Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PhilsUtley26']$5 is max for in store preorder. Just avoid the issue and order online with store pickup.

I'm debating RE6 Anthology too. Got 65 in credit with Borderlands 2 points pending so if that clears before release date only $5 out of pocket. Might as well spend extra $30 for 5 other games.[/QUOTE]

$5 is not the max for preorders in store. I paid in full when I ordered FIFA 13, RE6 Anthology, AC III & BLOPS 2 HE. The person that helped you does not know what they are doing.

I hope I will still get the pre-order bonus and rz points for pre-ordering fifa 13. Just did it this morning 9/24 before work. Does anyone know if it still possible? The employee seem clueless when I asked him :roll:

[quote name='kerouac kid']$5 is not the max for preorders in store. I paid in full when I ordered FIFA 13, RE6 Anthology, AC III & BLOPS 2 HE. The person that helped you does not know what they are doing.[/QUOTE]

Damn it! I'm so pissed now. I guess it's just not meant for me to get RE6 anthology. Because the employee gave me the impression that I virtually can only pay in full on release day. People like that is what makes me NOT go to bestbuy.:roll:

[quote name='kerouac kid']$5 is not the max for preorders in store. I paid in full when I ordered FIFA 13, RE6 Anthology, AC III & BLOPS 2 HE. The person that helped you does not know what they are doing.[/QUOTE]

Actually I believe that's YMMV. Officially it's only $5. It's how their system works

YMMV then. Doesn't matter to me as I preorder online with in store pickup to avoid any problems.

[quote name='Linkgx1']Damn it! I'm so pissed now. I guess it's just not meant for me to get RE6 anthology. Because the employee gave me the impression that I virtually can only pay in full on release day. People like that is what makes me NOT go to bestbuy.:roll:[/QUOTE]

That's their policy probably without manager override. Just order it online paid in full problem solved.

They make this things complicated...

The old gamer rewards program is gone?

Now I have to pay them 14.99 per year to get into the same gamer rewards program "unlocked" version?

so I buy Halo 4 I pay 99 +15 for membership - 20 for credit so in the end I get Halo 4 for 99 and 5$ credit which covers tax on the 99 so basically I gained NOTHING.

Help me understand

You get a magazine sub too. And the idea isn't to get just one game with the deal, but even if you do, you still gain something. That $5 isn't "nothing". You'll have to pay that tax anyway (or you should be at least), so its a perk.

[quote name='sninh']You also get 2x points on games and you get 10% extra for trades and 10% off for pre owned[/QUOTE]

You get the 2x points with the free gamer perks

[quote name='confoosious']I don't understand why you guys try so hard to get people to join GCu. If they can't figure out why it makes sense, f em.[/QUOTE]

I'm slowly beginning to take this approach. The service should speak for itself, and if people can't understand English, then why waste my time translating.

[quote name='confoosious']I don't understand why you guys try so hard to get people to join GCu. If they can't figure out why it makes sense, f em.[/QUOTE]

Yeah just let them go. 15 membership has probably got me over 150 in credit if not more.

I was just about to post this. You can lead a horse to water but you can't force a cag of 7 years to see the value of gcu.

Lol

Man if some of you guys are already getting your points from Borderlands 2 I'd love to be able to use the points I get from RE 6 towards Halo 4. Hopefully the points come in before Halo's release date

Have been trying to order fifa, I usually get email right after I order but haven't received anything and when I check order status it doesn't show up. Any idea why?

[quote name='Metal Militia']Man if some of you guys are already getting your points from Borderlands 2 I'd love to be able to use the points I get from RE 6 towards Halo 4. Hopefully the points come in before Halo's release date[/QUOTE]

I have been getting my points 30 days after the date I preordered on, so I expect to get my borderlands 2 and RE6 points around 9/1-9/7.

[quote name='shady520']I have been getting my points 30 days after the date I preordered on, so I expect to get my borderlands 2 and RE6 points around 9/1-9/7.[/QUOTE]

You mean 10 not 9 ;)

I picked up FIFA 13 last night. My XBL code was on the receipt. I also received an email w/ the same code & instructions on how to redeem it. I received a "free" t-shirt last night as well.

