Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='htz']The reason why NCAA 13 worked is cause you basically pre-ordered online not cause of timeframe. If you use the same logic, you would need to do 2 pre-orders online for in-store pickup and not be able to use that welcome coupon of yours since it does not work with online orders.

I never buy 2 $60 games in one day so I'm not sure if that B2G1 coupon will work for you while allowing you the $20 RZ cert for each game. The roadblocks are probably getting them all on the same EXCHANGE receipt and not having the B2G1 Free package discount void your pre-orders due to combining more than one offer at once. Good luck though if you want to try.[/QUOTE]

No for NCAA I pre-ordered in-store the Monday before release with $5 down and the online order I placed the day of release which wasn't considered a pre-order anymore but since I fulfilled both parts of the promo ( pre-order before release and purchase within 5 days after release), I got the $20 certificate no problem and once my 1,000 points were pending I used the $5 receipt and exchanged it for a @gamer magazine.

[quote name='akathatoneguy']Just noticed the X-Com $15 gift card promotion today. I had already decided that I was going to pay $60 and get it on day one anyway, just because I want it so damn bad, so the gift card is great news.

Looks like just X-Com, Fifa, RE 6 Archives, and Dishonored for me. Still, it's a good haul and the $60 in RZ certs plus $15 gift card makes it all even better.[/QUOTE]

how is x-com games? in terms of difficulty, i am kinda of interested in it from the gameplay i saw.

[quote name='akathatoneguy']Just noticed the X-Com $15 gift card promotion today. I had already decided that I was going to pay $60 and get it on day one anyway, just because I want it so damn bad, so the gift card is great news.[/QUOTE]

Same here. A turn-based strategy game with a competent control scheme on consoles? Yes please. I just hope the 360 keeps a multiplayer community for at least a little while. Possible double dip if there's a nice steam sale sometime this year, perhaps over the holidays.

[quote name='YBX87']how is x-com games? in terms of difficulty, i am kinda of interested in it from the gameplay i saw.[/QUOTE]

I think the original one was notoriously difficult. The new one has variable difficulty with the highest difficulty being pretty hard. The producers themselves have a tough time with it from what they said on livestreams.

[quote name='panda911']Same here. A turn-based strategy game with a competent control scheme on consoles? Yes please. I just hope the 360 keeps a multiplayer community for at least a little while. Possible double dip if there's a nice steam sale sometime this year, perhaps over the holidays.

I think the original one was notoriously difficult. The new one has variable difficulty with the highest difficulty being pretty hard. The producers themselves have a tough time with it from what they said on livestreams.[/QUOTE]

I thought I read a while ago they turned x-com into a FPS. (I'm not kidding.)

I love TBS games. Will have to check this out.

[quote name='confoosious']I thought I read a while ago they turned x-com into a FPS. (I'm not kidding.)

I love TBS games. Will have to check this out.[/QUOTE]

you are right tho, there is a fps game in development call "x-com". last i heard the development was halted for whatever reason. the game that is coming out with $15 gc offer from bestbuy is call " x-com: enemy unknown". there are two different types of games, but similar title

[quote name='confoosious']I thought I read a while ago they turned x-com into a FPS. (I'm not kidding.)

Yeah that is still in development. They announced that game (just called XCom) in 2010 but it has been delayed several time. As far as I know they still plan to release it next year. This game (Enemy Unknown) was announced long after the FPS one and it will release way before.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah that is still in development. They announced that game (just called XCom) in 2010 but it has been delayed several time. As far as I know they still plan to release it next year. This game (Enemy Unknown) was announced long after the FPS one and it will release way before.[/QUOTE]

i think it is mostly money issues these days, with alot of companies.

[quote name='GoVols']How do you properly renew gamers club unlocked?[/QUOTE]

I renewed mine on Friday when I picked Borderlands 2 and all I did was printed the paper from the preorder machine that they have. I got an email today saying that I successfully renewed my subscription til 9/21/2013.

I hope it doesn't cause any problems with the $20 RZ bonus, since I was still GCU when I preordered.

I just finished pre-ordering and paying off Fifa 13. I wonder when the $20 gift cert will post on my account. I am unsure which to purchase with my cert, dishonored or borderlands 2.

