Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
For people still interested in NCAA Football 13 for the $20 + $10 bonuses, I found a way to force in-store pickup. Do a search on BB.com for "NCAA Football 13". You'll have the both the Xbox/PS3 versions listed. If you see "Available for Store Pickup at these local stores:" and your store is listed, you're set to go. Just click on the store and add to cart. When you add to cart, you'll see the radio box for Store Pickup is not selected. LEAVE IT ALONE! Do not touch it, do not bother it. Click check out, login, and do the rest. You'll see it was successfully available for pickup at your store.

For people who do not have their store come up on the search page. First make sure your store has some available (of course they do but make sure). If it doesn't say available in the store checker, then this won't work. Also use the zip code of the store you want to pick up from because you have to have that store show up on the search page otherwise this won't work.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']For people still interested in NCAA Football 13 for the $20 + $10 bonuses, I found a way to force in-store pickup. Do a search on BB.com for "NCAA Football 13". You'll have the both the Xbox/PS3 versions listed. If you see "Available for Store Pickup at these local stores:" and your store is listed, you're set to go. Just click on the store and add to cart. When you add to cart, you'll see the radio box for Store Pickup is not selected. LEAVE IT ALONE! Do not touch it, do not bother it. Click check out, login, and do the rest. You'll see it was successfully available for pickup at your store.

For people who do not have their store come up on the search page. First make sure your store has some available (of course they do but make sure). If it doesn't say available in the store checker, then this won't work. Also use the zip code of the store you want to pick up from because you have to have that store show up on the search page otherwise this won't work.[/QUOTE]

Mine just say In-Store Only :( -- I completely forgot to do it the past few days, kept remembering when IW as in the car ha

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']Mine just say In-Store Only :( -- I completely forgot to do it the past few days, kept remembering when IW as in the car ha[/QUOTE]

You can still do it, just follow the method. You have to add it from the search page. You'll see "Available for Store Pickup at these local stores:", click your store and add to cart. This will allow you to do it.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']You can still do it, just follow the method. You have to add it from the search page. You'll see "Available for Store Pickup at these local stores:", click your store and add to cart. This will allow you to do it.[/QUOTE]

Yea mine wasn't showing up, but if I browse Best Buy by going to Video Games --> Xbox 360 --> EA Sports... then I Can enter my zip code on the side and then I can do it via your method... thanks for the tip!

Here is the direct link to the page I'm talking about for those wondering (xbox 360 version) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...SP&sp=-bestsellingsort+skuid&usc=abcat0700000 just type your zip code on the left hand side and it works!

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']You can still do it, just follow the method. You have to add it from the search page. You'll see "Available for Store Pickup at these local stores:", click your store and add to cart. This will allow you to do it.[/QUOTE]
ok i did it that way, but at checkout it changed to shipped to home and in store is greyed out! help, any way around this? i want in store pickup!

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Glad it finally worked for you![/QUOTE]
but is this supposed to work for in-store pickup too or only shipped to home?

[quote name='PublikDefender']ok i did it that way, but at checkout it changed to shipped to home and in store is greyed out! help, any way around this? i want in store pickup!

but is this supposed to work for in-store pickup too or only shipped to home?[/QUOTE]

It's working just ignore that and continue through. You'll see after you login that it's going to do in-store pickup.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']It's working just ignore that and continue through. You'll see after you login that it's going to do in-store pickup.[/QUOTE]
thank you!!!!!!

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']It's working just ignore that and continue through. You'll see after you login that it's going to do in-store pickup.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, the order went through and the email sent to me clearly states pre-order. however, there is no mention of the $20 gamer unlocked bonus in my receipt or confirmation email. did something go wrong?

