Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']It still shows the points if you click on the drop down thing in your purchases and points section.[/QUOTE]

^^He is right, looks like there isn't a problem.. I hope

[quote name='ning726']Is it true that if you use a gift card or a reward cert to pre-order a game under the GCU promotion, you won't be eligible for the $1000 points? I called customer service (the Reward Zone section to be specific) and they told me that since I had used a gift card to pre-order the game, I won't be eligible for the 1000 points. Only people who pay by cash/credit are eligible... obviously I'm a GCU member. Any truth to this?

Oh, BTW, when u guys call customer service to complain about your missing points, which section/department do u guys talk to? Majority of the Reward Zone reps are foreign and have no clue about Gamer's Club Unlocked OR the 1000 points.

I picked up my BO2 last Friday and checked my points, I opened my earned points and I see this:

Total Points Earned with this transaction 2
  • Purchases 1
  • RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo 1

I don't see "Gamers Club Unlocked Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered Bonus" under my order. I preordered BO2 online with a gift card, and paid the remaining balance by cash (1 dollar)... what gives? Who should I call to ask about my points? Reward Zone reps are clueless.[/QUOTE]
False. My points for BLOPS2 have already posted and I only paid with credit.

[quote name='jamesdevil']False. My points for BLOPS2 have already posted and I only paid with credit.[/QUOTE]

Correct - I paid for my Hardened Edition solely w/ Giftcards from Trade-ins and Rz Certs. My points have already posted and been credited.

My points for BLOPS2 havent even shown up. I picked it up early morning release day.

Reward Zone Unlocked, and Silver member

Pre-ordered it on 9/24/12

No one probably cares but now that the end of this promo is almost here, this is how it ended up for me. I only PM'd one item and could have been more agressive pawning off the pre-order bonuses but...

NCAA Football 13: -$60 (Got Platinum)
Craigslist: +$45
Certificate: +$20
Toys 'R Us PM: +$15

+$20

Madden NFL 13: -$60 (Never Opened)
Craigslist: +$55

+$35

Borderlands 2: -$60 (Got Platinum)
Trade-in: +$42

+$37

FIFA Soccer 13: -$60
Trade-in: +$38

+$35

Resident Evil 6: -$60 (Got Platinum)
Trade-In: +$38

+$33

NBA2K13: -$60 (Kept)

-$7

Dishonored: -$60 (Got Platinum)
Trade-In: +$42

-$15

Assassin's Creed 3: -$60 (Got Platinum)
Trade-In: +$42

-$3

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2: -$60 (Kept)

-$43

Far Cry 3 (TBA): -$60

-$83

tl;dr: 10 games will cost, conservatively (and before potential price matches) me about 8 bucks a piece and I'm not counting in credit I already had that I applied so I don't even think in the end I ended up paying much of anything.

Very happy this prom is going in to 2013 as they have pretty much every game on my radar covered. With the way I play games (quick turnaround), this promo lets me game a lot for very little.

My Black Ops points are pending again after going awol for a bit.

[quote name='doc_j88']My points for BLOPS2 havent even shown up. I picked it up early morning release day.

Reward Zone Unlocked, and Silver member

Pre-ordered it on 9/24/12[/QUOTE]

Is your RWZ number attached to your pickup receipt? If not you may have to add it manually.

[quote name='Luxuria']Still have yet to receive the gift card for Halo 4. How long is it supposed to take?[/QUOTE]

taken from the OP:

"When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released."

So Far Cry 3 is looking like a winner. I honestly think this was my most anticipated game (maybe Borderlands 2) and was so sad to see it was pushed from Spet to Dec. Reviews so far are looking good. I have found 1 8.5, 7 9s and 1 9.3 so far. 10 from Eurogamer.

GOTY maybe? At least a candidate it seems.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Luxuria']Still have yet to receive the gift card for Halo 4. How long is it supposed to take?[/QUOTE]

14 days if your silver mine just posted today

Who do y'all call or talk to in order to get the points issued? RW or the gaming department? No one at RW I have talked to knows anything about the 1000 points... they give me the gift card answer.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So Far Cry 3 is looking like a winner. I honestly think this was my most anticipated game (maybe Borderlands 2) and was so sad to see it was pushed from Spet to Dec. Reviews so far are looking good. I have found 1 8.5, 7 9s and 1 9.3 so far. 10 from Eurogamer.

