Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Havokscry']I did the same thing. Strange that Best Buy Canada has the Flutterby dlc and 800 reward zone points listed, but the U.S. site has no pre-order bonuses listed.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='YBX87']i read some where people are reporting, the ni no kuni preorder dlc offer only shows up, when you preorder it in bestbuy store[/QUOTE]

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming...terby-DLC-quot-Pre-order-Bonus-be/td-p/651776

Just found this. I'm getting on the hype train a little late for this game, but I was able to get a preorder with in-store pickup tomorrow at my local using a free $5 cert and a $10 coupon from a cancelled BF order.

So I'll either get the DLC in the box, on my receipt, an email or I'll get it from the forums.

[quote name='dc delta90']Need to go in store. And the only option on renewing going forward will be the digital version of @Gamer. You won't be able to go to www.atgamermagazine.com any longer to switch to print. Digital only going forward.

There will be benefits to being a digital subscriber. Starting in March, digital subscribers will get TWO coupon codes per offer in each issue. One that will work in store and one that will work online. Only digital subscribers will get the online promo code, so that's an advantage right there. And no more waiting for the print mag to show up in the mail. It will be in your inbox as the issue goes live which is usually the first Sunday of the month.

I recommend going to the RZ site, www.myrz.com, not logging in and then printing the coupon off the RZGC benefits page. It gives you the thing the store employee will scan to sell you the Unlocked Membership. JUST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THEM CAPTURE YOUR CURRENT RZ NUMBER AT THIS POINT.

Also, make sure they have your most current and correct email address as this is where your issue and coupons will be emailed each issue.

Understand that some people really like print magazines. I'm one of them. That being said there is still a TON of value to being an Unlocked Member. @Gamer is just one part of that and you'll still get it. Will just need to use the PC, iPad or Android tablet for the content.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information. Disappointed to hear about digital-only after renewal, so hopefully the additional coupons make up for it.

So the Mag is going to be purely digital from now on? Guess that's a good way to prevent coupon theft/fraud. Bummer though, I liked reading it in the bathroom like I do with GI. Don't want to take my Touchpad, which I know won't be supported anyway. Bum-city over here.

does anyone know if you pre-order the GOW Ascension game if you also get the pre-order 'Mythological Heroes Multiplayer Pack' that all other places are offering?

[quote name='dc delta90']You can still do preorders of CE/SE's in-store as long as there are enough copies allocated to cover the demand. Metal Gear was one that was an online only preorder but just about every other CE/SE is still available through the touchscreen in the store. Just go on there and search for it. If it isn't on there, that means there are no additional store units available for that title.[/QUOTE]All you need is the pre-order SKU & you can have a store rep print it & order it in-store. The $5 down is the main issue since some reps don't know how to manually adjust the price. Worse case you'll have to pay for it all upfront. It also helps if you don't wait to the last minute either.

My suggestion to all going forward is to adopt the GS pre-order strategy pre- order any title you'll have ANY interest in NO MATTER WHAT.
1- Do all the pre-orders on 1 receipt & USE A GIFTCARD(keep the Giftcard).
2- Don't worry about getting the $5 back right away just buy the games.
3- Once all the $20 RZ have posted take the receipt/GC back in & get a full refund.

Now if there's a game that you weren't all in for but the weely ad for another store leaks on Weds/Fri of the release week you won't have to kick yourself for not having the pre-order in place to better the pm'd sale. Doing it this way also protect you if you want to do in-store p/u or shipping if your store isn't good w/pm'ing.

[quote name='joogle']does anyone know if you pre-order the GOW Ascension game if you also get the pre-order 'Mythological Heroes Multiplayer Pack' that all other places are offering?[/QUOTE]

I was told that they had the same pre-order bonus that everyone else is offering and as of last Tuesday there were not any other bonuses that my associate knew about.

