Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I have really disliked the other two Halo games I played (1 and 2), but what I saw at E3 seemed cool and these reviews are making me interested. I have about $60 left in BB credit and was going to pick up Black Ops 2 before deciding which spring games I am going to get besides GTA V, but considering just going with Halo 4 over Black Ops 2...

ARGH! Don't know what to do!

Because of the hurricane, my Best Buy where I preordered AC3 is closed. I talked to another Best Buy and they said they will not honor the preorder. Can I buy it at the open one and return my preorder with the other stores receipt to get the $20 bonus?

[quote name='KanYozakura']Thanks for the info, but for some reason I can't log in to the @Gamer site. I don't know what my subscriber # is since I haven't had a mag mailed to me yet, and for some reason the password recovery option says it emailed my correct email address but I never receive the reset link. I tried my GCU member # and last name but that didn't work either.[/QUOTE]

Ok, this sucks. One last suggestion. Call this number to try to figure out what is going on and getting it fixed. 1-800-678-3643.

Let us know if that works. Damn technology when it doesn't work.

[quote name='flyersfan8']Because of the hurricane, my Best Buy where I preordered AC3 is closed. I talked to another Best Buy and they said they will not honor the preorder. Can I buy it at the open one and return my preorder with the other stores receipt to get the $20 bonus?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you just have to wait to return the preorder until after you get your 20 dollar certificate. But all you have to do is preorder the game and buy the game.

I suspect that I'm going to need to contact CS about my $20 rewards cert for AC3. When I went yesterday to pick it up, the system wouldn't let them do the pick up properly. They tried entering it in a handful of times, but for whatever reason it wasn't taking the $5 off of the final price (would have cost me $65+ tax). In the end, the manager had them ring up the game and override the price to take $5 off (since they were doing the override anyway I had them also match Kmart in the same transaction when I would have preferred doing so separately).

I'm not too terribly worried about it. The worst-case scenario is that they refuse to give me the rewards bonus and I return the game. That's the kind of problem you can't really complain about.

I just called CS and got my AC 3 pricematched to 49 from knart. Did you guys who got them to match the coupon also complain like crazy or just get the right rep?

Are there any Halo 4 sales anywhere that I can price match with a Best Buy pre-order?

They matched Newegg's $47.99 price when I picked up Assassin's Creed 3 the other day, so I'm hoping for something similar with Halo 4 :cool:

No problem price matching Kmart to $50 when I picked it up today. Did not even try to argue for $40 since I know it will most likely hit $35-40 in the next 60 days. Everything went fine but no code on my receipt (first time in 4 pick-ups) so I will wait a few days for an email and if I do not get one then I will email that Kyle guy. No hurry since I am still playing the previous games.

this is the reply from the best buy rep on their site, so I couldn't PM AC3 because I got the steelbook (already called twice and got the same response) that they considered an "promotional item", so I guess I can't pm Dishonored either because of the lamp?

------

I'm sure you were looking forward to save some money with our Price Match Guarantee on your recent Assassin's Creed 3 order. However, it is true that you cannot receive a Price Match with products including a promotional item. For full details on our Price Match Guarantee, you may click here. If you have any other comments or concerns, feel free to post here or send me a private message.

Regards,

[quote name='perfectsil']this is the reply from the best buy rep on their site, so I couldn't PM AC3 because I got the steelbook (already called twice and got the same response) that they considered an "promotional item", so I guess I can't pm Dishonored either because of the lamp?

------

I'm sure you were looking forward to save some money with our Price Match Guarantee on your recent Assassin's Creed 3 order. However, it is true that you cannot receive a Price Match with products including a promotional item. For full details on our Price Match Guarantee, you may click here. If you have any other comments or concerns, feel free to post here or send me a private message.

Regards,[/QUOTE]

That all seems like a bunch of I do not know what to do so I will make up some type of excuse answer. I would call CS again. The steelbook and the lamp do not keep you from price matching anything.

Wow i can't believe Fry's already has Halo on sale haha will definitely be price matching day 1.

My points are still pending for Dishonored... would be nice if these drop before Halo releases.

Have there been any decent PM opportunities for Dishonored yet? I don't recall seeing anything. Would love to get a PM on that before Halo drops as well.

***Also, i still don't have pending points from AC3... picked it up 10-28 (oops was looking at my rewards site, that's when i switched it over from 360 to ps3, i picked it up on 10-30 of course)

[quote name='Lazer77']But wasn't Mass Effect bashed by turbonerds who just didn't like the ending? I've never played any Mass Effect game, but I heard 3 isn't that bad, its just the ending was a huge letdown. People tend to have strong opinions on the internet, yet I'm sure most of them actually enjoyed the game ;)[/QUOTE]

There is a very long answer, but the short one is play it for yourself. You might find you agree with the turbonerds. Just think of your favorite trilogy - game, movie, novel, whatever - and replace the entire dramatic climax and ending with a bloated LOTR era Peter Jackson taking a dump for the last 45 minutes, end mission, third of book. It kinda soils your view, no matter how great the preceding portions were.