[quote name='PublikDefender']Thanks, the order went through and the email sent to me clearly states pre-order. however, there is no mention of the $20 gamer unlocked bonus in my receipt or confirmation email. did something go wrong?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it will mention it. Might have to ask if any one else had that listed in their receipt. I don't remember it ever doing that in previous offers.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I don't think it will mention it. Might have to ask if any one else had that listed in their receipt. I don't remember it ever doing that in previous offers.[/QUOTE]
ok, thanks for all your help tonight. the confirmation email is proof enough. if i don't get the $20 bonus, i'll just show the email and they'll have to honor it by giving me a $20 gift card.

Thanks for the link!:applause:

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']Yea mine wasn't showing up, but if I browse Best Buy by going to Video Games --> Xbox 360 --> EA Sports... then I Can enter my zip code on the side and then I can do it via your method... thanks for the tip!

Here is the direct link to the page I'm talking about for those wondering (xbox 360 version) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...SP&sp=-bestsellingsort+skuid&usc=abcat0700000 just type your zip code on the left hand side and it works![/QUOTE]

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']Yea mine wasn't showing up, but if I browse Best Buy by going to Video Games --> Xbox 360 --> EA Sports... then I Can enter my zip code on the side and then I can do it via your method... thanks for the tip!

Here is the direct link to the page I'm talking about for those wondering (xbox 360 version) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemplatemapper.jsp?id=pcat17080&type=page&qp=q70726f63657373696e6774696d653a3e313930302d30312d3031~~cabcat0700000%23%230%23%2319r~~cabcat0701000%23%230%23%233z~~cabcat0701002%23%230%23%233k~~nf432||45412053504f525453&list=y&nrp=15&sc=gameToySP&sp=-bestsellingsort+skuid&usc=abcat0700000 just type your zip code on the left hand side and it works![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip about the zip code.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Also if you want to maximize your 30 day PM window for Sunday ads for non-silver members, pick-up on Friday would give you an extra Sunday.[/QUOTE]you should always p/u items on sat. regardless of whether you're a silver member or not since this will fully extend your pm ability for a full week of ads.

YOU DO NOT HAVE USE THE $5 PRE-ORDER ON THE PURCHASE TO GET THE $20 PROMO. As long as you meet both requirements you get the $20 RZ
1-Pre-order the game by the cut off period
2-Buy the game by the cur off period

I don't think alot of people realize that you can pre-order a game in-store for $5 then do the b2g1 online to get the $10 code & still receive the $20 RZ. Return the $5 pre-order, exchange it or move it to another title.

Also, if you have alot of BB credit that you want to convert to cash this is the deal to do...
1 - 12 games for $720 + tax (- $720 credit/cash)
2 - Sell each title for $50 on CL (+ $600 cash)
3 - Price match each title to $40 (+ $240 credit/cash)
4 - You get another $240 credit for doing the deal (+ $240 credit)
5 - If using cash you get 960 base RZ points (+ $15 credit & 40 points away from another $5)
5B - You get another 120 RZ points if you're a silver member so the RZ point total will be $20 not $15.

End result $480 spent to get $600 cash & at least $480 in credit...best deal going

[quote name='Enuf']YOU DO NOT HAVE USE THE $5 PRE-ORDER ON THE PURCHASE TO GET THE $20 PROMO. As long as you meet both requirements you get the $20 RZ

I don't think alot of people realize that you can pre-order a game in-store for $5 then do the b2g1 online to get the $10 code & still receive the $20 RZ. Return the $5 pre-order, exchange it or move it to another title.

Also, if you have alot of BB credit that you want to convert to cash this is the deal to do...
5 - If using cash you get 960 base RZ points (+ $15 credit & 40 points away from another $5)
5B - You get another 120 RZ points if you're a silver member so the RZ point total will be $20 not $15.

End result $480 spent to get $600 cash & at least $495 in credit...best deal going[/QUOTE]

If you pick-up the game in a B2G1 you can't PM though.

