Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pts. shouldn't be cleared - they should be pending. You have to wait over 30 days for them to clear usually (outside the return period). Click the arrow button to the right & it will let you know when the pts. clear, noobs! :lol:

[quote name='davisdj']Pts. shouldn't be cleared - they should be pending. You have to wait over 30 days for them to clear usually (outside the return period). Click the arrow button to the right & it will let you know when the pts. clear, noobs! :lol:[/QUOTE]

The points aren't pending either chief. They should still show in the pending totals if they were.

[quote name='slowdive21']The points aren't pending either chief. They should still show in the pending totals if they were.[/QUOTE]

I did say they should be pending, did I not? My comment was to those who said their pts. were pending & not cleared. If your pts. are not pending, call up BB, if you wish to get an answer on why.

If I'm understanding the promotion and what people are stating, there isn't anything wrong with the points here, right? The 1,161 pending points in the bottom right includes the 1k from Madden.
2r2xh6s.jpg

[quote name='Sway']If I'm understanding the promotion and what people are stating, there isn't anything wrong with the points here, right? The 1,161 pending points in the bottom right includes the 1k from Madden.
2r2xh6s.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Correct.

[quote name='slowdive21']If you got an email and paid by CC, you'll be fine. Keep the case number just in case. If you paid by GC, most likely you will have to call back if you no longer have the gc, give the case number, and they will fill out a request to generate a new GC for you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a bunch, I used a giftcard and still have it, I have quite a few of them, not quite sure if it went on there just yet.

[quote name='davisdj']Click the arrow button to the right & it will let you know when the pts. clear[/QUOTE]

While I'm used the the 30 day wait, so I wasn't sweating the points, I was curious as to what this meant. What arrow button? lol

[quote name='Sway']If I'm understanding the promotion and what people are stating, there isn't anything wrong with the points here, right? The 1,161 pending points in the bottom right includes the 1k from Madden.
2r2xh6s.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Assuming the 1000 isnt from other purchases, then that is how it is supposed to look.

My account on the other hand shows the 1000 in the description but I have 48 points and 357 pending. Obviously my 1000 aren't pending yet.

[quote name='slowdive21']Assuming the 1000 isnt from other purchases, then that is how it is supposed to look.

My account on the other hand shows the 1000 in the description but I have 48 points and 357 pending. Obviously my 1000 aren't pending yet.[/QUOTE]

Neither are mine.

[quote name='slowdive21']Assuming the 1000 isnt from other purchases, then that is how it is supposed to look.

My account on the other hand shows the 1000 in the description but I have 48 points and 357 pending. Obviously my 1000 aren't pending yet.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jza1218']Neither are mine.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I'm not gonna sweat it until the 30 day window is up, but it would be nice if since they showed up under the transaction they would show pending. :roll:

[quote name='kellte2']Are the various CEs of the listed games part of the promotion? Specifically, I'm considering the Hardened Edition of Black Ops 2, but it isn't explicitly included within the promotion.

EDIT --

Figured that i would leave the post since others will probably come to ask the same question, but the magic search function revealed that CEs of games on the list are included in the promo.[/QUOTE]
At this time of this writing, I do not see the "$20 Reward Zone Certificates: See How" link on the Black Ops 2 Hardened Edition page.

Can anyone confirm if the Hardened Edition is still in stock and eligible for the gift certificate?

I'd love to know in advance since I can't go to the store until this weekend. Also is the Assassin's Creed 3 steelbook case pre-order still in stock? I want to pre-order Borderlands 2, Black Ops Hardened, and ACIII if everything is still available.

I wouldn't sweat the pending points amount not updating right away. I had a couple purchases from earlier in the week that did the same thing - showed up under my transactions but didn't update the pending points amount. After a day or so it corrected itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
So how long did it take most here to get their $20 or 1000 points? Only want to know because I preordered and will pick up borderlands 2. Im hoping that I can get the points before re6 comes out.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']So how long did it take most here to get their $20 or 1000 points? Only want to know because I preordered and will pick up borderlands 2. Im hoping that I can get the points before re6 comes out.[/QUOTE]
About 30 days

[quote name='Kyden139']I wouldn't sweat the pending points amount not updating right away. I had a couple purchases from earlier in the week that did the same thing - showed up under my transactions but didn't update the pending points amount. After a day or so it corrected itself.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I was just noticing that the Madden transaction is not the only one with points listed that have not updated to the pending amount. Damn their system is screwy :applause:

Finally signed up for Gamer's Club Unlocked! Will preorder Fifa 2012 and Black Ops 2. Thinking about Halo 4 as I think it might get discounted within 30 days and make it an even better deal. I doubt Black Ops 2 would get a discount within 30 days + I'm leaning toward the hardened edition.

