Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just moved and now I'm by a Best Buy that has a midnight opening for Halo 4. Sadly, Halo 4 is the first of these pre-ordered games that I don't care enough to pick up at midnight.

Also, I didn't hear anything about Best Buy doing Halo 4 dog tags. I thought the Microsoft Store was the only place doing H4 dog tags. I think Best Buy only has Black Ops II tags.

[quote name='xXI SPECTER IXx']I have a few hours to twist my arm before I lose out on the 20 cert. I am hesitant. Can't decide, this or Black Ops 2.[/QUOTE]

Worse comes to worse, buy Halo then play it for a week. If you don't want to keep it over BLOPs deux ten trade it in for $40 and put that towards BLOPS 2

Question about the Certs. -

I have a $60 cert and wanted to know if its possible to spend less than $60 and still be able to use it again or do I have to use the entire $60 in one transaction?

Thanks.

[quote name='dan77733']Question about the Certs. -

I have a $60 cert and wanted to know if its possible to spend less than $60 and still be able to use it again or do I have to use the entire $60 in one transaction?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Entire $60 in one transaction was always my impression. The certs act more like coupons (i.e. one use $x off your transaction) than gift cards. That's also the reason that tax is calculated post cert which is helpful if you have a pile of certs and want to buy something big.

I was about to preorder Black Ops and I see that the store nearest my job isn't listed as being able to take a preorder. I guess I should thank BB for making the decision whether to preorder it easier.

EDIT: Scratch that. When I entered the zip code for the store it didn't show up. When I did a general city search it showed up. That makes sense.

Just had to post this, slightly off topic.

I went into Best Buy last Thursday to trade in $35 worth of games ($73.50 after boost) and pre-order Dead Space 3. Everything went fine.

I check my RZ acct, the pre-order is there no problem, but the trade-in is not. I call RZ and he doesn't see it as a pending transaction either. He tells me he considers himself an otaku and we talk about games in general for around 10 minutes. He then tells me he is going to just give me $40, aka 2000 points.

I was like "uh...that's a lot more than what I should get, I am only missing like 70 points" and he said "what's the worst you are going to do? spend it in Best Buy? so it's fine". I was literally shocked by this but I wasn't going to turn it down, I just didn't want him or I to get in trouble for it.

Going to get Halo 4 tonight for basically $20 and then get $20 back in rewards. A truly amazing CS experience!

When I was shopping at my Best Buy the other day, one of the new game associates that I know had a "oh shit" moment, he almost forgot to sign off on some trade in's he did for a customer. So sounds like the job wasn't done quick enough and you benefited in the end.

So I still haven't gotten my notice for my Halo 4 LE to be picked up tonight, but I've gotten my SE email this morning. Anyone else still haven't received a notice to pick up their LE preorder?

So, I have a question and am confused. If I go to best buy tonight, and join BBY Gamers club, and pre order Halo 4, will I get $20 30 days after?

First time pre ordering from here. I am silver and have a gamers zone account also.

[quote name='dan77733']Question about the Certs. -

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You have to use over the amount of the cert to be able to use it (i.e. $60.01).

[quote name='computingwarren']So, I have a question and am confused. If I go to best buy tonight, and join BBY Gamers club, and pre order Halo 4, will I get $20 30 days after?

First time pre ordering from here. I am silver and have a gamers zone account also.[/QUOTE]

You'd have to join GCU before they close and then pre-order online. It's wayyyy too late to do that in-store. And it would most likely only be 2 weeks since you're silver.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Can I still get the preorder bonus if I order to tonight?[/QUOTE]

Are you pre-ordering? Because that would answer your question.

[quote name='Jay197']does anyone know why my halo 4 order showed up like this? no pending points

mpBVR.png
[/QUOTE]

...Because that was for the free poster and not the game...

[quote name='aircobra']You'd have to join GCU before they close and then pre-order online. It's wayyyy too late to do that in-store. And it would most likely only be 2 weeks since you're silver.[/QUOTE]

How is that too late? they are open til 10... Can't I pre order in store??