And I think your end result math is incorrect. End result should be $720 cash (not $480) to get $600 cash/$495 credit. You're counting the $240 PM money twice (deducting it from the original $720 and also adding it as $240 toward the total $480 PM/RZ credit). It should either be $720 = $600/$495 or $480 = $600/$255

Still a great deal regardless, and as a silver member, I'm picking up every game that comes with a $20 RZ cert...

[quote name='esalw822']If you pick-up the game in a B2G1 you can't PM though.

And I think your end result math is incorrect. End result should be $720 cash (not $480) to get $600 cash/$495 credit. You're counting the $240 PM money twice (deducting it from the original $720 and also adding it as $240 toward the total $480 PM/RZ credit). It should either be $720 = $600/$495 or $480 = $600/$255

Still a great deal regardless, and as a silver member, I'm picking up every game that comes with a $20 RZ cert...[/QUOTE]
1- not everyone will do the b2g1
2 - You get $240 back from PM'ing the $720 to $480 & another $240 in RZ for THIS DEAL 12 games $20 RZ each = $240 credit.

Some CAG's were smart enuf to use they spouse's/GF's RZ accounts to get 1 set of games to use for the 5 for $100 deal & then keep the other games on their RZ accounts. I'd suggest doing the same with this too

[quote name='Enuf']1- not everyone will do the b2g1
2 - You get $240 back from PM'ing the $720 to $480 & another $240 in RZ for THIS DEAL 12 games $20 RZ each = $240 credit.[/QUOTE]

65*12= 780 since you get charged tax. Most people will not be able to sell the games for $50, not to mention gas and time. Plus there is no guarentee that they will be able to pm each game for $40.

Enuf,

Do I understand you correctly, I have previously preordered NCAA football 13 in store. Can I now just go ahead and purchase it normally for an instore pick up to get the 10 dollar code back? Also, can I then after picking up the game just get a refund on the preorder and still be fine? Just want to make sure before I mess up my 20 dollar RZ certificate for preodering.

[quote name='shady520']65*12= 780 since you get charged tax. Most people will not be able to sell the games for $50, not to mention gas and time. Plus there is no guarentee that they will be able to pm each game for $40.[/QUOTE]
1- If you look at my 1st post it says "$720 + tax" but since we are all in different states I can't break it down that much it's up to the people.
2- gas/time this deal can be done online & pm's can be done over the phone, meet the CL people at the local mall that's what I do but I can understand ppl factor this in.
3- If your posting the games on CL prior to there release why would a person choose to go pay $60 + tax in-store vs your $50 tax free?
4- I hear the $40 pm skeptics all the time meanwhile just look at the forums pages full of $40 sale prices that have been happening all year. During this promo it'll be the busiest shopping season & even if you're not silver BB extends the pm policy to 2013 for stuff purchased from mid Oct till x-mas. But lets say 2 games don't drop to $40 ok look at all the credit your getting.
I'm RZ silver based off mainly games & I'm pm 90% off them either on the spot or w/i 45 days. Since last sat. I've pm'd all the GS vita deals & the 2 BB DOTD's to go along with 3 dvd deals I'd say I've pm'd at least 80 items in the last 12 months.

[quote name='ps3gamer35']Enuf,

Do I understand you correctly, I have previously preordered NCAA football 13 in store. Can I now just go ahead and purchase it normally for an instore pick up to get the 10 dollar code back? Also, can I then after picking up the game just get a refund on the preorder and still be fine? Just want to make sure before I mess up my 20 dollar RZ certificate for preodering.[/QUOTE]the only requirement to get the $20 RZ is to pre-order the game by a certain date & purchase it by a certain date. You don't have to use the $5 pre-order on the game. I've forgotten to bring the receipt for the $5 several times & wound up just using the $5 for something else & it's never effected the $10 or $20 promos b/c I still met the requirements.

