Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great deal, provided Best Buy follows through on their end. I've placed exactly two preorders with Best Buy this year for $20 gift certificate incentives (Mass Effect 3 and Assassin's Creed 3), and Best Buy screwed up both of them.

Good luck to you guys!

I PMed Black Ops II for $49.99 from TRU and my 1000 bonus points appeared on that transaction and not my original transaction. Just thought it was weird but I'm glad they are pending as my reward zone card was never scanned in either transaction but some how they both appeared on my history.

My 1000 is showing for BO2. I am not at 1471 banked and another 2884 pending. I have already redeemed 12,750 points ($255) this year from these promos and trading to BBY.

Hmm...Strange I went to PM my copies of BOII with TRU save $30 on 2 deal.I bought the Care Package and the standard copy of the game I paid for it with $170 in Certificates and $70 CG might I add in true CAG style but anyway when CS went to PM it for me they kept saying it appeared to be going thru but when it got to the end of the process it wouldnt show them the $30 refunding to my giftcard .So then the manager came over and just rung it thru as an exchange on the Care Package knocking the price down to $149 and refunding the $30 that way but how come when I log into myrz it says I have a Returned Certificate Adjustment of 11642 could this be the return they were seeing? and if so will the points stay there? I'm A pretty honest guy but I hate to say if those points are still there monday they might be good as used. just wanted to throw this out there and see what you guys think

[quote name='cancerman1120']My 1000 is showing for BO2. I am not at 1471 banked and another 2884 pending. I have already redeemed 12,750 points ($255) this year from these promos and trading to BBY.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting all that useful info. :lol:

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Thanks for posting all that useful info. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well that would be in line with about 90% of this thread so I thought why not. :lol:

BO2 points are pending. They swapped it today because i checked earlier this morning and the transaction was posted but not the points.

nice, my 1000 points have just posted as pending for BO2. I had a question though. I singed up for the unlocked the day before Borderlands 2 was coming out and have yet to receive the welcome pack or any issues of the GAMER magazine. How long does it normally take or should i contact Best Buy CS?

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']nice, my 1000 points have just posted as pending for BO2. I had a question though. I singed up for the unlocked the day before Borderlands 2 was coming out and have yet to receive the welcome pack or any issues of the GAMER magazine. How long does it normally take or should i contact Best Buy CS?[/QUOTE]Usually takes 6-8 weeks. Give it time.

But my points for Black Ops 2 just posted tonight. So woohoo!

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Little off topic, but has anybody received their $5 RWZ cert for signing up for shutterfly?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jcp42877']I'd like to know this as well...it said a code would be emailed about 7 days after the sign up, but I still don't see anything.[/QUOTE]

I think I was the OP for that one and no I still haven't received my points yet.

I tried to get a PM Toys R Us (Save $30 on two) on my Halo 4 and Black Ops II Purchase, however, I was shoot down. CS lady told me I could only get the 49.99 for Black Ops II. Anyone got any tips how to approach the situation. This is the first time I have not gotten a PM.

[quote name='xXI SPECTER IXx']I tried to get a PM Toys R Us (Save $30 on two) on my Halo 4 and Black Ops II Purchase, however, I was shoot down. CS lady told me I could only get the 49.99 for Black Ops II. Anyone got any tips how to approach the situation. This is the first time I have not gotten a PM.[/QUOTE]If I were you, I'd cut your losses and take the $49.99 PM. It's likely the best price you'll get for either game for a while, and the sale ends today.

[quote name='xXI SPECTER IXx']I tried to get a PM Toys R Us (Save $30 on two) on my Halo 4 and Black Ops II Purchase, however, I was shoot down. CS lady told me I could only get the 49.99 for Black Ops II. Anyone got any tips how to approach the situation. This is the first time I have not gotten a PM.[/QUOTE]

See if you can speak to a manager about it

The CS workers are hit and miss, either theyll do it without question or theyll stonewall like crazy

The Managers always dont give me any hassle

This morning when I checked my account I had 120 points posted and 2,530 pending (1,000 from Halo 4 and 1,000 from Black Ops 2). I just checked my account a few minutes ago and I still had 120 points posted but I only have 1,530 points pending. Where in the hell did the other 1,000 pending points go? Has anyone else seen this happen. I haven't PM'd either game or anything like that. The strange thing though is that when you look at the purchase of both games they still list the 1,000 pending bonus points under the individual transactions.

