Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone above stated that all the pre-order bonuses were included inside the game casing. Is the dog tags inside as well, or just the Nuke Town DLC code?

[quote name='InvaderZim']Doors opened at 9pm. Prizes were at 9:45. The lines to prepay started at 10:00 so people could get the game and head home at midnight.

You missed it...[/QUOTE]
This was not true for all best buys, the one I went to didn't open until 12:00. We all had to wait outside.

[quote name='Borellius']Did i miss something about midnight releases? So here is my story, went to best buy sat. see if i could pre-order the game so i can get the $20 cert. guy says no go. But that i could go at midnight to buy it , and it would be like a party and giving out prizes. So I say "Badass" jk.

Well i get out of work early and get to BB at 1140 and see a line outside. I'm all excited because i've never been to a midnight release and never won any prizes or played for some so i thought it would be a cool experience. Wait in line for 5 min and see around 4 or 5 people walk out of the store and they have posters and stuff and hear one guy say he won a gift card.

At this point i'm like WTF. I thought it started at midnight. SO midnight rolls around and nada. Just get in line, get the game, and out i went. :cry: i didn't even get the poster, but i was too tired to tell them about it. My wife wanted me to come home and get food on the way.

I know i saw the fliers correctly and while i was waiting in line i they still had them up , it clearly states join us at midnight for a free for all and win prizes. Lying bastards. Well, anyways i got the game no biggie just wont do a midnight anything again. Although my wife did want me to play since i haven't been playing in a while and she was giving me a hard time about buying it, she even fixed up the bed room so i could play comfortably. ;)

P.S. Curse you Adult Manga, now i have an oyster in my pants.[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered Halo 4 online the day before Halo 4 was released and got the bonus certificate. I'd call 1-800-Best-Buy and tell them your story them you bought it at Midnight and when you wanted to pre-order on Saturday you were declined. They'd probably send you a $20 gift card.

How many of y'all are getting Far Cry 3?

I suppose ill get it since its the last $20 promo game this year.

I enjoyed the concept of 2, despite its errors. Hope this one is the same, just more improved. I just wish they'd say more about the single player... Only thing I've been seeing is MP previews and articles. I could give a rat's ass about the multiplayer in a game like this..

[quote name='jcp42877']How many of y'all are getting Far Cry 3?

I suppose ill get it since its the last $20 promo game this year.

I enjoyed the concept of 2, despite its errors. Hope this one is the same, just more improved. I just wish they'd say more about the single player... Only thing I've been seeing is MP previews and articles. I could give a rat's ass about the multiplayer in a game like this..[/QUOTE]I already have it preordered, primarily for three reasons:

1. The $20 certificate. :dunce:
2. What I've seen of the single-player looks really good.
3. It's an Ubisoft game, so the price will (hopefully) drop like a rock within 60 days.

I just got back from Best Buy picking up my Black Ops II pre-order, and there was no dog tags. When I asked the girl who checked me out about them, she said she had no idea even though the girl standing next to her asked her if she remember them having a kiosh out before advertising about the pre-order with dog tags hanging on them but the kiosh is gone now. So was the store supposed to give one to me when I pickup my pre-order, or am I just out of luck. No big deal really. I'm just a bit disappointed, because the bonus was the reason why I chose to pre-order from Best Buy and not anywhere else really.

[quote name='Investor']Someone above stated that all the pre-order bonuses were included inside the game casing. Is the dog tags inside as well, or just the Nuke Town DLC code?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brother Daz']Just nuketown[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Investor']I just got back from Best Buy picking up my Black Ops II pre-order, and there was no dog tags. When I asked the girl who checked me out about them, she said she had no idea even though the girl standing next to her asked her if she remember them having a kiosh out before advertising about the pre-order with dog tags hanging on them but the kiosh is gone now. So was the store supposed to give one to me when I pickup my pre-order, or am I just out of luck. No big deal really. I'm just a bit disappointed, because the bonus was the reason why I chose to pre-order from Best Buy and not anywhere else really.[/QUOTE]
you are sol, the dog tags were a limited time/ while supplies last preorder bonus/swag

[quote name='Vigilante']I already have it preordered, primarily for three reasons:

1. The $20 certificate. :dunce:
2. What I've seen of the single-player looks really good.
3. It's an Ubisoft game, so the price will (hopefully) drop like a rock within 60 days.[/QUOTE]
lol, it sure was not that case for ghost recon future soldier.

outta curiosity, am I sol when it comes to the twenty dollar RZ because the guy didn't scan my RZ card at checkout, or will I have to call to get that fixed?

Can you return a game to a different BBY than where you got it from? My case was cracked to hell inside of my copy (no idea how..).

I have a work baseball game in another county tonight though and was gonna go to the Best Buy that's closer to the field on my way there.

Will they do the exchange even though it was from a different store? I'm aware returns don't matter regardless of store, but I've never tried an exchange at a diff one.

[quote name='jcp42877']Will they do the exchange even though it was from a different store? I'm aware returns don't matter regardless of store, but I've never tried an exchange at a diff one.[/QUOTE]

You answered your question. Returns/exchanges are the same. Unless the store is out of stock, you can go to any BB.