[quote name='advanced']So the Mag is going to be purely digital from now on? Guess that's a good way to prevent coupon theft/fraud. Bummer though, I liked reading it in the bathroom like I do with GI. Don't want to take my Touchpad, which I know won't be supported anyway. Bum-city over here.[/QUOTE]

regarding ni no kuni, you should always ask the associate in store, when you pick up the game about the dlc. Other wise , they will most likely forgot to put it on your receipt

I'll preorder Bioshock and GTA5.

I want to play just about every game on that list, but I think I can wait to play most until they are under $40.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So those getting Dead Space 3 might want to read this.

http://www.destructoid.com/dead-space-3-crafting-system-includes-microtransactions-242874.phtml

Personally I say fuck that. It may be optional and it may not change the game but it is just another step EA is taking to dismantle the traditional full game model of making video games.[/QUOTE]

No it's nothing, no different than sports games like tiger woods where you can pay real world money to Mac out your character

It's like the item purchases in ME3 multiplayer. Absolutely no reason to pay attention to them if you just want to play the game normally. I don't see the problem here.

But it's a trend that does not bode well, for example, DLC endings in the future, or some form of significantly incomplete game inexperiences when you "only" spend $59.99.

[quote name='TooPoor']But it's a trend that does not bode well, for example, DLC endings in the future, or some form of significantly incomplete game inexperiences when you "only" spend $59.99.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that right now games are the cheapest they've ever been yet take the most resources to develop...right? That inequality can only last for so long. DLC/online passes/CEs are how they can regain that lost ground without raising game prices outright.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']No it's nothing, no different than sports games like tiger woods where you can pay real world money to Mac out your character[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ryuukishi']It's like the item purchases in ME3 multiplayer. Absolutely no reason to pay attention to them if you just want to play the game normally. I don't see the problem here.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. It's only as big a deal as you make it. I'd rather use my incredible powers of discernment to ignore this feature and support a developer who makes something other than a modern military shooter with perks.

[quote name='panda911']Agreed. It's only as big a deal as you make it. I'd rather use my incredible powers of discernment to ignore this feature and support a developer who makes something other than a modern military shooter with perks.[/QUOTE]

Yes because that is the majority of the games made today. "Military Shooter" is not as big as you think. It just has the 800 lb Gorilla so it stands out.

Look at the list above. Not one classic Military shooter on it.

Price-Match Opportunity for Far Cry 3 (Premier Silver members):

Amazon has FC3 on sale for $34.99 today only, so if you're interested in getting back a few more dollars, I'd give it a shot. I stopped by my store and was able to get another $5.30 back without issue.

So The Last of US has 2 Collector's Editions.

The Survivor Edition $79.99

1. Full Size 170 Page Hardcover Artbook by Dark Horse
2. Steelbook Edition
3. American dreams #1 Comic
4. Sights and Sounds DLC Pack
5. Stickers!

The Post-Pandemic Edition $159.99 (Holy Shit) only at GAMESTOP and they "say" it will be very limited

1. 12" Premium Statue of by Project Triforce ($199.99 MSRP they say)
2. Steelbook Edition
3. American dreams #1 Comic
4. Survival DLC Pack
5. Sights and Sounds DLC Pack
6. Stickers!

Personally I am considering the Survival Pack because the Artbook and Steelbook are appealing to me for the extra $20. Now to see if BBY gets it up (currently not on the site yet).

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013...vival-edition-post-pandemic-edition-revealed/

Count me in for the Survival Edition...once BBY has a page for it.

As a reminder, you won't be able to preorder that edition in-store without some finagling (giving the cashier the SKU once it's online and possibly paying the entire balance as a preorder).

Why doesn't the Post-Pandemic edition include the art book? For $80 more , you lose the art book, but gain a 12 inch statue? I don't think it's worth that price, but that is just my opinion.

[quote name='Vigilante']Price-Match Opportunity for Far Cry 3 (Premier Silver members):

Amazon has FC3 on sale for $34.99 today only, so if you're interested in getting back a few more dollars, I'd give it a shot. I stopped by my store and was able to get another $5.30 back without issue.[/QUOTE]

The holiday return period lasts until the 24th so this pm is available to everyone. Let's hope cs is competent today.

