Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Royal High Knight']Just a quick question... How many here are going to get Gears? Im on the fence. The trailer from yesterday made it look great and the fact that it comes with gears 1 is also nice, but on the downside it looks exactly like gears 3.[/QUOTE]

I'd say grab it. I'd expect it to go on sale within the pm period so that's a plus. Overrun mode also looks great if it works correctly.

[quote name='htz']The only game I'm reserving in February will be MGRising, and Crysis 3. I told myself I wouldn't buy another Crytek game day 1 from the crappy after release support on Crysis 2 but the pre-order bonuses are pretty good and I want to see how the trilogy ends.

I'm still on the fence on Dead Space 3 since I know it will drop in price for a PM later on...[/QUOTE]

Im planning on buying it and im going to return it if the tiv isnt high enough and/or thrre is no price drop

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']I enjoyed the Dead Space 3 demo, but still haven't played 1&2. Does any digital copies come with Dead Space 3 like Crysis 3 is doing with the original?[/QUOTE]

I also haven't heard anything about this, but I will say that the Dead Space series is freaking great. You should get/play the first two and the third will probably be on sale by then. The story isn't super complicated or anything, but it would be better to play them in order (I prefer the first one to the 2nd despite them making a lot of improvements).

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Just a quick question... How many here are going to get Gears? Im on the fence. The trailer from yesterday made it look great and the fact that it comes with gears 1 is also nice, but on the downside it looks exactly like gears 3.[/QUOTE]

Hell yes. Otherwise my Xbox would be utterly useless to me. The texture models look more polished and pop out even more than in Gears 3.

The sawed off shotgun has 2 bullets per clip now though wtf epic. That noob gun annoys me to no end. Just makes the noobs more nooby. Freakin great.

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the last day to do any pming if you bought games from 11-4 through 12-24. I pm'd Halo 4 today on the phone as it's on sale for $39.99 this week. ^_^

This is off topic, but it's a question for anyone using the pitch in card. Have any of you guys been having problems loading it lately? Whenever I press to contribute to my card it just goes to a blank page without putting it in my cart.

So that South Park game might be getting majorly delayed and I wouldn't be surprised if it was eventually dropped from this promo.

[quote name='panda911']So that South Park game might be getting majorly delayed and I wouldn't be surprised if it was eventually dropped from this promo.[/QUOTE]

Ubisoft picked it up so I think we are good. I doubt it gets pushed back much farther. You'd think the game was done by now and they are just fixing bugs and game testing the shit out of it.

[quote name='YellowGameboyColor']Does this work on Collector's Editions? Sorry if it's been asked, haven't really read the thread. I want to do it for TLOU[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's been confirmed via Best Buy's forum.:cool:

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']I enjoyed the Dead Space 3 demo, but still haven't played 1&2. Does any digital copies come with Dead Space 3 like Crysis 3 is doing with the original?[/QUOTE]

I too enjoyed the demo, but haven't played 1 or 2 yet myself. I was thinking of preordering DS3 or Tomb Raider, but decided to go with Tomb Raider. So from this promo I'm preordering Metal Gear, Tomb Raider, God of War, Gears, GTA:V, and Last of Us. I'll wait for price drops on Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, Dead Island: Riptide, and Bioshock.

Dead Space 1&2 are two of the best games this gen. I just finished replaying them both in anticipation of 3, and they are every bit as good now as they were when they first came out. Definitely play them before picking up 3, there's no reason not to! :)

[quote name='argyle']Dead Space 1&2 are two of the best games this gen. I just finished replaying them both in anticipation of 3, and they are every bit as good now as they were when they first came out. Definitely play them before picking up 3, there's no reason not to! :)[/QUOTE]
This.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Ubisoft picked it up so I think we are good. I doubt it gets pushed back much farther. You'd think the game was done by now and they are just fixing bugs and game testing the shit out of it.[/QUOTE]
Ubisoft released pr that the game is scheduled to be released "calendar 2013" which sounds ominous and there's currently litigation because South Park people didn't think they should've been part of the open auction but more like the WWE license, where they negotiated a new deal with a pub.

does this works on bestbuy.com orders that will be shipped and if it does do i add it to cart and check out regularly or do i need to do something special

[quote name='finsfan0210']Ubisoft picked it up so I think we are good. I doubt it gets pushed back much farther. You'd think the game was done by now and they are just fixing bugs and game testing the shit out of it.[/QUOTE]
Ubisoft released pr that the game is scheduled to be released "calendar 2013" which sounds ominous and there's currently litigation because South Park people didn't think they should've been part of the open auction but more like the WWE license, where they negotiated a new deal with a pub.

