Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely in for Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Medal of Honor: Warfighter, Assassin's Creed III, Halo 4, and Call of Duty Black Ops 2. Might get Resident Evil 6 if I see more of it, tempting at the moment though.

After watching E3 I'm only interested in The Last of Us and Beyond. Both not on the list - but then again they don't have release dates...

I'm using this for BlOps II with in store pickup I guess. COD games never go on sale until the 2nd or 3rd week in December for $39.99. Purchasing at BB online through upromise.com gives 5% back, which is nice.

So there's no extra hoops to jump through, just order with the RZ [unlocked] account number, and the $20 will post 1 month after pickup?

Can this be done in store to ensure I can pick it up on release day? Halo 4 lets me choose in store pickup but Borderlands 2 doesn't.

[quote name='kelo360']After watching E3 I'm only interested in The Last of Us and Beyond. Both not on the list - but then again they don't have release dates...[/QUOTE]Beyond won't release until 2013, and I'm pretty sure the same goes for The Last of Us.

I can't wait for those and Watch_Dogs. :bouncy:

[quote name='Vigilante']Beyond won't release until 2013, and I'm pretty sure the same goes for The Last of Us.

I can't wait for those and Watch_Dogs. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling Watch Dogs is next gen, no way that game will work/look that good on PS3/Xbox 360. Still can't wait for it along with Last of Us.

What amazes me is I feel like there are just as many good games coming out Spring 2013 compared to Fall 2012. Dead Space 3, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, God of War Ascension, Devil May Cry, South Park Stick of Truth, Metro Last Light, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Sim City. (whew). I'm sure a lot of these will get moved back just due to the amount of games that would have to fit that schedule.

[quote name='kamakazi5']Can this be done in store to ensure I can pick it up on release day? Halo 4 lets me choose in store pickup but Borderlands 2 doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Yes you can straight order online, chose in-store pickup or pre-order directly in-store and it will qualify. For in-store and store pick-up you need to pickup within 7 days to qualify for the $20 in reward certificates.

[quote name='howyoudoin']I have a feeling Watch Dogs is next gen, no way that game will work/look that good on PS3/Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

No, it's this gen. They even said it was, it was just shown on a high end PC.

Been away from CAG for a minute will get the details and/or make the needed posts/links to streamline the process just give me a day or 2.

[quote name='argyle']Wonder if they'll add any games to this list? I'd love to see NFS: Most Wanted on here after that awesome demonstration of it during EA's show today.[/QUOTE]Gonna get on top of this to see if most/all top notch titles will be avail. once link is posted people will need to post/vote accordingly to get them to do it fast.

[quote name='lordopus99']Again, a warning... if you chain with the coupons, you will not be able to price match since your price will show 39.99 (which is probably the lowest sale price you will see).[/QUOTE]If you're referring to RZ certs you CAN price match to get the $20 back. You won't get cash though it'll be $20 in RZ unless you know a nice CSR that will override it accordingly.

[quote name='trabbahabba']price match a black friday deal?[/QUOTE]return/rebuy BB doesn't pm on from BF to cyber monday. Don't think that'll change

[quote name='aircobra']No, it's this gen. They even said it was, it was just shown on a high end PC.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense because it looked and ran amazing which would explain it running on a PC during the demo

[quote name='argyle']Wonder if they'll add any games to this list? I'd love to see NFS: Most Wanted on here after that awesome demonstration of it during EA's show today.[/QUOTE]

Its possible. Last year's 5 for $100 promo had games added to the promotion after the initial list.

Hopefully Darksiders 2 gets added. I preordered the CE at BB before it went oos.

Went to Best Buy yesterday and pre-ordered AC3, Dishonored, Halo 4 and Borderlands 2. The employee said that they may be adding games to the list as well.

[quote name='Donut2922']Its possible. Last year's 5 for $100 promo had games added to the promotion after the initial list.

Hopefully Darksiders 2 gets added. I preordered the CE at BB before it went oos.[/QUOTE]

i hope you are right

[quote name='howyoudoin']
What amazes me is I feel like there are just as many good games coming out Spring 2013 compared to Fall 2012. Dead Space 3, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, God of War Ascension, Devil May Cry, South Park Stick of Truth, Metro Last Light, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Sim City. (whew). I'm sure a lot of these will get moved back just due to the amount of games that would have to fit that schedule.[/QUOTE]

I think this is because we are going to see MS and Sony launch new systems next Fall. There will be some overlap but all the 360 and PS3 games are going to launch in the next 18 months and then MAYBE we get some cross-platform games before everything is 720 and PS4.

