Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Foxconn Worker']wish watchdog was on the list[/QUOTE]This is for 2012 releases; Watch Dogs is confirmed as a 2013 release.

I really wish there was another game in this list I really wanted at release besides Halo 4. Don't have Unlocked and cant seem to justify it without getting 2 $20 certs.

You're math seems faulty to me. Unlocked = $15. Pre ordering 1 game (Halo 4) = $20 cert. Your'e still $5 ahead AND you get all the coupons/other offers Best Buy has. How is that not justifiable?

[quote name='Kyden139']You're math seems faulty to me. Unlocked = $15. Pre ordering 1 game (Halo 4) = $20 cert. Your'e still $5 ahead AND you get all the coupons/other offers Best Buy has. How is that not justifiable?[/QUOTE]

You're assuming the "true price" of the game is $60. That's not the case. He's saying he could get that price difference somewhere else, without having to pay a $15 "entrence fee" (though, as you point out, the coupons alone are more than worth it--at least this year).

[quote name='Enuf']

I feel you on the time/hassle but the profit is so so huge think about it this way if you make $10/hr that's less than $400/after taxes a week. .[/QUOTE]

I make about $35/hr before taxes so it might not be as good a deal for me.. I will end up playing the games and trading them to amazon or bestbuy for credit..

[quote name='GamerDude316']I really wish there was another game in this list I really wanted at release besides Halo 4. Don't have Unlocked and cant seem to justify it without getting 2 $20 certs.[/QUOTE]there's a link in post #295 to vote so more titles get added.

[quote name='kevgret']I make about $35/hr before taxes so it might not be as good a deal for me.. I will end up playing the games and trading them to amazon or bestbuy for credit..[/QUOTE]It won't work for all people but it's currently the best way to achieve the goal of converting BB credit to cash.

[quote name='kevgret']I make about $35/hr before taxes so it might not be as good a deal for me.. I will end up playing the games and trading them to amazon or bestbuy for credit..[/QUOTE]
Show off....:booty:

[quote name='TooPoor']Show off....:booty:[/QUOTE]

sorry... its not like im swimming in money.. its all relative... I make enough money to pay my school loans, house and car. What's left is just enough to feel like I'm not working 40 hours a week for nothing.

[quote name='kevgret']I make about $35/hr before taxes so it might not be as good a deal for me.. I will end up playing the games and trading them to amazon or bestbuy for credit..[/QUOTE]
The time value of money is a factor in purchasing decisions for a lot of people. That's reality. Craigslist is a crappy way to sell around here (lots of noise, not much signal) and eBay fees really eat into $45-50 sales of day one games. There's profit potential, but for me its not enough to warrant the time it would take to sell and pricematch this many games.

I'll probably pick up ACIII and Borderlands 2. Too bad Bioshock Infinite isn't on the list. I'd be all over that, esp. since it'll include the original Bioshock on disc for PS3.

[quote name='@FIF']The time value of money is a factor in purchasing decisions for a lot of people. That's reality. Craigslist is a crappy way to sell around here (lots of noise, not much signal) and eBay fees really eat into $45-50 sales of day one games. There's profit potential, but for me its not enough to warrant the time it would take to sell and pricematch this many games.

I'll probably pick up ACIII and Borderlands 2. Too bad Bioshock Infinite isn't on the list. I'd be all over that, esp. since it'll include the original Bioshock on disc for PS3.[/QUOTE]Whoa, I forgot all about this. I should probably trade in my PS3 copy of Bioshock for $8.40 after 110% bonus since I plan on getting Infinite for the same system. Thanks for saying that.

After deliberating for awhile now, I think I'll be picking up ACIII :)ps3:) and Dishonored (not sure which platform--possibly :360: given Bethesda's history with their games being glitchy on :ps3:) through this promo. The former will undoubtedly drop in price soon enough and to a large enough degree to justify the purchase of a Ubisoft title day-one, and the latter just looks like all kinds of awesome (the bonus USB whale oil lamp is icing on the cake).

Can you 30 day price match from stores other than best buy? For example, I pre order ac 3 to get steel case, 20 rz certs, and dlc. Then I wait for a sale (say at target). Can I then take my receipt to bb to get money back on the price match. Oh, and I'm a gamer unlocked reward zone member. Thanks.

