Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lord Hamm']Well I feel a little better about the situation
[/QUOTE]
You should feel a lot better, you just saved a lot of money!

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Has anyone gotten their 1000 Pts for dishonored to post yet?[/QUOTE]
someone just posted about 2 pages back saying they did

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Has anyone gotten their 1000 Pts for dishonored to post yet?[/QUOTE]

Some guy a few posts back said he did today.

Mine have yet to show up. I'm hoping for today or Wednesday.

I've noticed my points clearing up in about 2 weeks now. Maybe Silver perk? Idk.

I've also noticed the points posting 2 weeks after purchase date, not preorder date like some people have been reporting having luck with.

[quote name='TooPoor']You should feel a lot better, you just saved a lot of money![/QUOTE]

I really do, but I still think the promotion is convoluted and could of been handled better

I guess it just requires some legwork and persistence and a good helping of luck

I apparently got mine on the October 19th... I say apparently because I just have the red text saying 1000 issued cert but no pending transaction in my file... (Which is rather annoying as the Dishonored preorder has been a pooch screw for me so far... I got no Whale Oil USB lamp like I was suppose to.)

[quote name='Sway']If anyone on the West Coast was still on the fence about pre-ordering MoH: Warfighter, GameSpot is live streaming the campaign.[/QUOTE]
yeah but they suck at playing any kind of games....

Mine posted last week.

[quote name='209chromatic']Where can I see if my store is having a midnight release for Halo 4?[/QUOTE]

My local store wasn't on the online list but they have some posters in the front and inside saying that they're doing midnight launch for halo and blops 2.

Subbed to @gamer and preordered ACIII, Halo 4 and Blops 2 today :)

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']They're talking about Medal of Honor, not Assassin's Creed.

But yes, EA is definitely doing it on purpose. The first one did not get very good reviews(and from what I played in the beta, neither will this one), so I guess they're trying to keep reviews out of the picture for the first week of sales.[/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure this is the reason. I think it more has the do with the massive day 1 patch for MoH: Warfighter. which was most likely put in to "complete" the game -> http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...ighter-s-Day-One-Patch-is-Insanely-Large.html

They probably didn't want reviews until the patch was out because the game was shipped incomplete (hence the extensive day 1 patch), now the reason for the "incompleteness" in the first place could either be:

A) Because the game needed to go gold early enough to meet the release date, giving EA a claim on the FPS market until BlOps 2 comes out a month later, cause let's face it, very few people are going to be playing Warfighter when BlOps 2 is finally released, just from hype alone. MoH doesn't have the fanbase like Battlefield does and this is EA's only military-FPS this holiday.

or B) They've been tireless in working on fixes for bugs reported in the beta, and wanted to roll them out ASAP.

Considering how recently the beta started and ended though, and knowing EA's usual tactics, it's most likely A, which is you know, bullshit.

OK I pre-ordered in store MoH. I want to take advantage of both the B2G1 and still get the $20 certificate. Do I need the games to be scanned in a certain order? How do I "pickup" the pre-order, do I just bring my reciept for the $5 pre-order and the games I want up to the counter? Sorry I usually just do online pre-ordering.

[quote name='Lord Hamm']I really do, but I still think the promotion is convoluted and could of been handled better

I guess it just requires some legwork and persistence and a good helping of luck[/QUOTE]

Preorder online and avoid all the trouble. Always got my $20 RZ cert and DLC codes.

[quote name='jkircos']OK I pre-ordered in store MoH. I want to take advantage of both the B2G1 and still get the $20 certificate. Do I need the games to be scanned in a certain order? How do I "pickup" the pre-order, do I just bring my reciept for the $5 pre-order and the games I want up to the counter? Sorry I usually just do online pre-ordering.[/QUOTE]

Make sure they exchange MOH and not as a return. Just have all three games on receipt and should be fine.

I just got mine today. I pre-ordered online the day before it came out and had it shipped.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I just got mine today. I pre-ordered online the day before it came out and had it shipped.[/QUOTE]

Do people who did online preorders get theirs earlier or somethin? I preordered Dishonored in-store the Saturday before its release and my points haven't cleared yet.

Given how my other promo games have gone (2 weeks and a day after release date), the points should be cleared tomorrow, but I'm still curious as to how someone who preordered after me got his points first.

yup look like it's a perk for silver members just turnt silver this month didnt get points for madden and BL2 after 2 weeks definitly nice to know.Also preordered the day before release

[quote name='Rockinjs']yup look like it's a perk for silver members just turnt silver this month didnt get points for madden and BL2 after 2 weeks definitly nice to know.Also preordered the day before release[/QUOTE]

Well I've been Silver since February, so I'm baffled as to how he got his first, especially if he ISN'T silver.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Make sure they exchange MOH and not as a return. Just have all three games on receipt and should be fine.[/QUOTE]

Great, thank you!

