Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2 Blops hardened editions preordered. One for me and one for my cousin. After we buy the games, will I get $40 in certificates or is the $20 promotion just for 1 copy of the game per rewardzone account?

I was informed last night by the manager at my nearest store that I could not Price Match Assassin's Creed 3, with Amazon's price, because I had used Reward Zone Certificates on it...Are these guys lying because they don't want to try to figure it out, or did I screw myself by thinking that Best Buy is legitimate in their Price Matching?

[quote name='aircobra']It's in the case.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thehoweller']I was informed last night by the manager at my nearest store that I could not Price Match Assassin's Creed 3, with Amazon's price, because I had used Reward Zone Certificates on it...Are these guys lying because they don't want to try to figure it out, or did I screw myself by thinking that Best Buy is legitimate in their Price Matching?[/QUOTE]

You might have better luck calling cs, that's how I got ac 3 price matched.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']shit, my halo 4 purchase appears that only earned 11 points! WTF?[/QUOTE]

Did you use any gift cards or rz certs to pay? If so maybe that's why it only shows 11 points.

[quote name='thehoweller']I was informed last night by the manager at my nearest store that I could not Price Match Assassin's Creed 3, with Amazon's price, because I had used Reward Zone Certificates on it...Are these guys lying because they don't want to try to figure it out, or did I screw myself by thinking that Best Buy is legitimate in their Price Matching?[/QUOTE]

RZ certs don't matter. So they were wrong

[quote name='Jimmienoman']RZ certs don't matter. So they were wrong[/QUOTE]

The RZ denial is bs, but he still might not get the price match. Game software is not on the list of what they'll pm online prices for. The policy also states its an at time of purchase pm, not during the return period. So its a YMMV situation.

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?
Yes. Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See Store for details.

Thank you all for the response. The cashier did say he was a fucking idiot, so I guess I've to take your, and her word. I'll be a little more hard on them next time.

I saw that my Halo purchase has the normal amount of points currently Pending, but the second purchase that shows up next to Halo, which I assume should be the bonus points, is listed as Pending as well but shows 0 points. Is this normal? I know they said it'd take a little while, but it's the 0 that's weirding me out.

I got my points for ac3 today! Should get my points for halo in 5 days and hoping to get my bo2 points before black friday!

Question (for those who pre-ordered online and picked up in-store):

How long does it take for the purchase to show (pending) on your Reward Zone account. I picked up my Halo 4 order on 11/7 and it does not show my points for the purchase price or the $20 reward certificate as pending(or at all). I used a RZ ($5) cert on the order and have my reward zone number attached to my online account (auto-filled in) so I know it was on the order. Thanks.

[quote name='NJMane']Question (for those who pre-ordered online and picked up in-store):

How long does it take for the purchase to show (pending) on your Reward Zone account. I picked up my Halo 4 order on 11/7 and it does not show my points for the purchase price or the $20 reward certificate as pending(or at all). I used a RZ ($5) cert on the order and have my reward zone number attached to my online account (auto-filled in) so I know it was on the order. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I preordered Assassin's Creed III several days before it was released and picked it up in store the same day as release. I got the points pending in several days.

[quote name='Flame Killa']If you return a game that you got the 1000 reward points from, do you keep the points?[/QUOTE]

trade it in, keep the rz points

Pre ordered both AC3 and Halo 4 and picked both up on their release day's. Neither the purchase points nor the bonus 1000 have posted for either of them. Am I screwed?

Still going to call in today and see what's going on, but has anyone else came across this?

[quote name='orion1998_1']is this dead? i went to get bo 2 and it doesnt show even though it did before[/QUOTE]

This has been mentioned 1000 times, its still part of the deal. Check the OP.

[quote name='El Toro Fuerte']Pre ordered both AC3 and Halo 4 and picked both up on their release day's. Neither the purchase points nor the bonus 1000 have posted for either of them. Am I screwed?

Still going to call in today and see what's going on, but has anyone else came across this?[/QUOTE]

Yes. The bonus, doesn't show up until a few days after your purchase has posted. Even if you did call, they'd just tell you to wait 30 days as they can't do anything about it.

