Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Havok83']Ive never even heard of a pitch in card before and I do tons of trading in at BB[/QUOTE]

Most employees don't know what they are or how they work (every time I use mine in store I have to tell them how to ring it up, that it's reusable so I need it back, etc.), but to be fair, it doesn't seem like many people use them anyway. I started using one because I get a lot of eGift Cards, and it's a lot more convenient to have them all in one place.

I'm about half way through MOH campaign and while its been pretty good, multiplayer isn't so much. Looks horrid compared to single and just plays wierd.
Might be trading it in next week. Theres no way for EA to dethrone COD with this shit. Will probably go back to BF3 for my multiplayer fix until Blops 2

I mean it looks like I'm playing Counter Strike, this looks like a early Xbox game in multiplayer. I almost keep checking to make sure I am even playing the same game.

[quote name='juzzak1dd']Does this apply to "Collector's" or "Limited" edition of games? Trying to pick up AC3 limited and BO2 Hardened[/QUOTE]

Fourth question down on the first post.

The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

[quote name='Sway']Fourth question down on the first post.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, just read that and thank you.

I know this probably isn't the best way to check but how do I go about adding my gift cards to my pitch in card. I just received it today in the mail and would like to consolidate about $350 in GC onto it.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']I know this probably isn't the best way to check but how do I go about adding my gift cards to my pitch in card. I just received it today in the mail and would like to consolidate about $350 in GC onto it.[/QUOTE]Bestbuy.com -> My Account -> Pitch In Card: View Account Summary (lower right) -> (leftmost drop-down tab) Manage Your Lists: List: My Pitch In Card -> Enter amount in box and click "Contribute".

Occasionally the amount you input gets rewritten after you click "Contribute" and are taken to your "shopping cart"; just retype the amount and click "Update" and you should be good to go. Just check out like you would if you were buying something and use the gift cards you want to consolidate onto the Pitch In Card as your payment method.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']I know this probably isn't the best way to check but how do I go about adding my gift cards to my pitch in card. I just received it today in the mail and would like to consolidate about $350 in GC onto it.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but what is a pitch in card?

Activate your card, once you do go to [My Account] top right
Click [View Account Summary] under Pitch In
Under [Your Manage List]
Click [List: Pitch In Card]
Then you contribute however you want into your card.

Oh whoops, should have refreshed first >

[quote name='Vigilante']Bestbuy.com -> My Account -> Pitch In Card: View Account Summary (lower right) -> (leftmost drop-down tab) Manage Your Lists: List: My Pitch In Card -> Enter amount in box and click "Contribute".

Occasionally the amount you input gets rewritten after you click "Contribute" and are taken to your "shopping cart"; just retype the amount and click "Update" and you should be good to go. Just check out like you would if you were buying something and use the gift cards you want to consolidate onto the Pitch In Card as your payment method.[/QUOTE]
Thanks man, did a test with one of my cards. Hasn't shown up yet in my order history but the balance on the gift card is gone. So i shall see if I did it right. Otherwise might have to contact the personal shopper thing.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Thanks man, did a test with one of my cards. Hasn't shown up yet in my order history but the balance on the gift card is gone. So i shall see if I did it right. Otherwise might have to contact the personal shopper thing.[/QUOTE]Patience. By morning you should receive an email confirming your "order" and two more confirming the value added to the Pitch In Card (the first titled "A friend added to your Pitch In Card", the second "Pitch In Card contribution complete"). It usually isn't immediate.

[quote name='Vigilante']Patience. By morning you should receive an email confirming your "order" and two more confirming the value added to the Pitch In Card (the first titled "A friend added to your Pitch In Card", the second "Pitch In Card contribution complete"). It usually isn't immediate.[/QUOTE]

This hasn't been my experience. If they don't go through in

[quote name='Vigilante']Definitely not the case--once it took several hours to receive confirmation emails for adding to my Pitch In Card. Now, if you don't get any notice within 24 hours after the transaction...then yes, something might be wrong.[/QUOTE]

This is true, for me at least.