[quote name='Trojann']So can I do this in store? And if so can this be applyed to Halo 4 Limited Edition?[/QUOTE]

Yes and Yes

I have a few questions since I am new to this Rewards Zone Thing.
I plan on taking advantage of the 100% Trade in Bonus to obtain if my math is correct in the games I have, close to $100,

I already have NCAA 13 preordered on Amazon for $45. Or use $45 dollars worth of credit at Best Buy to buy a Amazon gift card? or Do I go ahead and cancel this and start the chain of buying this Madden, and FIFA?

Essentaily I am asking to see what I should do to spend the least amount of actually CASH. I would like to be able to pay for most of this with credit, or the eCeritifcates. Any help would be greatly appreciated

[quote name='TheSportsGamer23']I have a few questions since I am new to this Rewards Zone Thing.
I plan on taking advantage of the 100% Trade in Bonus to obtain if my math is correct in the games I have, close to $100,

I already have NCAA 13 preordered on Amazon for $45. Or use $45 dollars worth of credit at Best Buy to buy a Amazon gift card? or Do I go ahead and cancel this and start the chain of buying this Madden, and FIFA?

Essentaily I am asking to see what I should do to spend the least amount of actually CASH. I would like to be able to pay for most of this with credit, or the eCeritifcates. Any help would be greatly appreciated[/QUOTE]

If you will have 100$ at BB to 'seed' your purchase chain you should start there... otherwise you are already out 45$ cash at Amazon. However... keep in mind the RZ points take 35 days to convert to rewards certs.

[quote name='KansasFF']If you will have 100$ at BB to 'seed' your purchase chain you should start there... otherwise you are already out 45$ cash at Amazon. However... keep in mind the RZ points take 35 days to convert to rewards certs.[/QUOTE]

I think the spacing will be fine because NCAA releases 7/10. Madden would be the next game releasing 8/28. FIFA 9/25. Almost a month in between each of them. Obviously you are saying I am going to save money in the long run because of the RZ points, Ill be spending less on each game down the road

Updated and cleaned up the OP a bit.

I didn't want this thread to get buried and also wanted to bring to people's attention that Spec Ops: The Line comes out on June 26 and you can get a $10 GC if you preorder at BB. Check the link in the OP.

[quote name='Enuf']
If you're referring to RZ certs you CAN price match to get the $20 back. You won't get cash though it'll be $20 in RZ unless you know a nice CSR that will override it accordingly.[/QUOTE]
Yes I am. So an override is needed in order to do this type of match? I tried to do this type of match a year or so ago and was denied. When was this changed?

This thread is dangerous to my wallet... I still need to unlock but still lol. I don't see an expiration date on the OP. I take it this offer doesn't expire until the respective titles are released?

On.the site it still says nothing about the whale Oil lamp, but the guy at my store said they got pre order info cards that acknowledge it. So, still, know one knows if the website will offer it?

[quote name='TheSportsGamer23']I think the spacing will be fine because NCAA releases 7/10. Madden would be the next game releasing 8/28. FIFA 9/25. Almost a month in between each of them. Obviously you are saying I am going to save money in the long run because of the RZ points, Ill be spending less on each game down the road[/QUOTE]

If there was an award for "most accurate username" you would definitely be a candidate.

Slightly off-topic, but has anyone received their $20 (or $10) pre-order bonus from Max Payne 3?
I know they said they'd e-mail us our GC codes, but I've got an issue with BBY where I don't get any e-mail from them...at all. So I need to know when to start calling their customer support to get mine.

[quote name='DFogz']Slightly off-topic, but has anyone received their $20 (or $10) pre-order bonus from Max Payne 3?
I know they said they'd e-mail us our GC codes, but I've got an issue with BBY where I don't get any e-mail from them...at all. So I need to know when to start calling their customer support to get mine.[/QUOTE]

I got mine and spent it already. The email came 5/31. Double check your spam folder, then give customer service a call. Good luck.

[quote name='Dund3r']Updated and cleaned up the OP a bit.

