never try to do everything in 1 transaction always do the BB deal 1st. Then come back & say "TRU or whoever has the items I just bought much cheaper & I heard that'll you'll price match local competitors". Sometimes it's what you say that goes along way. Always make them think the only reason you bought from them was THEIR deal that way they're more inclined to make the exception.

I just tried this with W@W and the girl couldn't do it for me because the game was only showing me having paid14.99 in the system. The $30 giftcard value was apparently subtracted from the value of the game in the transaction. Because of this, she caught on to the double dipping.

Went to trade in my Fallout NV at BB today (for $20 GC), asked the person behind the counter if they accept just game discs without manual / cases and was told their policy was changed recently (Monday) and they can now accept discs only, but that could be YMMV.

Walked in with Red Dead, Split /Second and Fable 3, walked out with $65 gc
Incredibly easy process.

Also feel like an idiot for not knowing they have amazon gift cards. Need to go back lol.

I tried to trade in games with the gamestop sticker still attached and they would not take it because they do not take "games bought as used", only games bought as new.

Is this seriously true?

[quote name='chuckywang']I tried to trade in games with the gamestop sticker still attached and they would not take it because they do not take "games bought as used", only games bought as new.

Is this seriously true?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you got a bitch for a CSR.

[quote name='chuckywang']I tried to trade in games with the gamestop sticker still attached and they would not take it because they do not take "games bought as used", only games bought as new.

of course not.

next time, take the stickers off.

I've taken a few games before to BB with GS used sticker prices and never had any issues. I think it just depends on the employee, and sometimes the store. Some have absolutely no idea what they're doing, and some are just being picky. At the BB I go to. Their is a guy who also trades his games, so it's very fast and easy. The other day I traded my games, and a different person helped me. First she tells me she can only accept 1 game...yeah right! I quickly told her about my previous trades, and she proceeded with the transaction.

[quote name='person123']Went to trade in my Fallout NV at BB today (for $20 GC), asked the person behind the counter if they accept just game discs without manual / cases and was told their policy was changed recently (Monday) and they can now accept discs only, but that could be YMMV.[/QUOTE]

Wow! If so...that changes everything. This Best Buy trade in has been the best thing ever (well recently).
As long as they don't prevent kindle card purchases with BB gift cards, it's golden.

Just a heads up with the people still trying to do the W@W thing,
I bought the games yesterday and tried to price match them according to TRU they basically said the whole only one or the other thing.
I recommend trying to do the PM at the time of buying with the cashier, or get lucky and get a CS rep who doesnt read the entire receipt.

:lol: I tried that shit with TRU last week n 2 copies of Eye Of Judgment for PS3. I just bought them maybe 30 minutes earlier at GS and I left all of the stickers on there.

The one bitch manager who was standing right there said 'they don't take third hand games'.:shock::lol: I tried explaining that I had traded in games I'd bought from other stores to them before and was told that it 'was a new policy and since used games(such as a copy of MAG for $39.99:roll:) aren't selling very well they're no longer taking in trades soon'.

As for BB taking in trades disc only now, that fuckin' sucks. Besides FYE I was glad when BB had the policy that games had to be at least mostly complete.

Next thing you know they'll start taking in the same beat to snot condition games just like GS does, athough this is definitely a step in that shitty direction.

[quote name='DerClaw']They are not doing their job, they are being sociopaths that refuse to do their jobs because they are in an abusive relationship with BB where they will refuse to follow BB policy if they think that you are using BB's policy to get something from BB. Blueshirts are awful human beings.[/QUOTE]

I've worked for Best Buy for 2 years and can wholeheartedly say that blueshirts are definitely not "awful human beings". Just because they aren't going to run around in circles giving you every gift card / PM you ask for doesn't give you the right to whine like a child. Hell, half the time we just do it to piss of douchebags like you. Try acting civil and I'm sure you'll catch a break.

As for me, if there's any San Diego CAG's that are catching any crap from BB employees PM me and I'll try to help you out as best I can. Now, I'm not going to do anything that would put my job in jeopardy but I would love to help out some fellow CAGs. Just don't act like DerClaw over here.

Also, FYI it states in Best Buy SOP that promotions cannot be combined with any other offer. So it is one or the other. Furthermore if you are ripping off someones company, they have every right to refuse you. Sorry, /rant.