[quote name='petethepanda']I saw that my Halo purchase has the normal amount of points currently Pending, but the second purchase that shows up next to Halo, which I assume should be the bonus points, is listed as Pending as well but shows 0 points. Is this normal? I know they said it'd take a little while, but it's the 0 that's weirding me out.[/QUOTE]

Have you looked at the details to the purchases that are listed as 0 points? Those are probably the preorder bonuses. They are for me. The 1,000 points will be added to the points with your game purchase. It may take a few more days for them to appear.

[quote name='El Toro Fuerte']Pre ordered both AC3 and Halo 4 and picked both up on their release day's. Neither the purchase points nor the bonus 1000 have posted for either of them. Am I screwed?

Still going to call in today and see what's going on, but has anyone else came across this?[/QUOTE]

My AC3 points are listed and pending. My Halo 4 points are not. Strangely, myrewardzone.bestbuy.com shows Halo 4 as being $11.99, so I'm being shortchanged both bonus points and purchase points. Sadly, my pitch in card was deducted $60+. If I was actually only charged $11.99, I'd be okay with that.

Edit: of course, as soon as I post this, Best Buy changes. Halo 4 is still listed as $11-->11points, but the 1000 bonus points are there, which is the important part.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dkl415']My AC3 points are listed and pending. My Halo 4 points are not. Strangely, myrewardzone.bestbuy.com shows Halo 4 as being $11.99, so I'm being shortchanged both bonus points and purchase points. Sadly, my pitch in card was deducted $60+. If I was actually only charged $11.99, I'd be okay with that.[/QUOTE]

You don't earn full points when using pitch-in or gift cards.

[quote name='aircobra']You don't earn full points when using pitch-in or gift cards.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you're supposed to earn any for using GC/PiC

BBYs system just likes to spit out random points when using GCs

Kept going back n forth between regular blops 2 and hardened, now hardened OOS. Will it be available on launch day like Halo 4 Limited? Anybody remember if blops 1 hardened was available on launch day?

[quote name='dkl415']My AC3 points are listed and pending. My Halo 4 points are not. Strangely, myrewardzone.bestbuy.com shows Halo 4 as being $11.99, so I'm being shortchanged both bonus points and purchase points. Sadly, my pitch in card was deducted $60+. If I was actually only charged $11.99, I'd be okay with that.[/QUOTE]

I am in the same boat, my AC3 points posted and is pending, my Halo 4 is showing as 11.99, my pitch in was charged 49$ since I did a price match to Frys. Weird thing is I did a trade in right before this purchase and it is not showing, I am thinking the guy did not scan my rewards card because I only got 40$ on my gift card, no 10% bonus. I think he did not scan my reward card when I did the purchase either.

[quote name='tepro']Kept going back n forth between regular blops 2 and hardened, now hardened OOS. Will it be available on launch day like Halo 4 Limited? Anybody remember if blops 1 hardened was available on launch day?[/QUOTE]

Don't remember but the MW3 one was definitely harder to find at launch than Halo 4 has been.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']I don't think you're supposed to earn any for using GC/PiC

BBYs system just likes to spit out random points when using GCs[/QUOTE]

It has to do with the exchange. I exchanged Forza for Need for Speed and got 60 points or something. Both of my Halo 4 pre-orders earned points.

Heads-up to Premier Silver members who preordered Borderlands 2: Amazon currently has both versions at slightly reduced prices, though the Amazon listings themselves are hidden in the Marketplace.

:ps3: $51.52
:360: $52.54

I recommend taking a screencap or printout of the price just to be safe. :)

Yea you get points for loading pitch in cards, not using.

[quote name='Vigilante']Heads-up to Premier Silver members who preordered Borderlands 2: Amazon currently has both versions at slightly reduced prices, though the Amazon listings themselves are hidden in the Marketplace.

:ps3: $51.52
:360: $52.54

I recommend taking a screencap or printout of the price just to be safe. :)[/QUOTE]

Good deal if you couldn't get in on the Fry's PM for $49.99.

Did anyone have any luck getting the Halo 4/12+1 xbox live card/800 point deal AND the $20 cert for preordering?