Back on topic. I think it's time to cancel my Halo 4 pre-order on Amazon and go to Best Buy tonight. There shouldn't be a problem pre-ordering this close to release should there? A $20 cert sounds way better than a $10 Instant Video credit.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Back on topic. I think it's time to cancel my Halo 4 pre-order on Amazon and go to Best Buy tonight. There shouldn't be a problem pre-ordering this close to release should there? A $20 cert sounds way better than a $10 Instant Video credit.[/QUOTE]

If you're worried, just order it online. But no, there won't be any problem.

[quote name='dc delta90']And did anybody notice this? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-P...er/pcmcat264800050003.c?id=pcmcat264800050003

2013 Titles
Bioshock Infinite
Crysis 3
Deadspace 3
Gears of War Judgement
God of War Ascension
GTA V
Injustice Gods Amongst Us
The Last of Us
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
South Park Stick of Truth
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Tomb Raider

Also, BBY just launched a new preorder system in stores. You can now put down any amount you want up to the full amount (minimum of $5) but can only do that once (can't put down $5 today, $20 later, etc.). Also, it's a different kind of transaction so the whole return/exchange thing will be a thing of the past.

This only applies to titles releasing in 2013 going forward, so all the current titles will still be under the old system.[/QUOTE]

This just in. Dead Island Riptide just added to the promo.

What do you think guys, should we start up a new thread with just info on the 2013 titles?

[quote name='dc delta90']This just in. Dead Island Riptide just added to the promo.

What do you think guys, should we start up a new thread with just info on the 2013 titles?[/QUOTE]

It's too bad Best Buy doesn't appear to be gettng the "Special Edition" that Amazon and Gamestop have listed.

[quote name='DDustiNN']Are there any Halo 4 sales anywhere that I can price match with a Best Buy pre-order?

They matched Newegg's $47.99 price when I picked up Assassin's Creed 3 the other day, so I'm hoping for something similar with Halo 4 :cool:[/QUOTE]

This isn't 100% confirmed, but I recall asking someone at Best Buy about the same thing during the spring this year for some game, can't remember, and they said they don't price match preorder prices. Not 100% positive though.

[quote name='splattered']Wow i can't believe Fry's already has Halo on sale haha will definitely be price matching day 1.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see a Fry's ad for next week's deals yet. Where did you see this?

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Still no AC3 DLC code. What was the pre-order DLC? If it's nothing major I'll just call them up in the next day or two and start playing now.[/QUOTE]

A weapon and a mission I believe.

I am looking for some advice. I recently Purchase Assassin's Creed online last minute at 7:55pm on 10/29/12. It still stated that it was a pre-order. Although I didn't get the dlc when I picked up my game on 10/30/12, I am not much concern of it as much as I am about the $20 gift cert for GCU. Also, because I am afraid I may not receive the $20 gift cert, and I have not price matched. My game is still sealed and have not opened. Looking for some advice as to how to approach my situation. Thank you, just 1-3 people, don't want to cloud the forum.

The wizards at my local BBY asked for my RZ number at the time of my AC3 pre-order, but apparently it never made it to my account. My AC3 purchase just showed on my account, but without the "Victory Can Be Unlocked" 1,000 bonus points. I emailed BBY with my Customer PIN (found on the bottom of the receipt) and according to their response, BBY will manually add the $20 RZ voucher when the purchase changes from pending.

I'm posting this so that others won't get too worried if the sales rep somehow messed up the pre-order process. Seems a bit too common for my taste, but apparently a quick e-mail to the people at Reward Zone will straighten it out if you're having problems.

[quote name='webkatt']stopped by my local bestbuy and got my collectors coin. woot[/QUOTE]
I'm jelly.... my local store didn't even get any....

[quote name='xXI SPECTER IXx']I am looking for some advice. I recently Purchase Assassin's Creed online last minute at 7:55pm on 10/29/12. It still stated that it was a pre-order. Although I didn't get the dlc when I picked up my game on 10/30/12, I am not much concern of it as much as I am about the $20 gift cert for GCU. Also, because I am afraid I may not receive the $20 gift cert, and I have not price matched. My game is still sealed and have not opened. Looking for some advice as to how to approach my situation. Thank you, just 1-3 people, don't want to cloud the forum.[/QUOTE]
I did the same thing and the transaction just posted to my account and there is not a $20 promo bonus like there was for RE6 so I am going to call them up and see what went wrong. I should still get it considering I did technically pre-order it (night before, but the offer was still listed on the item page and it did say "pre-order" not add to cart) but hopefully I get a knowledgeable rep.

[quote name='Lazer77']This isn't 100% confirmed, but I recall asking someone at Best Buy about the same thing during the spring this year for some game, can't remember, and they said they don't price match preorder prices. Not 100% positive though.[/QUOTE]

They don't match preorder prices per policy.

The reason being is to PM the store has to have stock for sale to PM. If the games not released yet they don't have stock to sale.

Given that, it never hurts to ask.