[quote name='xXI SPECTER IXx']I just finished pre-ordering and paying off Fifa 13. I wonder when the $20 gift cert will post on my account. I am unsure which to purchase with my cert, dishonored or borderlands 2.[/QUOTE]

did you enroll in gamers unlocker membership? bestbuy site says you have to wait 30 days from the day you pickup your game

I don't know if you've heard but you're thinking of the shooter XCOM no subtitle. It's been stuck in development hell for a while and I'll be surprised if it comes out and even more it it's of any quality, but who knows. Maybe Enemy Unknown will build up some brand equity. That would be cool. This game deserves it.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']It is supposed to say "Exchange" on top of the receipt instead of "Return." You are probably gonna have to call best buy in 30 days have the points dont show. And the two gamers club accounts will also be a problem.[/QUOTE]

it says "exchange" at the top, but then next to the borderlands 2 preorder it says "return" and $5 credit

is this what it's supposed to say?

I should get my $20 from the BL2 preorder in a few weeks.

The only question is what to use it for.
Should I add some MS points to buy the BL2 season pass, or use it on a preorder for Dishonored?

[quote name='GoVols']How do you properly renew gamers club unlocked?[/QUOTE]If there's no form attached to your mag in the mail just goto the store & either use the subscription printout from the kiosk or the barcode from the booklets in-store. Give them your RZ card on the same receipt & it will just extend you current sub they may ask you to confirm so info that's all. MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR FREE COPY OF THE MAG TOO just have them scan the mag on the same receipt & it'll ring up free.

[quote name='panda911']Hope they can sustain this level of hot deals :hot:[/QUOTE]If you're enjoying the credit promos continue to suggest titles that need credit deals here, although they won't be added to this specific promo the consistant request will open BB's eyes to add promos for other titles. There's only 67 votes to get $20 credits added to more games gotta get that up over 100 vote people.
And it isn't just limited to day 1, there's the $20-$30 RZ offers & @gamer coupons that can come into play which will help those who have backlogs to get thru.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Add-more-titles-20-RZ-promo/idi-p/531520

[quote name='YBX87']you do realize nba 2k13 and re 6 has not yet being released right? you cannot use the coupon on preorders[/QUOTE]I answered this in another thread, his strategy will work. You have to pre-order the games like normal but just purchase the titles using the b2g1 coupons. Try to make sure the free game isn't one you need for a $20 credit but you should still be able to get the credit even if it's the free one but you may have to call/pm the forums mods. After you receive the $20 credits either transfer the $5 pre-orders to other titles,

Borderlands 2 already appeared on mine and my fiance's accounts, I wish Hitman was a part of the deal, guess I can use my lamestop points to get 25 off of it.

[quote name='AJVtony831']Ended up canceling my pre-orders that I had made in-store and made them again online for instore pick up. Don't want to deal with any issues[/QUOTE]

That seems to be a wise decision. All my future pre-orders will definitely be done online with in-store pickup, if I go with BB again.

My Borderlands 2 points still aren't even pending.

Does anyone know how to move a pre-order to a different game or purchase? I pre-ordered the regular version of Halo 4 accidentally, and while I was at BB recently I went ahead and pre-ordered the limited version (didn't have my reciept with me.) How can I move the pre-order for the regular version to something differnt (or get a refund on it?) And I somehow forgot to get the poster on BOTH pre-orders. Totally walked out without it.

On another note, my RZ points for pre-ordering Borderlands are not showing up. Borderlands has shown up (it looks weird though - its saying I only paid $4 for it, therefore I'm only getting 8 points for it with the GC double credit.) I'm guessing this means I'll need to be calling RZ customer service since I doubt the 1000 points is going to show up at this point...

Go up to CS and cancel it. Or go up to CS with a different preorder slip and say you want to cancel one and use the money to preorder another.

[quote name='advanced']Go up to CS and cancel it. Or go up to CS with a different preorder slip and say you want to cancel one and use the money to preorder another.[/QUOTE]

Heh, this seems way to easy. I see my local BB customer service head exploding when I ask them to do this (I love the gaming rep at my store, but the CS desk there is probably the most atrocious I've seen outside of a Wal Mart - and some of those WM CS desks put my BB CS to shame.)