I didn't want this thread to get buried and also wanted to bring to people's attention that Spec Ops: The Line comes out on June 26 and you can get a $10 GC if you preorder at BB. Check the link in the OP.[/QUOTE]

I actually liked the Demo for this game. It is nothing groundbreaking but it seems fun. I was going to wait on this game but with the $10 + a 60 day PM window it might be worth the shot. I am not really looking at the MP so I could buy it for $50 and trade it in 2 weeks. I figure in 60 days that a game like this might see a drop to $29.99 to $34.99. If you got even $30 on trade this game is basically a free rental in time. Going to have to decide soon what to do.

Originally wanted to Redbox it but I guess they are not carrying it.

I read through the first 4 pages of this thread and I tried searching with no luck to find the answer to a question asked by someone else. If you preordered before this deal was announced will they honor the $20 RZ for the preorder?

I searched and couldn't really find an answer to this question, so I guess I'll ask. Can I order online and have it be shipped or does it have to be in store pickup?

[quote name='lordopus99']Yes I am. So an override is needed in order to do this type of match? I tried to do this type of match a year or so ago and was denied. When was this changed?[/QUOTE]It's really just a simple pm but your BB reps were @ss. RZ are considered payment so just like cash but some reps think differently. The system will automatically refund in the order RZ certs, giftcard & finally cash/credit. Obviously, they'd prefer you to have RZ or GC back since it's "locked" into BB(not really) but I've had it overrided more than once just b/c my BB reps where nice.

[quote name='kidrocklive']This thread is dangerous to my wallet... I still need to unlock but still lol. I don't see an expiration date on the OP. I take it this offer doesn't expire until the respective titles are released?[/QUOTE]Pretty much going to be the same rules as the 5 for $100 deal.
Here's the FAQ from the 5 for $100 deal
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...Pre-Ordering-and-Purchasing-Games/td-p/288588

[quote name='ndcurtis']I read through the first 4 pages of this thread and I tried searching with no luck to find the answer to a question asked by someone else. If you preordered before this deal was announced will they honor the $20 RZ for the preorder?[/QUOTE]Should automatically be done but this will be covered in the BB official FAQ. But there could be system issues just being honest.

[quote name='alex12353']I searched and couldn't really find an answer to this question, so I guess I'll ask. Can I order online and have it be shipped or does it have to be in store pickup?[/QUOTE]Valid for in-store/online just like the 5 for $100 deal. You just need to meet the normal requirements for most RZ deals
1-Pre-order the game by the Monday BEFORE it releases
2-Pick it up no later than the Sat/ of it's release week(this may be extended for in-store p/u as seen with the MP3 deal but this is generally the rule)

[quote name='alex12353']I searched and couldn't really find an answer to this question, so I guess I'll ask. Can I order online and have it be shipped or does it have to be in store pickup?[/QUOTE]
You forgot search the BB website, as it clearly states you can do either.

Remember people, start as the source for any questions. Then Google( found it works a LOT better than the site search, which always gives me bizarre results) . Then ask here. You'll usually get your answer faster.

[quote name='brianace']I got mine and spent it already. The email came 5/31. Double check your spam folder, then give customer service a call. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, glad to know people have already gotten theirs. I'll start calling today.
Checked the spam and nothing, I've been having a weird issue with them for over a year now and no one can figure out why, but I just don't get any e-mails from them at all. It sucks because I'm a Silver member too, and have never gotten a single Premiere members offer/coupon

While this 20$ credit is good all of these games will get cheap fast except for mabye halo 4 and black ops 2. I'll just play some older games in my backlog untill the games I want on this list drop in price

from all u guys who did these preorders in the past what is the percentage usually 4 when another competitor has a sale on a new release game in the first month? would like to get in on this but if theirs no price match involved the its like 40$ including tax basically not really that great of a deal.

[quote name='ddog510']If they added Watch Dogs, I'd jump in on this.[/QUOTE]

Watch Dogs may not even come out this gen so don't anticipate many deals for it until it gets a firm street date.

[quote name='strait edge follower']While this 20$ credit is good all of these games will get cheap fast except for mabye halo 4 and black ops 2. I'll just play some older games in my backlog untill the games I want on this list drop in price[/QUOTE]
Yeah I agree, seeing how tons of games are coming out this holiday season, most of them will be ignored and price drops will happen. That is why you should pick games that either don't drop in price for awhile or a game that will contain tons of content.