GOTY maybe? At least a candidate it seems.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping I could wait for it and pick it up for cheaper later down the road, but it looks like I wont be able too cause its looking so good so Ill probably preorder it next week

Looking at getting FC3 for the last cert, too. I enjoyed FC2 despite reviews. Hopefully this one fixed everything bad and just made everything good, better!

So anyone gotten their free $5 from signing up for Shutterfly? Getting kind of annoyed by this one that it hasn't posted yet.

I just checked my points online, and saw that I didn't get 1000 applied towards my the preorder of Black Ops 2 (my halo 4 showed 1000 points just fine), not sure if I'm getting ripped on my 20 dollar certificate or not, what can be done to verifiy if I am getting it still or not? Or was it not part of Black Ops 2?

[quote name='HyperG']I just checked my points online, and saw that I didn't get 1000 applied towards my the preorder of Black Ops 2 (my halo 4 showed 1000 points just fine), not sure if I'm getting ripped on my 20 dollar certificate or not, what can be done to verifiy if I am getting it still or not? Or was it not part of Black Ops 2?[/QUOTE]

I have my 1000 points pending. Their site is always acting up though. Did you preorder online or in store?

Finally emailed last night after reading thread still had not got my pts from july and august orders of AC3 or Halo4. Just got email back tonight and 3000pts ($60) in my RZ account. BF here I come.

I finally got my welcome packet from joining back in sept with the coupons yesterday. They expire on 12/31/12. Pretty crappy of them to only give me a month to use them. Still no magazine either.

[quote name='dino88']Does anyone know when BB will start price matching/adjustments? Is it the day after Black Friday or Sunday or Monday or...?[/QUOTE]

Tuesday. The exclusion was supposed to be through cyber monday. Local stores may be just through today but not sure.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Tuesday. The exclusion was supposed to be through cyber monday. Local stores may be just through today but not sure.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. If the Black Ops 2 price at Amazon doesn't stick, I'm sure it will drop again later.

For silver members that got RE6...
Don't forget about the match with the $20 Coupon on the BB Reward Zone site. I got my store to use it (they put it in as a PM since the coupon doesn't ring correctly) for my Archives version (sku is listed on coupon). I got another $10 back (since I PM it prior).

I wasn't sure if everyone saw the new list of $20 games in the ad today. Tomb raider, South Park, grand theft auto, dead island, etc. lots of great games listed.

So is anyone aware of a release day sale for Far Cry 3? Finally got around to preordering it in-store today, and would love for a $44.99 or 42.99 (price after $5 down is taken off) pickup price next Tuesday, á la BLOPS 2/AC3.

[quote name='jcp42877']So is anyone aware of a release day sale for Far Cry 3? Finally got around to preordering it in-store today, and would love for a $44.99 or 42.99 (price after $5 down is taken off) pickup price next Tuesday, á la BLOPS 2/AC3.[/QUOTE]The ads for next week haven't leaked yet, so we'll have to see.

well I finally got my welcome packet and noticed the B2G1 coupon expires at the end of the year, I remember someone mentioned that for 2013 releases we would be able to pay off games completely instead of just the $5 down so my question is could I use the B2G1 coupon to preorder 3 games and pay off the 2 games?

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']well I finally got my welcome packet and noticed the B2G1 coupon expires at the end of the year, I remember someone mentioned that for 2013 releases we would be able to pay off games completely instead of just the $5 down so my question is could I use the B2G1 coupon to preorder 3 games and pay off the 2 games?[/QUOTE]

Wondering the same thing. I love how I got my membership in August and JUST got my "welcome" packet with a few weeks to use it...ugh.

[quote name='KanYozakura']Wondering the same thing. I love how I got my membership in August and JUST got my "welcome" packet with a few weeks to use it...ugh.[/QUOTE]

Just received mine as well. I'll probably end up not even using them. I didn't join for the coupons or the magazine though so I'm not going to let it bother me.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']well I finally got my welcome packet and noticed the B2G1 coupon expires at the end of the year, I remember someone mentioned that for 2013 releases we would be able to pay off games completely instead of just the $5 down so my question is could I use the B2G1 coupon to preorder 3 games and pay off the 2 games?[/QUOTE]
Isn't the B2G1 coupon for games 39.99 and under?