Here's what we have so far for AC3 week one PMs goes:
$47.99at Toys R Us (doorbuster sale 11/2-11/3)
$49.99 at K-Mart w/ $10 gaming coupon (from what I've read BB PMing the $10 coupon is YMMV?)
$49.99 at Frys

$48/$50 with $20 in RZ certificates seems like a great incentive to pick up AC3 as opposed to waiting till Black Friday.

Anybody that normally goes to best buys midnight releases know if they get pretty filled up? I went to the midnight release for borderlands at best buy and I showed up at like 11:45 and I was literally 3rd in line with like 2 other ppl behind me when I left. I ask because I really want that assassins creed coin but do not want to wait in the cold for it or wait longer than an hour just to get it.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Anybody that normally goes to best buys midnight releases know if they get pretty filled up? I went to the midnight release for borderlands at best buy and I showed up at like 11:45 and I was literally 3rd in line with like 2 other ppl behind me when I left. I ask because I really want that assassins creed coin but do not want to wait in the cold for it or wait longer than an hour just to get it.[/QUOTE]

My local one in SF had like 8-10 people for gears of war 3. You can probably go to your store at like 11:45ish and be done and out the door by like 12:15-12:30ish depending on how fast/slow they do it

also, do I just need to get a copy of the ad to PM at BB? I've never actually done it before....

[quote name='ChaosLaw']Whenever I've PM'd something I used RZ for, I got the points back to the extent that they were the final method of payment for the price difference. One time they did work like a reduction in price, so I had to get an override but ended up getting cash back, so prety sweet. I've heard the "official" rule is that there's a hierarchy where you first get cash back, then gift cards, then RZ points. I don't know how that's triggered, etc. Your best bet would be to use the RZ Certs on something you don't plan on returning/PMing etc so you can get rid of them.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Saix_XIII']RZ Certificates do NOT affect price matching. They are as good as cash/gift card in the eyes of Best Buy. They act as a coupon to an extent, but because you have to spend money or buy items to get them it will not work against a price match. On a receipt it clearly shows you used a RZ certificate. If any store denies a price match due to you using a certificate they are making stuff up.[/QUOTE]

Ok, as long as I would get the RZ points back, I'd be happy. Guess I've been living under a false assumption all this time. :D

[quote name='Sway']Here's what we have so far for AC3 week one PMs goes:
$47.99at Toys R Us (doorbuster sale 11/2-11/3)
$49.99 at K-Mart w/ $10 gaming coupon (from what I've read BB PMing the $10 coupon is YMMV?)
$49.99 at Frys

$48/$50 with $20 in RZ certificates seems like a great incentive to pick up AC3 as opposed to waiting till Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

Thought about going to Target for AC3 as part of B2G1 but I might end up going with Best Buy after seeing all these PM opportunities. The only other game I really wanted as part of the B2G1 was Most Wanted and I have that pre-ordered from Newegg for $47.99.

[quote name='koruwa']also, do I just need to get a copy of the ad to PM at BB? I've never actually done it before....[/QUOTE]I don't think you need an ad, but it helps significantly with the PMing process; otherwise the employee will have to look for the sale online and/or call the store in question to confirm the sale price.

w00t!
My $20 bonus is pending from my MoH (preorder), Forza H LE (preorder) and Dishonored purchase from Tuesday! It was a convoluted process but I was able to use my $20 bonus for buying Borderlands 2, use the B2G1 deal, snag the Forza preorder DLC and (apparently) the $20 bonus for MoH.

As much as I dislike GS, at least the pickup process is fast.

[quote name='Vader582']w00t!
My $20 bonus is pending from my MoH (preorder), Forza H LE (preorder) and Dishonored purchase from Tuesday! It was a convoluted process but I was able to use my $20 bonus for buying Borderlands 2, use the B2G1 deal, snag the Forza preorder DLC and (apparently) the $20 bonus for MoH.

As much as I dislike GS, at least the pickup process is fast.[/QUOTE]

You got the B2G1 to work on the LE of Forza?

[quote name='JohnWayne']Anybody that normally goes to best buys midnight releases know if they get pretty filled up? I went to the midnight release for borderlands at best buy and I showed up at like 11:45 and I was literally 3rd in line with like 2 other ppl behind me when I left. I ask because I really want that assassins creed coin but do not want to wait in the cold for it or wait longer than an hour just to get it.[/QUOTE]

MW3 was by far the biggest in Columbus, OH. There was over 100+ people that came through the doors according to the gaming supervisor who was running it.

