Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
My $20 Madden 13 cert posted... but then again it didn't.... I'm thinking those points clear my account tomorrow afternoon :D

Total Points Earned with this transaction
Purchases
Gamers Club Unlocked Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered Bonus
Premier 25% Bonus
RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo

My Current Points:
( + 70 pending points )

[quote name='mgford11']My $20 Madden 13 cert posted... but then again it didn't.... I'm thinking those points clear my account tomorrow afternoon :D[/QUOTE]

Yea my points are pending now as well. Prob. should check your accounts now, for people who were worrying about it.

[quote name='mgford11']My $20 Madden 13 cert posted... but then again it didn't.... I'm thinking those points clear my account tomorrow afternoon :D[/QUOTE]

Bonus points are there for me, too. As others said, the original points for Madden showed as earned points last week, but the points aren't available for me to use and the total wasn't added to my yearly spending. I had another purchase that day that is the same way.

[quote name='ky151']Bonus points are there for me, too. As others said, the original points for Madden showed as earned points last week, but the points aren't available for me to use and the total wasn't added to my yearly spending. I had another purchase that day that is the same way.[/QUOTE]

Yearly spending is not reflected for purchases made within past 45 days

My Madden points show in the transaction that is not pending. They have not posted to my point total, but they do not show in my pending points either.

The order page on BB.com still loads blank. *shrugs*

my points have shown up in my madden transaction and have posted to my account, yet my total has not updated and i am unable to redeem them for the certificate

Mine are pending now, i'm assuming they'll post the next time it all goes through on my account. Hopefully is done before the 25th. want to use that credit on fifa

[quote name='lordopus99']Probably cause no one plans to buy that Smash Bros ripoff.[/QUOTE]

just because it's a "ripoff" of Smash Bros. doesn't mean it's a bad thing. It's always nice to see other companies try and attempt to make a game similar to Smash Bros. This also will help kill the waiting time for the next smash bros. :)

Man, my rz is all sorts of screwed up. My pending points don't match my transaction log and I'm missing a few transactions to boot. And when I fill in the missing points form, it says those transactions are already on my account. Any activity takes at 48+ hours to reflect on the site and now add this Madden stuff.

So, about a week ago I contacted the RZ Customer Service as my 1000 pts ($20 cert for pre-ordering and picking up Madden) were not showing up on my account "pending" as it did with NCAA immediately. So they decided to award me with a $20 cert for my troubles (Which you can see on 9/8 in the picture with the Points Adjustment and then immediate $20 cert awarded). Then just today my madden bonus points of 1000 just got added (which you can see in the picture). NICE. I got $40 from Madden 13. AWESOME!!!

picture.php

Called just now. The guy on the phone said there was no history of me preordering and picking up my preorder. WTF? I told him the guy refunded my $5 and then used that to pay for the game. He said that is probably why it isnt showing up. So if you had this issue as well.... have fun getting your $20.

The first lady I spoke to on the phone said I needed to pick up all 3 games (Madden, Borderlands, and COD) and I would get 1000 points. I told her that wasnt how it worked and she said yes it is. I said "no its not". She put me on hold then I was soon "disconnected."

The second guy was actually helpful and said the refund was the reason why it was messed up. He credited me with the 1000 points and said I will get them by the end of September. We'll see...

This is actually 2 years in a row I have gotten $40 in credit back when I bought madden. Last year I pre-ordered from Amazon months before it came out. IT was giving a $20 credit. Well, I didnt get my game on release day and called and asked why I didnt get it and it was a worker error at the warehouse. So they gave me another $20 certificate for the inconvenience.

[quote name='Faulkjr22']Called just now. The guy on the phone said there was no history of me preordering and picking up my preorder. WTF? I told him the guy refunded my $5 and then used that to pay for the game. He said that is probably why it isnt showing up. So if you had this issue as well.... have fun getting your $20.

The first lady I spoke to on the phone said I needed to pick up all 3 games (Madden, Borderlands, and COD) and I would get 1000 points. I told her that wasnt how it worked and she said yes it is. I said "no its not". She put me on hold then I was soon "disconnected."

The second guy was actually helpful and said the refund was the reason why it was messed up. He credited me with the 1000 points and said I will get them by the end of September. We'll see...[/QUOTE]For future reference, what should I watch for when I pick up my preorders to ensure the same refund-of-the-$5 issue doesn't happen?

[quote name='Vigilante']For future reference, what should I watch for when I pick up my preorders to ensure the same refund-of-the-$5 issue doesn't happen?[/QUOTE]

The receipt will say exchange.

[quote name='Vigilante']For future reference, what should I watch for when I pick up my preorders to ensure the same refund-of-the-$5 issue doesn't happen?[/QUOTE]

Just make sure your pre-order receipt says "Exchange" and not "Return" on the top.

[quote name='aircobra']The receipt will say exchange.[/QUOTE]Apologies if this question has an obvious answer, but what should the receipt say? I was asking if there was something to which I should pay attention during the transaction to prevent the "exchange" from happening in the first place; if the receipt says "Exchange" then I figure I'm already screwed or at the very least in a bad spot.