[quote name='Enuf']1- If you look at my 1st post it says "$720 + tax" but since we are all in different states I can't break it down that much it's up to the people.
2- gas/time this deal can be done online & pm's can be done over the phone, meet the CL people at the local mall that's what I do but I can understand ppl factor this in.
3- If your posting the games on CL prior to there release why would a person choose to go pay $60 + tax in-store vs your $50 tax free?
4- I hear the $40 pm skeptics all the time meanwhile just look at the forums pages full of $40 sale prices that have been happening all year. During this promo it'll be the busiest shopping season & even if you're not silver BB extends the pm policy to 2013 for stuff purchased from mid Oct till x-mas. But lets say 2 games don't drop to $40 ok look at all the credit your getting.
I'm RZ silver based off mainly games & I'm pm 90% off them either on the spot or w/i 45 days. Since last sat. I've pm'd all the GS vita deals & the 2 BB DOTD's to go along with 3 dvd deals I'd say I've pm'd at least 80 items in the last 12 months.

the only requirement to get the $20 RZ is to pre-order the game by a certain date & purchase it by a certain date. You don't have to use the $5 pre-order on the game. I've forgotten to bring the receipt for the $5 several times & wound up just using the $5 for something else & it's never effected the $10 or $20 promos b/c I still met the requirements.[/QUOTE]

So returning/exchanging the pre-order receipt will not negate the $20 certificate because I pre ordered it last night at 11:30 in store thinking I was out the $10 store pick-up code so if that's the case I'll just do an instore pick-up in the morning so I can get the $30 total.

[quote name='boogie4114']So returning/exchanging the pre-order receipt will not negate the $20 certificate because I pre ordered it last night at 11:30 in store thinking I was out the $10 store pick-up code so if that's the case I'll just do an instore pick-up in the morning so I can get the $30 total.[/QUOTE]just make sure you purchase the game PRIOR to returning/exchanging the $5 pre-order.

I'm confused. The last two pages make it seem like the preorder stuff for NCAA has been pulled but right now I can get pre-order buttons for both systems with one click on the home page. And the $20 RZ offer is listed underneath and also shows up in the cart.

Would they still honor that?

[quote name='Enuf']1- not everyone will do the b2g1
2 - You get $240 back from PM'ing the $720 to $480 & another $240 in RZ for THIS DEAL 12 games $20 RZ each = $240 credit.

Some CAG's were smart enuf to use they spouse's/GF's RZ accounts to get 1 set of games to use for the 5 for $100 deal & then keep the other games on their RZ accounts. I'd suggest doing the same with this too[/QUOTE]

You posted $480 = $600 + $495 credit.

But you can only count the PM credit once in your equation. So either:

$720 = $600 + $495 ($240 RZ deal/$240 PM credit/$15 RZ points)
or
$480 ($720 - $240 PM credit) = $600 + $255 ($240 RZ deal/$15 RZ points)

but never:
$480 = $600 + $495

[quote name='Enuf']YOU DO NOT HAVE USE THE $5 PRE-ORDER ON THE PURCHASE TO GET THE $20 PROMO. As long as you meet both requirements you get the $20 RZ

End result $480 spent to get $600 cash & at least $480 in credit...best deal going[/QUOTE]

Hey enuf I'm interested in doing this but im not a silver member. So you are saying every previous title with this preorder promo has dropped to $40 at other retails before the 30 day price match ended before? Sounds kinda risky to relie on other stores.

[quote name='esalw822']You posted $480 = $600 + $495 credit.

But you can only count the PM credit once in your equation. So either:

$720 = $600 + $495 ($240 RZ deal/$240 PM credit/$15 RZ points)
or
$480 ($720 - $240 PM credit) = $600 + $255 ($240 RZ deal/$15 RZ points)

but never:
$480 = $600 + $495[/QUOTE]I never posted that b/c it's not correct the error in your math is that I'm NOT counting the pm TWICE $240 comes from the price match the other $240 is the $20 RZ credit that you earn per game for THIS DEAL. 12 games times $20 RZ = $240 credit.