Gears 3 had 35-40 at midnight and a few more came slightly after try let us in. By far this was the best swag giveaway.

AC:R/SR3/Rayman was pretty dead.

Didn't make it for Skyrim, but apparently there was 3-5 people fully dressed in armor. Heard it was a good turn out.

I Forget the rest, but to sum up; its highly dependent on the area/game.

[quote name='slowdive21']Actually I believe the time increases the more you add to the card. The first transaction is about 3 minutes. Every other transaction adds about 2 minutes for it to process: 3 mins, 5 mins, 7 mins, 9 mins, etc. This is an approximation.[/QUOTE]I don't think that's how it works since I once had a transaction take a few hours to process, but the next one took less than 10 minutes to do so. :???:

[quote name='aircobra']You got the B2G1 to work on the LE of Forza?[/QUOTE]

I did as well, as long as all the games are $59.99 or above and the free game is $59.99 your all good.

[quote name='bzchanboy']I did as well, as long as all the games are $59.99 or above and the free game is $59.99 your all good.[/QUOTE]

Except that the b2g1 free specifically states that its for games $59.99 or LESS...

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Except that the b2g1 free specifically states that its for games $59.99 or LESS...[/QUOTE]

I don't think their going to restrict the deal and not let you pay more. Pretty much means free game has to be 59.99 or less.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']I don't think their going to restrict the deal and not let you pay more. Pretty much means free game has to be 59.99 or less.[/QUOTE]

Except that it says "Buy two games priced $59.99 or less and get one free"...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Electronics/Video-Games/abcat0700000.c?id=abcat0700000

It's SUPPOSED to be $59.99 or less and all signage indicates this. I believe the system allows any price ,BUT saying it "shouldn't be a problem" is far from the truth. If the employee knows anything (like literacy) and/or cares its a no go.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']MW3 was by far the biggest in Columbus, OH. There was over 100+ people that came through the doors according to the gaming supervisor who was running it.

Gears 3 had 35-40 at midnight and a few more came slightly after try let us in. By far this was the best swag giveaway.

AC:R/SR3/Rayman was pretty dead.

Didn't make it for Skyrim, but apparently there was 3-5 people fully dressed in armor. Heard it was a good turn out.

I Forget the rest, but to sum up; its highly dependent on the area/game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply, there's a bunch of thugs and gangstas in my area so maybe there won't be a big line for AC3, especially with Halo and COD coming out in the 2 weeks after AC3, hopefully most people won't want to line up for all 3 games

I woul love to get AC3 using my credit, especially to nab those promo points, but I never finished Brotherhood, and never even purchased Revelations.

I feel so out of the loop... I don't think it's worth all the re-investing of my time, especially with BLOPS 2 right around the corner.

Is it too late to pre-order ACIII or halo 4? I always tell myself I'm not going to buy a game on day one, but I tend to do it anyways...

[quote name='Kablasia']Is it too late to pre-order ACIII or halo 4? I always tell myself I'm not going to buy a game on day one, but I tend to do it anyways...[/QUOTE]

You should be good on both. Rules for Halo 4 states Saturday prior, I'd expect the same for Ass 3, but I've heard of them being taken up until the night before.

[quote name='Kablasia']Is it too late to pre-order ACIII or halo 4? I always tell myself I'm not going to buy a game on day one, but I tend to do it anyways...[/QUOTE]

No, not too late. Believe you can still preorder ACIII through Monday but I'd get in by Sunday if you can. And then same thing for Halo but you have another week as that doesn't come out until 11/6.

With the get $20 deal for preorder and purchase for Unlocked members, not a bad deal to get these ones day one.

[quote name='jcp42877']I woul love to get AC3 using my credit, especially to nab those promo points, but I never finished Brotherhood, and never even purchased Revelations.