I'm going to be pre-ordering 10 games from this promo. I figured most if not all of these games will be on sale for at least $49.99 somewhere within a 60 period. $35 day one release works for me.

[quote name='YellowGameboyColor']Okay, so I can get collector's editions. Is there a different amount I need to put down instead of just $5?[/QUOTE]
If pre-ordering in-store minimum $5 down, if pre-ordering online you have to pay in full.

[quote name='htz']If pre-ordering in-store minimum $5 down, if pre-ordering online you have to pay in full.[/QUOTE]

Incorrect. They do an authorization for on-line preorder for the full amount that recurs from time to time, but it never posts to your account until you actually pickup the game or it ships. Aren't you the same moron who claimed they were no longer carrying LEs and CEs in store? Please don't post here if you don't have accurate information.

[quote name='bojay1997']Incorrect. They do an authorization for on-line preorder for the full amount that recurs from time to time, but it never posts to your account until you actually pickup the game or it ships. Aren't you the same moron who claimed they were no longer carrying LEs and CEs in store? Please don't post here if you don't have accurate information.[/QUOTE]
I wasn't as specific in my response but I was trying to convey the same thing. When you pre-order online they put a hold on your credit card for the whole amount which I consider as paying in full. The info I passed on here earlier regarding the SEs/CEs were given to me by an associate in store which another CAG have also suggested. I still believe its true that Best Buy will no longer carry them in-store, the only way to get one in-store is to order one online for store pickup, whether through or an employee on the computer or by yourself at home.

[quote name='htz']I wasn't as specific in my response but I was trying to convey the same thing. When you pre-order online they put a hold on your credit card for the whole amount which I consider as paying in full. The info I passed on here earlier regarding the SEs/CEs were given to me by an associate in store which another CAG have also suggested. I still believe its true that Best Buy will no longer carry them in-store, the only way to get one in-store is to order one online for store pickup, whether through or an employee on the computer or by yourself at home.[/QUOTE]

The guy who corrected you is a fairly high level person at Best Buy. He doesn't post under his official title, but he has had perfect information about some very minute details on things like when points would post on certain games, what CEs they would be adding to the website, etc...If he says they are still carrying CEs in store then they are. I know personally I have ordered everything but MGS CE for store pickup and I have friends who have ordered Tomb Raider CE, Bioshock Songbird, etc... at the store kiosks. If you can no longer order, it just means that particular store is sold out of preorders. You speaking to an associate at one store and believing that is somehow fact is ridiculous.

There is a big difference between an authorization and a charge. A charge means you owe the money at the end of your billing period or you have to pay interest should you not pay it off. An authorization just checks that you have enough capacity to cover the charge but doesn't actually charge you anything.

[quote name='bojay1997']Incorrect. They do an authorization for on-line preorder for the full amount that recurs from time to time, but it never posts to your account until you actually pickup the game or it ships. Aren't you the same moron who claimed they were no longer carrying LEs and CEs in store? Please don't post here if you don't have accurate information.[/QUOTE]

If paying by Debit, Gift Card, or Paypal the money is basically gone. Your right about the pending charge going away after 7 days but they continue to recharge until the item actually ships.

[quote name='bojay1997']The guy who corrected you is a fairly high level person at Best Buy. He doesn't post under his official title, but he has had perfect information about some very minute details on things like when points would post on certain games, what CEs they would be adding to the website, etc...If he says they are still carrying CEs in store then they are. I know personally I have ordered everything but MGS CE for store pickup and I have friends who have ordered Tomb Raider CE, Bioshock Songbird, etc... at the store kiosks. If you can no longer order, it just means that particular store is sold out of preorders. You speaking to an associate at one store and believing that is somehow fact is ridiculous.

There is a big difference between an authorization and a charge. A charge means you owe the money at the end of your billing period or you have to pay interest should you not pay it off. An authorization just checks that you have enough capacity to cover the charge but doesn't actually charge you anything.[/QUOTE]
Can you tell me who the guy that corrected me, you are referring to? I probably missed it but no need to call me a moron.

[quote name='Youngnoble']If paying by Debit, Gift Card, or Paypal the money is basically gone. Your right about the pending charge going away after 7 days but they continue to recharge until the item actually ships.[/QUOTE]

Yea this pisses me off so much. I overdrafted my account because of it once.

