Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Either way I'm sure Best Buy will have some new promotion for preorders. After Black Ops only game I want next is God of War Ascension anyway.[/QUOTE]

What about Grand Theft Auto V, Bioshock Infinite, Aliens: Colonial Marines, or The Last of Us?

[quote name='JohnWayne']You must be on this thread 24/7 lol not everyone is like you my friend[/QUOTE]

Uhh gven that the minimum requirement is 30 days, like I said i'm not surprised.

[quote name='kelo360']What about Grand Theft Auto V, Bioshock Infinite, Aliens: Colonial Marines, or The Last of Us?[/QUOTE]

GTA and Last of Us are Day 1 buys, but they don't even have release dates. I couldn't get into Bioshock and never heard of Alien one.

Just saying after Black Ops its not till couple months I see a game I'll get Day 1.

[quote name='Enuf']You can call CS or make a forums post. I'd say go the forums route that way you interact dirct with a person who fylly knows the promo itself & would probably just instant credit you the points after the receipt pins(pre-order/purchase) pm the mod w/the info. Mike would be the guy & poost on the RZ gamers club section[/QUOTE]

I called CS and they said there going to merge the accounts and credit the points(Bonus and Regular) to my main account

Well see how this goes and if its not done right they said theyd manually add the points im missing

This year has been nothing but hassle with preorder codes and gift certificates

Best Buy needs to get their shit togther if they want to survive

I was wondering can I use my Welcome b2g1 on a pre order. Like say if when I went to go pick up AC3 can I pick two other games(Zone of the Enders and Little Big Planet Vita) and use the b2g1 coupon?

[quote name='Kuroknight27']I was wondering can I use my Welcome b2g1 on a pre order. Like say if when I went to go pick up AC3 can I pick two other games(Zone of the Enders and Little Big Planet Vita) and use the b2g1 coupon?[/QUOTE]

yeah you can. When I went to pick up RE6, I got that, god of war saga, and lego batman 2 for $100.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']GTA and Last of Us are Day 1 buys, but they don't even have release dates. I couldn't get into Bioshock and never heard of Alien one.

Just saying after Black Ops its not till couple months I see a game I'll get Day 1.[/QUOTE]

Im kinda in the same boat but im a fan of bioshock and then there's Dead Space 3. GTA will be in May, as thats the month almsot every rockstar game is released (Hopefully GTA 5 stays true to that)

[quote name='Royal High Knight']yeah you can. When I went to pick up RE6, I got that, god of war saga, and lego batman 2 for $100.[/QUOTE]

Do you by any chance know who I would have to call if I haven't recieved my welcome packet? I signed up in July and have not recieved one.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Do you by any chance know who I would have to call if I haven't recieved my welcome packet? I signed up in July and have not recieved one.[/QUOTE]

Oh shit, CS seems like the answer everyone is going to give you. I did my year in June or July and got my coupons in August. Thats sucks that you havent gotten yours yet. I would give them a call asap

[quote name='Royal High Knight']yeah you can. When I went to pick up RE6, I got that, god of war saga, and lego batman 2 for $100.[/QUOTE]

Awesome thanks.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Oh shit, CS seems like the answer everyone is going to give you. I did my year in June or July and got my coupons in August. Thats sucks that you havent gotten yours yet. I would give them a call asap[/QUOTE]

Ah ok because I called the @gamer ppl and she just said she only handles magazines in the most bitchiest voice ever.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Ah ok because I called the @gamer ppl and she just said she only handles magazines in the most bitchiest voice ever.[/QUOTE]

I dot know if their's a difference between the two, but CS seems like they handle the situation and if they cant they might refund you back they $15 or give you a $20 gc. Hopefully things work out for you br, so you can use the b2g1 before BF. My coupons expire at the end of the month if I recall.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I dot know if their's a difference between the two, but CS seems like they handle the situation and if they cant they might refund you back they $15 or give you a $20 gc. Hopefully things work out for you br, so you can use the b2g1 before BF. My coupons expire at the end of the month if I recall.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just called and asked for gaming but they sent me to the reward zone ppl for some reason? Lol well anyways she helped anyway and said that she's going to send somebody some notes and that I should receive an email regarding my welcome packet within 7-10 days and she threw an a $10 RZ certificate for the inconvenience. I really hope I don't have to wait another 4-6 weeks (or whatever their approximate delivery date for the welcome packet is) as you said I really hope I can use it on black Friday, I completely forgot I could use it on black Friday so thanks for reminding me!

I signed up in September and have yet to receive my welcome packet....not to worried about it at the moment. As long as it gets here before BF so I can use it on BF I'll be satisfied.

Isn't the Welcome B2G1 coupon only for $39.99 items and/or below? Because that's the one I have currently. Unless there's a different one I know nothing about...

Note that I bought the sub last June-July and received the Welcome Packet weeks after.

[quote name='newtype06']Isn't the Welcome B2G1 coupon only for $39.99 items and/or below? Because that's the one I have currently. Unless there's a different one I know nothing about...