[quote name='GarrettKapman']Can you 30 day price match from stores other than best buy? For example, I pre order ac 3 to get steel case, 20 rz certs, and dlc. Then I wait for a sale (say at target). Can I then take my receipt to bb to get money back on the price match. Oh, and I'm a gamer unlocked reward zone member. Thanks.[/QUOTE]As long as you have physical proof of the game in question being on sale at the store (e.g., copy of the retail ad featuring the sale price) and the store chain has a location in the immediate/nearby area, you should be fine. Note that you'd only be able to PM sale prices and not bonuses like gift cards (I think this is obvious, but it bears repeating).

[quote name='Vigilante']As long as you have physical proof of the game in question being on sale at the store (e.g., copy of the retail ad featuring the sale price) and the store chain has a location in the immediate/nearby area, you should be fine. Note that you'd only be able to PM sale prices and not bonuses like gift cards (I think this is obvious, but it bears repeating).[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Is this what most people do, or can i count on best buy to have a sale within my 30 day price match window?

[quote name='GarrettKapman']Thanks. Is this what most people do, or can i count on best buy to have a sale within my 30 day price match window?[/QUOTE]enuf can probably give you the rundown, but for games releasing closer to Thanksgiving/Christmas (e.g., ACIII), the likelihood of them going on sale anywhere within 30 days (plus the fact that Ubisoft games' prices drop like rocks) is higher because of the holiday season. You can't, however, PM sale prices that are effective during Black Friday and/or Thanksgiving weekend, according to Best Buy's policy.

I'm primarily considering ACIII for this promotion because of the near-100%, if not completely 100%, chance that it will be at least $40 on sale within 30 days, possibly even cheaper (AC: Revelations was $35 a week or two after its release, I believe).

Dishonored might not have as high a chance of dropping in price, but it looks epic enough to warrant the risk IMO.

[quote name='Vigilante']As long as you have physical proof of the game in question being on sale at the store (e.g., copy of the retail ad featuring the sale price) and the store chain has a location in the immediate/nearby area, you should be fine. Note that you'd only be able to PM sale prices and not bonuses like gift cards (I think this is obvious, but it bears repeating).[/QUOTE]I rarely if even have the physical ads either I show them the ad from the competitors website or just the item. Now if your BB's are stricter then you'll need to worry about them calling to verify stock too.

[quote name='GarrettKapman']Thanks. Is this what most people do, or can i count on best buy to have a sale within my 30 day price match window?[/QUOTE]Last yr Rage was the game that took forever to drop so I think the 30 day window past but not 45. With 60 days(for RZ silver members) & the fact that BB will extend the window for all usually thru mid Jan. getting games after mid Oct. should be pretty safe. You'll see the 2 weeks after BF & 3 weeks up to X-mas have tons of sales. I'm lucky to have pretty much all the retailers w/i reach to pm(walmart, GS, Target, Sears, Kmart, Sam's Club) so there's lil to no chance of not getting a pm the only issue is how much. Right now it's clear game sales are struggling which is why the $40 sales pop up so fast so this will continue till next gen.

Also, pretty much the only place to get LE/CE/SE pm'd from will be sam's club website & usually by about $15 off.

Just follow this thread daily & when there's a pm people will post it here.

I make a little more than that and have a company car. I still think its worth it and preordered Madden and NCAA with more to come.

[quote name='mrclutch']I make a little more than that and have a company car. I still think its worth it and preordered Madden and NCAA with more to come.[/QUOTE]

I think the $20 deal is great. I have every one of the games preordered. I just dont think its worth it to sell them on craigs list and turn that into more profit.. I dont have the time and when I do I want to be doing other things than working craigs list.. thats all I'm saying.

[quote name='Kyden139']You're math seems faulty to me. Unlocked = $15. Pre ordering 1 game (Halo 4) = $20 cert. Your'e still $5 ahead AND you get all the coupons/other offers Best Buy has. How is that not justifiable?[/QUOTE]

I just dont like the idea of paying $15 now to get $20 in December. I know Unlocked gives a lot of other benefits but I honestly dont shop at BB much (closest ones are over an hour away from me, and I dont get a lot from the site) so I dont know how much I'd use it.

Plus, Microsoft Store has a preorder and get $25 off another purchase with Halo 4. I can do that and get a free 1600 points card without having to pay a $15 signup. Just seems easier to me.

Ok, I think I made my decision to get this deal to work best for me. I will use my Max Payne $20 gift card I have towards Far Cry 3. I will then use that $20 RZ cert towards Dishonored (the oil lamp USB looks awesome, as does the game, of course), and I will use that $20 cert towards Black Ops II. Plus I have a bunch of Best Buy trade credit, so out of pocket cost for all three should be around $10, plus I'll have the COD $20 RZ cert left over. I know I won't get regular RZ points using gift cards and RZ certs, but to get these games for that little out of pocket is a great deal for my broke ass! The dates are perfect too. FC3 Sept 4, Dishonored over a month later on Oct. 9, and COD over a month later on Nov. 13. Perfect for the RZ points to post on my account!

