Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Poor2More']Im sure I got screwed, went to pick up my preorders for RE6 and NBA 2k, got no DLC on receipt, my receipt also says "Exchange" on top, but notice it list my $5 down are listed as "Return" furter down on the receipt.[/QUOTE]

Mine says the same, EXCHANGE.

I got my DLC by noon on release at the latest. Some a day or so before. This is ridiculous.

as long as the top of the receipt says exchange you are good for the $20 cert. it is normal for it to say returned further down the receipt.

[quote name='godsmack13']as long as the top of the receipt says exchange you are good. it is normal for it to say returned further down the receipt.[/QUOTE]

My receipt does say "Exchange" at the top, however, I cannot find the "return" on the receipt. How far down on the receipt is it?

Edit: nevermind, I found it. It is just a few lines below the Exchange part at the top. I notice there is something about "Solutions Plus" on the receipt of the actual sale of the game too. I wonder what that is about?

[quote name='Poor2More']Im sure I got screwed, went to pick up my preorders for RE6 and NBA 2k, got no DLC on receipt, my receipt also says "Exchange" on top, but notice it list my $5 down are listed as "Return" furter down on the receipt.[/QUOTE]

If your DLC didn't print on your receipt it should be emailed to you the next day.

I heard you get special coupons when your first issue of @Gamer arrives, including 100% trade in bonus, can anyone confirm that?

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']Damn, I still havent got the email code for RE6 or NBA 2k13. This is fucking retarded[/QUOTE]

Picked up my copies of 2k13/re6 archives today and haven't gotten the code for 2k13 yet (and the order status page online seems glitched but does say order in process like madden's was after pickup). I'm hoping it comes in today. Currently trying to price match RE6 @ fry's and being on hold for 30+ minutes sure is fun haha.

Well after explaining that fry's has actual retail stores and not just online, I was able to get RE6 Archives price matched! (great deal considering I used my $20 Certificate from Fifa on it as well!)

[quote name='godsmack13']as long as the top of the receipt says exchange you are good for the $20 cert. it is normal for it to say returned further down the receipt.[/QUOTE]

This info should be put on the first page of this thread.

Last time I ever do a BB.com for In-Store pickup, just went ahead and the only receipt I got was the "Bestbuy.com Pickup Receipt" so of course, no DLC code. Chick said I should receive the code tomorrow though.

I also tried to PM but she told me that since it's a BB.com order I have to wait 24 hours before I can PM in-store, I thought since I did "in-store" pickup this meant I could PM right there and then but I should have probably verified that before trying it. So I pulled a double whoopsies today it seems. Guess I'll call to get that rectified.

So those of you guys getting that "Exchange" on your receipt, did you guys all reserve your pre-orders in-store? What I'm more concerned about is the $20 cert, going to keep a close eye out on the RZ page.

So to sum it up, no PM, no pre-order code, and no idea if I'll get the $20 or not.

[quote name='eXiON']Last time I ever do a BB.com for In-Store pickup, just went ahead and the only receipt I got was the "Bestbuy.com Pickup Receipt" so of course, no DLC code. Chick said I should receive it tomorrow though.

I also tried to PM but she told me that since it's a BB.com order I have to wait 24 hours before I can PM in-store, I thought since I did "in-store" pickup this meant I could PM right there and then but I should have probably verified that before trying it. So I pulled a double whoopsies today it seems. Guess I'll call to get that rectified.

So those of you guys getting that "Exchange" on your receipt, you all reserved your pre-orders in-store correct? What I'm more concerned about is the $20 cert, going to keep a close eye out on the RZ page.[/QUOTE]

You will still get your $20 cert. Even though you picked up your game in-store it is still considered a online order. You can not price match online orders in-store, they have to be done over the phone. You will get your preorder code within 24 hours after you pick up your game. This info should be added to the first page as well.

[quote name='Youngnoble']You will still get your $20 cert. Even though you picked up your game in-store it is still considered a online order. You can not price match online orders in-store, they have to be done over the phone. You will get your preorder code within 24 hours after you pick up your game. This info should be added to the first page as well.[/QUOTE]
Straight to the point, thanks!

Yeah I totally forgot I can't PM BB.com in-store, but I definitely didn't know that you could do it after 24 hours, can anyone confirm if this is true? Either way I'm calling today just to get that fixed.

As for the $20 cert just checked the order pickup email and it even says it on there:

Reward Zone® program members
If you entered your Reward Zone ID during checkout, points will be awarded to your account for eligible purchases approximately 30 days after fulfillment. Please allow 6-8 weeks to receive your reward certificates. For more information or questions about your account go to myrewardzone.bestbuy.com.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Any price match opportunities for Borderlands, FIFA, or NBA yet by any chance?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about making a PM thread, but I have been too busy. Maybe someone else can step up and make it.