I figured no, but I've been tempted to cancel my blops 2 preorder and try it.

[quote name='IanWoot']Did anyone have any luck getting the Halo 4/12+1 xbox live card/800 point deal AND the $20 cert for preordering?

I figured no, but I've been tempted to cancel my blops 2 preorder and try it.[/QUOTE]

Well I got the deal ($20 off the Live Card) but they did not add the 800 points to the receipt so that is my first issue. The transaction is there now but no bonus yet but I do not think it will be a problem. It should post in a few days. I am doing the same thing for BLOPS2 because I am giving my nephews the Gold cards for Xmas. Now to figure out how to get $10 for the missing 800 points.

Edit: I also noticed my GTA V pre-order is listed as a pre-order now on the My Rewardzone website. I hope that means there will less issues with codes and stuff in the future.

Is anyone else still waiting to get the $20 for Resident Evil 6? The OP says to give it up to 35 days but it's been a bit beyond that.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I got the deal ($20 off the Live Card) but they did not add the 800 points to the receipt so that is my first issue. The transaction is there now but no bonus yet but I do not think it will be a problem. It should post in a few days. I am doing the same thing for BLOPS2 because I am giving my nephews the Gold cards for Xmas. Now to figure out how to get $10 for the missing 800 points.

Edit: I also noticed my GTA V pre-order is listed as a pre-order now on the My Rewardzone website. I hope that means there will less issues with codes and stuff in the future.[/QUOTE]
Great, thanks for letting me know.

Did you buy in-store or online?

Sorry if this has been asked a billion times but is BB still doing the $20 gift card for BO2? I don't see it anywhere on bestbuy.com or myrewardzone.com I have gamers club unlocked.

[quote name='CrushingMetal23']Sorry if this has been asked a billion times but is BB still doing the $20 gift card for BO2? I don't see it anywhere on bestbuy.com or myrewardzone.com I have gamers club unlocked.[/QUOTE]Yes, they are. Don't worry.

Thanks Vigilante. Any idea why they stopped advertising it? I actually have a pre order on newegg for 47.99 I could cancel if BB deal saves me more.

[quote name='CrushingMetal23']Thanks Vigilante. Any idea why they stopped advertising it? I actually have a pre order on newegg for 47.99 I could cancel if BB deal saves me more.[/QUOTE]A moderator on the BBY forums (I think) said that they were forced to only show the deal to those who are logged in as Gamers Club members or something; it's probably because Activision doesn't like deals like that being visibly advertised for a CoD game (don't ask me why, it's how they act).

[quote name='sabanoo']Is anyone else still waiting to get the $20 for Resident Evil 6? The OP says to give it up to 35 days but it's been a bit beyond that.[/QUOTE]

You should probably call them if it's been more than 30 days.

[quote name='CrushingMetal23']Thanks Vigilante. Any idea why they stopped advertising it? I actually have a pre order on newegg for 47.99 I could cancel if BB deal saves me more.[/QUOTE]

It was only ever advertised on the myrz site when logged in. Activision doesn't like deals like this attached to their games.

[quote name='Vigilante']A moderator on the BBY forums (I think) said that they were forced to only show the deal to those who are logged in as Gamers Club members or something; it's probably because Activision doesn't like deals like that being visibly advertised for a CoD game (don't ask me why, it's how they act).[/QUOTE]

Makes sense. Thanks again!

I preordered BLOPS 2...then the receipt printer decided to shred up the receipt. He printed out another, but now it says "Duplicate Receipt." There won't be any problems picking the gmae up, right?

[quote name='GreyFoxx2002']Anybody do the Halo 4 dell $20 gift card match in store?[/QUOTE]

Why would you need to? It was part of this deal, I doubt they'd do it now.

[quote name='Zolor23']I preordered BLOPS 2...then the receipt printer decided to shred up the receipt. He printed out another, but now it says "Duplicate Receipt." There won't be any problems picking the gmae up, right?[/QUOTE]

No. This is the same process that happens if you ever misplace your preorder receipt and you go to pick up the game. They print out a dupe receipt and then fill the preorder. You're good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back