Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BudzMcGee']My understanding is that they only officially match Amazon prices in Canada at the moment. Test run if you will.

This is referring to products marked as "online only." As I said before, the asterisk in their price matching competitors websites is that it needs to be available in store for the same price; this does also mean that if the store matches their online prices that Best Buy will match it as well. Case and point, Toys R Us will match their online prices, Walmart (and in many cases Target) will not. So technically, as everything on Walmart.com is online only pricing, you can not price match Walmart.com but you can price match Toysrus.com (and I have many times in the past) per Best Buy's PM policy.[/QUOTE]

My comment was referencing Amazon, which has no b&m presence

[quote name='PublikDefender']forgot all about darksiders 2 and sleeping dogs releasing next week. guess there's no way they'll be added to the $20 promo list.[/QUOTE]

I was really hoping for a deal on Sleeping Dogs! Guess we still have the $10 off promo.

[quote name='maxiell']On the preorder card that all the Best Buys I go to have, there is a Games for Windows SKU, so if you get them to scan that.... I doubt it's out of the system, but it's gone online. It was advertised so if you don't get your $20, I doubt it'd take more than five minutes to get it in a phone call.[/QUOTE]

PC versions are not and have never been included in the offer. The preorder card has no mention of the $20 offer, so it is not included.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']My understanding is that they only officially match Amazon prices in Canada at the moment. Test run if you will.
...[/QUOTE]

I was able to pricematch a blender (ok, a Margaritaville frozen conconction maker;) ) with a printout from amazon.com (and later brought a receipt from target where I purchased the same product on clearance for 70% off and got another pricematch). Of course YMMV depending on what manager is working that day

[quote name='PublikDefender']forgot all about darksiders 2 and sleeping dogs releasing next week. guess there's no way they'll be added to the $20 promo list.[/QUOTE]

I asked the guy in the local store about darksiders 2 weeks ago, and he said he was going to suggest it.

Since its also being released for the WiiU, and we'll be picking that up for our existing wii games and accessories, waiting to see what new goodies the put in the wii U release, it might be a good coincedence.

Depends of course how much they want to sell the wii U for.

[quote name='h2dk']I was able to pricematch a blender (ok, a Margaritaville frozen conconction maker;) ) with a printout from amazon.com (and later brought a receipt from target where I purchased the same product on clearance for 70% off and got another pricematch). Of course YMMV depending on what manager is working that day[/QUOTE]

Why would you need 2 Margaritaville frozen concoction makers?

[quote name='lordopus99']My comment was referencing Amazon, which has no b&m presence[/QUOTE]

wtf I uploaded an pic showing a big official sign specifically stating Best Buy now matches Amazon.com in my post(when I said this was in a texas store, that's what I was referring to). Was it deleted by a mod? Well, I'm at work now on my laptop and that image was on my desktop so I guess I'll try it tonight when I get home.

[quote name='inky1600']wtf I uploaded an pic showing a big official sign specifically stating Best Buy now matches Amazon.com in my post(when I said this was in a texas store, that's what I was referring to). Was it deleted by a mod? Well, I'm at work now on my laptop and that image was on my desktop so I guess I'll try it tonight when I get home.[/QUOTE] Ok here it is...

attachment.php

[quote name='WingsDJY']Why would you need 2 Margaritaville frozen concoction makers?[/QUOTE]

after the pm, returned the one to target since I used cash for it and trade-in credit at bb

This is referring to products marked as "online only." As I said before, the asterisk in their price matching competitors websites is that it needs to be available in store for the same price; this does also mean that if the store matches their online prices that Best Buy will match it as well. Case and point, Toys R Us will match their online prices, Walmart (and in many cases Target) will not. So technically, as everything on Walmart.com is online only pricing, you can not price match Walmart.com but you can price match Toysrus.com (and I have many times in the past) per Best Buy's PM policy.[/QUOTE]

Everything posted in the other thread was people price matching Amazon in the US in store. Canada has been doing it alot longer I guess(I have no idea-maybe it was that division's idea), but I was just talking about the pilot program that started a few weeks ago and that was US. Note that this is only in store and not online:BB.com still doesn't price match Amazon and that was never reported by anyone

bump couldn't find the thread.