[quote name='Kevlar338']Madden is on amazon for 40$ any chance bestbuy would pm over the phone , I've read people on here have had success in some stores ?[/QUOTE]

if you really want to pm the price of the game, the best chance is to go to your local bestbuy stores for the pricematch. they will denied you over the phone most likely, because it is against their policy

[quote name='kerouac kid']I picked up FIFA 13 last night. My XBL code was on the receipt. I also received an email w/ the same code & instructions on how to redeem it. I received a "free" t-shirt last night as well.[/QUOTE]

Can u post a pic?

Points still not showing in the transaction. For a company that is aware about the upc switch, they seem to be taking their time to resolve the problem.

Sorry just got an update feom BB:

Re: Best Buy ERROR: Preorder card skus switched for PC/PS3 on Borderlands 2, could negate $20 bonus

56 minutes ago Hello Vault Hunters!

Hyperion wants to thank you for your diligence in reporting the error with the PS3/ PC pre-order. While those cards were identified and destroyed, a handful of you met Handsome Jack and walked away... I mean, pre-ordered before the mistake was found.

Our Reward Zone "Angel" has corrected this issue and any customers who show as pre-ordering the PC version but who correctly purchased the eligible PS3 copy of the game will still see their 1000 points post within the promised 30 days.

In the words of CL4P-TP, "YAAAY!!!"
16x16_robot-very-happy.gif

(Yeah... I am really enjoying this game)

My RZ points for BL2 showed pending but was no where to be found. Now it's not even pending! Lol, BB's RZ system is surely messed up good

Was able to pm at BB for $15 gift card for fifa 13 =D

But I think I didn't get any pre-order bonus. Unless they do it like Amazon where they send an email? The employee seem clueless :applause: O well I guess I can't complain. With RZ cert I end up paying $15 for fifa 13 :lol:

[quote name='aznhero913']I just pre-ordered Halo 4 vanilla and got an awesome poster w/ it!![/QUOTE]

Is that new? I pre-ordered in store last week and didn't get a poster...

I wants a poster!!! :lol:
I have to run back tonight to get my money back from another pre-order I'm not going to follow through on and pick up a few more things, I'll inquire.

this is odd ...i just got $20 in certs posted to my account but i still have my madden certs pending to post this or next week

madden is only game i got off the list

:) pure win

[quote name='darkvulture']this is odd ...i just got $20 in certs posted to my account but i still have my madden certs pending to post this or next week

madden is only game i got off the list

:) pure win[/QUOTE]

Sorry to rain on your parade, but they posted already and it redeemed your points automatically for you. This happened to a few CAGs including myself. I felt the same way, then it hit a few days later :cry:

[quote name='Geco17']Sorry to rain on your parade, but they posted already and it redeemed your points automatically for you. This happened to a few CAGs including myself. I felt the same way, then it hit a few days later :cry:[/QUOTE]

damn you bestbuy lol

[quote name='samejgink']Is that new? I pre-ordered in store last week and didn't get a poster...

I wants a poster!!! :lol:
I have to run back tonight to get my money back from another pre-order I'm not going to follow through on and pick up a few more things, I'll inquire.[/QUOTE]

Not new. It's been going on for awhile now. Nice looking poster.

The lithograph? yeah been going on a while. they are stacked in the bottom of the freestanding halo display. at least, they are at my local BB.

Against which store did you PM?

[quote name='Deathdenial']Was able to pm at BB for $15 gift card for fifa 13 =D

But I think I didn't get any pre-order bonus. Unless they do it like Amazon where they send an email? The employee seem clueless :applause: O well I guess I can't complain. With RZ cert I end up paying $15 for fifa 13 :lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='panda911']I'm guessing Toys R Us or possibly Kmart.[/QUOTE]

Did you show them the ad or did the employee just take your word for it?

[quote name='panda911']I'm guessing Toys R Us or possibly Kmart.[/QUOTE]

when did bb started pricematching bundle deals like gift card with game purchases?

[quote name='kellte2']Did you show them the ad or did the employee just take your word for it?[/QUOTE]

all pricematching at bestbuy requires ad, or some sort of proof

[quote name='YBX87']when did bb started pricematching bundle deals like gift card with game purchases?[/QUOTE]

Officially, they don't. Some stores do it anyways to keep a sale from walking.

[quote name='Byakurai']Officially, they don't. Some stores do it anyways to keep a sale from walking.[/QUOTE]

that is what i thought

[quote name='kellte2']Did you show them the ad or did the employee just take your word for it?[/QUOTE]

I printed out the price on Toy R US site and that was it. Manager override and I was good to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back