I feel so out of the loop... I don't think it's worth all the re-investing of my time, especially with BLOPS 2 right around the corner.[/QUOTE]

Can hear what you are saying about AC series, I was never drawn in to those stories and characters. BUT this one is different. It is in the US during the Revolutionary War so really should pull in more Americans from a content standpoint. If you haven't seen the commercials you haven't been watching TV as they are everywhere. :)

Understand, only so much time to game but I really think this one is worth buying and very different from the other AC games.

[quote name='dc delta90']Can hear what you are saying about AC series, I was never drawn in to those stories and characters. BUT this one is different. It is in the US during the Revolutionary War so really should pull in more Americans from a content standpoint. If you haven't seen the commercials you haven't been watching TV as they are everywhere. :)

Understand, only so much time to game but I really think this one is worth buying and very different from the other AC games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and with the preorder bonuses and price match opportunities, you'll probably end up getting this game cheaper now than if you wait for BF. unless you're really not a big fan of the series, then I would just wait it out.

[quote name='dc delta90']No, not too late. Believe you can still preorder ACIII through Monday but I'd get in by Sunday if you can. And then same thing for Halo but you have another week as that doesn't come out until 11/6.

With the get $20 deal for preorder and purchase for Unlocked members, not a bad deal to get these ones day one.[/QUOTE]

I just called my local BB and they told me i can't preorder the standard AC3 on PS3 anymore but i can on the 360. I've had the 360 version preordered for awhile now but wanted to switch platforms for the ps3 exclusive missions and content that you get for the Vita version.

He said i can come in on launch day and snag the PS3 version off the shelf maybe but i couldn't get the PS3 DLC.

Ugh.

[quote name='splattered']I just called my local BB and they told me i can't preorder the standard AC3 on PS3 anymore but i can on the 360. I've had the 360 version preordered for awhile now but wanted to switch platforms for the ps3 exclusive missions and content that you get for the Vita version.

He said i can come in on launch day and snag the PS3 version off the shelf maybe but i couldn't get the PS3 DLC.

Ugh.[/QUOTE]

The card is universal isn't it? The one I grabbed has a barcode for every platform on the back.

[quote name='splattered']Right but i put the $5 deposit down specifically on the 360 version i believe..?[/QUOTE]

So, I did this exact thing today: take the card and receipt to cust service, and they should refund the $5 and scan the PS3 barcode on the back. I did this today with no issues.

[quote name='aircobra']No, just no.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vigilante']Definitely not the case--once it took several hours to receive confirmation emails for adding to my Pitch In Card. Now, if you don't get any notice within 24 hours after the transaction...then yes, something might be wrong.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slowdive21']Actually I believe the time increases the more you add to the card. The first transaction is about 3 minutes. Every other transaction adds about 2 minutes for it to process: 3 mins, 5 mins, 7 mins, 9 mins, etc. This is an approximation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Vigilante']I don't think that's how it works since I once had a transaction take a few hours to process, but the next one took less than 10 minutes to do so. :???:[/QUOTE]

I can only relay my experience. I've done 20+ pic contributions, usually in bunches of 3-5 gcs, one at a time, of varying amounts. I've only had 2 take longer than 5 minutes to process from the time I placed the order. They were in process for over 5 weeks before I decided to cancel and replace those orders and they were completed in under 5 minutes. Besides, it shouldn't take a few hours to buy a gift card so there's no reason it should take that long for a reloadable one.

When I go pick up AC 3, if I use, lets says $20 in rewards, will it say on the receipt I paid $39.99 for the game and underneath that saying I used $20 in rewards? I feel like they might give me a problem when I try to match TRUs price or any other price matches. I just don't want to end up with all this BB credit. I rather use it on the games I am getting the next couple of weeks, but I do not want trouble PMing. I know one person said it should be no issue, can anyone else confirm this. Thanks.

[quote name='DomLando']When I go pick up AC 3, if I use, lets says $20 in rewards, will it say on the receipt I paid $39.99 for the game and underneath that saying I used $20 in rewards? I feel like they might give me a problem when I try to match TRUs price or any other price matches. I just don't want to end up with all this BB credit. I rather use it on the games I am getting the next couple of weeks, but I do not want trouble PMing. I know one person said it should be no issue, can anyone else confirm this. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Nope. It will show the game for $59.99 then it will show under that RZ cert ($20) and then the final price.

It should NOT affect you PMing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back