[quote name='aircobra']Funny how you always have a handful of people freaking out about their $20 or DLC every time a new game comes out.[/QUOTE]

Ahaha, I've noticed. I think sometimes "Are you even playing, let alone enjoying, the game you just bought to even GET the $20 cert?

[quote name='slowdive21']I was thinking about making a PM thread, but I have been too busy. Maybe someone else can step up and make it.[/QUOTE]
Good idea, maybe some senior member can start the thread, and wiki it so that the OP does not carry all the burden?

[quote name='stoned99']Damn, how did I not know about RE6 Archives. Did the 20$ points count towards that as well. Too late to change my order I think.

My Borderlands point posted a few days after I picked up the game. No idea why other than the game was preordered online for instore pickup. I'm so on the fence about RE6, the review are so mixed.[/QUOTE]

Warning Xbox 360 version only includes RE 4, 5, CV and that anime movie, I already own all of those and their isn't anything new about it

[quote name='aircobra']Funny how you always have a handful of people freaking out about their $20 or DLC every time a new game comes out.[/QUOTE]
The funny thing is I've done a few previous posts letting guys know it takes up to 30 days before you see any kind of activity on your account about it lol.

But what worried me about mine was that I wasn't sure if I should've gotten another receipt besides the receipt I got. Lol, okay let me rephrase that, usually I always get that paper that says Store Pickup yadda yadda, then the standard receipt that just states the price and what I paid with.

Plus you gotta understand the concerns of people, not ALWAYS do people get their RZ points. The RZ is pretty buggy to begin with, many times I've had purchases never show up on my RZ page for some reason or another.

Yep just compared my receipts from Borderlands 2 from a few weeks ago that was rung correctly and indeed got the $20 from that one. I notice on the Borderlands receipt thought it says exchange up top, and a little bellow that says Returned items, Borderlands and Escape PRE SKU..........but on my RE6 and NBA 2k receipt it says EXCHANGE on top but under that it says......

Return (Their is no Escape PRE SKU like my BL2 and Madden that I got $20 cents for correctly)

RESIDENT EVIL 6 -$5.00* (asterisk according to bottom of receipt means Discount price)
NBA 2k13 -$5.00

So I'm pretty positive she messed up and screwed me out of $40 gift certs, I should've went to a different employee, when I said I'm here to pick up my preorder, she replied "You need to pickup preorders at Bestbuy.com" ummm I preordered in store, she yelled out to another cashier "how do you ring up preorders".......I'm almost positive I'm going to have to go through 1-800 number for my RZ certs.

[quote name='eXiON']Plus you gotta understand the concerns of people, not ALWAYS do people get their RZ points. The RZ is pretty buggy to begin with, many times I've had purchases never show up on my RZ page for some reason or another.[/QUOTE]

Big difference between worrying about not getting them when it's been a couple weeks than doing the same the day the game comes out. I understand that Best Buy has had problems before but coming on here the day a game comes out and complaining about not getting DLC or worrying that you aren't getting the $20 because you think your purchase wasn't rung up properly is pointless. This isn't directed at you personally though.

Nobody on here is going to be able to tell whether or not you are getting the RZ certs, only BB is. You don't get the cert for 30 days anyways, so just wait 5 days for the transaction to be posted, if it hasn't do the report missing points. If the 1000 points doesn't show up within 2 weeks, then call and find out whats going on. If everyone did that, instead of continuously posting every time a new game comes out thinking they aren't getting the cert, this thread would be a lot better.

[quote name='Flame Killa']Jesus, it's taking forever to get these Borderlands 2 points.[/QUOTE]

They aren't pending yet?

[quote name='slowdive21']I was thinking about making a PM thread, but I have been too busy. Maybe someone else can step up and make it.[/QUOTE]

I don't think there needs to be another thread. Whenever there is a pricematching opportunity it will be posted here you can guarantee it.

