Best Buy Trade-in Thread: 50% Bonus with Pre-order of Rage or NBA 2K12, 9/25-10/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bh47

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
!!! Promotions available in stores only, and they DO NOT stack !!!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.

Current Promos:

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer valid 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expires 10/01/2011

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

:bomb: The values in the Lists do not match the values in the Estimator. What's up with that?
I don't know. It seems the Lists are usually updated on Sundays, and the TIVs are adjusted to reflect the List in a few days. But as trades are made, the TIVs may change and the Lists are not updated frequently. Again, check the Estimator for latest TIV.

The promo says "Trade 2..." or "Trade 3..." but I only want to trade 1 game, will I still get $x amount?
You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. The promo is titled "Trade 2" etc to make the giftcards sound more lucrative.

The 2 games I want to trade are worth more than $60 combined according to the Estimator. Does that mean I will only get $60 for the 2 games?
No. You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. For example, if your total according to the Estimator is $70, you will get a $70 giftcard.

:bomb: If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as you ship it before the "Ship by" date "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value" (as of 5/2), and your games are received in the condition you declared.

How long do I have after I lock in a trade online before I have to ship it?
30 days. Has been recently changed to "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value".

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
According to BB: "We will not accept more than 3 games of the same title and platform from a customer (or address) in a year. Please do not submit more than the limit as excess submissions WILL NOT BE RETURNED." Example, you can trade 3 copies of Portal 2 for PS3 and 3 copies of Portal 2 for x360 without problems. Some people have been banned from trade-ins at BB due to the violation of this policy. If you plan on trading more than 3 copies of a game per platform by doing it through various stores, you do so at your own risk and discretion.

:bomb: Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
BB used to be strict about complete copies, but this has changed, and ppl are trading games in store without manuals or cover sleeve for full TIV. If you trade online it's sometimes YMMV. I would advise you to send in complete games (case, disc, manual) since some ppl are reporting only getting 50% of the locked TIV.

I see people talking about getting Amazon giftcards by trading at Best Buy. How are they doing that?
Some Best Buys sell Kindle giftcards which can be used on Amazon.com like regular Amazon giftcards. You will not get the Kindle card with your trade, but you can buy them with your BB giftcard.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
According to BB's own FAQ:
Q: Is trade-in limited to items I bought at Best Buy?
A: No.

I don't know why this happens, but apparently some stores do not have their system setup to take non-BB purchased items at this time. Check the link above regarding stores that do video games trade-ins first.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ragingst0rm6']Who was at the Santana Row store trading in copies of Two Worlds 2 yesterday? I was just there and the Trade-in Supervisor denied me on the trade-in due to a number of reasons (which fluctuated from one to another during the conversation)....

1) they don't accept games with no manuals,
2) they don't accept games in a generic black case (even though it still had the cover art),
3) they don't accept "Pre-Owned" games at all; they only accept games that were bought "New"

^ Of course, none of this was in the Trade-In Policy, but the Supervisor gave me some "new policy" bs. The employees and the Supervisor seemed to know about the flip; the Supervisor even asked me if I was the same guy who came in yesterday with Two Worlds 2.

Oh well, I'll just try again tomorrow if the values hold; otherwise I'll just try the online route or return the games to GS.[/QUOTE]

that's why I do online. it's not worth the hassle man with some CSR's.

[quote name='io'] I just wanted to rush out really quickly and do a few trades [/QUOTE]

I've only been at this for a few months, but one bit of advice that I'm sure we all know about doing these kinds of deals is that you can never be in a hurry or under a time constraint. There are so many variables in play that could go wrong -- plus even a flawless trade in is going to take ~20-30 minutes.

I'm sure you know this, but we've all done this where we try and sneak in real quick. Obviously it seems like the intelligence of the CSR you are dealing with is inversely proportional to the amount of time you have.

[quote name='imacgod']Whoops. Forgot to lock in my trades online. Suddenly my pickup orders at GameStop seem silly...