I had somebody try to tell me that once on a copy of FNV. I repeat my mantra: Blueshirts are idiots and sociopaths. If the game is in good condition, then they need to shut their face and take the game. I usually peel GS's sticker off, since it's cheaper than what BB is paying, but that one time I left it on because it still said 54.99 pre-owned for FNV. She eventually took it, after talking to about 4 different people and wasting another half hour of my life.

Also, got fingerprinted at GS for the first time yesterday. Thought about just canceling the deal and going to a GS that wasn't in a crappy area.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Just a heads up with the people still trying to do the W@W thing,
I bought the games yesterday and tried to price match them according to TRU they basically said the whole only one or the other thing.
I recommend trying to do the PM at the time of buying with the cashier, or get lucky and get a CS rep who doesnt read the entire receipt.[/QUOTE]

I've successfully done it twice (once with W@W, once with Black ops, before i realized that the Black ops deal isn't very good) and failed to do it once. The time I failed, I asked before hand and was told one or the other, both times it worked, the CSR did the TRU PM, had the manager type in their code, then the manager walked off and I waited until the manager was far enough away to ask the CSR to "total it out" since that's what causes the screen to pop up saying I get a GC. Shockingly, even the most awful Blueshirt that was so adamant about not PM'ing, calling to check (even though the managers keep saying that they don't need to call to check), etc., were like "oh hey, you get a GC with this."

Man, if that computer were to tell one of these guys to rip off their arm, bbq it, and feed it to the MOD, I am 95% sure they would do it in a heartbeat.

[quote name='Nealocus123']I've worked for Best Buy for 2 years and can wholeheartedly say that blueshirts are definitely not "awful human beings". Just because they aren't going to run around in circles giving you every gift card / PM you ask for doesn't give you the right to whine like a child. Hell, half the time we just do it to piss of douchebags like you. Try acting civil and I'm sure you'll catch a break.

As for me, if there's any San Diego CAG's that are catching any crap from BB employees PM me and I'll try to help you out as best I can. Now, I'm not going to do anything that would put my job in jeopardy but I would love to help out some fellow CAGs. Just don't act like DerClaw over here.

Also, FYI it states in Best Buy SOP that promotions cannot be combined with any other offer. So it is one or the other. Furthermore if you are ripping off someones company, they have every right to refuse you. Sorry, /rant.[/QUOTE]
But isn't price matching different from getting the gift card because it's listed just for buying the games?

[quote name='Nealocus123']I've worked for Best Buy for 2 years and can wholeheartedly say that blueshirts are definitely not "awful human beings". Just because they aren't going to run around in circles giving you every gift card / PM you ask for doesn't give you the right to whine like a child. Hell, half the time we just do it to piss of douchebags like you. Try acting civil and I'm sure you'll catch a break.

Also, FYI it states in Best Buy SOP that promotions cannot be combined with any other offer. So it is one or the other. Furthermore if you are ripping off someones company, they have every right to refuse you. Sorry, /rant.[/QUOTE]

Listen sweetheart, just because you have been brainwashed by this company into thinking that you have to protect BB, by refusing to enforce BB's own written policies doesn't make you an honorable citizen. If bestbuy wants to make a policy that has a way for me to get a good deal, you need to just do your job and give me the deal.

EDIT: your post even makes it clear that something is wrong with you: You say "they are not going to run around in circles giving me a PM" -- It is BB's policy to PM TRU. What else do you want me to tell the CSR? Price match TRU. Just do that. Then I can leave. Do your job.

All I can say is #4 most hated company in America for 2010.

http://247wallst.com/2011/01/04/the-fifteen-most-hated-american-companies-of-2010/2/

Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) rates low on several surveys for both its bricks and mortar stores and its e-commerce site. Recent research by both the Consumerist and Consumer Reports gave Best Buy among their lowest rankings. According to Consumer Report’s December 2010 electronics store ratings, Best Buy ranked as the third-worst bricks and mortar store, and BestBuy.com was designated as the worst online store. Best Buy has disappointed Wall Street recently by missing earnings forecasts. Its shares are down more than 10% during the last year, which is below the DJIA and stocks in its peer group.

Just keep up your animosity for the customer and they'll keep using Amazon. Don't worry though, if things continue the way they're going you won't have to worry about dealing with the customers too much longer.

I tried to price match TRU at BB the other day on W@W. The internet on the computer was down so she called someone in the back?. She literally took like 10 secs and said sry its out of stock at TRU and she couldnt price match it. I pull up the site on my phone and show her it says in stock at the TRU across the street. Her response: "Sry I go by what our computer says".

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back