[quote name='bige562']This morning when I checked my account I had 120 points posted and 2,530 pending (1,000 from Halo 4 and 1,000 from Black Ops 2). I just checked my account a few minutes ago and I still had 120 points posted but I only have 1,530 points pending. Where in the hell did the other 1,000 pending points go? Has anyone else seen this happen. I haven't PM'd either game or anything like that. The strange thing though is that when you look at the purchase of both games they still list the 1,000 pending bonus points under the individual transactions.[/QUOTE]

What do you have set as your point requirement to issue a certificate?

I've had this happen to me before where as soon as points were posted, a certificate is automatically generated using those points, however there is no record of that certificate being issued until it actually posted to my account another 1-2 days later.

After seeing this happen a few times on my account, I went back ant set the limit to the highest setting it could be at to automatically generate a certificate, and now i just redeem the points in the denomination of my choosing when I want to redeem them.

[quote name='bige562']This morning when I checked my account I had 120 points posted and 2,530 pending (1,000 from Halo 4 and 1,000 from Black Ops 2). I just checked my account a few minutes ago and I still had 120 points posted but I only have 1,530 points pending. Where in the hell did the other 1,000 pending points go? Has anyone else seen this happen. I haven't PM'd either game or anything like that. The strange thing though is that when you look at the purchase of both games they still list the 1,000 pending bonus points under the individual transactions.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to my Black Ops 2 points, they were pending yesterday but now they're not. This has happened to me before though and the points always start pending again eventually so no need to worry.

[quote name='strawyleader997']My fucking ebay account got suspended for a year for listing the black ops 2 preorder code.[/QUOTE]

Damn a year!? How many listings for dlc have they removed in the past?

[quote name='strawyleader997']My fucking ebay account got suspended for a year for listing the black ops 2 preorder code.[/QUOTE]

How many listings have you had removed?

This may have been discussed, but if I need to return a game but already used the $20 certificate, how does the system process that? Will it take $20 off the return price or give me -1000 points in my reward zone account? Even at a $20 loss, Dishonored is still cheaper on BF at $25 than full price ... anyone know how the system handles that?

[quote name='etcrane']This may have been discussed, but if I need to return a game but already used the $20 certificate, how does the system process that? Will it take $20 off the return price or give me -1000 points in my reward zone account? Even at a $20 loss, Dishonored is still cheaper on BF at $25 than full price ... anyone know how the system handles that?[/QUOTE]

Previous posts seem to imply it will be the -1000 pts.

[quote name='etcrane']This may have been discussed, but if I need to return a game but already used the $20 certificate, how does the system process that? Will it take $20 off the return price or give me -1000 points in my reward zone account? Even at a $20 loss, Dishonored is still cheaper on BF at $25 than full price ... anyone know how the system handles that?[/QUOTE]

I plan to pick up a copy to return to GS since I'm still in the return window.

[quote name='thelwig14']How many listings have you had removed?[/QUOTE]

I've only had 3 removed in the past and I just got off a week long suspension for listing the medal of honor pre-order dlc. Since I don't have xbox live that's the only way to sell them and get good money for them.

[quote name='strawyleader997']I've only had 3 removed in the past and I just got off a week long suspension for listing the medal of honor pre-order dlc. Since I don't have xbox live that's the only way to sell them and get good money for them.[/QUOTE]

that's the same thing that happened to me. 3 pulled, then week suspension...just ended. that's scary - don't want to lose my account.

it's BS...i specifically said i would be mailing the code on the last one and it still got pulled.

I had my Black Ops Quadrotor removed last week, looks like they are really cracking down on DLC sales, either that or Treyarch are submitting complaints for all the DLC they find. I think offering DLC as an auction is now a non starter as it gives ppl too much time to issue complaints. If I list any going forward I'm going to use realistic buy it now only. I had a Longgg conversation with their customer service to complain about my listings being removed, they basically said electronic delivery is a no, no, so any mention of email will get the listing yanked. But my BlackOps said free delivery without any mention of how the item would be transmitted.