I have so far pre-ordered Black Ops 2 (I know it will take awhile for it to drop and I can probably break even when I trade it back in a month later. Black Ops 1 still has a $24 trade in value after 100% bonus at BB. :whistle2:#) and Assassins Creed 3 ($20 back, steelbook, 2 more pre-order exclusive DLC). Paying $120 and getting $40 back for these 2 titles day 1 is better than nothing, plus it gives me a reason to make the most out of my unlocked subscription. :D

[quote name='ddog510']If they added Watch Dogs, I'd jump in on this.[/QUOTE]
The games on the list are all coming out this year...

[quote name='htz']Yeah I agree, seeing how tons of games are coming out this holiday season, most of them will be ignored and price drops will happen. That is why you should pick games that either don't drop in price for awhile or a game that will contain tons of content.

I have so far pre-ordered Black Ops 2 (I know it will take awhile for it to drop and I can probably break even when I trade it back in a month later. Black Ops 1 still has a $24 trade in value after 100% bonus at BB. :whistle2:#) and Assassins Creed 3 ($20 back, steelbook, 2 more pre-order exclusive DLC). Paying $120 and getting $40 back for these 2 titles day 1 is better than nothing, plus it gives me a reason to make the most out of my unlocked subscription. :D

The games on the list are all coming out this year...[/QUOTE]

hey htz, do borderland games tend to drop price fast like assassins creed games?

[quote name='YBX87']hey htz, do borderland games tend to drop price fast like assassins creed games?[/QUOTE]

Theres only been one so not much to go on. But... No nothing drops as fast as an assassins creed game.

[quote name='YBX87']hey htz, do borderland games tend to drop price fast like assassins creed games?[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure, since the game wasn't on my radar when it originally released. 2K did release a GOTY edition a year later after its original debut.

[quote name='htz']I'm not sure, since the game wasn't on my radar when it originally released. 2K did release a GOTY edition a year later after its original debut.[/QUOTE]

It was 39.99 MSRP at release too...The game was under most people's radar.

[quote name='strait edge follower']While this 20$ credit is good all of these games will get cheap fast except for mabye halo 4 and black ops 2. I'll just play some older games in my backlog untill the games I want on this list drop in price[/QUOTE]

Yeah but if you are a silver member it is almost a no brainer unless you want to pay less than $20. A 60 day PM window on these games almost guarantees a $20 RZ cert AND a cheaper game. If you are waiting for sub $30 that just may not happen for 6-8 months on everything but AC. And we do not even know if that is going to happen since the game has so much hype behind it. I know many of you are not silver but I plan on using it to he fullest this fall. I plan on getting Far Cry 3, Borderlands 2, Dishonored, ACIII, BLOPSII, ad HALO 4. Since it is all trade credit I plan to spend max about $30 game + tax. For some I would not be surprised to get them for $20. Yeah waiting will always see a price drop but some of these I plan on playing and trading also making them even cheaper to get.

Question for the BB experts here:

I don't have Unlocked, but I preordered Halo 4 today. If I get Unlocked before release, will I be able to make sure my account get the $20 cert?

[quote name='GamerDude316']Question for the BB experts here:

I don't have Unlocked, but I preordered Halo 4 today. If I get Unlocked before release, will I be able to make sure my account get the $20 cert?[/QUOTE]
If you are not a Gamers Club Unlocked member at time of pre-order, you must join in-store prior to game pickup or shipment. If you join on day of in-store pickup, enrollment must be on the same transaction as game pickup and member number must be provided to be eligible. If you join after game pickup or shipment, you will not be eligible to receive an award for that title.
Just make sure your unlocked before you pick-up the game. The quoted section is pulled from the terms and condition of the offer.

Please provide Reward Zone member number at time of pre-order and pickup.
I also want to add that you must be a reward zone member at least when you placed the pre-order though. You need to have the reward zone member number tied to your pre-order deposit receipt. It is so the system can track that you pre-ordered, and when you upgrade to unlocked it will still be tied to the same reward zone membership number.

[quote name='htz']Just make sure your unlocked before you pick-up the game. The quoted section is pulled from the terms and condition of the offer.

I also want to add that you must be a reward zone member at least when you placed the pre-order though. You need to have the reward zone member number tied to your pre-order deposit receipt. It is so the system can track that you pre-ordered, and when you upgrade to unlocked it will still be tied to the same reward zone membership number.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I am a RZ member and that is on my receipt too so it shouldnt be an issue.

Almost no games drop as fast as the ass creed games and that includes the borderlands games lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back