[quote name='mightymek']Ok, I think I made my decision to get this deal to work best for me. I will use my Max Payne $20 gift card I have towards Far Cry 3. I will then use that $20 RZ cert towards Dishonored (the oil lamp USB looks awesome, as does the game, of course), and I will use that $20 cert towards Black Ops II. Plus I have a bunch of Best Buy trade credit, so out of pocket cost for all three should be around $10, plus I'll have the COD $20 RZ cert left over. I know I won't get regular RZ points using gift cards and RZ certs, but to get these games for that little out of pocket is a great deal for my broke ass! The dates are perfect too. FC3 Sept 4, Dishonored over a month later on Oct. 9, and COD over a month later on Nov. 13. Perfect for the RZ points to post on my account![/QUOTE]This is an intriguing game plan, and it would work for me too if my third game wouldn't be ACIII (3 weeks after Dishonored). :bomb:

Maybe I should take the plunge anyway. I just hope FC3 turns out great and isn't a far cry from what people are hoping it'll be... :lol:

*cricket chirp*

If i you daisy chain the gift cards for the games, and they drop price and then you PM, will they give you a choice of where the money is refunded? I think some place will only refund the GC, it would stink to keep track of all the cards

Also thinking of saving all my trade in and preorder cards then buying something pricey

[quote name='6er']If i you daisy chain the gift cards for the games, and they drop price and then you PM, will they give you a choice of where the money is refunded? I think some place will only refund the GC, it would stink to keep track of all the cards

Also thinking of saving all my trade in and preorder cards then buying something pricey[/QUOTE]I think if you paid with GCs, you'll be refunded a GC for the difference; if you paid with a credit card, you'd be credited back the difference.

[quote name='Vigilante']I think if you paid with GCs, you'll be refunded a GC for the difference; if you paid with a credit card, you'd be credited back the difference.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I'm talking about paying with both.

$20 GC, $40 on CC

[quote name='6er']If i you daisy chain the gift cards for the games, and they drop price and then you PM, will they give you a choice of where the money is refunded? I think some place will only refund the GC, it would stink to keep track of all the cards

Also thinking of saving all my trade in and preorder cards then buying something pricey[/QUOTE]

They added a new function to refunds with gift cards. If the cashier presses F2, they can put the refund back on a card you already have. This will help with having to carry tons of cards.

[quote name='te619']They added a new function to refunds with gift cards. If the cashier presses F2, they can put the refund back on a card you already have. This will help with having to carry tons of cards.[/QUOTE]

Please read the post above yours, will I be able to have the pm refund put on the credit card, if I use both

[quote name='6er']Please read the post above yours, will I be able to have the pm refund put on the credit card, if I use both[/QUOTE]

I price matched Max Payne 3 today. I originally paid with a gift card and a debit card. The PM amount was $21.20. I only paid $7.xx on my debit card, which is all they would refund me on my debit card. I was buying more stuff there anyway, so I said just to give it all on a gift card. So if you pay $10 credit and $50 gift card, and they price match you $20, they will only give you $10 back on your CC, and the rest on gift card, based on my experience today. She did offer me the credit to my card with what I paid in debit, so I didn't HAVE to get it all in a gift card, even though that was the majority of my payment. Hope that helps.

[quote name='Vigilante']This is an intriguing game plan, and it would work for me too if my third game wouldn't be ACIII (3 weeks after Dishonored). :bomb:

Maybe I should take the plunge anyway. I just hope FC3 turns out great and isn't a far cry from what people are hoping it'll be... :lol:

*cricket chirp*[/QUOTE]just select another title that comes out before it, trade that game in for the highest credit or sell on CL for $45-$50. PM the game to get the rest of what you spent back & use the credit to start your RZ train.

Also thinking of saving all my trade in and preorder cards then buying something pricey[/QUOTE]This is how refunds work
say you buy a $60 game & use
$20 cash/CC/debit
$20 RZ
$20 GC
they'll refund in this order RZ points, GC & finally cash/CC/debit. A rep can easily bypass the pc & offer any form of payment back but YMMV.

[quote name='Enuf']just select another title that comes out before it, trade that game in for the highest credit or sell on CL for $45-$50. PM the game to get the rest of what you spent back & use the credit to start your RZ train.