[quote name='Lord Hamm']I really do, but I still think the promotion is convoluted and could of been handled better

I guess it just requires some legwork and persistence and a good helping of luck[/QUOTE]

While I agree the program can be better I disagree that the program is convoluted. I've preordered $200 worth of RZ certs since BB has started this and I have had 0 issues. The offer is clear enough that it isn't convoluted. The only issues are at the POS with a misinformed employee and customers that don't know how to read fine print.

Next time just preorder online. It will resolve 99% of your issues.

Somewhat off topic but this game has been brought up several times in this thread so thought I'd ask here....Has anyone found any deals at Best Buy or other retailers for WWE 13 yet? Little surprised BB isn't throwing a 15 dollar gift card with it like they did for Xcom or Pro Evol soccer.

My Borderlands 2 RZ points just cleared today after 30 days. I waited till the last day to pick it up to maximize my price match window. I ordered online for in store pick up and I'm silver, neither of which expedited the speed at which the points had cleared.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Make sure they exchange MOH and not as a return. Just have all three games on receipt and should be fine.[/QUOTE] Dont even bother trying to get the $5 deposit added to the purchase just purchase the games. After the RZ points post you can get a refund for the $5 or move(exchange) the pre-order to another title. All of the pre-order that I've done for this promo none of the $5 pre-orders have been used when I purchased the games. I've gotten all of my $20 credit before 30 days.

I really want to use my $20 credit on AC3 from RE6. I think I might just wait a while and hope I get credit before the 3rd. I get it and then use that plus price match toys r us so I can get it for $48. Then with $20 re6 credit, $5 cert, and about $10 from trade in credit, brings it down to $13. pretty damn good.

[quote name='Enuf']Dont even bother trying to get the $5 deposit added to the purchase just purchase the games. After the RZ points post you can get a refund for the $5 or move(exchange) the pre-order to another title. All of the pre-order that I've done for this promo none of the $5 pre-orders have been used when I purchased the games. I've gotten all of my $20 credit before 30 days.[/QUOTE]

i've gotten all of my $5 deposits credited to the game and still got the $20 credit before 30 days.

[quote name='Enuf']Dont even bother trying to get the $5 deposit added to the purchase just purchase the games. After the RZ points post you can get a refund for the $5 or move(exchange) the pre-order to another title. All of the pre-order that I've done for this promo none of the $5 pre-orders have been used when I purchased the games. I've gotten all of my $20 credit before 30 days.[/QUOTE]

You lose out on any pre-order DLC that is offered by doing that. As long as MoH rings up properly, you'll have no problem doing the B2G1 and getting the $20 cert.

ok CAGs, here's a question. So I preordered MoH some good time ago, so it was eligible for the $20 cert points. But between then and approximately 2 weeks ago, my GCU membership expired. If I renewed it at the kiosk, then bought the preordered game, would I still get the $20? or would since it's a new subscription, not work for the promo? in which case, I'll just wait for it to get cheaper and return the preorder.

thanks!

[quote name='AgentW']ok CAGs, here's a question. So I preordered MoH some good time ago, so it was eligible for the $20 cert points. But between then and approximately 2 weeks ago, my GCU membership expired. If I renewed it at the kiosk, then bought the preordered game, would I still get the $20? or would since it's a new subscription, not work for the promo? in which case, I'll just wait for it to get cheaper and return the preorder.

thanks![/QUOTE]

As long as you are a GCU member at the time of purchase, you will be fine. To be safe, just have them on the same receipt.

[quote name='KratosGOW2525']Still have not gotten my points for RE6, or 2K13. Shit better come before Assassins Creed 3 is out.[/QUOTE]

Those games didn't come out until October 2nd, which means it very well could be until the first week of November before you see them.

[quote name='KratosGOW2525']Still have not gotten my points for RE6, or 2K13. Shit better come before Assassins Creed 3 is out.[/QUOTE]

Are they pending yet? They should be by now. Also, it seems like only silver members are getting their points early so you may have to wait out the 30 days if not.