Just pricematched Madden to get another $10 off (from Fry's). Definitely going to order 2K13 now and hope for a pricematch.

[quote name='WTFD4V1D']Just pricematched Madden to get another $10 off (from Fry's). Definitely going to order 2K13 now and hope for a pricematch.[/QUOTE]

For 49.99? You could have price matched Target for that same price two weeks ago. You got lucky for Frys to have a sale.

[quote name='ps3gamer35']For 49.99? You could have price matched Target for that same price two weeks ago. You got lucky for Frys to have a sale.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't see that sale. On another note, I asked the rep if I paid with both gift cards and reward zone certificates what would happen. They said as long as I paid some of it with a gift card, the pricematch would be a gift card sent to me. Is that how it works? Should the amount of the gift card I used be at least the pricematch amount?

[quote name='WTFD4V1D']Yeah, I didn't see that sale. On another note, I asked the rep if I paid with both gift cards and reward zone certificates what would happen. They said as long as I paid some of it with a gift card, the pricematch would be a gift card sent to me. Is that how it works? Should the amount of the gift card I used be at least the pricematch amount?[/QUOTE]

Did you ask they send a new gift card to you? If not you have a gift card out there now floating with 10 extra dollars on it. They will put it right back on the gift card you used.

[quote name='joeyshadows']I'm still waiting on my replacement gift card from the madden pm. lol[/QUOTE]

Same. It been a couple weeks now? Might be time for me to call and inquire about it.

Edit: Ok, just got off the phone with them. The pm GC wasn't the one I was thinking of, but that supposedly did get processed on the 18th. So probably a few more days on that one.

The GC I WAS thinking of was for the 4 $10 codes I was missing from the order online for instore p/u promo. They had the notes in there that I should have been issued that GC, but for some reason it hadn't been processed yet. She went ahead and resubmitted it for me. Another 7-10 days, so we'll see.

[quote name='crunchewy']That seems to be a wise decision. All my future pre-orders will definitely be done online with in-store pickup, if I go with BB again.

My Borderlands 2 points still aren't even pending.[/QUOTE]

i agree. Reading all of the experiences that people posted on this thread made my decision much easier to make. I don't want to have to deal with calling CS if I can avoid it.

Just preordered FIFA 13 online for PS3. This is my first FIFA game and soccer game. I figured for $60 w$20 GC and that it will be on sale within 60 days for me to get a price match was good enough for me and my son to try it. He is 8 and plays U10 soccer so hopefully he can pick up on some things with this game.

Also going to get Dishonored and NBA 2k13. Thinking about ordering RE6 but not sure just yet.

[quote name='joeyshadows']I'm still waiting on my replacement gift card from the madden pm. lol[/QUOTE]

For my PM, the rep just put 550 RZ pts in my account (extra covered tax) whereas the previous PM was by gift card through the mail. Think I'd rather go the RZ points route as it's pretty instantaneous. The GC took about a week to get to me.

My God, Bestbuy has some incompentent employees!

Okay, so I walked into BB today to preorder RE6 Anthology. I didn't see the Anthology preorder card, just regular RE6. Great, so I take card up to a cashier to see if I'm not seeing the card (for some reason the BB I go to has no one in gaming at all). The guy takes like 10 minutes to check. He's like 'here's RE6' and I'm like, 'but, sir, I'm trying to see if you guys have the anthology'. No luck. I got annoyed really fast.

So then, I'm like screw it, I'll just preorder black ops 2. I didn't know there was a $5 preorder limit. When I got to Gamestop, they let me put anything over $5 if I want. So the guy says it's $5, and I'm like I'll put $20 on it and hand it to the cashier . He hands me a $15 back without saying anything. I'm like, no I wanted to put $15 on it. He rudely says, ''We don't do that''. WTF? Communication much.? This was my first time trying to preorder a game at BB and was dissapointed.