This is how refunds work
say you buy a $60 game & use
$20 cash/CC/debit
$20 RZ
$20 GC
they'll refund in this order RZ points, GC & finally cash/CC/debit. A rep can easily bypass the pc & offer any form of payment back but YMMV.[/QUOTE]
Thank you. And you too mightymek

[quote name='Vigilante']This is an intriguing game plan, and it would work for me too if my third game wouldn't be ACIII (3 weeks after Dishonored). :bomb:

*cricket chirp*[/QUOTE]

I decided I'm going to maximize this a little more, and trade some more games into Best Buy today for some more credit. I will add Medal of Honor to the preorder list. Since I'm using almost all Best Buy credit, this will work out great for me, and give me two leftover $20 RZ certs (since MOH credit won't be posted until after COD is released) in which I will use to preorder Splinter Cell Blacklist or another game I really want that will be released around that time. Plus, trading in a bunch of games with their double trade value helps clear my stupid large backlog of games I won't be playing anytime soon, or ever at the rate I'm going. Might as well turn them into new games I really want.

Anybody know whether Best Buy will carry the Resident Evil 6 Anthology/Archives editions? The website doesn't list either but I didn't know if the preorder kiosks had them listed.

BBY is making this WAY too complicated... have to be a member of an already confusing club... have to go the store... have to rely on their flaky "system" to track the purchases which means you're going to have check up on it all the time.

Totally not worth it.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']BBY is making this WAY too complicated... have to be a member of an already confusing club... have to go the store... have to rely on their flaky "system" to track the purchases which means you're going to have check up on it all the time.

Totally not worth it.[/QUOTE]

you become gamer unlocked
you pre-order a game
you pick up game
you get 1,000 rewardzone point

how is any of that complicated?

[quote name='mightymek']Might as well turn them into new games I really want.[/QUOTE]

This is sort of my mindset now. I know I want to play Borderlands 2, AC3, Dishonored, whatever. I think I want to play Wet and Majin & the Forsakin Kingdom.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']This is sort of my mindset now. I know I want to play Borderlands 2, AC3, Dishonored, whatever. I think I want to play Wet and Majin & the Forsakin Kingdom.[/QUOTE]

I got majin on Amazon $6.50, and although not the best game ever(majin has issues when controlling him occasionally) and some cut scenes seem a little "huh?.........huh?" It all comes together in the end and overall It's a very underrated game IMO. It's very zeldaish, IMO, and a bit refreshing in the story twists compared to the re tread storys a lot of the big games have been bringing, although the basis is very typical, a nobody reluctant hero. Plan on about 10 hours with a guide, and some minor wondering around for extras.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']This is sort of my mindset now. I know I want to play Borderlands 2, AC3, Dishonored, whatever. I think I want to play Wet and Majin & the Forsakin Kingdom.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, dude, that's exactly me. This site is great, and a curse at the same time. I have bought so many cheap impulse buy games it's crazy. So I have never played Turok or Red Faction Armageddon, wait, what's this, Best Buy's trade in value is more than I paid for each game, and I can use the credit to get a new game I really want, which also comes with a $20 certificate? Um, yeah! I'd rather play the new games over the older and/or mediocre games anyway.

okay, when Josh was in full force at kmart, i was buying nearly every new release that came out. I haven't bought a single 'new' release since, because, well, I'm a CAG.

So my question is this - is 'gamer's unlocked' worth the $15? There are only a couple games i'm interested in from this list, and having to spend $15 just to get involved takes a lot of the fun out. Does unlocked have similar deals year round?

If I wanted most of the games on the list I probably wouldn't care, but as it is only Dishonored and Far Cry 3 are on my 'want' list.

[quote name='affa']okay, when Josh was in full force at kmart, i was buying nearly every new release that came out. I haven't bought a single 'new' release since, because, well, I'm a CAG.

So my question is this - is 'gamer's unlocked' worth the $15? There are only a couple games i'm interested in from this list, and having to spend $15 just to get involved takes a lot of the fun out. Does unlocked have similar deals year round?

If I wanted most of the games on the list I probably wouldn't care, but as it is only Dishonored and Far Cry 3 are on my 'want' list.[/QUOTE]
Are you seriously missing out on the epic coupons and 10% trade in benefits?

[quote name='affa']okay, when Josh was in full force at kmart, i was buying nearly every new release that came out. I haven't bought a single 'new' release since, because, well, I'm a CAG.