I think you're just nitpicking on what htz was trying to say. I understood what he meant. The online charge is just a temporary authorization. I also remember reading somewhere on the BB forums that at least a specific CE or two was going to be available online only as well. Did somebody piss in your cereal or something bro?

[quote name='Donut2922']I think you're just nitpicking on what htz was trying to say. I understood what he meant. The online charge is just a temporary authorization. I also remember reading somewhere on the BB forums that at least a specific CE or two was going to be available online only as well. Did somebody piss in your cereal or something bro?[/QUOTE]

It's not nitpicking at all. There are some vendors that charge in full right away. Treehouse Brands for example. Best Buy does not charge in full, they simply do a recurring authorization and charge once the game is shipped or picked up. There is a large financial difference between the two as many people have more than adequate credit capacity to handle an authorization, but not everyone wants to pay for something in full months in advance.

Similarly, he made a claim earlier in the thread about Best Buy no longer carrying CEs in store. He was wrong about that and he was corrected in this very thread by someone in the know at Best Buy. Despite that fact, he is still spewing the same misinformation. The only CE Best Buy is not stocking in store in the coming months is MGS CE. Everything else is available for store pickup (or was until it sold out for store pickup like Songbird) and can be ordered in store as long as the store has copies still available as part of its stock allotment.

[quote name='Deader2818']my Best buy doesnt have ANY CE for pre-order at the kiosk. I dont know what the chances are that they are sold out of all of them.[/QUOTE]

Probably pretty good given that all of them were announced several months ago along with the list of games that would receive $20 certs. By the way, here is the info directly from the post by the Best Buy guy.

[quote name='dc delta90']You can still do preorders of CE/SE's in-store as long as there are enough copies allocated to cover the demand. Metal Gear was one that was an online only preorder but just about every other CE/SE is still available through the touchscreen in the store. Just go on there and search for it. If it isn't on there, that means there are no additional store units available for that title.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']It also depends on what games are coming out this fall. Other than the yearly Call of Duty and Assassins Creed (which technically haven't been announced yet) I haven't heard of any big releases coming out beyond June/July.[/QUOTE]I'll be starting a new ideax thread around E3 just like I did for batch of games. Once it's up I'll link it. I believe the success of the current $20 promos combined them being the best deals going on next gen day 1 will give BB a nice edge & us some great deals.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']I enjoyed the Dead Space 3 demo, but still haven't played 1&2. Does any digital copies come with Dead Space 3 like Crysis 3 is doing with the original?[/QUOTE]If you can pm the TRU deal for b1g1 50% that'll allow you to score both for $30 & if youre really lucky & have a PS3 getting the PS3 DS2 1st run batch will have the Wii version of dead space for free. The TIV's for them suck now so there's no backen cost reducer for the 3rd game.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I do not think so. I am in the same boat. I have not played 1 or 2 (sitting on my shelf) so I am just going to hold out on it. I will be getting Crysis 3 though since I already played the 1st 2. I am going to be a lot more conservative this spring with games. I can wait out a lot of them on this list with only Bioshock, The Last of US, Tomb Raider and GTA V other must buys for me. Well I guess 5 out of 12 is still a few games but I could easily buy 10 on the list.[/QUOTE]How did u make out on the last batch of games? Do you still have a decent amount of credit leftover? I look at the total promo as $240 credit which is basically 6 games this fall pm'd to $40 w/o tax.

Actually, now that I think about having 2 GCU & using one just to bulk credit for the PS4 would be the better move. The $240 alone would make the PS4 $160 + tax(cheaper than a black Friday PS3 LOL) day 1 if it cost $400 & if there's a decent $50-$100 GC deal the "value" of purchasing a newly released system on day for $100(value) or less can't be overlooked.

That $350 WiiU would then be $110(And I won't have to worry about getting a $50 Wii at all)...damn I think I'll do just that & get a PS4 & Wii U for hopefully less than $250 OOP.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I'm going to be pre-ordering 10 games from this promo. I figured most if not all of these games will be on sale for at least $49.99 somewhere within a 60 period. $35 day one release works for me.[/QUOTE]I think we'll see the AMZ pm'ing be a reg. going forward which now opens up so many stores that AMZ will match thus BB can match. $40 is even easier.