[quote name='Evt']outta curiosity, am I sol when it comes to the twenty dollar RZ because the guy didn't scan my RZ card at checkout, or will I have to call to get that fixed?[/QUOTE]

Happened to me with AC3 but I had it scanned when I made a preorder and the points went into my account the same day I picked it up.

Well I just got back from BBY and I was able to PM my Borderlands 2, Dishonored and Halo 4 to $49.99. Now hopefully I won't be seeing a -3000 on my RZ account. Has not happened yet but there is always a time for firsts.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I just got back from BBY and I was able to PM my Borderlands 2, Dishonored and Halo 4 to $49.99. Now hopefully I won't be seeing a -3000 on my RZ account. Has not happened yet but there is always a time for firsts.[/QUOTE]

It depends on how they rung it up if they did a return/rebuy you might lose the points. If they just do a straight price adjustment you should be fine. It should say what they did on top of the receipt by the barcode.

[quote name='Investor']I just got back from Best Buy picking up my Black Ops II pre-order, and there was no dog tags. When I asked the girl who checked me out about them, she said she had no idea even though the girl standing next to her asked her if she remember them having a kiosh out before advertising about the pre-order with dog tags hanging on them but the kiosh is gone now. So was the store supposed to give one to me when I pickup my pre-order, or am I just out of luck. No big deal really. I'm just a bit disappointed, because the bonus was the reason why I chose to pre-order from Best Buy and not anywhere else really.[/QUOTE]

The dog tags were back in March or April. I doubt they lasted long at all, if you want you can buy the $5 tags and the proceeds go to helping find jobs for veterans. They are much nicer quality. I missed the dog tags because I knew a version other than standard would be released and didn't want to preorder standard.

[quote name='mrclutch']Anyone had luck pricematching the 10 bucks off from Toys R us yet for Blops?[/QUOTE]

i was successful in getting the hardened pmd $10 off. Also picked up the live sub for $40 w/ the 800 free msp points

[quote name='jdb230']i was successful in getting the hardened pmd $10 off. Also picked up the live sub for $40 w/ the 800 free msp points[/QUOTE]

Soooo...why have there been no deals similar to this, but with PSN Plus and PSN points for us Playstation 3 owners???

Hmm...seems a bit prejudiced.

[quote name='mrclutch']Anyone had luck pricematching the 10 bucks off from Toys R us yet for Blops?[/QUOTE]

I was unsuccessful. The girl told me that Toys R Us doesn't apply that deal for new releases. I told her it doesn't say that in the ad and to please call them. She did and they said that it indeed doesn't apply for new releases. I don't know if the person she talked to didn't know what they were talking about or if that is actually how it works (I would have definitely fought it if I was at TRU since the ad says ALL games 59.99 and above), but what're you gonna do? Was able to $10 back on Halo 4, so it wasn't a total loss.

[quote name='AJVtony831']Called BB and was able to get Halo 4 and CoD: BO 2 price matched to 49.99. It was easy and pain-free.[/QUOTE]

Is this from TRU? Do you just call their customer service and tell them you want to price match?

On another note, I just got the certificate for Assassin's Creed, a bit early, but you won't hear me complaining. BF, here I come!

Again, my best buy will not be price matching toys r us. This time they clarified that unless its just a straight price listed in the ad they won't price match. Seemed like a pretty straight forward promotion to price match but no go. Seems retailers can pretty easily maneuver around best buys price match policy.

Edit: Just called best buy CS and they have also confirmed that they can't price match it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jcp42877']Soooo...why have there been no deals similar to this, but with PSN Plus and PSN points for us Playstation 3 owners???

Hmm...seems a bit prejudiced.[/QUOTE]

Complain to Sony. Someone has to fund the deals.

[quote name='dominator']Is this from TRU? Do you just call their customer service and tell them you want to price match?
[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. Just got off the phone successfully PMing both Halo 4 and BLOPS 2 for $49.99. I was a bit nervous because I only mentioned that they were $49.99 without the current TRU promotion of $10 off $59.99 titles but all went smoothly.

Got COD BlOps2 today for $50 with the TRU PM. I didn't want the Hardened edition I had preorder and the guy behind the counter was like "The second you cancel this, I have to put it out on the floor. It won't last. You're sure that you're sure, right?" Haha. Good conversation.

That makes every game I got as a part of this deal $50. Add in the cert to their price and I got them all day 1 for $30. So cool.

[quote name='Sway']Pretty much. Just got off the phone successfully PMing both Halo 4 and BLOPS 2 for $49.99. I was a bit nervous because I only mentioned that they were $49.99 without the current TRU promotion of $10 off $59.99 titles but all went smoothly.[/QUOTE]

Why didn't you PM the $30 off two?

[quote name='donbaloo']Again, my best buy will not be price matching toys r us. This time they clarified that unless its just a straight price listed in the ad they won't price match. Seemed like a pretty straight forward promotion to price match but no go. Seems retailers can pretty easily maneuver around best buys price match policy.