Also per policy they shouldn't have PMed the newegg deal as it needed a coupon to get that price. So that should give you some hope that they're more lenient.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']I did the same thing and the transaction just posted to my account and there is not a $20 promo bonus like there was for RE6 so I am going to call them up and see what went wrong. I should still get it considering I did technically pre-order it (night before, but the offer was still listed on the item page and it did say "pre-order" not add to cart) but hopefully I get a knowledgeable rep.[/QUOTE]

It's not supposed to post for 30 days...

[quote name='Jimmienoman']It's not supposed to post for 30 days...[/QUOTE]
Good to know that the cert wont actually show up in my RZ account until after 30 days.

It's odd that they don't show it as pending so that people can actually tell they're going to receive it though....

[quote name='Jimmienoman']It's not supposed to post for 30 days...[/QUOTE]
I haven't received the pre-order bonus sku and haven't received anything via e-mail so obviously something went wrong with the pre-order transaction. RE6 points also had the $20 bonus transaction points in the details which is missing from AC3 too. I know I can't use the points until 30 days though.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']I haven't received the pre-order bonus sku and haven't received anything via e-mail so obviously something went wrong with the pre-order transaction. RE6 points also had the $20 bonus transaction points in the details which is missing from AC3 too. I know I can't use the points until 30 days though.[/QUOTE]
are the bonus points supposed to show up in the transaction?

[quote name='koruwa']are the bonus points supposed to show up in the transaction?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but it can take a couple of days for the bonus points to show up under the transaction. It happened to me, my BL2 game posted with no mention of any 1000 bonus points and then a couple of days later they were added on. Just give it a few days.

[quote name='koruwa']are the bonus points supposed to show up in the transaction?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but it usually takes a few days after the initial points for the purchase show up as pending. If you don't see the 1000 point bonus pending within 7 days of the transaction itself showing as pending, then I would be concerned. As it is, many of us who picked up on Tuesday just saw the base transaction posted as pending today, so the bonus points probably won't pend until early to mid next week.

On the reward zone site they should. Well, at least for when I did RE6 they did and they're still pending. If you expand the details it will say something like:

Purchases: xx points
Everyday GC bonus promo: XX
Gamer's club victory unlocked prom: 1000

Edit: The main reason I'm concerned isn't that the 1k points aren't showing up yet, is that I have yet to receive the pre-order dlc code.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']I haven't received the pre-order bonus sku and haven't received anything via e-mail so obviously something went wrong with the pre-order transaction. RE6 points also had the $20 bonus transaction points in the details which is missing from AC3 too. I know I can't use the points until 30 days though.[/QUOTE]

Did you PREORDER (not pickup. But preorder) in store or online?

My Anthology $20 cert posted exactly month after release today. Just in time for Black Ops 2.

With AC3 points not showing it usually takes a week to go pending. Anthology edition took like 2 weeks so don't panic.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Did you PREORDER (not pickup. But preorder) in store or online?[/QUOTE]

Yes, like I said, I preordered the day before it came out but it was still a preorder.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']On the reward zone site they should. Well, at least for when I did RE6 they did and they're still pending. If you expand the details it will say something like:

Edit: The main reason I'm concerned isn't that the 1k points aren't showing up yet, is that I have yet to receive the pre-order dlc code.[/QUOTE]

Ah, alright, cool. Was this info not on the OP or did I just miss it :/

[quote name='koruwa']Ah, alright, cool. Was this info not on the OP or did I just miss it :/[/QUOTE]

Well, the points promo can take a while (it took me until around the 20th for RE6 even though I picked up on October 2nd) so you shouldn't be worried if you can't see them yet. I'm just a little concerned that I didn't get the pre-order DLC and for some reason wasn't processed as a pre-order.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']Well, the points promo can take a while (it took me until around the 20th for RE6 even though I picked up on October 2nd) so you shouldn't be worried if you can't see them yet. I'm just a little concerned that I didn't get the pre-order DLC and for some reason wasn't processed as a pre-order.[/QUOTE]

Preorder online and you won't have these type of problems.

[quote name='Alkalinejoe']On the reward zone site they should. Well, at least for when I did RE6 they did and they're still pending. If you expand the details it will say something like:

Edit: The main reason I'm concerned isn't that the 1k points aren't showing up yet, is that I have yet to receive the pre-order dlc code.[/QUOTE]

mine dosnt show the "Gamer's club victory unlocked prom: 1000" yet , but I did get the DLC code. So should I just wait to see if the 1000 Promo shows up?

Yea, I'm not tripping (I just picked up ACIII). I did get the preorder DLC with it so it should have been correctly processed as such.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Still no AC3 DLC code. What was the pre-order DLC? If it's nothing major I'll just call them up in the next day or two and start playing now.[/QUOTE]

a single-player mission and weapon. this is usually the type of stuff they give away with the first or last paid DLC that they start releasing, so if you're going for the season pass, you didn't miss anything gameplay wise, I would guess. however, they were going for 10-20$ on ebay before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back