Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. And have you ever preordered and picked a game up in-store at BB? Seems they are unprofessional so I'm questioning whether or not they will have my copy.

[quote name='BryanYEEA']Thanks. And have you ever preordered and picked a game up in-store at BB? Seems they are unprofessional so I'm questioning whether or not they will have my copy.[/QUOTE]

In store preorder online is best way to go. You'll get confirmation email day before release.

[quote name='Cheapskate']Was anyone able to get Best Buy to price match Newegg's $45 Halo 4 preorder price? The promo code makes it a little trickier.[/QUOTE]
The game hasn't released so my guess will be no, especially if done in-store for $5 down.

[quote name='Cheapskate']Was anyone able to get Best Buy to price match Newegg's $45 Halo 4 preorder price? The promo code makes it a little trickier.[/QUOTE]

As lordopus stated, preorders are I Ineligible for preorder

[quote name='BryanYEEA']Thanks. And have you ever preordered and picked a game up in-store at BB? Seems they are unprofessional so I'm questioning whether or not they will have my copy.[/QUOTE]If it's just the reg. copy not a problem I've seen them pull copies & put them under the counter in gaming. And in-store gets them from them when needed. CE/LE/SE you gotta be careful since they're not all that great.

[quote name='BryanYEEA']Has anyone preorder BO2:Hardened? If so does the $20 offer work with this?[/QUOTE]In the OP there's a FAQ your ? is answered 4th.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']It says out of stock for resident evil for sams club, would I still be able to price match it?[/QUOTE]YMMV, the site is sold out not all the stores so if they call you could still get it.

[quote name='Poor2More']Exactly, I would be doing CAG a disservice since I do not have the free time to maintain/update the thread in a timely manner.[/QUOTE]I did one last yr & there was people who said it wasn't needed LOL but then they kept coming in the 5 for $100 thread asking for help pm'ing. I can't do this yr too busy but at this point with the # of games left this thread will get most of them leaked.

[quote name='splattered']On another note, what would happen for price matching if we used a trade in card to purchase the game? Are we not able to price match if we paid for the game via a GC or a trade in card etc?[/QUOTE]You get refunded in a GC

Translation: ordering Black Ops II Hardened edition online for in-store pickup is risky. They may not have it when you go to pick it up?

[quote name='kelo360']Translation: ordering Black Ops II Hardened edition online for in-store pickup is risky. They may not have it when you go to pick it up?[/QUOTE]either be there day 1/midnight launch or confirm it's being held by going to the store on Sun w/receipt & make the gaming rep put it in the in-store P/U area with your info attached.

[quote name='kelo360']Translation: ordering Black Ops II Hardened edition online for in-store pickup is risky. They may not have it when you go to pick it up?[/QUOTE]

Risky no, but it might not be available for in store pickup if you wait much longer. I know Gamestop has stopped taking preorders.

[quote name='ajh2298']Off-topic question but this seemed the most active Best Buy thread to ask. Does BB have a B2G1 Free sale before x-mas?[/QUOTE]

Yes usually its at the end of this month, past few years its been TRU then BB for the B2G1. I've heard it could be tied to unlock this year though so they can up their numbers.

On topic:

I just finally got my borderlands 2 points to show up after many issues. I also preordered RE6 and ended up buying two copies at two different stores. One I preordered the other I didn't and I ended up with points for both. That's kind of cool I guess.

I just realised the fucking morons at my best buy somehow put the wrong RZ account in my dishonored reciept

How the fuck do I fix this?

I got tired of waiting for my RE6:Archives points to post so i e-mailed them yesterday and got my points posted and a RZ Coupon ready to print today. I guess its good to have the "Silver" status on your account.

[quote name='Lord Hamm']I just realised the fucking morons at my best buy somehow put the wrong RZ account in my dishonored reciept

How the fuck do I fix this?[/QUOTE]You can call CS or make a forums post. I'd say go the forums route that way you interact dirct with a person who fylly knows the promo itself & would probably just instant credit you the points after the receipt pins(pre-order/purchase) pm the mod w/the info. Mike would be the guy & poost on the RZ gamers club section

now my points are pending (a week after pickup which is perfectly reasonable)- if they would've done this in the first place there would be atleast 50% less complaining in this post. so best buy has to take some credit for that...

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Yeah i sent them a email and all i got was the standard points take 30-35 days to post crap.[/QUOTE]

Which we all get, but those points are at least pending within a week. Other people with regular RE6 see their points though looks like we got screwed. I'm sure they will fix the problem, but I'd like some information.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Still no pending points for Anthology edition. Guess I'll shoot them an email and post on forum.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's been almost two full weeks now. On Friday the mods said they would forward to RZ since there seemed to be a problem. Not sure how long that will take.

[quote name='nuuuuj']MOH: Warfighter, worth $40 or pass/wait?[/QUOTE]
I have this game preordered on Amazon because I really want that steelbook, but preordering it at Best Buy with the $20 reward zone certificate offer is really tempting. Damn it... Sorry for not answering your question by the way haha. I personally loved the campaign for the first one, so I'm pretty excited for this campaign as well.

[quote name='ajh2298']Off-topic question but this seemed the most active Best Buy thread to ask. Does BB have a B2G1 Free sale before x-mas?[/QUOTE]

yes. Last year I got Gears 3, Saints 3, and UMvC3 for $80. If my memory serves though it was a $40 or up b2g1.