Fight Night Champion, Dead Space 2, and Crysis 2 are however still $35 each thanks to the EA sale at GameStop and still getting $30 through Best Buy. Not as excellent as Two Worlds II but still profitable.[/QUOTE]

GS was so frustrating about the EA stuff. Like, apparently 47 = 35 in GS land. I kept trying to explain that the price was going up for some reason and that they could override it if the mgr said OK and all I was trying to ask is if they could override it or not. I was like, I don't care either way, just please tell me if you can or cannot and they just kept saying "you got the cheapest one for free"

[quote name='Donut2922']that's why I do online. it's not worth the hassle man with some CSR's.[/QUOTE]

waiting a month isnt as easy as waiting 30min-1hour

[quote name='DudeImGodly']waiting a month isnt as easy as waiting 30min-1hour[/QUOTE]

That's how kids, the poor, and criminals think...not saying you ae any of those :)

[quote name='Donut2922']that's why I do online. it's not worth the hassle man with some CSR's.[/QUOTE]

Yea, in-store trade-ins take SO LONG, but I'm just a little worried about the online trade-in process, especially since 2 of my copies of Two Worlds 2 do NOT include the manual (but they have the original cases/cover art). I reviewed the BB Trade-In FAQ (which doesn't mention anything about incomplete games), but I also know that a while back CAGs were sending in incomplete games and getting only 50% of the TIV.

EDIT: I actually just noticed that in my confirmation email there is a section with Condition ("Playable") and Original Case and Artwork ("Complete"). Sneaky!

Follow-up Question #1: Did those CAGs manage to get the other 50% after calling/emailing BestBuy/DealTree?

Follow-up Question #2: Have any CAGs tried sending in incomplete games recently (say, within the last 2-3 weeks), and did they receive the full TIV or just 50%? EDIT #2: Haha, apparently getting a gift card from DealTree takes a while. Let's change the question to: When was the last time you traded in an incomplete game through the online Best Buy method and received the full TIV? (and, what part of the game was missing?)

Question #3: With UPS, should I look for a box or is a standard bubble mailer good enough for 3 :360: games?

I sent in games folded up in printer paper protected with cardboard and a bubble mailer. I did have to contact them to get the missing 50%, but my most recently verified games were accepted at 100% no problems.

I sent in games folded up in printer paper protected with cardboard and a bubble mailer. I did have to contact them to get the missing 50%, but my most recently verified games were accepted at 100% no problems.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']after calling/emailing BestBuy/DealTree?

Follow-up Question #2: Have any CAGs tried sending in incomplete games recently (say, within the last 2-3 weeks), and did they receive the full TIV or just 50%?
[/QUOTE]

LOL...obviously you don't use their service...things don't get processed in 2 weeks!:lol:

yeah. i think i was one of the few that got 50% for disks only, i emailed them and said it was 'playable' and they gave me the full amount. dealtree is alright in my book. and the two times iv been under giftcarded, they have made right. so its all good.
also my bestbuy will take as many as you want to give of game/system as long as it's 2 per day, i spread them out and they could care less. lock them in to be safe tho always before purchase ;)

[quote name='DudeImGodly']waiting a month isnt as easy as waiting 30min-1hour[/QUOTE]
:applause: Unless there's some sort of code to give a trade-in bump for sending stuff in to some processing center ala DealTree/Best Buy or Amazon/NorAm and their online trade processing, then I'd prefer to spend the time in store to get the trades done and get that credit NOW.

it actually is if you shop at BB often enough. For me, I do. So getting gift cards for trade-ins i did last month (i.e. FFXIII) works out fine from a cash flow perspective. Trading in all those games in-store take too long in my opinion. The more we do it in-store, the more you run into long customer wait lines, new employees to trade-in's etc. etc.

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']

Follow-up Question #1: Did those CAGs manage to get the other 50% after calling/emailing BestBuy/DealTree?

Follow-up Question #2: Have any CAGs tried sending in incomplete games recently (say, within the last 2-3 weeks), and did they receive the full TIV or just 50%?

Question #3: With UPS, should I look for a box or is a standard bubble mailer good enough for 3 :360: games?[/QUOTE]

1. Always traded my games complete. I've been lucky so far getting GoHastings, AWD, and GS games complete. For GS, I always check them while they ring me up and ask for them to look for a complete copy whenever I'm right there.

2. Yeah I remember a few people reporting 50% TIV's but it wasn't that many. I think it's very seldom that it happens but this whole BB trade in is new for most of us like you and I.

3. Depends on what you have. The bubble mailers I have fit 3 games if you carefully pack it in right so that's easier to manage then a box.