Note that I bought the sub last June-July and received the Welcome Packet weeks after.[/QUOTE]

As long as the free item is $39.99 and cost the least, you can buy 2 $39.99 and up games as well.

[quote name='Lord Hamm']I called CS and they said there going to merge the accounts and credit the points(Bonus and Regular) to my main account

Well see how this goes and if its not done right they said theyd manually add the points im missing

This year has been nothing but hassle with preorder codes and gift certificates

Best Buy needs to get their shit togther if they want to survive[/QUOTE]

After preordering Madden 13, NCAA 13, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, and RE6 I have not had to contact CS to get my points or DLC yet. Instead I just shut up and waited. The magic of patience and not repeating myself 100 times because stuff did not appear asap really works wonders.

I want that coupon too!!! I'll get mad at them tomorrow :D

Anyway, a stupid question: for preorders, and since there is a 30 days limit for price matches, does the counter start from the day of the order or the day of pickup/shipping/release? Thanks

One more question, the policy says, one award per member per title. Getting the same game for different consoles is considered a same title so qualifies me for one reward only right?

[quote name='joeyshadows']I wonder what will drop in price faster..MOH or BO2. I'm getting both, but one at GS and the other at BB.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if your first sentence was sarcastic or not. MOH, CLEARRRRLY.

Rest assured, BO2 will still be fetching in close to $35-40 TIV this time next year.

[quote name='godsmack13']I don't have a set of the GCU coupons in front of me, but if I remember correctly, don't they expire right before BF?[/QUOTE]

wow just noticed they do thanks to your post, mine expire 11/3/12 :cry:

this sucks, I was planning on saving the coupons for BF

[quote name='shady520']After preordering Madden 13, NCAA 13, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, and RE6 I have not had to contact CS to get my points or DLC yet. Instead I just shut up and waited. The magic of patience and not repeating myself 100 times because stuff did not appear asap really works wonders.[/QUOTE]

Truth

[quote name='ammoun']I want that coupon too!!! I'll get mad at them tomorrow :D

Anyway, a stupid question: for preorders, and since there is a 30 days limit for price matches, does the counter start from the day of the order or the day of pickup/shipping/release? Thanks

One more question, the policy says, one award per member per title. Getting the same game for different consoles is considered a same title so qualifies me for one reward only right?[/QUOTE]

Pick up date and only 1 per title, the way around that would be to have separate GCU accounts (IE: I have one in my name and in a family member's name and order one game on each account).

[quote name='shady520']After preordering Madden 13, NCAA 13, Dishonored, Borderlands 2, and RE6 I have not had to contact CS to get my points or DLC yet. Instead I just shut up and waited. The magic of patience and not repeating myself 100 times because stuff did not appear asap really works wonders.[/QUOTE]

I would like to know how im going to get points when Best Buy attaches my reciept to the wrong RZ account?

Or how Im going to get DLC that was supposed to be included in the Package, namely Xcom?

Just because your experience with this promotion is perfect doesnt mean there arent massive problems that some people are experiencing, so get off your high horse

[quote name='Lord Hamm']I would like to know how im going to get points when Best Buy attaches my reciept to the wrong RZ account?

Or how Im going to get DLC that was supposed to be included in the Package, namely Xcom?

Just because your experience with this promotion is perfect doesnt mean there arent massive problems that some people are experiencing, so get off your high horse[/QUOTE]

truth. Still waiting on my fifa dlc, been over 2 weeks since I emailed them.

[quote name='joeyshadows']I wonder what will drop in price faster..MOH or BO2. I'm getting both, but one at GS and the other at BB.[/QUOTE]

Black Ops the first one is still going for what $40 and even has good trade in value. Not really Black Ops fan, but figure $20 promo and almost guaranteed $40 TIV I'll give it another shot.

[quote name='kelo360']What about Grand Theft Auto V, Bioshock Infinite, Aliens: Colonial Marines, or The Last of Us?[/QUOTE]There will be more promos but none have been put into place as of yet their focussed on this falls titles right now. Keep voting for titles in the link found in the OP to get attention to games you want though we're getting close to 100 votes
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Add-more-titles-20-RZ-promo/idi-p/531520

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']GTA and Last of Us are Day 1 buys, but they don't even have release dates. I couldn't get into Bioshock and never heard of Alien one.[/QUOTE]Oh god the aliens game looks great it's been in dev for a while since they had trouble early on with the MP but now it's looking great & playing even better. There's a CAG thread for it & a nice CE too
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10058461#post10058461
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7UBQouJBns

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been meaning to order the Halo 4 CE, but never got around to it, so now it's sold out online. Have any of you tried to pre-order in-store recently, or know if it's still available for pre-order @ their kiosk?

[quote name='barrit']I've been meaning to order the Halo 4 CE, but never got around to it, so now it's sold out online. Have any of you tried to pre-order in-store recently, or know if it's still available for pre-order @ their kiosk?[/QUOTE]
LE is sold out it appears, you may get lucky in store when it's released though. You can still pre-order at waltmart too.