I may buy both because it's my game of the year also I hope the steelbooks are different

[quote name='panda911']The holiday return period lasts until the 24th so this pm is available to everyone. Let's hope cs is competent today.[/QUOTE]

A competent csr would deny the match. Price matching an online retailer is at time of purchase only, not during the return window.

Nice I'm gonna get the Survival pack. With 3 games in March, paid with a gift card, I'll be able to get it for 20+ tax out of pocket. I hope to wait on the other for the eventually clearance sale and pick it up for cheap.

[quote name='MetalSlugger']You do realize that right now games are the cheapest they've ever been yet take the most resources to develop...right? That inequality can only last for so long. DLC/online passes/CEs are how they can regain that lost ground without raising game prices outright.[/QUOTE]

The thing you forget though is games are selling a lot more, no longer is great to sell 10,000-20,000 copies but even crappier non AAA games are selling 200,000-300,000 copies. Then you have your big bugdet blockbusters selling millions of copies and make a lot more then they cost to produce.

[quote name='chelosera91']Im a Best Buy Rewards Rewards Zone member so how I can become Gamers Club Unlocked?[/QUOTE]

Just go up to the register and tell them you want to be a Gamers Club Unlocked member. Then pay the 14.99 fee and then you're done.

[quote name='YBX87']regarding ni no kuni, you should always ask the associate in store, when you pick up the game about the dlc. Other wise , they will most likely forgot to put it on your receipt[/QUOTE]

Got an email for the in-store pickup this morning, but thanks for the tip. Will do for my next in-store preorder/purchase.

[quote name='Kyden139']A competent csr would deny the match. Price matching an online retailer is at time of purchase only, not during the return window.[/QUOTE]

Ummm what? Last year I PM'd 8 games to Amazon alone within my BB Silver 60 day PM window after purchase. I PM'd numerous other games to online prices from stores like Target, Toys r Us, Kmart, ect as well.

[quote name='Kyden139']A competent csr would deny the match. Price matching an online retailer is at time of purchase only, not during the return window.[/QUOTE]

You don't know much their PM do you? You can PM anything at any point in time during your PM window.

I've never heard of that interpretation. Even if that was the case, I'd just pm another copy and then immediately return that copy with the old receipt. The only difference is that we've wasted everybody's time to get the same result. In fact, this would restart the 60 day pm period, so BBY would potentially be giving more money back down the line. See why that's silly?

I would like to hear any of your opinions about my dilemma:

I have a pretty serious back-log right now and I would prefer for it not to grow anymore. The thing is though, I'm REALLY tempted to get both the God of War Ascension Collector's Edition ($80 I believe) and The Last of Us Collector's Edition ($80) but I would rather wait until they are a cheaper price. My question is: do you guys this these special editions will end up being rare and that the best idea would be for me to get them during this promotional deal or do you guys think that this will kind of be like the Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition where it will be around $30 within a year? Any opinions would be GREATLY appreciated!

[quote name='Deman93']I would like to hear any of your opinions about my dilemma:

I have a pretty serious back-log right now and I would prefer for it not to grow anymore. The thing is though, I'm REALLY tempted to get both the God of War Ascension Collector's Edition ($80 I believe) and The Last of Us Collector's Edition ($80) but I would rather wait until they are a cheaper price. My question is: do you guys this these special editions will end up being rare and that the best idea would be for me to get them during this promotional deal or do you guys think that this will kind of be like the Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition where it will be around $30 within a year? Any opinions would be GREATLY appreciated![/QUOTE]
you do realize even if the collectors edition does drop to $30, there is no guarantee you will actually able to get in on the deal. Especially once the deals gets on cag forum, you will have people buying multiples for profit.