After reading all the reviews for Far Cry 3 since ive played the first one im really anticipating it more than any game xempt dishonored this quarter for games. can not wait!!

What is the welcome packet? I got the gamers unlock.

[quote name='HarajukuJynx']Isn't the B2G1 coupon for games 39.99 and under?[/QUOTE]

well Hurp a Derp I read it quickly and thought it said $39.99 and up but you are right its $39.99 and under, gonna have to see if there are any games I would even be interested in that are under $40

[quote name='The Punisher']What is the welcome packet? I got the gamers unlock.[/QUOTE]

its pretty much just 4 coupons a B2G1 free for new games $39.99 and under, a B2G1 free on any used games, 50% off a strategy guide and 10% off a digital gaming purchase(don't know exactly what that would be). It will take a while to arrive though I became a member in september and just got the packet today

Got my welcome packet today as well, and this was after Mike over at unboxed said he couldnt reissue it because of the wrong address at signup and gave me 50 Dollars in RZ certificates

Win win I guess, although Im stumped at what under 40 dollar games I could do the buy 2 get one free before the end of the year

Also preordered farcry 3 today

Complained about not receiving my borderlands cert. finally got it today. Thank u best buy. $20 right now And $40 coming in from halo and BO2.

Far Cry looks good, but I heard the last one sucked so I'm just going to rent it. Probably won't buy another game till God of War Ascension.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Far Cry looks good, but I heard the last one sucked so I'm just going to rent it. Probably won't buy another game till God of War Ascension.[/QUOTE]Well, based on reviews, you shouldn't judge FC3 by its predecessor.

[quote name='Vigilante']Well, based on reviews, you shouldn't judge FC3 by its predecessor.[/QUOTE]

The map editor looks good and MP has some nice additions, but I have good backlog to get to first.

Just got my points for Black Ops and printed out my certificate. Strangely, my balance says I still have over 1000 pending (which could only be from Black Ops). Has this ever happened to anyone else? Might I score an extra $20? I'm sure its safe to assume that this is an error that will fix itself, but having another reward certificate would be might nice.

[quote name='mpaullin']Just got my points for Black Ops and printed out my certificate. Strangely, my balance says I still have over 1000 pending (which could only be from Black Ops). Has this ever happened to anyone else? Might I score an extra $20? I'm sure its safe to assume that this is an error that will fix itself, but having another reward certificate would be might nice.[/QUOTE]

This has happened to me many times before and my pending point total always goes back to the amount I'm suppose to have. So most likely no extra cert for you.

Well my BLOPS points posted today along with a bluray transaction but they're not able to print yet...don't know why. Most all my points "post" in the early morning, then are useable around 2 PM. for these points, they've been posted since 8 o clock yet are still "pending"...

Not a big deal since I don't plan to be going out again tonight, but still odd.

Just preordered Far Cry 3, one of the things I'm happiest with re: this game is that once you clear out an outpost, it does not repopulate with enemies, that was a nuisance last game. Also, you can then fast-track there. Sounds like they did their research and improved the previous issues.

Unfortunately my backlog is as big as a Kardashian rump. Borderlands 2, X-Com, AC3, Dead Island, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim!

[quote name='DirkDiggler']Just preordered Far Cry 3, one of the things I'm happiest with re: this game is that once you clear out an outpost, it does not repopulate with enemies, that was a nuisance last game. Also, you can then fast-track there. Sounds like they did their research and improved the previous issues.

Unfortunately my backlog is as big as a Kardashian rump. Borderlands 2, X-Com, AC3, Dead Island, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim![/QUOTE]

The enemy respawning issue was the #1 reason I never finished FC2. It was a chore moving around the world. As long as the AI has been redone to allow for stealth play I will be happy. Some of the other small problems from FC2 I could still live with but even those seem to be solved. I hated that as soon as one guy spotted you the entire group made a bee-line for your location.

[quote name='htz']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb5pXSN_BSI&hd=1
It doesn't seem like most CAGs are interested in Far Cry 3 based on the poll. I wasn't either until I saw this really well made trailer, so give 10 minutes to check it out before passing on this title. :)[/QUOTE]

well i would but im broken also my backlog has spawned its own backlog. i think its time i get through those games lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back