1 - You spend $720 upfront over the course of the promo & would get $240 back via pm thus $480 spent.
$720 - $240 = $480, your $480 in the hole

2- You get $600 cash from CL by selling all the titles
+ $600

3- This promo is for $20 per game which is another $240 in credit
+ $240

4- If you use cash that's another $15 or $20 credit
+ $15 or $20

End result $480 spent to get $600 cash & at least $480 in credit. My only typo was added in the credit to $495 as opposed to $480 since I started the scenario with using credit. Thus the $15 or $20 wouldn't apply.

[quote name='Sepatown Tippie Tais']I'm confused. The last two pages make it seem like the preorder stuff for NCAA has been pulled but right now I can get pre-order buttons for both systems with one click on the home page. And the $20 RZ offer is listed underneath and also shows up in the cart.

Would they still honor that?[/QUOTE]As long as you get the pre-order in before it switches to sale your good. Even when they take the reg PO down if you have the pre-order SKU(which is different than the purchase SKU) you could have a store rep use the sku & pay the $5 pre-order in-store.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']Hey enuf I'm interested in doing this but im not a silver member. So you are saying every previous title with this preorder promo has dropped to $40 at other retails before the 30 day price match ended before? Sounds kinda risky to relie on other stores.[/QUOTE]Couple things just look at what's been the normal trend...games don't hold $60 price for 30 days right now so why would this change during the busiet shopping period of the year when stores need to show sales to consistantly complete with other retailers. That's why people jumped all over the MP3 & ME3 $20 deals & both of these titles sold well & they still dropped in price.

You also need to look at the local stores in your area that you can pm from...I have Target/Walmart/Sears/Kmart/Sam's Club/Gamestop/TRU/BJ's/PC Richard/HHGregg not to mention BB themselves I count twice since there's a chance for an @gamer pm or sale. That's 11(12) options per title & all I have to do is check CAG regularly to get prices. Even SE/CE can be matched from Sam's club which had the B:AC & UC3 ones for $15 off w/i 30 days. Also, they usually have their prices $55 from day 1 so that's $60 back from the start.

Around the middle of October BB has been extending the return/pm policy to eithe mid January or mid Febuary so even if you're not silver this effects all the titles from mid Oct on. Of all the titles last yr I believe the one that held it's price the longest was Rage I still link it dropped w/i 45 days though.

Here's last yr's thread in all it's wonderful glory I'd suggest starting from the end & look at the # of people stating the final totals...also look at the people who took to long to join & see what they said they wished they'd done. The kmart coupon train comes into play but in terms of total value BB's deal was still better.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296567

Darn... I didn't realize that NCAA comes out today. I went ahead and ordered for the $10 online offer. Maybe I'll get lucky and get the $20 bonus and preorder code as well...
Went ahead and ordered Madden to avoid the same mistake.

[quote name='Guillermo_IGN']so we get $20 for pre-ordering?[/QUOTE]thread title "$20 pre-order promo" LOL but of course you would need to pre-order AND purchase the game too.

Sorry if the answer to my question is burried somewhere in this thread but what happened to the Black Ops 2's $20 credit? It shows up on the list here, but not on BB's website. I thought a few weeks ago it was on the list? Thanks.

[quote name='ICHIRO51MVP']Sorry if the answer to my question is burried somewhere in this thread but what happened to the Black Ops 2's $20 credit? It shows up on the list here, but not on BB's website. I thought a few weeks ago it was on the list? Thanks.[/QUOTE]If you see the game here it's in the promo, when a new game is added or taken away(which would only happen if it gets delayed outta 2012) it's show up here 1st. The OP will reflect the changes if there's any.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...ed-20-Certificate-Pre-order-Bonus/td-p/531616

So is there a reason that only BO2 is underlined? Does that mean that the offer was removed? If so, will it come back? From what it said, I got the message that the offers stand until the game is released (or when 2012 is over, whichever comes first). Can they just remove it without any warning?