FYI, got my RE6 $20 RZ cert early this morning (3amPST). So for the past couple promos, I've gotten my certs about 2 weeks after my pick up (preordered online, picked up in store) and my points posted as pending about a week after pick up.

[quote name='barrit']I've been meaning to order the Halo 4 CE, but never got around to it, so now it's sold out online. Have any of you tried to pre-order in-store recently, or know if it's still available for pre-order @ their kiosk?[/QUOTE]

I checked my local BB and couldn't preorder the LE in-store. Your best bet is to check the OOS Halo 4 LE thread because a retailer might make more copies available. I managed to preorder one off Amazon last week thanks to a tip from a CAG in that thread.

[quote name='Lord Hamm']I would like to know how im going to get points when Best Buy attaches my reciept to the wrong RZ account?

Just because your experience with this promotion is perfect doesnt mean there arent massive problems that some people are experiencing, so get off your high horse[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I'm happy that some people have had a flawless experience, but it's been two weeks now since I picked up RE6 CE and I have yet to see my 1000 points even pending. I am 100% sure that two weeks from now, they still won't be pending let alone posted, so rather than just ignore the problem and have to deal with it later, it seems more sensible to complain to Best Buy now so that they can fix it and hopefully fix the other hundreds of people's accounts in the same boat.

[quote name='bojay1997']Exactly. I'm happy that some people have had a flawless experience, but it's been two weeks now since I picked up RE6 CE and I have yet to see my 1000 points even pending. I am 100% sure that two weeks from now, they still won't be pending let alone posted, so rather than just ignore the problem and have to deal with it later, it seems more sensible to complain to Best Buy now so that they can fix it and hopefully fix the other hundreds of people's accounts in the same boat.[/QUOTE]

I did this last Thursday. Got credited an automatic $20 cert that's in my "bank". Mine was a diff case though. Cause I PM'ed Fry's deal the same night I picked up RE6 and they did a return rebuy thing so I think I voided out my preorder promo.

Quick question. If I want to cancel a preorder, do I have to go to the best buy I preordered at or can I just go to any best buy to cancel.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Quick question. If I want to cancel a preorder, do I have to go to the best buy I preordered at or can I just go to any best buy to cancel.[/QUOTE]

Same one.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Same one.[/QUOTE]

fuck me. I went to the only best buy that was having the midnight launch for halo 4 in my area which is like 20 miles away from me..

[quote name='JohnWayne']fuck me. I went to the only best buy that was having the midnight launch for halo 4 in my area which is like 20 miles away from me..[/QUOTE]
don't pick it up. You're only out $5 and you'd probably spend about that just driving there and back.

You can try going to your local Best Buy, having them call the other store, verifying you are you, that store refunds the $5 to a gift card, and then the other store uses that $5 to pre-order it. They may be willing to do that, but that's up to the store.

Slightly off topic. I just checked my RZ account to see if any of my 1000 points cleared and I noticed that none of the purchases I made in the last month got the 25% premiere silver bonus. I wonder if anyone else has had this happen? I called the RZ and they agree it's wrong, and gave me 250 points as an apology and forwarded it to the back-end (or something) department to give me the points I am missing.

[quote name='Brother Daz']don't pick it up. You're only out $5 and you'd probably spend about that just driving there and back.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know I wasn't planning on going, I may try what saix said, if it doesn't work, oh well.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']You can try going to your local Best Buy, having them call the other store, verifying you are you, that store refunds the $5 to a gift card, and then the other store uses that $5 to pre-order it. They may be willing to do that, but that's up to the store.

Slightly off topic. I just checked my RZ account to see if any of my 1000 points cleared and I noticed that none of the purchases I made in the last month got the 25% premiere silver bonus. I wonder if anyone else has had this happen? I called the RZ and they agree it's wrong, and gave me 250 points as an apology and forwarded it to the back-end (or something) department to give me the points I am missing.[/QUOTE]

I haven't been getting the silver bonus for loading onto my pitch in card but I did for my trade ins should I get them for both?

Can someone please explain to me what the hell this pitch-in card is?? I've seen it on several posts and look at them clueless. I'm a pretty knowledgable CAG, so I feel stupid even having to ask this.

its a card that lets you combine all your gift cards onto one and coincidentally it give you points for loading onto it

I pre ordered AC3 during the time BB had the steel books available. I didn't have a Gamers Unlocked membership at that time and it was long before this promo started. Will I still qualify for the $20 credit or do I have to cancel and pre order it once again?

[quote name='Sizu']I pre ordered AC3 during the time BB had the steel books available. I didn't have a Gamers Unlocked membership at that time and it was long before this promo started. Will I still qualify for the $20 credit or do I have to cancel and pre order it once again?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you have to cancel and pre-order it again since your membership isnt tied to the pre-order.

Are all Best Buys no longer taking in store pre-orders for Halo 4 Limited edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back