[quote name='ninjabenja']He then wrote down the transaction number and said my trade ins are accepted and locked in, they will just have to wait until the system is back up to finish.
Of course they still have time to screw up everything when I go back in later this weekend, and then I'll resort to mailing them as I also locked in the prices earlier today as I had a feeling their would be issues in store.[/QUOTE]

WTF!? Had I known that was even possible I would have made sure to get that info. I wonder if they can just look it up by name or phone number. I guess I can try calling tomorrow though I sort of dread having to explain all that over the phone. However, I'd love to finish off that transaction instead of dealing with the mail-in. That sounds pretty iffy from everything I've read here too. Note that I used to do the Dealtree trade-ins (for cash) about a year ago. But I haven't used them since then. I deal with Amazon (fast but picky and rejects things for no reason) and Gazelle (slow but always comes through but with pretty bad prices for a while now). But, in any case, I do have everything locked in online. On Brink, I have an Amazon trade locked in (and by the way it is still $30 there as I type this) so I will just go with that. I might as well cut out the middle-man since I'd probably just convert that BB credit to Amazon credit anyway. And at least with the Amazon trade-in I know exactly how long I have to play the game (just have to mail it out by next Friday or even later if the value holds and I can re-do the trade-in in a few days). With Two Worlds II I'll have to mail 'em in to Dealtree though.

[quote name='DerClaw']I've only been at this for a few months, but one bit of advice that I'm sure we all know about doing these kinds of deals is that you can never be in a hurry or under a time constraint. There are so many variables in play that could go wrong -- plus even a flawless trade in is going to take ~20-30 minutes.

I'm sure you know this, but we've all done this where we try and sneak in real quick. Obviously it seems like the intelligence of the CSR you are dealing with is inversely proportional to the amount of time you have.[/QUOTE]

Well, actually, with my test run on Thursday night I had my wife and kids waiting in the car while I ran in to Best Buy really quickly to trade one game. And guess what? It only took about TWO MINUTES TOTAL. Yeah, so I guess that was just a fluke experience or beginner's luck ;).

And for all the heat Gamestop gets on CAG, you have to give them credit where credit is due. Trading games there is an absolute breeze compared to just about anywhere else. I've probably made 100's of trades at GS over the last few years (and EB before that). Never once has the system been down or glitched like it was on just my 2nd attempt at Best Buy. And even rookie GS clerks can usually get the trade done with minimal fuss.

[quote name='karatebear']On an unrelated note, I was just checking the BBY trade in page and saw that my local Best Buy was finally added to the accepting trade ins page...:whistle2:s...:whistle2:k...\\:D/.[/QUOTE]

Don't go by the online site. Call the store and ask if they accept trades in-store. The two stores where I have done in-store trades still are NOT on the website.

[quote name='io'] They had some wacky device that looks like it took fingerprints, blood samples, etc ;). None of that stuff is required here for trades, but whatever.[/QUOTE]

Fingerprints aren't required here either, at least not at Gamestop, but they made me get my thumbprint scanned. And if you look closely at the device, it has a camera lens so they probably got my pic without me ever knowing. Finally had to do an electronic signature and also sign a paper receipt:roll:

[quote name='rbarba4']
Fingerprints aren't required here either, at least not at Gamestop, but they made me get my thumbprint scanned. And if you look closely at the device, it has a camera lens so they probably got my pic without me ever knowing. Finally had to do an electronic signature and also sign a paper receipt:roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess they just have the same contraption set up everywhere that covers all the possible pawn laws. At least the one good thing with not having the trade-in work was that I didn't have to deal with that machine ;).

[quote name='AFeils']Went to best buy store with 3 copies of two worlds 2 and the price was 30 as of 8:30 central time. Howeve, the trade in system is down for maintenece or down in general. [highlight]The lady personally garenteed if the price drops tommorow she will give me a gift card for the difference[/highlight]. She was a manager so I doubt this applies to all stores. Hopefully she cones through if the price drops.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sassylaurie'] I asked if the floor manager could write the values down for me. She did. I asked then if they would honor those TIV's even if the values changed, and [highlight]she said to come in after 7:30pm tomorrow - she would be working and would take care of it[/highlight].[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Best buy video game trading was down when i wnet in store but the workers were [highlight]nice enough to make me a gift card anyways[/highlight].[/QUOTE]

I finally had some time to read back a few pages to see all the issues Friday night and I'm even more pissed then when I first got home. I had two idiots (CS clerk and store manager) just give me blank stares after they failed to get it to work after 45 minutes or so. I can't believe they couldn't come up with one of these solutions and even went so far as to say there was no way to honor prices if they changed.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I would expect we will be able to buy TWII back for $14.99 in about 3 months:) I heard it starts slow and the voice acting is BAD but after awhile it is supposed to get decent...might try it then.[/QUOTE]

Hah, well, I can certainly vouch for the first two parts of that (starts slow and bad voice acting) but not the part about it getting decent. I put in about 1 1/2 hours last night and will try it a bit more tonight. I hope it does get better as I won't be able to play it much longer if it stays like it is...