[quote name='Sharkey1337']So I still haven't gotten my notice for my Halo 4 LE to be picked up tonight, but I've gotten my SE email this morning. Anyone else still haven't received a notice to pick up their LE preorder?[/QUOTE]

I haven't and from what I can tell, we aren't alone.

[quote name='computingwarren']How is that too late? they are open til 10... Can't I pre order in store??[/QUOTE]

You can still preorder the regular edition in store today. Just need to do it before they close. I'd recommend signing up for Gamers Club Unlocked tonight as well. MAKE SURE THEY GET YOUR RZ NUMBER! I'd double check when you sign up that they have a current email address for you and all your other information is correct.

[quote name='Hoover10']Can you still do this for Halo and Black Ops 2? I can't find the list on the Reward Zone site.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Both titles are still eligible for the offer. Again, make sure they have your RZ number and current information ESPECIALLY email address when you sign up for Unlocked.

You don't have to be Unlocked when you preorder but it makes the tracking go a lot easier if you are.

Jimmie Jimmie, the CAG that twisted the arm. Thats a good way of looking at it. Who knows, I may end up enjoying Halo 4. I hope it is as good as Halo 3. Black Ops II so close. What a crazy year full of games and deals. if anyone wants to game it up tomorrow, PM me for some Halo 4.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Worse comes to worse, buy Halo then play it for a week. If you don't want to keep it over BLOPs deux ten trade it in for $40 and put that towards BLOPS 2[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kingofk1ngs']how long before i should be able to see the Reward Zone certificate for Halo 4?[/QUOTE]
up to 30 days just like all the other ones

[quote name='bojay1997']I haven't and from what I can tell, we aren't alone.[/QUOTE]

Yup, things are looking grim for BB, I have two orders neither of which show pickup...

[quote name='murph17']up to 30 days just like all the other ones[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Hopefully i get my email soon that says it'll be ready for pickup.

[quote name='doubledown']How come I don't see any reference to BLACK OPS II on Best Buy websites for the $20 bonus?[/QUOTE]

You may want to read the OP or even the last 20 or so posts.

[quote name='doubledown']How come I don't see any reference to BLACK OPS II on Best Buy websites for the $20 bonus?[/QUOTE]

If you search "Black ops 2" its on the bottom, right after the video in the middle. On the right. Doesn't say $20, but it does say certificate.

[quote name='stoned99']Yup, things are looking grim for BB, I have two orders neither of which show pickup...[/QUOTE]

For my last two preorders, ACIII and RE6, I never got a "it's ready for pickup" email. I got the email the evening before with the bar code and just showed that email to the guy at the service desk. The pickup went w/o a hitch. I wouldn't worry about getting an email tonight/tomorrow.

In a worst case scenario, you could just bring in your RZ card and order confirmation and they should be able to find it.

It SHOULD be showing on the RZ website when you are signed in but with the updates for the 2013 new titles, this was accidentally taken down. That will get updated but it is taking longer than planned.

Be ABSOLUTELY ASSURED that Call of Duty Black Ops 2, Halo 4 and Far Cry 3 (360 and PS3 versions of these) are all part of this promotion.

[quote name='bob330i']For my last two preorders, ACIII and RE6, I never got a "it's ready for pickup" email. I got the email the evening before with the bar code and just showed that email to the guy at the service desk. The pickup went w/o a hitch. I wouldn't worry about getting an email tonight/tomorrow.

In a worst case scenario, you could just bring in your RZ card and order confirmation and they should be able to find it.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but you still have to get the e-mail saying "your order will be ready for pickup tomorrow" and none of us got that either. If you don't get the notice, it means they haven't received the inventory at the store and your order hasn't been processed for pickup, at least if you preordered online. They may still have enough copies, but given that many of us want the $20 preorder credit, we aren't looking to mess with things and its possible the online order copies haven't been received at the stores yet, especially if people who preordered online for shipping with express service still haven't seen theirs ship yet. This is very worrying on a number of levels.

Not sure if this was ever answered...
I tried to do a price match today on MoH. The new system wouldn't allow my CS person to do it. She then processed it like an Exchange and claimed that it shouldn't affect any promotions on it. Should I be concerned?