So who picked up today and was able to have them scan your RZ card? The dude at the counter was sooo sure that he couldn't do it because it was an instore pickup and I already put the RZ in on the order online.

Already called BB but they can't see anything for 24 hours on their end. If I call back tomorrow and it's not in, I'll be throwing a fit to try to get some bonus points or something. Even funnier the guy had no idea about what promo I was talking about. It's pretty sad when customers know more about what's going on than the employees, especially when that deal is posted all over the game section....

Saint'sRow911;9773069 said:
So who picked up today and was able to have them scan your RZ card? The dude at the counter was sooo sure that he couldn't do it because it was an instore pickup and I already put the RZ in on the order online.

Already called BB but they can't see anything for 24 hours on their end. If I call back tomorrow and it's not in, I'll be throwing a fit to try to get some bonus points or something. Even funnier the guy had no idea about what promo I was talking about. It's pretty sad when customers know more about what's going on than the employees, especially when that deal is posted all over the game section....
I pre-ordered yesterday online and I'm picking it up in a couple of hours. I'm also gamer unlocked. What is the point of having them scan your rewards card in-store when you pick it up since my confirmation email states my rewardzone number already?

I'm not being facetious. Please let me know what scanning your card in store does! I think I missed this part of the thread.

update: i went back tons of pages and can't find anything on the scanning your card thing. i'm on the road now and will pick it up soon so hurry with a response please!

[quote name='Enuf']I never posted that b/c it's not correct the error in your math is that I'm NOT counting the pm TWICE $240 comes from the price match the other $240 is the $20 RZ credit that you earn per game for THIS DEAL. 12 games times $20 RZ = $240 credit.

1 - You spend $720 upfront over the course of the promo & would get $240 back via pm thus $480 spent.
$720 - $240 = $480, your $480 in the hole

2- You get $600 cash from CL by selling all the titles
+ $600

3- This promo is for $20 per game which is another $240 in credit
+ $240

4- If you use cash that's another $15 or $20 credit
+ $15 or $20

End result $480 spent to get $600 cash & at least $480 in credit. My only typo was added in the credit to $495 as opposed to $480 since I started the scenario with using credit. Thus the $15 or $20 wouldn't apply.[/QUOTE]

I think people are just confused because your stating it as. Spend $480 and get $1080. You are really spending $720 and getting $1080. You keep subtracting the PM from your cash total and adding it to your credit total. You can only do one or the other. Still great deal.

I pre-ordered yesterday online and I'm picking it up in a couple of hours. I'm also gamer unlocked. What is the point of having them scan your rewards card in-store when you pick it up since my confirmation email states my rewardzone number already?

I'm not being facetious. Please let me know what scanning your card in store does! I think I missed this part of the thread.

Your online account will attach your RZ account for all future purchases assuming you added your RZ account to your online account profile at one point. Scanning your card in store is only for orders that were not done via online.

At worst you can report old purchases with your missing RZ account # through your RZ account online.

Just remembered why I hate CL and trying to sell on it. People just can't seem to read. I finally had a deal set and I told him where to meet me and I ended up waiting for 30 minutes for a no-show. This'll be the only time I ever do this. The rest of the games I buy are going to be for me or to flip or something. This is booty. Thanks for the idea, Enuf, it's just not for me. Good luck to the rest of you.

[quote name='advanced']Just remembered why I hate CL and trying to sell on it. People just can't seem to read. I finally had a deal set and I told him where to meet me and I ended up waiting for 30 minutes for a no-show. This'll be the only time I ever do this. The rest of the games I buy are going to be for me or to flip or something. This is booty. Thanks for the idea, Enuf, it's just not for me. Good luck to the rest of you.[/QUOTE]

I also don't like to try and sell on CL. I tried for 3 months to sell one of those Xbox 360 wireless speed wheels. Got stood up once after a long drive, multiple semi-serious inquiries that didn't pan out, and finally sold it for less than my original asking price. I also had some kid pay me $15 in freakin' quarters for an air flow controller that I won and didn't need.