[quote name='Deman93']I would like to hear any of your opinions about my dilemma:

I have a pretty serious back-log right now and I would prefer for it not to grow anymore. The thing is though, I'm REALLY tempted to get both the God of War Ascension Collector's Edition ($80 I believe) and The Last of Us Collector's Edition ($80) but I would rather wait until they are a cheaper price. My question is: do you guys this these special editions will end up being rare and that the best idea would be for me to get them during this promotional deal or do you guys think that this will kind of be like the Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition where it will be around $30 within a year? Any opinions would be GREATLY appreciated![/QUOTE]
I can't remember the last time Sony made a rare SE/CE... Maybe that should answer your dilemma.

you do realize even if the collectors edition does drop to $30, there is no guarantee you will actually able to get in on the deal. Especially once the deals gets on cag forum, you will have people buying multiples for profit. Basically once it drops to that price of $30, it will be hard to find

[quote name='Hoffer']I'll preorder Bioshock and GTA5.

I want to play just about every game on that list, but I think I can wait to play most until they are under $40.[/QUOTE]We all agree with your position...in theory but since the sale price you'll wait for will still be available w/i the 30-60 pm window it still makes more sense to get the game day 1 with the $20 credit, retaining the ability to trade/sell it after completion when demand/TIV is still at it's highest. At this point most vets in this thread probably aren't even paying out of pocket anyways so the decision is even easier but we all started at some point. Ride the $20 credit train now & stack up RZ pts/GC pts & use the points to fully pay off all the fall $20 pre-order titles & spend no money outta pocket.

[quote name='FTLAUDMAN']Does Best Buy not offer these deals for the PC versions of these games? I'm new to PC gaming...[/QUOTE]I've been trying to get the PC gamers to speak up so they can be included in all the GCU deals but at this point only 17 have spoken up you can vote here though, hopefully there's 20-25 other PC gamers that will show support & get the ball rolling.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Past-Due-Show-Love-for-PC-Gamers/idi-p/528964

[quote name='nintendofan9999']Just go up to the register and tell them you want to be a Gamers Club Unlocked member. Then pay the 14.99 fee and then you're done.[/QUOTE]Don't forget to have them scan the barcode from the GCU booklet along with the mag in-store which will ring up free if done this way.

[quote name='shady520']The thing you forget though is games are selling a lot more, no longer is great to sell 10,000-20,000 copies but even crappier non AAA games are selling 200,000-300,000 copies. Then you have your big bugdet blockbusters selling millions of copies and make a lot more then they cost to produce.[/QUOTE]

Right, but the profit decline is outpacingsales, and sales are down too: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...unch_couldnt_stop_Novembers_steep_decline.php

[quote name='Mako1215']You don't know much their PM do you? You can PM anything at any point in time during your PM window.[/QUOTE]

Apparently I know more than you (hint, try reading the policy before making statements). From their price match policy:

Is Best Buy currently running any tests or promotions under the Price Match Guarantee?
Yes. Best Buy is currently running a Low Price Guarantee this holiday season. Look for the Low Price Guarantee badge next to qualifying products on BestBuy.com.

Appliance and electronics hardware products available in both Best Buy stores and BestBuy.com qualify for the Low Price Guarantee. For these products Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price from Designated Major Online Retailers and at local retail competitor's store.

Most products only available from Best Buy at BestBuy.com ("Online Only Products") qualify for the Low Price Guarantee. For these products Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price from Designated Major Online Retailers and at local retail competitor's store. Online Only Products are products with the designation "Online only" or state "From our Expanded Online Assortment" on the product description page. Online Only music, movies, games, mobile phones, digital downloads, pre-order, and refurbished products and products from Marketplace vendors on BestBuy.com do not qualify for the Low Price Guarantee.

For the above promotions, the Designated Major Online Retailers are: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, CircuitCity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com, and Walmart.com.

Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles.

Best Buy will not price match during the return and exchange period. Best Buy will not price match the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on Designated Major Online Retailers websites. Not valid on purchases at Best Buy Mobile stores or on Best Buy For Business purchases.