[quote name='io']Hah, well, I can certainly vouch for the first two parts of that (starts slow and bad voice acting) but not the part about it getting decent. I put in about 1 1/2 hours last night and will try it a bit more tonight. I hope it does get better as I won't be able to play it much longer if it stays like it is...[/QUOTE]

It's suppose to be a great co-op game. Problem is convincing your friends to give it a try.

I still have the first TW that I grabbed at a BBV sale sitting in my backlog. Think I paid 3 for it.

[quote name='io']

What a fucking nightmare. It was so easy when I traded yesterday and today it was horrible. It is my wife's birthday and I just wanted to rush out really quickly and do a few trades - turned into a much longer expedition than I planned. I'm not happy, she's pissed, and I dislike Best Buy with a passion now :bomb:.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like my experience Thursday. I hadn't even planned on flipping from GS to Best Buy, but I couldn't find a third game to pair with Time Crisis Razing Storm and a used Sharpshooter ($29.99), so I picked up a PS3 Two Worlds II, since I had read here that it was worth $30 at BB. I ended up trading that TW2, and besides the wait, it wasn't that bad of an experience. The CS guy seemed to know what he was doing, and I got my $30 GC, which I ended up using on an open box Sharpshooter ($29.99).

Went home, and read more about what other games to pick up (Fable, Brink PS3/360, TW2 PS3/360), planned out a trip to hit up about 2 or 3 stores that had most of those. Ended up with 2 Fables, 2 Brink 360, 2 Brink PS3, and 2 TW2 PS3/360. Got to the same Best Buy about 4 hours after leaving originally. Same CS guy, but this time, after seeing the games I was bringing in, he started giving me crap. He asked if I had traded in multiple games before, and I told him that I traded in 1 copy of a game with him earlier. For some reason, he couldn't remember clearly.

I said the website said 3 per title per platform and after talking multiple times over the radio with other associates, he repeated back that policy, but said they'd only take 3 total, so I ended up keeping a Brink PS3. He said they would do the trade in this time, but I should understand that it seems shady. I told him I had the receipts for the games if he wanted to see them. I waited over an hour for the trade to get done because they kept going back and forth and he'd help other customers while in the middle of my transaction. I felt like they were trying to make me feel like a criminal, and I got my $210 GC, and started walking around. I heard the fat black video game guy talking shit about me to another worker while I was walking around.

So Friday, I ended up rounding up another copy of Brink PS3, Brink 360, and 2x TW2 360. Paired it with the Brink PS3 I wasn't allowed to trade in Thursday to another store. The trade went a lot smoother, although a lady came up and tried to say that only 1 copy of each game. I had told the CSR I was dealing with the policy on the website, and she verified it on her screen before the lady came up, and the CSR pointed it out on the screen to the lady, which shut her up.

Bonus, this store had preowned copies of PS3 MvC3FoTW, PS3 Killzone 3, Wii NSMB, and PS3 Sly Collection. I brought up MvC3 and the @gamer magazine. Said I wanted to use the coupon, she scanned the magazine and the coupon, so I paid $20 for it and $5 for the magazine. I asked if I could use the coupon again (knowing that it would scan and work) and she said she didn't think so but I could try. Made the mistake of tearing out the coupon in my car, and bringing it back in. Picked up Killzone 3, paid $20 for it, but this time she kept the coupon and tossed it. Otherwise, I would've gone back for NSMB and the Sly Collection, which would've been $20 and $12.50. Didn't wanna push my luck, so I just left being happy with what I had.

Traded in two copies of TW2 (one PS3, one 360) yesterday. System was down here like everywhere else. I have to hand it to the CSR though. He was persistent and apologized profusely. He finally got the manager to do an override and give me a gift card. He also wrote the trade-in agreement by hand on a piece of paper for me to sign. I felt kinda bad for the guy since he was clearly getting frustrated at not being able to do his job properly for me. Annoying to have to wait a half hour to make the trade-in happen but I was pleased with the enthusiasm of the CSR.