Meh, I only preordered for the $20 Giftcard. Maybe it was a good thing I didn't get Anthology and will probaly wait for it to go on sale. $90 is a lot of money for a few RE games and I'm supposed to be a cheap ass..

[quote name='ps3gamer35']Did you ask they send a new gift card to you? If not you have a gift card out there now floating with 10 extra dollars on it. They will put it right back on the gift card you used.[/QUOTE]

Oh no, I used a credit card so I will get a refund. I just asked since I have extra gift cards and rewards certificates to use for NBA 2K13 and Black Ops 2.

Did anyone receive their $20 for Borderlands 2 yet? I already got mine from Madden 13, but it seems like its longer than it was last time? Or I have bad memory.

[quote name='Lazer77']Did anyone receive their $20 for Borderlands 2 yet? I already got mine from Madden 13, but it seems like its longer than it was last time? Or I have bad memory.[/QUOTE]

I did.... I posted it one page back....

[quote name='Linkgx1']My God, Bestbuy has some incompentent employees!

Okay, so I walked into BB today to preorder RE6 Anthology. I didn't see the Anthology preorder card, just regular RE6. Great, so I take card up to a cashier to see if I'm not seeing the card (for some reason the BB I go to has no one in gaming at all). The guy takes like 10 minutes to check. He's like 'here's RE6' and I'm like, 'but, sir, I'm trying to see if you guys have the anthology'. No luck. I got annoyed really fast.

So then, I'm like screw it, I'll just preorder black ops 2. I didn't know there was a $5 preorder limit. When I got to Gamestop, they let me put anything over $5 if I want. So the guy says it's $5, and I'm like I'll put $20 on it and hand it to the cashier . He hands me a $15 back without saying anything. I'm like, no I wanted to put $15 on it. He rudely says, ''We don't do that''. WTF? Communication much.? This was my first time trying to preorder a game at BB and was dissapointed.

Meh, I only preordered for the $20 Giftcard. Maybe it was a good thing I didn't get Anthology and will probaly wait for it to go on sale. $90 is a lot of money for a few RE games and I'm supposed to be a cheap ass..[/QUOTE]

Best way to do is order it online for in store pickup. You can pay in full online, instore you can only pay the 5 bucks (who knows why) Doing a PM is easier online 2.

[quote name='Linkgx1']My God, Bestbuy has some incompentent employees!

Meh, I only preordered for the $20 Giftcard. Maybe it was a good thing I didn't get Anthology and will probaly wait for it to go on sale. $90 is a lot of money for a few RE games and I'm supposed to be a cheap ass..[/QUOTE]

$5 is max for in store preorder. Just avoid the issue and order online with store pickup.

I'm debating RE6 Anthology too. Got 65 in credit with Borderlands 2 points pending so if that clears before release date only $5 out of pocket. Might as well spend extra $30 for 5 other games.

[quote name='slowdive21']my 1000 points still aren't showing for my borderlands 2 transaction. Looks like I am going to have to call.[/QUOTE]

Did you actually look at the transaction? Mine aren't pending, but I see them listed with the order.

I'm sure this has been asked before in this thread but I don't have the time to sift through 115 pages.

I just signed up for Unlocked today and preordered the Halo 4 LE...does that work for this $20 deal? I didn't see it listed as eligible on the instore kiosk.

[quote name='KanYozakura']I'm sure this has been asked before in this thread but I don't have the time to sift through 115 pages.

I just signed up for Unlocked today and preordered the Halo 4 LE...does that work for this $20 deal? I didn't see it listed as eligible on the instore kiosk.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to go through all 115 pages to find your answer, just read FAQ in the OP.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Did you actually look at the transaction? Mine aren't pending, but I see them listed with the order.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this is what happened to me but they started pending like 2 days ago

[quote name='209chromatic']You don't have to go through all 115 pages to find your answer, just read FAQ in the OP.[/QUOTE]

d'oh

I was looking at this thread on my phone and I missed the tiny FAQ button. :whistle2:#

Thanks, much appreciated! Maybe I'll pick up NSMB U for $40 when it comes out.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']What you described as happening doesn't seem so bad but it does seem like you have a short fuse.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a short fuse, I just dislike when an employee isn't honest and upfront.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back