[quote name='stoned99']I had my Black Ops Quadrotor removed last week, looks like they are really cracking down on DLC sales, either that or Treyarch are submitting complaints for all the DLC they find. I think offering DLC as an auction is now a non starter as it gives ppl too much time to issue complaints. If I list any going forward I'm going to use realistic buy it now only. I had a Longgg conversation with their customer service to complain about my listings being removed, they basically said electronic delivery is a no, no, so any mention of email will get the listing yanked. But my BlackOps said free delivery without any mention of how the item would be transmitted.[/QUOTE]
My Halo 4 pre-order code auction from last week specifically said the code would be sent via normal mail, and they STILL pulled it :(

Best part was the email they sent me explaining how I MUST ship an item. WTF?!?!

In my dlc auctions I say that I can either mail it or email it. I've sold a lot of dlc codes recently and only 2 got pulled. Good thing I sold my $120 halo 4 forerunner dlc a week ago.

Dang I'm surprised so many ppls listings are getting pulled. I just recently sold my FOTUS armor DLC (first time eBay seller) and I even called eBay asking why my funds were pending after the auction was over, not knowing I had to deliver first lol. The guy was just like "congratulations on your first eBay listing being sold"

I think it's specific to Black Ops II DLC. It took like a day or two before even Amazon allowed third parties to list Black Ops II the game itself on the marketplace. Seems to be a big shut down sort of thing. I assume it might be due to some issues they had with regions and codes being sold, etc.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I think it's specific to Black Ops II DLC. It took like a day or two before even Amazon allowed third parties to list Black Ops II the game itself on the marketplace. Seems to be a big shut down sort of thing. I assume it might be due to some issues they had with regions and codes being sold, etc.[/QUOTE]

No. Anytime you refer to a digital item and "email" in a listing anyone can flag it and it gets pulled. eBay is very strict on selling only digital items.

The reason why others aren't being pulled is because they specifically state they will be mailing it out and no mention of email.

The reason so many got taken down is probably due to a couple of sellers wanting to thin the market, so they just reported a bunch of the competition. And given that it is the largest selling game to date this year, the quantity is naturally larger.

I just hate the inconsistency.

The dumbest thing I have ever had pulled was a blu-ray and I stated the Ultraviolet code wasn't used along with a couple dlc codes.

They made me take a tutorial but I haven't had any issues since.

So I'm not the only one who saw my 1,000 bonus points from BLOPS 2 pending a couple days after release, just to have them disappear from the pending total and not be seen since..am I?

I had 240 points and 1,074 pending...and for about 5-6 days now, it's been back to 74 points pending. Yet the Black Ops purchase DOES show the bonus points in the transaction.

Just weird, cause this didn't happen on my Dishonored or RE6 purchases. When the 1,000 showed pending, they stayed there until a couple hrs before they posted in which they would disappear, then be useable.

So I still haven't received my Borderlands 2 $20 certificate. I got in touch with someone from BB unboxed and he issued me a replacement 1000 points. He said it would be available in 1-2 business days. It has now been 4 and it would be nice to be able to use it on BF. Considering this is completely BB's fault, do you think it would be rude to complain again?

[quote name='jcp42877']So I'm not the only one who saw my 1,000 bonus points from BLOPS 2 pending a couple days after release, just to have them disappear from the pending total and not be seen since..am I?

I had 240 points and 1,074 pending...and for about 5-6 days now, it's been back to 74 points pending. Yet the Black Ops purchase DOES show the bonus points in the transaction.

Just weird, cause this didn't happen on my Dishonored or RE6 purchases. When the 1,000 showed pending, they stayed there until a couple hrs before they posted in which they would disappear, then be useable.[/QUOTE]

I am wondering the samething :whistle2:s

[quote name='IamPro']I am wondering the samething :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

My account is the same way, and has been that way for a few days now.

[quote name='ajh2298']My account is the same way, and has been that way for a few days now.[/QUOTE]

I guess it's a normal occurrence now because the same thing happened to me. I had the points on Saturday morning and they were gone by Saturday night. I called customer service on Sunday and they couldn't explain to me what was going on. All they told me is the points would post in 30-35 days.