[quote name='Youngnoble']I don't think there needs to be another thread. Whenever there is a pricematching opportunity it will be posted here you can guarantee it.[/QUOTE]
But it's scattered information, wouldn't it be nice to have:

Borderlands 2 Pricematch (MSRP: $59.99)
Toys R Us
Price: $XX. XX
Promotion Time: October XX-XX
Other Information: Extra XX gift card

Wal-Mart
Other Information: None

FIFA 13 Pricematch (MSRP: $59.99)
Amazon
Other Information: YMMV on PM with Bestbuy

[quote name='aircobra']
Nobody on here is going to be able to tell whether or not you are getting the RZ certs, only BB is. You don't get the cert for 30 days anyways, so just wait 5 days for the transaction to be posted, if it hasn't do the report missing points. If the 1000 points doesn't show up within 2 weeks, then call and find out whats going on. If everyone did that, instead of continuously posting every time a new game comes out thinking they aren't getting the cert, this thread would be a lot better.[/QUOTE]

Well put, Ty :)

I said to myself last week that I needed to stay out of this thread on release day. Kinda wishing I had listened to myself :whee:

[quote name='TooPoor']But it's scattered information, wouldn't it be nice to have:

Borderlands 2 Pricematch (MSRP: $59.99)
Toys R Us
Other Information: Extra XX gift card

Wal-Mart
Other Information: None

FIFA 13 Pricematch (MSRP: $59.99)
Amazon
Other Information: YMMV on PM with Bestbuy[/QUOTE]

Careful, or you will nominate yourself to start the thread ;)

[quote name='godsmack13']Well put, Ty :)

I said to myself last week that I needed to stay out of this thread on release day. Kinda wishing I had listened to myself :whee:

Careful, or you will nominate yourself to start the thread ;)[/QUOTE]
Ha, I'm just OCD about formats and stuff...:drool:
Took me a while to create my own trade list...

Still havent got my DLC codes for either game.

Not too worried about the $20 certs as a quick call to BB will fix that. But it never takes this long for the codes to show up in email.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']Still havent got my DLC codes for either game.

Not too worried about the $20 certs as a quick call to BB will fix that. But it never takes this long for the codes to show up in email.[/QUOTE]

Yep no email with my DLC for either game RE6 or NBA2k13

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']Still havent got my DLC codes for either game.[/QUOTE]

:roll: You've already posted this. DLC codes are sent within 24 hours.

[quote name='aircobra']:roll: You've already posted this. DLC codes are sent within 24 hours.[/QUOTE]

Thats nice. Ill post again.

its 6:10pm and I havent gotten my codes yet.

[quote name='aircobra']If everyone did that, instead of continuously posting every time a new game comes out thinking they aren't getting the cert, this thread would be a lot better.[/QUOTE]
I know I jumped the gun, although not needlessly pointless, if you want to see thread crapping that is over at the AWD thread. Obviously I won't be seeing the points pending straight away, but at least in my instance I blogged about it here since I wanted to hear if anyone else just got that Order Pickup Receipt, or if you also get something else along with it.. like you know, the DLC code printed on a receipt.

Didn't help that the chick that took my order was clueless on how to ring it up, and the email to the DLC was supposed to be sent out today. So a chick that had issues checking my order out, and then telling me I should receive it tomorrow doesn't really help reaffirm my doubts. She also told me I could come back in 24 hours to get the PM in-store, which I'm not sure is correct.

Hell, I called earlier today and the first rep that I called told me she couldn't PM RE6 because I had already picked up the order and I would need to go to the store to PM. (Conflicting stories #1). Called back up, and luckily the 2nd rep was extremely helpful. She got all my info, checked the Frys page, called the store and I was on my way.

Besides, not exactly sure what else people would talk about in this thread when it's directly relating to the promo.

I just got order pickup form no receipt for BL2. As long as gcu is linked to online account your fine. You will see points pending within a week and DLC by tomorrow though I got mine today.

Do you have Frys in your area as I'm going to try and PM Anthology edition. I don't think you can PM online order in store as 24 hour she told you is probably wrong.

[quote name='Flame Killa']They've been pending for two weeks.[/QUOTE]

It takes 30 days and game has only been out 2 weeks. Be patient.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']
Do you have Frys in your area as I'm going to try and PM Anthology edition. [/QUOTE]
Yeah, the rep asked me if there was one in my area. Told me approximately how close, so I legitimately told her how long it takes me to get there. So then she went ahead called the store, and adjusted my order accordingly.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']It takes 30 days and game has only been out 2 weeks. Be patient.[/QUOTE]

I'm aware. I saw other people posting that they got theirs only a few days after release. Was really hoping I could use the credit on Dishonored..

I wish Amazon would step up their game. I thought BB would be a good replacement but they ruin it by going through this points stuff instead of just straight up giving us a GC.

[quote name='eXiON']Yeah, the rep asked me if there was one in my area. Told me approximately how close, so I legitimately told her how long it takes me to get there. So then she went ahead called the store, and adjusted my order accordingly.[/QUOTE]

I'm in Philly so guessing I'm screwed. Hopefully a retailer has price drop soon.