[quote name='DerClaw']plus even a flawless trade in is going to take ~20-30 minutes.
[/QUOTE]

My first trade-in at Best Buy took about 10-15 minutes. This was when it was brand new at Best Buy and neither of the employees had ever done a trade-in before. Every trade since then I've been in and out in 5 minutes.

Trade in value for brink and twt have gone down.

Brink = $20
twt = $15

If you can find Bulletstorm, dead space 2, and crysis 2 for cheap they still trade in for $30 a piece.

[quote name='lukewin']I heard the fat black video game guy talking shit about me to another worker while I was walking around.[/QUOTE]

You stay classy San Diego.

Im headed to bb now I was promised that if the tiv's dropped they would still honor them since there system was down, i will let you guys know how it goes

[quote name='DerClaw']GS was so frustrating about the EA stuff. Like, apparently 47 = 35 in GS land. I kept trying to explain that the price was going up for some reason and that they could override it if the mgr said OK and all I was trying to ask is if they could override it or not. I was like, I don't care either way, just please tell me if you can or cannot and they just kept saying "you got the cheapest one for free"[/QUOTE]

I see the problem. $34.99 is the online only price. I tried to setup a pick up for one of those EA games, but they say they are $47.99 in-store. And from what I hear here, GameStop does not price match their own website unless your sales person is really nice.

Well, I guess this just saved me money and a trip! Thanks, GameStop! :applause:

They've done this before. Normally when you search for the game, however, there should a little "online only" label above the price. Don't see it this time.

EDIT: WTF? The deal is stated in their weekly ad! Yet for some reason the sale is on online only even for the new games. Even weirder, the small print says: "Some offers not valid on Gamestop.com or EBgames.com." Notice there is nothing about these prices being invalid in-store... While they do list the new games' prices online (click the link, it'll show only the new games' prices), maybe you can argue for the used ones since they are on the website and the ad does not specify which is on sale. I'm not sure it's worth the time myself though, and from my experience, GameStop isn't into the price matching business unless the manager really wants your money.

EDIT2: Read in the GameStop B2G1 thread that when they scan 2 EA games, the sale prices go in effect. When they scan the third, the sale price gets overridden by the B2G1 sale. Weirder and weirder...

I guess back to my original statement: I'm going to not spend money today... :)

I had a problem trading in last night too.

They couldn't scan the GC in b/c the system wasn't connecting to the server. The floor manager came over and promised to give me a GC of any price difference in case TIV goes down Sunday.

[quote name='imacgod']I see the problem. $34.99 is the online only price. I tried to setup a pick up for one of those EA games, but they say they are $47.99 in-store. And from what I hear here, GameStop does not price match their own website unless your sales person is really nice.

Well, I guess this just saved me money and a trip! Thanks, GameStop! :applause:

They've done this before. Normally when you search for the game, however, there should a little "online only" label above the price. Don't see it this time.

EDIT: WTF? The deal is stated in their weekly ad! Yet for some reason the sale is on online only even for the new games. Even weirder, the small print says: "Some offers not valid on Gamestop.com or EBgames.com." Notice there is nothing about these prices being invalid in-store... While they do list the new games' prices online (click the link, it'll show only the new games' prices), maybe you can argue for the used ones since they are on the website and the ad does not specify which is on sale. I'm not sure it's worth the time myself though, and from my experience, GameStop isn't into the price matching business unless the manager really wants your money.[/QUOTE]

The EA games are $34.99 each in store - you just can't use them in the B2G1 deal because that would be using 2 promtions (EA deal + B2G1) - you could buy 2 of the EA games and get each one for $34.99 but once you add another game for the B2G1 the prices jump up to $47.99 for the EA games

[quote name='bredbu']Bb trade in is still not working at my local store so don't waste your time[/QUOTE]

just traded in 2 games for $60 a few days ago. Unless something changed?

[quote name='dino88']My first trade-in at Best Buy took about 10-15 minutes. This was when it was brand new at Best Buy and neither of the employees had ever done a trade-in before. Every trade since then I've been in and out in 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

It depends on the laws of the city. One Best Buy near me takes 5 minutes because you don't have to do the fingerprinting, pictures, etc..., the other one takes longer because they have to go through all that.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']just traded in 2 games for $60 a few days ago. Unless something changed?[/QUOTE]

It changed its been doewn since last night

I am not sure if some of you have tried this but it may be a work around the in store EA problem with the B2G1. As long as you think you will get your games within 7 days from Game Stop you could buy 3 games (Crysis 2, Bulletstorm, Portal 2) online for the cheapest amount. You could then buy the same 3 games at the store and trade those games into BB for $90. When you received the games from the online store you could then just return them using your in store receipt. Depending on your tax you should net $17-20.