[quote name='chibuki']At this time of this writing, I do not see the "$20 Reward Zone Certificates: See How" link on the Black Ops 2 Hardened Edition page.

Can anyone confirm if the Hardened Edition is still in stock and eligible for the gift certificate?

I'd love to know in advance since I can't go to the store until this weekend. Also is the Assassin's Creed 3 steelbook case pre-order still in stock? I want to pre-order Borderlands 2, Black Ops Hardened, and ACIII if everything is still available.[/QUOTE]

My store had a stack of like 50 pre order cards for hardened so I assume they should still have some. Not sure how much it costs though. GameStop made me put 25 down.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']:roll: I read the OP. Not sure if your being serious, or just trolling.[/QUOTE]

Well, not sure if YOU are serious or just trolling:roll:...he replied 30 days and since RE6 comes out on October 2...his answer was as clear as can be

[quote name='inky1600']Well, not sure if YOU are serious or just trolling:roll:...he replied 30 days and since RE6 comes out on October 2...his answer was as clear as can be[/QUOTE]

:booty:Not really. Obviously the time frame between borderlands and ResidentEvil is less than 30 days. I asked to see if some were able to get the points faster than others, or if it took around 30 days for most.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']:roll: I read the OP. Not sure if your being serious, or just trolling.[/QUOTE]

IF you read the OP, you missed something....

"When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released."

Edit: Ah, you clarified your question better, nvm. But yea, I'm pretty sure for MOST, it does actually take the full 30 days, if not a few more.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']:booty:Not really. Obviously the time frame between borderlands and ResidentEvil is less than 30 days. I asked to see if some were able to get the points faster than others, or if it took around 30 days for most.[/QUOTE]

Well some have said they got the points soon after picking up but I don't ever remember anybody specifying that those said points were actually available to use. I just assumed they showed up as pending in their accounts. In my case, all my purchases took between 30 and 35 days to actually become available to use(both base and bonus points) but stranger things have happened, I guess.

about how long does it take to get the buy 2 get 1 free used promo coupon when you sign up for GCUnlocked? Signed up almost a month ago and still haven't gotten anything.

[quote name='jdwyer2009']about how long does it take to get the buy 2 get 1 free used promo coupon when you sign up for GCUnlocked? Signed up almost a month ago and still haven't gotten anything.[/QUOTE]

5-7 weeks if im correct. Took close to 2 months for me.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']5-7 weeks if im correct. Took close to 2 months for me.[/QUOTE]
Thank you kindly. That gives me enough time to sink my teeth into Borderlands2 and then get some used games with the BL2 RZ GC after 30 days.

[quote name='jdwyer2009']Thank you kindly. That gives me enough time to sink my teeth into Borderlands2 and then get some used games with the BL2 RZ GC after 30 days.[/QUOTE]

Thats the good thing where its different from GS. The b2g1 coupon from the package includes a b2g1 for new games up to $40 and the traditional b2g1 on preowned games. It seems my $20 from borderlands might goto my b2g1.

^Better contact CS Asap. Thats messed up.

Just got my PM on Madden. Needed a manager override, which has never happened to me on such a small PM return amount. I did Person 4 Arena at BB with Frys for the same amount and I didn't need one. Funny how that works.

I'll probably end up trading Madden in before BL2. I want to keep it, but with NBA2K13, I'll have my hands full on sports sims.

[quote name='jza1218']I became GCU on July 6 and have yet to receive my welcome kit.[/QUOTE]

March for me. =( I emailed bb and they point me to gamers club. I then emailed gamers club and they told me to email bb. =S. Anyone know if i can get it settled in store?

Does anyone know if Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map also includes access to the Nuketown map for Zombies, or is that only limited to the Hardened and Care Package Edition?

Godsmack, the ? mark I meant.