[quote name='Flame Killa']I'm aware. I saw other people posting that they got theirs only a few days after release. Was really hoping I could use the credit on Dishonored..[/QUOTE]

Their probably silver or preordered the game while in advance of release date. Mine is still pending as I was hoping to use on RE6, but guess I'll use it on Black Ops 2 instead.

FYI: I am planning on buying all of the Best Buy GCU $20 promo games, but only planning on keeping Dishonored, Halo 4, and AC3. If anyone is interested in the pre-order bonuses or online passes for the other games, please PM me.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']Still havent got my DLC codes for either game.

Not too worried about the $20 certs as a quick call to BB will fix that. But it never takes this long for the codes to show up in email.[/QUOTE]

Most games with emailed DLC came either the minute you picked up your preorder or was sent the morning of release date.

I don't remember what games they were but i think there were a couple of games that took a day to be sent.

FIFA was my 1st time taking advantage of this deal so i've never really followed this thread.... After reading all these replies I looked and my account shows the purchase on 9/23 and 1118 points earned and pending. I am NOT a silver member just a gamers club member. I pre-ordered it online and it shipped to my house since store pick-up wasn't available. (bought it at wal-mart at 12am and returned BB copy when it came in 2 days later lol) This DLC arrived the afternoon of release day via email.

Pre-ordered NBA 2K13 online 9/28 and picked it up in store this morning. Nothing shows on my account yet for it but I did receive the DLC pre-order freebies by email while I was walking out of the store.

I used a $5.00 reward zone coupon on the same transaction when I pre-ordered "Dishonered" and on the reciept it looks like the $5.00 pre-order only cost me $1.25. When I go and pick-up the game and I going to get $5.00 off the game or only $1.25?

Just picked up my preorder of RE6 Anthology and just want to say thanks to whoever brought up the Fry's price. I PM'ed with no problem. It looks like I got the preorder DLC email right when I paid for it for those wondering.

I didn't pm Fry's, just adjusted after the fact. Some clueless manager said it would be double dipping with the $20 RZ points. So I just walked past her and went to customer service and got it adjusted there. Hopefully nothing happens.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Just picked up my preorder of RE6 Anthology and just want to say thanks to whoever brought up the Fry's price. I PM'ed with no problem. It looks like I got the preorder DLC email right when I paid for it for those wondering.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']I didn't pm Fry's, just adjusted after the fact. Some clueless manager said it would be double dipping with the $20 RZ points. So I just walked past her and went to customer service and got it adjusted there. Hopefully nothing happens.[/QUOTE]

I take it both of you have Fry's in your areas?

After I pm with Fry's on RE6, can I still use random reward points certificates? Really wanted the game on the pc, but it seems like the release date for pc version got pushed back to November?

[quote name='ajh2298']I take it both of you have Fry's in your areas?[/QUOTE]
What is considered a local retail competitor?
A local retail competitor for retail store purchases is a retail store authorized by a vendor to sell a new, factory-sealed product with a warranty and is located in the same market area (within a 25 mile radius) of your local Best Buy store. A local retail competitor for BestBuy.com purchases is a retail store authorized by a vendor to sell a new, factory-sealed product with a warranty and is located in the same market area (within a 25 mile radius) as either the billing address or the shipping address on record for the purchase.

...but this really depends on the manager of your Best Buy I think.

Just got back from BBY PM'ing Anthology from Fry's ad. Had a bit of a wait and the general manager of the store ended up helping me. Didn't have a second thought doing the PM and really didn't care about the phone pic of the ad I showed her and just took me word. Got back $16.05 in cash making my total purchase for the Anthology about $35ish of my own money after PM, preorder deposit, $5 RZ cert, and $35.70 GC.

Now all I have to do is beat RE6 and get at least $35 for it and I come out even with 1-5 free to boot!

Besides getting the game 50% off or free, I think I came out pretty darn good overall on RE6 Anthology today :D

[quote name='$hady']FIFA was my 1st time taking advantage of this deal so i've never really followed this thread.... After reading all these replies I looked and my account shows the purchase on 9/23 and 1118 points earned and pending. I am NOT a silver member just a gamers club member. I pre-ordered it online and it shipped to my house since store pick-up wasn't available. (bought it at wal-mart at 12am and returned BB copy when it came in 2 days later lol) This DLC arrived the afternoon of release day via email.

Pre-ordered NBA 2K13 online 9/28 and picked it up in store this morning. Nothing shows on my account yet for it but I did receive the DLC pre-order freebies by email while I was walking out of the store.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to be a silver member to take advantage of these deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back