[quote name='AgentSquishy']So I still haven't received my Borderlands 2 $20 certificate. I got in touch with someone from BB unboxed and he issued me a replacement 1000 points. He said it would be available in 1-2 business days. It has now been 4 and it would be nice to be able to use it on BF. Considering this is completely BB's fault, do you think it would be rude to complain again?[/QUOTE]

I'd call again. Tell them you want to use it to make a purchase.

[quote name='jcp42877']So I'm not the only one who saw my 1,000 bonus points from BLOPS 2 pending a couple days after release, just to have them disappear from the pending total and not be seen since..am I?

Just weird, cause this didn't happen on my Dishonored or RE6 purchases. When the 1,000 showed pending, they stayed there until a couple hrs before they posted in which they would disappear, then be useable.[/QUOTE]

Still shows under the actual transaction so I wouldn't worry. My pending and actual total is always acting up.

Is it true that if you use a gift card or a reward cert to pre-order a game under the GCU promotion, you won't be eligible for the $1000 points? I called customer service (the Reward Zone section to be specific) and they told me that since I had used a gift card to pre-order the game, I won't be eligible for the 1000 points. Only people who pay by cash/credit are eligible... obviously I'm a GCU member. Any truth to this?

Oh, BTW, when u guys call customer service to complain about your missing points, which section/department do u guys talk to? Majority of the Reward Zone reps are foreign and have no clue about Gamer's Club Unlocked OR the 1000 points.

I picked up my BO2 last Friday and checked my points, I opened my earned points and I see this:

Total Points Earned with this transaction 2
  • Purchases 1
  • RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo 1

I don't see "Gamers Club Unlocked Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered Bonus" under my order. I preordered BO2 online with a gift card, and paid the remaining balance by cash (1 dollar)... what gives? Who should I call to ask about my points? Reward Zone reps are clueless.

[quote name='ning726']Is it true that if you use a gift card or a reward cert to pre-order a game under the GCU promotion, you won't be eligible for the $1000 points? I called customer service (the Reward Zone section to be specific) and they told me that since I had used a gift card to pre-order the game, I won't be eligible for the 1000 points. Only people who pay by cash/credit are eligible... obviously I'm a GCU member. Any truth to this?

Oh, BTW, when u guys call customer service to complain about your missing points, which section/department do u guys talk to? Majority of the Reward Zone reps are foreign and have no clue about Gamer's Club Unlocked OR the 1000 points.

I picked up my BO2 last Friday and checked my points, I opened my earned points and I see this:

• Purchases 1

I don't see "Gamers Club Unlocked Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered Bonus" under my order. I preordered BO2 online with a gift card, and paid the remaining balance by cash (1 dollar)... what gives? Who should I call to ask about my points? Reward Zone reps are clueless.[/QUOTE]

I paid with a GC in both my pre-order and my pick-up. I have the 1,000 pts pending in my account. Gift Card should not affect it.

[quote name='ning726']Is it true that if you use a gift card or a reward cert to pre-order a game under the GCU promotion, you won't be eligible for the $1000 points? I called customer service (the Reward Zone section to be specific) and they told me that since I had used a gift card to pre-order the game, I won't be eligible for the 1000 points. Only people who pay by cash/credit are eligible... obviously I'm a GCU member. Any truth to this?

• Purchases 1

I don't see "Gamers Club Unlocked Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered Bonus" under my order. I preordered BO2 online with a gift card, and paid the remaining balance by cash (1 dollar)... what gives? Who should I call to ask about my points? Reward Zone reps are clueless.[/QUOTE] I picked up my copy on Friday and still haven't recieve my pt nor my transaction... I'm surprise not alot of cags are reporting if they recieved their points or not...
I tried calling in and the rz rep say bo2 is not qualify for $20 refering to the list Online which of course we all know Black ops2 isn't listed!
Though I Hope we gets them soon; preferbably
before BF :/

I paid complete with Reward Zone Certs and then a Gift Card and mine shows the Victory is Mine pre order bonus. I did reserve the game with cash though, don't know if that made a difference?

• Purchases 1

I don't see "Gamers Club Unlocked Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered Bonus" under my order. I preordered BO2 online with a gift card, and paid the remaining balance by cash (1 dollar)... what gives? Who should I call to ask about my points? Reward Zone reps are clueless.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't make a difference. I've paid preorders for this promo beforehand with gift cards only and received the bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back