[quote name='Kyden139']I wouldn't sweat the pending points amount not updating right away. I had a couple purchases from earlier in the week that did the same thing - showed up under my transactions but didn't update the pending points amount. After a day or so it corrected itself.[/QUOTE]

Yeah happens to me too. In fact, my pts. will show pending one day after the purchase appears, then disappear & reappear again in a couple of days.

I'd seriously just wait to see if your pts. are pending rather than fretting. Once it gets close to a month or maybe 2 wks. out & it still is not pending, then just call BB.

Just got an email saying my $20 cert is ready. Checked my account info and it doesnt list it under the transactions but it is available to print.

I just received my $20 email. Looks like I'll be picking up quite a few games from BB this year (I was making sure they weren't going to fuck the first few up)

Wait a sec....so if a gift card is used in any part of the transaction it doesn't count towards your rewardzone???I preordered Madden and paid 48 of it with a gift card. Used my card for the rest.Bought a 3ds xl, with 3 games. Used like $200 in gift cards. Used my card for the rest.No mention of these purchases in my reward zone history :whistle2:\

[quote name='CHADSTONe']Wait a sec....so if a gift card is used in any part of the transaction it doesn't count towards your rewardzone???I preordered Madden and paid 48 of it with a gift card. Used my card for the rest.Bought a 3ds xl, with 3 games. Used like $200 in gift cards. Used my card for the rest.No mention of these purchases in my reward zone history :whistle2:\[/QUOTE]

It's in there. But they're probably listed under different totals than you would think, since yes, the giftcards do not count toward your RZ account.

CHADSTONe,

Demanding little..... Nvm :D

unfortunately that view is not going to tell us a whole lot. maybe if we knew how much you spent that was not gift card.

first off, when did you make these purchases? if it was just in the last few days they're not posted yet. also, are you sure you used your reward zone card during the purchase, and they scanned into the system? it should say somewhere on the receipt if it was link to your reward zone. if not you may need to go through the missing points option, and link your purchase.

and just in case you didn't know, you can click on the little plus signs on the left hand side to see what each purchased contained.

Yeah so I was one of the few who posted that their points weren't showing up as 'pending', well I just got my email issuing me a $20 cert well before the usual wait times. Awesome!

[quote name='Geco17']It's in there. But they're probably listed under different totals than you would think, since yes, the giftcards do not count toward your RZ account.[/QUOTE]

This explains alot. I was wondering why it showed my purchases and had $0.00 besides everything. It makes sense though, since I got points for my trade ins, so if you got points for using the gift card too it would be double dipping. Kinda screws people that pay for gift cards though.

[quote name='chibuki']At this time of this writing, I do not see the "$20 Reward Zone Certificates: See How" link on the Black Ops 2 Hardened Edition page.

I'd love to know in advance since I can't go to the store until this weekend. Also is the Assassin's Creed 3 steelbook case pre-order still in stock? I want to pre-order Borderlands 2, Black Ops Hardened, and ACIII if everything is still available.[/QUOTE]

Should be good to go on Hardened but do it ASAP. It is DEFINITELY included in the promotion, all CE's and LE's for the PS3 and 360 versions are included.

Not likely that you'll find the AC3 steelbook. They went fast when they first were released months ago.

[quote name='ritchardf']This explains alot. I was wondering why it showed my purchases and had $0.00 besides everything. It makes sense though, since I got points for my trade ins, so if you got points for using the gift card too it would be double dipping. Kinda screws people that pay for gift cards though.[/QUOTE]

You do get points whey you BUY Best Buy gift cards, just not when redeeming. No screwing happening here. :D

I got $20 gc today too.

Too bad I jumped the gun as I already paid off Borderlands. Guess I'll use it on RE6 though reviews have been bad.

Anyone know if Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map also includes access to the Nuketown map for Zombies, or is that only limited to the Hardened and Care Package Edition?

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']I got $20 gc today too.

Too bad I jumped the gun as I already paid off Borderlands. Guess I'll use it on RE6 though reviews have been bad.[/QUOTE]

WTF are you talking about?

[quote name='ritchardf']This explains alot. I was wondering why it showed my purchases and had $0.00 besides everything. It makes sense though, since I got points for my trade ins, so if you got points for using the gift card too it would be double dipping. Kinda screws people that pay for gift cards though.[/QUOTE]

Like dc delta90 said, you do get points when you purchase gift cards. I would tend to think that is why you now get points for trade ins cause it is essentially purchasing a gift card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back