[quote name='bredbu']Bb trade in is still not working at my local store so don't waste your time[/QUOTE]

Maybe they are just leaving it down until the b2g1 sale is over.

I think it's gonna be down until tomorrow when the new TIV's are out there....

damn, I'm kinda expecting TIV's to drop like a rock across the board for next week.

Just when I decide to give Best Buy a chance they pull a BS stunt like this and screw over those that want to trade in their games. Back to Amazon everyone.

Ugh just had a terrible experience too yesterday! Attempted to trade my last copy of TW2 at two locations and they said the system wasnt loading so had to come another time. I asked if I would still get the same TIV and they said yes. They gave me a printed form that had a customers signature, will that guarantee I'll get the $30 no matter what?

[quote name='sasuke543']Also I heard heard that amazon kindle gc are purchasable at BB? Can you redeem those to your amazon balance?[/QUOTE]

yes.

[quote name='wargod']Just when I decide to give Best Buy a chance they pull a BS stunt like this and screw over those that want to trade in their games. Back to Amazon everyone.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure that their gift card printing system being down is "pull a BS stunt'. Plenty of people traded in a lot of games up until last night.

I love how everyone thinks everything is a conspiracy theory on this board when things don't go their way.

[quote name='Staraang21']Traded in two copies of TW2 (one PS3, one 360) yesterday. System was down here like everywhere else. I have to hand it to the CSR though. He was persistent and apologized profusely. He finally got the manager to do an override and give me a gift card. He also wrote the trade-in agreement by hand on a piece of paper for me to sign. I felt kinda bad for the guy since he was clearly getting frustrated at not being able to do his job properly for me. Annoying to have to wait a half hour to make the trade-in happen but I was pleased with the enthusiasm of the CSR.[/QUOTE]

How exactly does a manager do this? Is it the same as a Pricematch, where they issue you a gift card but manually adjust the price on it down to like 1 cent or something?

[quote name='wargod']Just when I decide to give Best Buy a chance they pull a BS stunt like this and screw over those that want to trade in their games. Back to Amazon everyone.[/QUOTE]

Except Amazon started a new tiered trade program that lets them "evaluate" the condition of our stuff (Like New > Good > Acceptable). People are sending in "Like New" stuff and getting the "Acceptable" value for it. If you read recent posts in the Amazon trade thread, there's a lot of biatching going on...

The worst case so far: Someone sent in a "Like New", Amazon rated as "Damaged", sends him back a cracked disc.

You're ridiculous.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am not sure if some of you have tried this but it may be a work around the in store EA problem with the B2G1. As long as you think you will get your games within 7 days from Game Stop you could buy 3 games (Crysis 2, Bulletstorm, Portal 2) online for the cheapest amount. You could then buy the same 3 games at the store and trade those games into BB for $90. When you received the games from the online store you could then just return them using your in store receipt. Depending on your tax you should net $17-20.[/QUOTE]

To much work to net $20 bucks. To many variables.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']To much work to net $20 bucks. To many variables.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am not doing it myself but it is logically sound I guess:lol:.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah I am not doing it myself but it is logically sound I guess:lol:.[/QUOTE]

the only problem would be if the ones you got from online were different in completeness from the ones you got in store. And you run into the same clerk who happened to remember you bought two copies of whatever complete.

Awkward.

[quote name='confoosious']the only problem would be if the ones you got from online were different in completeness from the ones you got in store. And you run into the same clerk who happened to remember you bought two copies of whatever complete.

Awkward.[/QUOTE]

This is why I usually just go to a different GS when I return stuff...they are like Starbucks where I live:D.

[quote name='aznhero913']Has anyone else made trade-in's work today at BB?[/QUOTE]

I called BB and they said that since the problem was that they could not get the GC to fund, and they have been able to sell GCs today, that the problem is fixed. They refuse to call the number they called last night to check, though, so I feel like there is a 50/50 chance at it working. Was thinking of coming here and asking the same question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back