I'm really getting fed up with Best Buy. I preodered MoH in-store. I called customer service to ask about the promotional credit tied to the game and price matching. They said if you order online and pricematch you don't lose your promotional credit since you already received it, but if you preordered in store you would have to talk to an employee in the store. When I went to pick up the game I asked the "gaming expert" if they PM Newegg do I still keep my promotional credit. He said you have to talk to customer service. The person at customer service said if you pricematch you lose your credit since it doesn't post to the account until 30 days. Talk about bs. Who can I speak to at Best Buy about this? The employees at Best Buy are so ignorant when it comes to GCU promotions. It's really frustrating. I got better service at the DMV right before going to Best Buy

[quote name='Rockinjs']maybe online order is a little smoother than in-store:whistle2:k I know I preordered online the monday before it came out[/QUOTE]

I've preordered 5 games online during this promo for shipping and all 5 times I've gotten the preorder bonuses emailed with no problem and my points processed automatically within about 2 weeks. A lot better than going to the store and hoping they ring me out correctly.

[quote name='sidewalkhustla']I'm really getting fed up with Best Buy. I preodered MoH in-store. I called customer service to ask about the promotional credit tied to the game and price matching. They said if you order online and pricematch you don't lose your promotional credit since you already received it, but if you preordered in store you would have to talk to an employee in the store. When I went to pick up the game I asked the "gaming expert" if they PM Newegg do I still keep my promotional credit. He said you have to talk to customer service. The person at customer service said if you pricematch you lose your credit since it doesn't post to the account until 30 days. Talk about bs. Who can I speak to at Best Buy about this? The employees at Best Buy are so ignorant when it comes to GCU promotions. It's really frustrating. I got better service at the DMV right before going to Best Buy[/QUOTE]

You could check the first post of this thread

[quote name='sidewalkhustla']I'm really getting fed up with Best Buy. I preodered MoH in-store. I called customer service to ask about the promotional credit tied to the game and price matching. They said if you order online and pricematch you don't lose your promotional credit since you already received it, but if you preordered in store you would have to talk to an employee in the store. When I went to pick up the game I asked the "gaming expert" if they PM Newegg do I still keep my promotional credit. He said you have to talk to customer service. The person at customer service said if you pricematch you lose your credit since it doesn't post to the account until 30 days. Talk about bs. Who can I speak to at Best Buy about this? The employees at Best Buy are so ignorant when it comes to GCU promotions. It's really frustrating. I got better service at the DMV right before going to Best Buy[/QUOTE]

You have 2 options. Stop buying stuff at BB or read the thread and realize price matching doesn't mess up the $20 rz deal.

Derp!

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']Those games didn't come out until October 2nd, which means it very well could be until the first week of November before you see them.[/QUOTE]

My 2k points cleared a week ago, already used them too.

[quote name='aircobra']You have 2 options. Stop buying stuff at BB or read the thread and realize price matching doesn't mess up the $20 rz deal.[/QUOTE]

Geez...That fact was way down at the bottom of the post really easy to overlook and I had checked the GCU website and read all the fine print there and didn't see anything. Not shopping at BB isn't really an option since I already paid to join GCU and it would be like throwing money away. Regardless you don't have to treat me like an idiot. I took steps to gather the information myself and asked valid questions in the store. I shouldn't have to rely on a forum or forum members unrelated to Best Buy for the correct info.

[quote name='sidewalkhustla']Geez...That fact was way down at the bottom of the post really easy to overlook and I had checked the GCU website and read all the fine print there and didn't see anything. Not shopping at BB isn't really an option since I already paid to join GCU and it would be like throwing money away. Regardless you don't have to treat me like an idiot. I took steps to gather the information myself and asked valid questions in the store. I shouldn't have to rely on a forum or forum members unrelated to Best Buy for the correct info.[/QUOTE]

Then don't post about it here. We're not going to indulge a useless post when you failed the first basic rule of reading the entire OP.

Preordered AC3 and Halo 4 online for in -store pickup. Both separate orders said the AC3 steelbook and Halo 4 poster will be shipped for free. I hope so, both are nice bonuses.

[quote name='Brantleygtboy']Sorry if this has already been asked, but is there any way to receive the 20$ credit on the hardened edition of black ops?[/QUOTE]

All editions qualify for 1000 RZ point bonus.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Victory-Can-Be-Pre-Ordered-20-Certificate-Pre-order-Bonus/td-p/531616

[quote name='Brantleygtboy']Sorry if this has already been asked, but is there any way to receive the 20$ credit on the hardened edition of black ops?[/QUOTE]

So we just got done telling someone that their question would have been answered in the OP and you still go and ask a question that is also answered in the OP? Come on people...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back