Maybe we should add a list of preorder bonuses for each game, so people will know what they should receive via email or instore.

Shame the Gamestop pre-order bonus for Sleeping Dogs wasnt switched with Best Buy's. Would have been perfect for me. Oh well.

Just last weekend I ordered 13 to 15 games from newegg which had a 10 coupon. All the games I purchased averaged 49.99 no taxes free shipping. I think I will take the up front savings.

Was hoping they'd toss Guild Wars 2 into their $20 preorder promo since even the $10 in-store pickup doesn't qualify with PC games. Guess it's Amazon with their $5 credit.

My local BB price matches Amazon as well - they're actually listed as one of the options for the CSR to pick when doing an adjustment.

[quote name='6er']A sliver of what?[/QUOTE]

Premier Silver

For those that have sucessfully recieve the $10 pick up promo; is BB sending a $10 off code to your email or are they sending $10 worth of RZ pts?
"The savings code will be e-mailed up to 5 days after you pick up your order."
Im hope its the 1st option. since im having trouble connecting mr rz account to my BB account. XD

Will they let me price match new egg prices i did for the preorders so I can get the 20 dollar gift card? I have 4 games that can get the 20 dollars but will they let me price match?

[quote name='lordopus99']The X doesn't mention Amazon ;)

You have a nice store to PM them for you.

This was Best Buy forum post with an official Best Buy rep responding on 7/19/12.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-B...ne-websites-starting-july-17-2012/td-p/549700[/QUOTE]

I saw that thread over a week ago so no big insight there;) Anyway, like I said, the pilot started on 7/18 so the mod there likely was not even aware of it yet. Also, I read those BB forums a lot and those guys are quite adept at knowing BB.com stuff but in store action...not so much:whistle2:$ They are often surprised to hear in store observations. And no, that's not my store(which did say they now price match amazon), it's a store 2000 miles away lol(Ft.Worth Texas) where someone was brave enough to take a pic and post it for me. I used to work in retail years ago and picture taking was a no no so I was afraid to do it here(times have prob changed though). I don't shop Amazon unless it's one of those Gold Box deals, anyway so I really don't need them to PM them. In fact, BB game deals are so awesome, I really only find myself PM BB itself! Once in awhile, I'll ask for GS PM. Just reporting what I found out...peace

[quote name='darrenaw9']Just do double confirm i can pre-order and buy the game with only rz certs and still get the 20 bucks correct?[/QUOTE]Yes, although you'll have a heck of a difficult time later on if the game you bought drops in price within the price-match time window and you want to get some of your money back--RZ certificates lower the cost of items (and thus the tax) and do not function like gift cards which are a form of payment.

[quote name='Vigilante']Yes, although you'll have a heck of a difficult time later on if the game you bought drops in price within the price-match time window and you want to get some of your money back--RZ certificates lower the cost of items (and thus the tax) and do not function like gift cards which are a form of payment.[/QUOTE]

If you price match on an item that used reward zone certs, after all forms of payment are used, you have the option to apply the gift certs to a new item or it will go back on your account.

But to make it easy, only use gift certs on items you absolutely know you won't return and always put about 20% of the purchase on your card/cash.

[quote name='starmask2k3']i really wish sleeping dogs was part of this deal[/QUOTE]

For the future, go vote for it here (up arrow next to the first post) and maybe add a post/comment to request a specific title.

[quote name='dc delta90']Anybody get their $20 released in their account for NCAA yet?[/QUOTE]
I got mine last week. It was $20 in RZ points.

[quote name='kratier']you have to pay 15$ for a yearly subscription , to get 20$ off your next purchase?
seems silly[/QUOTE]

It's called having a value incentive.