Edit: Just called best buy CS and they have also confirmed that they can't price match it.[/QUOTE]
Same thing happened at my best buy. Both a manager in the electronics dept and csr confirmed that they couldn't pm the tru deal because it was a promotional bundle. If it was a sale for a specific title, then they could pm it. One of the gaming guys I know was cool with the pm but he had to get approval. When I saw the one and only "Danny downer" manager come by who loves shooting down pms, I knew it would be rejected. Well I just drove down to the nearby tru and got the deal for halo 4 and blops 2.

[quote name='Zolor23']Why didn't you PM the $30 off two?[/QUOTE]

advanced is correct. I bought the games on separate orders. I just didn't get around to PMing Halo 4 till now. I'm 4/4 on PMing over the phone so I'm satisfied for getting new games for $50 + $20 RZ credit.

[quote name='dudejeff22']So is it confirmed that your RZ point balance can go negative?[/QUOTE]

Yes. If you want to return the game, just trade it in and take the hit. With the deal, you still make out even or ahead anyway.

[quote name='dudejeff22']So is it confirmed that your RZ point balance can go negative?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Are you trying to get the points and then return the game? If so, hope you get banned from here and Best Buy.

If that's the case then why do they bother making you wait 30 days? That doesn't make any sense. I was under the impression that the 30 day waiting game was to compensate for returns. If they can just take points away then why do we have to wait to get our points?

[quote name='dudejeff22']If that's the case then why do they bother making you wait 30 days? That doesn't make any sense. I was under the impression that the 30 day waiting game was to compensate for returns. If they can just take points away then why do we have to wait to get our points?[/QUOTE]

Because idiots will find a way to abuse it.

I used my $20 reward cert to preorder blops 2, so my recepit shows a total of $43.xx. Will I still be able to price match to $50 tru deal if my receipt states that I never paid that much in the first place? Anybody had success pming after they had used a reward cert on the original transaction? Thanks.

[quote name='TartacustheGr8']Could I techinically "pre-order" black ops today and still get the $20?[/QUOTE]

Technically? No. Any other way? No. The game is out, nothing to "pre-order" now.

I went in with my halo 4 receipt and they pm'd the $30 off for buying two when I bought black ops 2. They didnt want to mess around with applying two $15 price matches so just deducted $30 off the black ops sale. The thing is they made no adjustments to my halo receipt leaving it open to be price matched again if I was feeling like being a jerk. The way I got the adjustment was to go in with halo 4 and black ops 2 on the toys r us checkout screen on my phone where it showed a $30 discount on one of the games for buying them together. If you have not tried yet it is worth a shot for sure.

Spoke with customer service rep since I placed my order online and they are crediting my card back $11.00 for toys r us price match :bouncy:

I was able to PM Borderlands 2 and got $10.88 back, but I noticed it says "Exchange" on the top of the receipt I got and not "Price Match". Hope this doesn't mess with my account, we'll see I guess.

I had no problems PMing Amazon's $49.99 price for :ps3: Borderlands 2 yesterday (which is still there BTW) and getting $10.60 back; I went with Amazon because I figured it'd be easier than PMing TRU's deal, though I had the TRU ad in my back pocket as a backup. ;)

A PM heads-up to those who picked up RE6 through this promotion: I haven't had a chance to post the thread yet (I'll do so tonight unless someone beats me to the punch), but Gamestop's next weekly ad (starting tomorrow and lasting through 11/20) features RE6 for $39.99, the lowest it's been so far.

[quote name='GarrettKapman']I used my $20 reward cert to preorder blops 2, so my recepit shows a total of $43.xx. Will I still be able to price match to $50 tru deal if my receipt states that I never paid that much in the first place? Anybody had success pming after they had used a reward cert on the original transaction? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
I think you have to wait for it to drop below $43.xx now. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

[quote name='Evolved']I think you have to wait for it to drop below $43.xx now. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]
If the purchase was in-store, he would have a much better chance and I have done this. It's not in the realm of impossible.
Don't know about over the phone.

[quote name='Evolved']I think you have to wait for it to drop below $43.xx now. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TooPoor']If the purchase was in-store, he would have a much better chance and I have done this. It's not in the realm of impossible.
Don't know about over the phone.[/QUOTE]From what I've been told, as long as you mention that you used a RZ certificate to lower the item's original price and the value of the certificate, you should still be able to price-match and get the difference back.

[quote name='Vigilante']
A PM heads-up to those who picked up RE6 through this promotion: I haven't had a chance to post the thread yet (I'll do so tonight unless someone beats me to the punch), but Gamestop's next weekly ad (starting tomorrow and lasting through 11/20) features RE6 for $39.99, the lowest it's been so far.[/QUOTE]

Excellent, I'll grab another $10.xx refund tomorrow once the ad hits. Thanks!

With Best Buy's new internet price-matching in place, will they price match my Dishonored which is 44.99 online at Overstock.com? (I'm silver and I ordered through Best Buy online.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back