If I wanted most of the games on the list I probably wouldn't care, but as it is only Dishonored and Far Cry 3 are on my 'want' list.[/QUOTE]

I really like the unlocked membership and see it as a huge money saving tool when gaming. Like TooPoor stated they have epic coupons from time to time and usually 1 or 2 good coupons each issue of the magazine that saves me $15-$20. Not to mention they also give you 10% extra trade in credit, 10% extra off a used game, a welcome package with coupons (B2G1 Free new games under $40, B2G1 free preowned games, 50% off a strategy guide, and 15% off a digital purchase under $15), and special offers for unlocked members like these preorders or a $20 gift card instead of a $10 one for preordeing and purchasing Max Payne 3 or Mass Effect 3.

[quote name='ps2emotions']Love for this to be on some Wii U games and 3DS mario games.[/QUOTE]Vote here Allan is getting the list updated as we speak
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Add-more-titles-20-RZ-promo/idi-p/531520

[quote name='ElektroDragon']BBY is making this WAY too complicated... have to be a member of an already confusing club... have to go the store... have to rely on their flaky "system" to track the purchases which means you're going to have check up on it all the time.

Totally not worth it.[/QUOTE]couple things
1-The $15 paid club is subsidizing all these great gaming deals that have been better than all other retailers combined deal for deal since last March.
2-The deal works for online too so you don't have to go in-store at all not even for price matches.
3-completely agree that the system needs to be blown up & built from scratch.
Are there currently any other retailers that are beating BB in any way game for game deal for deal?

If I wanted most of the games on the list I probably wouldn't care, but as it is only Dishonored and Far Cry 3 are on my 'want' list.[/QUOTE]The 1st 2 pages are full of BB deals. There game deals have pretty much set the bar since last March & it really hasn't been close. Even vs last yrs Kmart coupon chain BB was a better deal game for game since you'd pretty much get a $20 price match on each game to go along with the RZ points.
The $15 is an investment on a years worth of $5-$15 games to go along with huge promos & coupons that give major savings. Follow the @gamer thread to make a flip & you get the $15 back in the 1st month.

Glad to hear that they're open to adding more games. Hoping they add a bunch of the newer fighting games. TTT2, DOA5, PS All Stars. Thanks Enuf. I kudos'd the post and commented earlier today.

YES THE $15 SUB IS WORTH IT. Can we add that to the OP? All the cheap games u get u can easily flip to make ur money back and way better than buying the mags separately even if one month isnt as good.

For example, this months mag Ive only used Dragon Age 2. Sold it on ebay for about $10 after shipping/fees. Thats 5 off the 15. So I paid 10 for my sub (but ive used the coupons since last August and easily paid off my sub 10 times over it seems). If you do want to flip more of the games I would probably think about getting another sub for someone else. 5 a mag or throw down another 10 to get 11 more months. I think its worth it to get a 2nd sub.

These pre-order promos are just icing and a bonus now that Amazon doesnt want to give a 20 credit anywhere. I know im getting Borderlands 2 from BB.

[quote name='advanced']Glad to hear that they're open to adding more games. Hoping they add a bunch of the newer fighting games. TTT2, DOA5, PS All Stars. Thanks Enuf. I kudos'd the post and commented earlier today.[/QUOTE]FYI, there could be a huge change made to the GC that will pretty much offer $20 credit to all games more or less. Either coupons or something attached to the paid RZ GC that would offer a limited # of $20 promos that could be applied to any title not already included in a $20 promo. And we may see this type of promo go into effect yr round to since they wanted to basically have the 5 for $100 deal 4 times a yr.

Last edited by a moderator:
I, for one, am really digging the @Gamer subscription. Purchased it and got AC:Revelations last month. Grabbed Dragons Age 2 for $5:84 in the Mission district of SF yesterday. Waiting for that Soul Calibur sale though.

Is Max Payne 3 worth the $40 if I have a backlog?

[quote name='Enuf']FYI, there could be a huge change made to the GC that will pretty much offer $20 credit to all games more or less. Either coupons or something attached to the paid RZ GC that would offer a limited # of $20 promos that could be applied to any title not already included in a $20 promo. And we may see thistype of promo go into effect yr round to since they wanted to basically have the 5 for $100 deal 4 times a yr.[/QUOTE]:shock:

Uh...*stammers*

:shock:

[quote name='The Brief Chef']I, for one, am really digging the @Gamer subscription. Purchased it and got AC:Revelations last month. Grabbed Dragons Age 2 for $5:84 in the Mission district of SF yesterday. Waiting for that Soul Calibur sale though.

Is Max Payne 3 worth the $40 if I have a backlog?[/QUOTE]
If you are going to play it before your backlog, I would say yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back