[quote name='kratier']you have to pay 15$ for a yearly subscription , to get 20$ off your next purchase?
seems silly[/QUOTE]

You do know this available on more than just one title, right? And you also get additional benefits (2x points on new games, accessories, 10% bonus on software trade-in, 10% off preowned games, points on your trades, 10 issues of @Gamer, at least $100 of offers per issue of @Gamer, additional offers - see Zelda this week, etc.).

That would be silly except most of us are getting more than one game so we pay 15 and get 80 dollars in credit AND we get other bonuses like the @gamer mag with coupons: I'll personally be picking up KoA: R as a gift for my gf and more coupons every month.
Edit: I look like a crazy person because I forgot to quote

[quote name='shadowrage']I got mine last week. It was $20 in RZ points.[/QUOTE]
are you sure that is rz points and not an emailed gift card?

I received $20 rz points on August 9. Did anyone else receive it on Aug. 9? I can't tell whether this is from the ncaa 13 or if it was issued due to my other purchases.

[quote name='sninh']check your rz account and see purchases made on july 9th and it most likely will be ncaa[/QUOTE]
yup, it was july 9 on myrewardzone. thanks.

So madden 13 with $20 off and $10 off. is it still a good deal? Also i have never done the pick up in store with game, i can just pay with gift card right?

How much do you think the trade in price after the first week release? in case i dont like this game?

seems silly[/QUOTE]Break down your statement
1-you pay $15 for a yearly subscription
so you're in the best gaming program around hands down for 1 yr & you're getting access to the best game deals.

The $20 credit is just another part of the benefits of the program but even if you did just get unlocked for 1 game really break it down.

Pay $15
Get a game for $60
get a $20 credit on 30 days

get at least $10 back via pm from the $60(most times you'll get $20) which will negate most if not all the $15 spent & you still have the game you want cheaper on day 1 & $20 credit for another title.

Since you have $20 credit you can then turn around & use it on another game that gets $20 credit...rinse/repeat/save/succeed.

So I don't suppose there's any way on god's green earth that some Best Buy employee might be talked into making an exception and doing the $20 deal for a PC version of these games?

I don't think so but I figured I'd ask and see if anyone else had any luck getting them to do it.

I want Dishonored and that damned whale lamp but I'm not paying $60 for it with no $20 bonus when the same console versions are getting that. If that's the case I'll just wait for a Steam sale and live without the lamp.

No, there isn't. Pretty sure they don't even get to make the call on that one. Sorry, Motoki.

Finalized my version of this deal last week after PS All Stars got pushed back (Good news for Dishonored).

NCAA 13 (Already bought)
Madden 13 (Preordered)
Borderlands 2 (Preordered)
Resident Evil 6
NBA 2K12
Dishonored
Assassin's Creed 3
COD Black Ops 2

This is seriously a good deal and, because of it, I'll be buying most of my games from BB this fall, even ones not on the list (LBP Karting, WWE 13, PS All Stars) and hoping to PM.

I've seen a few different answers to this question and I should probably know this since I've been BB silver for a year years. However, my question is if I was to pay for a game lets say Madden with 20 dollars worth of Reward Zone Certficates (other 40 in cash), does that mean I couldn't price match the game if it falls to 39.99 somewhere? I believe I read from some that RZ certs drop the actual price of the game where as others say I could still PM. I'm confused...

I don't know the official rule, but I know that I have been able to PM games in the past when using a RZ cert. I did it last year for Batman and Battlefield 3. They're supposed to return it to your account but I had a guy who gave me cash when I PMed Battlefield.

I traded in NCAA a few days after release (I didn't like it) during the 50% bonus. I got $43.20 for it then ($27 x 1.6). Both the NCAA 1000 bonus RZ posted and the points for the trade in as well. I wouldn't do it multiple times, for cost reasons and to avoid possibly getting flagged, but it was okay for me.\

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back