[quote name='Deader2818']my Best buy doesnt have ANY CE for pre-order at the kiosk. I dont know what the chances are that they are sold out of all of them.[/QUOTE]Use the pre-order SKU to try & get the store to order it direct for u. Beware though you may need to pay in full but a savvy CS game rep could do it for just the $5 pre-order by adjusting the pirce manually. YMMV & if they say the stock will be limited I'd suggest calling/coming in the store the Sunday of the release week to confirm stock & if possible have it set where the in-store P/U are with your name on it.

I have not played 1 or 2 (sitting on my shelf) so I am just going to hold out on it. I will be getting Crysis 3 though since I already played the 1st 2

What ? ?

[quote name='bojay1997']It's not nitpicking at all. There are some vendors that charge in full right away. Treehouse Brands for example. Best Buy does not charge in full, they simply do a recurring authorization and charge once the game is shipped or picked up. There is a large financial difference between the two as many people have more than adequate credit capacity to handle an authorization, but not everyone wants to pay for something in full months in advance.

Similarly, he made a claim earlier in the thread about Best Buy no longer carrying CEs in store. He was wrong about that and he was corrected in this very thread by someone in the know at Best Buy. Despite that fact, he is still spewing the same misinformation. The only CE Best Buy is not stocking in store in the coming months is MGS CE. Everything else is available for store pickup (or was until it sold out for store pickup like Songbird) and can be ordered in store as long as the store has copies still available as part of its stock allotment.[/QUOTE]

I don't necessarily disagree with your post. While the BB.com preorder doesn't charge your CC before fulfillment, the temporary authorization should still function as a hold on your available credit balance to reserve the charge when the day comes.

As for the CE, I think I may have been reading the MGS thread so maybe that was just coincidence on my part though.

I'm just siding with htz in that his original post was just distinguishing that an in-store preorder was just a $5 partial payment vs. an online preorder which wouldn't allow you to do any sort of partial deposit at all.

ノースフェイス ジャケット ノースフェイス アウトレット north face you are going to be utilizing milk inside a a lot much more nutritionally balanced way that ought to support enhance Absolutely composed subject matter, thankyou for entropy.This is the very first time I frequented your website page and up to now? I surprised with the research you made to create this particular publish extraordinary. Fantastic job!
ザノースフェイス ジャケット ニューバランス north face アウトレット above) but considering that there were no instructions these discovered their way back again in to the box. Considering that theSome truly quality posts on this internet site , saved to bookmarks .What i don't realize is if truth be told how you're now not actually a lot more smartly-appreciated than you may be right now. You are so intelligent. You understand thus significantly when it comes to this topic, produced me individually imagine it from numerous numerous angles.
ノースフェイス販売 ノースフェイス north face I'm also a specialist in this topic so I can understand your hard work.Bookmarked this web page, will come back for extra articles. You, my pal, ROCK! I found simply the info I already searched all over the place and just couldn't come across. What a perfect web site.Thanks for all of your time & work.

I called BB today to price match AC3 (paid 59.99 + tax via RZ certs & paypal) to Gamestop (39.99) -- I missed earlier opportunities to get it lower.

I had previously price matched the game to 49.99 back in November or so, so I was expecting another $10 and change today.

Rep told me that they could only refund me back around 4 dollars, since they can't refund me in RZ certs, and I had only charged $14~ to paypal, and $10 was returned already. They couldn't refund me more than I paid via that method, he said.

He told me that BB likely wouldn't issue me a giftcard for the rest of the money since it was a little amount, so there wasn't much he could do besides ask for a GC refund that'd likely be denied anyways.

I'm at work so I couldn't sit here and argue with the guy for 30 minutes, so I told him to push the GC request through and got the case # and his name.

Anyone ever have issues like this before? I understand the point that they can't refund RZ certs, but I thought it was pretty absurd that (he said) they wouldn't issue GCs with not much money on it.

[quote name='IanWoot']I called BB today to price match AC3 (paid 59.99 + tax via RZ certs & paypal) to Gamestop (39.99) -- I missed earlier opportunities to get it lower.

I had previously price matched the game to 49.99 back in November or so, so I was expecting another $10 and change today.

Rep told me that they could only refund me back around 4 dollars, since they can't refund me in RZ certs, and I had only charged $14~ to paypal, and $10 was returned already. They couldn't refund me more than I paid via that method, he said.

He told me that BB likely wouldn't issue me a giftcard for the rest of the money since it was a little amount, so there wasn't much he could do besides ask for a GC refund that'd likely be denied anyways.