[quote name='Vigilante']Apologies if this question has an obvious answer, but what should the receipt say? I was asking if there was something to which I should pay attention during the transaction to prevent the "exchange" from happening in the first place; if the receipt says "Exchange" then I figure I'm already screwed or at the very least in a bad spot.[/QUOTE]

My receipt says "Exchange" and I just got my 1000 points. That's what it is supposed to say.

I got my points pending today, Listed on the same transaction, Though I now have 2,000+ pending thanks to the pitch in card! RE6 for $20!

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']See my points for Madden 13 today too.[/QUOTE]

Ditto here. Also got Madden PM'ed from Target. Rep just put the points equivalent in (500 + tax) rather than just sending me a GC like they did for my last PM. Much better than my last PM which took close to 25-30 minutes.

Also I was able to get a Prototype 2 steelbook marked down to free (only downside was it was 360) and picked up P2 PS3 for $20 using the gamer coupon. Plus they didn't take my coupon this time so if a $10 P2 comes, I'll grab another copy. I was able to put the trade in at Amazon earlier this week for $24.50. Been a good week so far.

My points are pending for Madden finally, I did a pm to target and the guy wasnt very descriptive on the phone and he hung up before I could ask how I would be credited the $10. I got an email that said my order was credited 10.67, not exactly sure what that means as this was the first time I had an online price match done. Any help? He did give me a case number but another 30 minute wait on the phone is quite daunting.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']My points are pending for Madden finally, I did a pm to target and the guy wasnt very descriptive on the phone and he hung up before I could ask how I would be credited the $10. I got an email that said my order was credited 10.67, not exactly sure what that means as this was the first time I had an online price match done. Any help? He did give me a case number but another 30 minute wait on the phone is quite daunting.[/QUOTE]

If you got an email and paid by CC, you'll be fine. Keep the case number just in case. If you paid by GC, most likely you will have to call back if you no longer have the gc, give the case number, and they will fill out a request to generate a new GC for you.

Just got my 1000 pending pts today. it doesn't appear in the general purchase history overview so you have to click the "+" sign to expand that purchase to see:

Gamers Club Unlocked Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered Bonus 1000 points

[quote name='Ninjaharley']I got my points pending today, Listed on the same transaction, Though I now have 2,000+ pending thanks to the pitch in card! RE6 for $20![/QUOTE]

How do you get more points from pitch in card?

[quote name='jinxpalm']How do you get more points from pitch in card?[/QUOTE]It's a glitch--apparently you can get RZ points for transferring BBY GCs to a Pitch-In Card despite the FAQ on BBY.com saying that this doesn't happen.

[quote name='Vigilante']It's a glitch--apparently you can get RZ points for transferring BBY GCs to a Pitch-In Card despite the FAQ on BBY.com saying that this doesn't happen.[/QUOTE]

Yes I have been getting points from gift cards to pitch in card. But can you transfer reward zone certificates and get points the same way??? If so that's awesome.

[quote name='jinxpalm']Yes I have been getting points from gift cards to pitch in card. But can you transfer reward zone certificates and get points the same way??? If so that's awesome.[/QUOTE]I don't think that will work since gift cards are a form of payment but RZ certificates lower the cost of an item (reducing the tax in the process) and therefore aren't a form of payment.

[quote name='Vigilante']I don't think that will work since gift cards are a form of payment but RZ certificates lower the cost of an item (reducing the tax in the process) and therefore aren't a form of payment.[/QUOTE]

That's what I figured lol. Which brings me back to my first question then. How could use you pitch in card to double your reward zone points? 1000 points isn't the same as a gift card. Unless I'm wrong and you can pitch in with a reward zone certificate

[quote name='jinxpalm']That's what I figured lol. Which brings me back to my first question then. How could use you pitch in card to double your reward zone points? 1000 points isn't the same as a gift card. Unless I'm wrong and you can pitch in with a reward zone certificate[/QUOTE]

Not sure, was going to try once they post, but I've been transferring my BBY credit to the pitch mainly just to have it all in one place, points are a nice bonus, Also my 1st trade in, I bought an Ipad, decided to return it, got my credit back on a diff card and after that I got points for everything

[quote name='jamesdevil']I see my 1000 points for Madden but the sale doesn't show up as pending points. Wat?[/QUOTE]

I'm seeing the exact same thing in my RZ account, 1k points showing for Madden 13 but they aren't factored into my 'cleared' points total. One more thing I'll have to iron out when I finally decide to call.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']I'm seeing the exact same thing in my RZ account, 1k points showing for Madden 13 but they aren't factored into my 'cleared' points total. One more thing I'll have to iron out when I finally decide to call.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing.

Also preordered Borderlands 2 today. Keep those $20 gift certificates coming Best Buy!

i know this is kind of off subject but does anyone know if you can use 2 of the $10 off codes in same transaction? im looking to preorder borderlands 2 and was wondering. thanks in advance

[quote name='GLiMpZe']i know this is kind of off subject but does anyone know if you can use 2 of the $10 off codes in same transaction? im looking to preorder borderlands 2 and was wondering. thanks in advance[/QUOTE]I think so, since the $10 off codes are basically digital gift cards. Enter them both as gift cards during checkout and they should work.

[quote name='GLiMpZe']i know this is kind of off subject but does anyone know if you can use 2 of the $10 off codes in same transaction? im looking to preorder borderlands 2 and was wondering. thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

I used 3 on Madden 13 preorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back