Customers can receive a price match on the above promotions by providing information about a competitor's price either with a Best Buy employee in our Stores or by calling 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify pricing to complete the price match.

Valid for purchases made between October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - January 31, 2013. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply.

Granted, few csrs will probably know this. Just saying, pm'ing Amazon isn't a gimmie.

[quote name='advanced']So the Mag is going to be purely digital from now on? Guess that's a good way to prevent coupon theft/fraud. Bummer though, I liked reading it in the bathroom like I do with GI. Don't want to take my Touchpad, which I know won't be supported anyway. Bum-city over here.[/QUOTE]

I know. I'm a print magazine kind of guy too, when I have the option. At this point, anyone who has a print subscription will continue to get the print version until your current subscription/membership expires. Any renewals or new signups starting in January will be digital.

@Gamer/Unlocked Membership benefits will continue to evolve. Think you will start to see a lot more offers coming directly to members than you have seen even in the past year.

Seems like this $20 offer is going to be the best way to get the best titles that are coming out in the first half of 2013.

Anybody interested in seeing this continue for the back half of 2013?

[quote name='dc delta90']I know. I'm a print magazine kind of guy too, when I have the option. At this point, anyone who has a print subscription will continue to get the print version until your current subscription/membership expires. Any renewals or new signups starting in January will be digital.

@Gamer/Unlocked Membership benefits will continue to evolve. Think you will start to see a lot more offers coming directly to members than you have seen even in the past year.

Seems like this $20 offer is going to be the best way to get the best titles that are coming out in the first half of 2013.

Anybody interested in seeing this continue for the back half of 2013?[/QUOTE]

that all depends on the financial situation of bestbuy, whether they stay around for that long ,lol

[quote name='YBX87']that all depends on the financial situation of bestbuy, whether they stay around for that long ,lol[/QUOTE]

It also depends on what games are coming out this fall. Other than the yearly Call of Duty and Assassins Creed (which technically haven't been announced yet) I haven't heard of any big releases coming out beyond June/July.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']It also depends on what games are coming out this fall. Other than the yearly Call of Duty and Assassins Creed (which technically haven't been announced yet) I haven't heard of any big releases coming out beyond June/July.[/QUOTE]

Battlefield 4 as well. I'm assuming everything else will be next-gen and announced at E3.

I enjoyed the Dead Space 3 demo, but still haven't played 1&2. Does any digital copies come with Dead Space 3 like Crysis 3 is doing with the original?

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']I enjoyed the Dead Space 3 demo, but still haven't played 1&2. Does any digital copies come with Dead Space 3 like Crysis 3 is doing with the original?[/QUOTE]

I do not think so. I am in the same boat. I have not played 1 or 2 (sitting on my shelf) so I am just going to hold out on it. I will be getting Crysis 3 though since I already played the 1st 2. I am going to be a lot more conservative this spring with games. I can wait out a lot of them on this list with only Bioshock, The Last of US, Tomb Raider and GTA V other must buys for me. Well I guess 5 out of 12 is still a few games but I could easily buy 10 on the list.

Just a quick question... How many here are going to get Gears? Im on the fence. The trailer from yesterday made it look great and the fact that it comes with gears 1 is also nice, but on the downside it looks exactly like gears 3.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I do not think so. I am in the same boat. I have not played 1 or 2 (sitting on my shelf) so I am just going to hold out on it. I will be getting Crysis 3 though since I already played the 1st 2. I am going to be a lot more conservative this spring with games. I can wait out a lot of them on this list with only Bioshock, The Last of US, Tomb Raider and GTA V other must buys for me. Well I guess 5 out of 12 is still a few games but I could easily buy 10 on the list.[/QUOTE]
The only game I'm reserving in February will be MGRising, and Crysis 3. I told myself I wouldn't buy another Crytek game day 1 from the crappy after release support on Crysis 2 but the pre-order bonuses are pretty good and I want to see how the trilogy ends.

I'm still on the fence on Dead Space 3 since I know it will drop in price for a PM later on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back