[quote name='lordopus99']Not sure if this was ever answered...
I tried to do a price match today on MoH. The new system wouldn't allow my CS person to do it. She then processed it like an Exchange and claimed that it shouldn't affect any promotions on it. Should I be concerned?[/QUOTE]

I don't think you should be, seeing as how that's how the transaction for pickup is normally done anyway. I just had a return/rebuy done (apparently) on an NBA 2K13 PM and I'm waiting for the verdict on that one.

Read the thread. This has been covered directly and in-directly.

[quote name='lordopus99']Not sure if this was ever answered...
I tried to do a price match today on MoH. The new system wouldn't allow my CS person to do it. She then processed it like an Exchange and claimed that it shouldn't affect any promotions on it. Should I be concerned?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='cancerman1120']We should re-title this: Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012 YES BLOPS2 IS INCLUDED[/QUOTE]

Wait what's BLOPS2? And does anyone know if the new modern warfare has the promo still? I don't see it on the website anymore..

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Wait what's BLOPS2? And does anyone know if the new modern warfare has the promo still? I don't see it on the website anymore..[/QUOTE]

You got me on that one...I chuckled after I realized you were messing around. At first I was really confused. :)

Looks like dumbass people on Ebay are paying $20 and up to $35 for the Best Buy armor set on Ebay. Probably want to list it now if you selling it before the flood comes. Get it the flood.....thanks i'll be here all week. Shoulda know it'd be worth something retarded, I promised my code to a kid at work. He's the biggest Halo fanboy I know haha.

Got the night off unexpectedly so looks like i'll be at Best Buy at midnight after all. Halo this week, CoD next taking bets on the worst crowds I say twice as many for CoD.

Dam that is just insane. Good for those who are not doing so well with money. I am giving my code away. Although I wish I could capitalize on it.

[quote name='$hady']Looks like dumbass people on Ebay are paying $20 and up to $35 for the Best Buy armor set on Ebay. Probably want to list it now if you selling it before the flood comes. Get it the flood.....thanks i'll be here all week. Shoulda know it'd be worth something retarded, I promised my code to a kid at work. He's the biggest Halo fanboy I know haha.

Got the night off unexpectedly so looks like i'll be at Best Buy at midnight after all. Halo this week, CoD next taking bets on the worst crowds I say twice as many for CoD.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if it's worth it to keep my blops 2 le preorder or just get the standard edition. I'm pretty sure it'll be harder to pm the Le over the regular copy. :/

[quote name='joeyshadows']I'm wondering if it's worth it to keep my blops 2 le preorder or just get the standard edition. I'm pretty sure it'll be harder to pm the Le over the regular copy. :/[/QUOTE]

True. But the enterprising person would see the opportunity to sell all of the exclusive items in the LE to help pay for the game.

I'm not doing it though. Nuketown Zombies 4 life.

[quote name='milehighshooter']if I pre order halo4 in one store can I pick up in a different store ?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so since they are holding your copy at the original store... You don't wanna cancel that one either as that's your $20 credit one.

[quote name='xXI SPECTER IXx']Dam that is just insane. Good for those who are not doing so well with money. I am giving my code away. Although I wish I could capitalize on it. [/QUOTE]
Say $15-20 after fees for the codes + $20 credit + $40 trade in value minimum = free rental and profit even if you don't care much about Halo. I'm happy with the game for $40 he can have my codes.

If I'm doing a pre-order/store pickup online they don't charge you till you pick it up right? I think they might be a hold on the money for the pre-order on your card? I want to trade in a couple games tomorrow before picking it up to pay for it.

[quote name='Namerson']If I'm doing a pre-order/store pickup online they don't charge you till you pick it up right? I think they might be a hold on the money for the pre-order on your card? I want to trade in a couple games tomorrow before picking it up to pay for it.[/QUOTE]

Sounds right, I don't think they actually charge you till you pick it up and show the card you ordered with and then ring it out but WE could be wrong...

Just got confirmation from the Best Buy forum that my Halo 4 LE preorder should be just fine when I go to pick it up tonight. Good luck to everyone else in picking up theirs as well!

[quote name='milehighshooter']if I pre order halo4 in one store can I pick up in a different store ?[/QUOTE]

I did it with Assassin's Creed. It took a little longer than normal, but it went through and my points are pending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back