I'm at work so I couldn't sit here and argue with the guy for 30 minutes, so I told him to push the GC request through and got the case # and his name.

Anyone ever have issues like this before? I understand the point that they can't refund RZ certs, but I thought it was pretty absurd that (he said) they wouldn't issue GCs with not much money on it.[/QUOTE]

When you use RZ certs, it reduces the price of the item, plus you don't pay tax in most states on the full amount, just the amount after RZ certs. It's not like a gift card or some other form of payment, it's basically like a discount that you decide to use when you want to. So, their response doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

[quote name='IanWoot']I called BB today to price match AC3 (paid 59.99 + tax via RZ certs & paypal) to Gamestop (39.99) -- I missed earlier opportunities to get it lower.

Anyone ever have issues like this before? I understand the point that they can't refund RZ certs, but I thought it was pretty absurd that (he said) they wouldn't issue GCs with not much money on it.[/QUOTE]

It's still a form of payment, but you're right that it's difficult to explain this fact and it depends on how knowledgable the rep is that you happen to get. Some reps look at the "price" you paid and don't realize you've used RZ certs. Others understand this and look at the "sale price" of the game pre any forms of payments. You can get RZ points issued back if you PM and you don't have cash or GC amounts in the item sufficient to deplete them. They'll tap into the RZ points if they have to. Not much to say except call again, lol. If the rep doesn't understand this, I doubt you'll convince them. And getting a case # is the worst thing because it'll take forever, almost certainly longer than the item would be for sale in another store, and good luck explaining ALL OF THAT when you weren't successful explaining the fact that RZ certs are a form of payment in the first place.

Do you guys know when Best Buy will put up TLOU SE up for pre-order? Is there a time table? Also I know GS requires you to put down 25 for a LE is that the same in-store for BB?(I've only ever pre-ordered Standards at BB)

[quote name='slimklp']Do you guys know when Best Buy will put up TLOU SE up for pre-order? Is there a time table? Also I know GS requires you to put down 25 for a LE is that the same in-store for BB?(I've only ever pre-ordered Standards at BB)[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered SE if Tomb Raider and Bioshock and only put down 5$ each.

I wish BB.com would allow me to pre-order for $5 and not pay in full. Who drives to the stores anyways. It's all about free shipping (to save on gas $$$).

[quote name='Methoes']I wish BB.com would allow me to pre-order for $5 and not pay in full. Who drives to the stores anyways. It's all about free shipping (to save on gas $$$).[/QUOTE]

I remember when Amazon gave out $20 GC on most of their games and had release day shipping for $1. Those were the days..

[quote name='Methoes']I wish BB.com would allow me to pre-order for $5 and not pay in full. Who drives to the stores anyways. It's all about free shipping (to save on gas $$$).[/QUOTE]
Some people have a store on the way to/from work. I live within 5 minutes of a Best Buy and there is another one within 5 minutes of my work as well.

I will be going in store to preorder some of these games soon.

Just another idiosyncrasy of dealing with BBY and their horrid phone cs. I'd recommend posting on the BBY forums because they seem to be better there. In the future, if possible, try to not pay with such a high amount of rz certs. Personally I only do 20-30 on a game so as to avoid this exact situation.

My local store has told me that the system won't let them do a pricematch when I use RZ certs because the system views them as a coupon and not a payment method. So for example, if I pay using $20 RZ certs the pricematch would have to be for more than $20 for me to get anything, and it would only give me the amount past $20 back. And this was from a lady who has been there a while and knows what she's doing, and also has went out of her way to help me in the past so I'm inclined to believe her.

For that reason, I only use RZ certs on purchases that I know I won't be pricematching later on.

[quote name='argyle']My local store has told me that the system won't let them do a pricematch when I use RZ certs because the system views them as a coupon and not a payment method. So for example, if I pay using $20 RZ certs the pricematch would have to be for more than $20 for me to get anything, and it would only give me the amount past $20 back. And this was from a lady who has been there a while and knows what she's doing, and also has went out of her way to help me in the past so I'm inclined to believe her.

For that reason, I only use RZ certs on purchases that I know I won't be pricematching later on.[/QUOTE]

Hm, this is another reason why I prefer online orders and pming over the phone as I'm always able to pm even with Reward Zone coupons used. Usually they'll mention the price was already dropped, but once I explain that I used RZ coupons they process it normally and send a gift card my way as lately I've been using only gift cards and RZ coupons for payment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back