I still sell games online, but on CL. It's a lot of work to find interested and reputable buyers.

43 @ bestbuy already. i got a cl guy for 45 cash, so ill try that. but good to know.
even better than the 37.50/40 tivs for new games last year. fingers crossed it holds for at least a week or so and it is like this for all games on the list.

[quote name='Donut2922']Your online account will attach your RZ account for all future purchases assuming you added your RZ account to your online account profile at one point. Scanning your card in store is only for orders that were not done via online.

At worst you can report old purchases with your missing RZ account # through your RZ account online.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarifying. Already went to price match, had the same guy ring me up, of course he got my RZ number on the PM lol.

Fingers crossed the same $45 deal happens on Madden. Would love to get Madden for $15

I am doing the deal similar to what Enuf descibed; here's how it breaks down for me (with taxes included) Sorry to bog people down with numbers, but I figure that looking at how this breaks down is for my own good and hopefully someone else as well:

Buy all 12 games: 12 * 64.41 ($59.99 + $4.42 sales tax in MN) = $772.92

Sell 12 games online: 12 * $45 = $540

PM 12 games at $20 each: 20 * 12 = $240

Basically breaking even at this point (-772.92 + $540 +$240 =$7 profit) assuming all 12 can be PM at $20 each and sold for $45 (in my experience so far this year, this has been true for every game bought and sold). Now for the bonuses:

12 BB GC preorder bonus @ $20 each: 12*20 = $240

Basic RZ points earned: (59*2x) * 12 = 1416 points - points lost from PM = $25 in BB GC (2x points are earned on new games if you are GCU)

Long story short - maybe make a little cash profit off the games depending on what you can sell them for, rake in about $265 in BB credit along with making big progress towards Silver status if you don't have it. Obviously there are the assumptions of PM and selling online built in, but I think it's worth it. Preorder bonuses are fun to get and can be sold as well for additional money on the side.

[quote name='Dund3r']Long story short - maybe make a little cash profit off the games depending on what you can sell them for, rake in about $260 in BB credit along with making big progress towards Silver status if you don't have it. Obviously there are the assumptions of PM and selling online built in, but I think it's worth it. Preorder bonuses are fun to get and can be sold as well for additional money on the side.[/QUOTE]

Folks who played the 5/100 deal last year know that DLC selling can be a ridiculous cherry on top, but having to deal with skirting ebay policies or folks who know they can just claim it was already used and get their money back is really tough. I think I made $100 cash just selling dlc codes from the 5/100 last year and I wouldn't wrassle it again.

p.s. I noticed my gcu expires in September - does that mean that my preorders, when picked up in October, would not be eligible for the $20 rz points anymore? If I renew gcu now will it automatically extend my current end date?

I hate to break it you folks but instead of all this petty money hustling, you could earn lots by going to school and getting a decent-paying job.

Wouldn't that be easier than trying to shake down big corporations for pennies?

[quote name='atlantis']I hate to break it you folks but instead of all this petty money hustling, you could earn lots by going to school and getting a decent-paying job.

Wouldn't that be easier than trying to shake down big corporations for pennies?[/QUOTE]

I guess my master's degree is kind of pathetic. Maybe I should go back for my PhD to appease you? It's not like a college degree automatically grants you a high-paying job these days anyway:
http://news.yahoo.com/youth-jobless...0106237--abc-news-savings-and-investment.html

Sarcasm aside, gaming is a hobby of mine and if I can get some free BB credit to help pay for a new laptop or an Ipad for the wife while doing so, then that's what I'll do.

[quote name='atlantis']I hate to break it you folks but instead of all this petty money hustling, you could earn lots by going to school and getting a decent-paying job.

Wouldn't that be easier than trying to shake down big corporations for pennies?[/QUOTE]

hey, alot of ppl here is making "six figure salaries", just ask kevgret, he will show you his stubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back