As for points, I have my borderlands 2 points still pending. It hasn't been the full 30 days yet, but howthe fuck are people already getting credited points from RE6????

[quote name='Nesmaster75']I have this game preordered on Amazon because I really want that steelbook, but preordering it at Best Buy with the $20 reward zone certificate offer is really tempting. Damn it... Sorry for not answering your question by the way haha. I personally loved the campaign for the first one, so I'm pretty excited for this campaign as well.[/QUOTE]

Loved the first one too, but that one tanked in price fairly quick. Decisions decisions...

[quote name='nuuuuj']Loved the first one too, but that one tanked in price fairly quick. Decisions decisions...[/QUOTE]

This is true...i picked up the first one when you could get it for $5 with the @Gamer coupon. Thoroughly enjoyed it too, since it was trying to be based as close to the real war as possible.

Sure it wasn't as climactic as COD, but it def had its moments (sniping mission with the 50 cal comes to mind..)

I'll probably wait for a drop on this one, as BLOPS 2 will take up my FPS fix...but i'll definitely play it, eventually.

Only a couple days left to PM on BL2 (unless you are silver). Has anyone seen any good prices? I know they announced online price matching - has that officially started?

My RE6 (vanilla version) still hasn't posted. Neither has the PSN card I bought more than a week ago. Best Buy's system really sucks. Besides that I have about 1300 points still pending from three weeks ago. Should I email somebody about all this?

[quote name='nuuuuj']MOH: Warfighter, worth $40 or pass/wait?[/QUOTE]

If you have buddies to play online with, the new Fireteam system is AWESOME. You can group up into in-game parties and then sort people out into specific two-man Fireteams, which let you spawn onto/support each other throughout the match. I also really liked the subtle changes to the basic Demolition mode they beta'd: before each objective goes "live", the defenders get some time to set up defenses around the real objective while the attackers get a bunch of possible objective markers, leading to a minute or so of deduction on where the action will take place. It's super fun and provides an actually improved version of the CoD formula.

As for the single player, I personally loved the first MoH's campaign despite its rough edges. I have no doubts that those will be ironed out and this campaign will be even better. Plus it's a fuck ing Treyarch year for CoD so yeah, MoH:W will be my dudebro shooter campaign this year.

Keep in mind that you get the LE for free at launch which will give you early class unlocks, access to the Battlefield 4 beta next year and the first DLC pack for free. I'd say it's a steal at $40 but then again I still see sealed LEs of the first game floating around so if it's going to sit on the backlog I'd wait it out.

[quote name='Blackout']My RE6 (vanilla version) still hasn't posted. Neither has the PSN card I bought more than a week ago. Best Buy's system really sucks. Besides that I have about 1300 points still pending from three weeks ago. Should I email somebody about all this?[/QUOTE]You could, but don't be surprised if you're told "Points are posted 30 days after purchases" since it hasn't been that long for your 1300 points to post. If you're a Premier Silver member, though, you would probably get those points posted almost immediately after talking with someone.

[quote name='Vigilante']You could, but don't be surprised if you're told "Points are posted 30 days after purchases" since it hasn't been that long for your 1300 points to post. If you're a Premier Silver member, though, you would probably get those points posted almost immediately after talking with someone.[/QUOTE]

How are they with purchases not even showing up in your Account?

[quote name='Blackout']How are they with purchases not even showing up in your Account?[/QUOTE]It depends on how recent those purchases were made--if within the past 3-4 days, it probably won't appear for another couple of days, but if more than a week ago, you should report the missing points on myrz.com along with the transaction details to ensure you get the points. It might be faster if you talked to someone on the phone about it to speed up the process, but I can't say for sure.

[quote name='JohnWayne']My NBA 2K13 points posted in my total today exactly a month from the date I preordered it on[/QUOTE]

Surprise surprise

[quote name='JohnWayne']My NBA 2K13 points posted in my total today exactly a month from the date I preordered it on[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Donut2922']Surprise surprise[/QUOTE]

It's a surprise for me. Mine haven't posted yet (but are pending) and I preordered back in August (8/21). I imagine I'll get them towards the end of the week though (like Borderlands 2). Same with RE6 (8/21 as well).

I was going to pre-order Black Ops 2, but it seems like they no longer have the 20$ bonus. Does anybody else see this?

The way BB handles this really makes me long for the old Kmart $20 coupon train. Pre-ordered RE6 on 9/26 so I should have the bonus points posted in time to use them on ACIII. However, then I will end up getting the ACIII and Halo 4 bonus points after everything I want has been released. Think I'm going back to mainly shopping with Newegg for new releases once this BB trade credit is gone.

[quote name='Killbomb']The way BB handles this really makes me long for the old Kmart $20 coupon train. Pre-ordered RE6 on 9/26 so I should have the bonus points posted in time to use them on ACIII. However, then I will end up getting the ACIII and Halo 4 bonus points after everything I want has been released. Think I'm going back to mainly shopping with Newegg for new releases once this BB trade credit is gone.[/QUOTE]

You can PM Newegg through Best Buy now.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']You can PM Newegg through Best Buy now.[/QUOTE]

You can't PM a game not in stock. Meaning new egg preorder prices are invalid. Unless they keep it at that price on release day

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']If you Bestbuy.com its possible.[/QUOTE]

No. By policy you cannot.

If you do get a preorder PM it is an exception and not the rule

Either way I'm sure Best Buy will have some new promotion for preorders. After Black Ops only game I want next is God of War Ascension anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back