Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tcooley2003']So if I understand correctly, if you do this preorder bonus for the $20 gift card, you are still able to price match the game to competitors and still receive the gift card.

Is this correct? Sorry, this is my first time doing this BBY preorder promotion. I read through some of the posts in this thread but not all of them and could not find the answer to this.[/QUOTE]

It isn't a gift card, it is $20 worth of RZ points posted to your account (1000 points). Also yes, you are able to price match as many times as you want within your 30 (60 for RZ silver) day return period without it effecting your points.

Make sure you do a price match, and not a return and rebuy. Also orders placed online (even for in-store pickup) must be price matched over the phone.

[quote name='tcooley2003']So if I understand correctly, if you do this preorder bonus for the $20 gift card, you are still able to price match the game to competitors and still receive the gift card.

Is this correct? Sorry, this is my first time doing this BBY preorder promotion. I read through some of the posts in this thread but not all of them and could not find the answer to this.[/QUOTE]

Yes, most of the games having the 20$ promotion have cost me less than 20$ each after various price matches. Best promotion ever, stopped buying/trading at GS because of this.

Well I will be surprised if I get my $20 cert for DS3. Not a huge deal since I was only going to keep it if I could price match to $40 in the next 60 days.

So I am not sure if I got an uniformed employee or if this is actually true about the new pre-order system. I put $30 down and planned on using a $15 RZ cert when I picked it up today. Well she tells me that the new system won't allow RZ certs after money has been put on a pre-order and only when the pre-order is being made the first time. Something about shutting them out of that option. The only thing she could do is let me pay the balance and then refund me the $15 back to my credit card. So it says "loyalty adjustment" on a third receipt showing the $15 RZ cert. She did say price match would not be an issue but I have my doubts with how the receipts look. I will take pics and post them a little later.

Anyway, has anyone used a RZ cert DURING pick up yet with no issues?

Since I already have $30 down on 3 other pre-orders I think I am not even going to deal with RZ certs and just use them for Amazon cards.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I will be surprised if I get my $20 cert for DS3. Not a huge deal since I was only going to keep it if I could price match to $40 in the next 60 days.

So I am not sure if I got an uniformed employee or if this is actually true about the new pre-order system. I put $30 down and planned on using a $15 RZ cert when I picked it up today. Well she tells me that the new system won't allow RZ certs after money has been put on a pre-order and only when the pre-order is being made the first time. Something about shutting them out of that option. The only thing she could do is let me pay the balance and then refund me the $15 back to my credit card. So it says "loyalty adjustment" on a third receipt showing the $15 RZ cert. She did say price match would not be an issue but I have my doubts with how the receipts look. I will take pics and post them a little later.

Anyway, has anyone used a RZ cert DURING pick up yet with no issues?

Since I already have $30 down on 3 other pre-orders I think I am not even going to deal with RZ certs and just use them for Amazon cards.[/QUOTE]

Strange. While picking up DS3 the other day, I heard a manager telling an employee that you couldn't use RZ certs to pre-order a game. They actually commented about how dumb that was.

I won't be using any RZ points to buy any of these games, especially with this news. Think I will save them all for a big purchase like a new TV or the next-gen Xbox.

You can't use RZ certs on pre-orders when first pre ordering them now. It's pretty dumb, my friend was trying to pre-order crysis 3 with RZ certs last week and we spent like 15 minutes at the register because they couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. Then they finally came to the conclusion that you can't use them.

[quote name='vashtheowner']You can't use RZ certs on pre-orders when first pre ordering them now. It's pretty dumb, my friend was trying to pre-order crysis 3 with RZ certs last week and we spent like 15 minutes at the register because they couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. Then they finally came to the conclusion that you can't use them.[/QUOTE]

Well my experience today was I could not use them after the pre-order either. So maybe you cannot use them at all. I am just glad DS3 was not a game I was really wanting to play right away since I can just wait out the RZ page to see the damage. Anyway here are my 3 receipts I walked out with today.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The $4 discount was because when I did the deposit the guy doing my trade in forgot to add the 10% GCU so the manager said when I came to pick it up they would knock $4 off. Normally this BBY has its stuff together but the new pre-order system seems to have them confused. I thought when you upgrade something it was supposed to be easier. :)

pre ordered Tomb Raider, Dead Island Riptide, The Last of us and GTA 5. Damn costed so much money, wonder should I wait until they hit $20 like I always did until I joined the release day gamer bandwagon now lol

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is Best Buy not getting the $80 Survival Edition of The Last of Us? I would preorder that for the $20 RZ Certficate.

[quote name='TheLiptonDipper']I used $35 of RZ certificates when I picked my copy up on Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

How much did you have pre-paid?

So I don't really get it. If I do my usual $5 down, I can't use any of the $20 GC at the time of purchase of the next game?

Follow up Question- How are you guys liking Dead Space 3? I personally feel like it's bittersweet.

[quote name='vashtheowner']You can't use RZ certs on pre-orders when first pre ordering them now. It's pretty dumb, my friend was trying to pre-order crysis 3 with RZ certs last week and we spent like 15 minutes at the register because they couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. Then they finally came to the conclusion that you can't use them.[/QUOTE]

Looks like that's in-store only because I was just able to use a $5 RZ cert on my Metal Gear Rising pre-order which I did online with in-store pickup.

[quote name='KENFL0']I think I got silver status for my RZ but I didn't spend 2500 last year. Anybody have this happen to them?[/QUOTE]

Just noticed that on my account as well and I know I didn't spend $2500 last year either.

[quote name='KENFL0']I think I got silver status for my RZ but I didn't spend 2500 last year. Anybody have this happen to them?[/QUOTE]

Must be an error, it's showing up on my account too.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']
Follow up Question- How are you guys liking Dead Space 3? I personally feel like it's bittersweet.[/QUOTE]I like it, though I'm only on Chapter 6 (Hard) so far (
it's taking a lot longer to reach the ice planet than I expected
). While it's definitely more about tension than scares, I still love how it feels quicker to shoot things, especially with the dodge roll available.

[quote name='Foladar']Must be an error, it's showing up on my account too.[/QUOTE]

It is likely not an error. I was upgraded to Silver last year even though I didn't even spend $1000 at Best Buy throughout year. They sent me an email about 1-month after they gave me silver letting me know that they upgraded me because I was a valued customer. They gave me silver again this year even though I spent less this year. It is likely that they are hurting for business so they are trying to keep people purchasing from them in any way they can. Enjoy the benefits, the free shipping is especially nice :)

[quote name='Vigilante']I like it, though I'm only on Chapter 6 (Hard) so far (
it's taking a lot longer to reach the ice planet than I expected
). While it's definitely more about tension than scares, I still love how it feels quicker to shoot things, especially with the dodge roll available.[/QUOTE]

Chapter 4 myself. I don't hate the bench as much as I did at first, but its takes WAY too many shots to kill the easiest of enemies, it's ridiculous. After re-playing DS 2 right before this one, the feel of the game doesn't feel right. Guess im too picky, or I like the status quo ;).

I must be the only person really looking forward to the new Army of Two game coming out in March...I would've definitely used this promo for that game.

[quote name='Dund3r'] Think I will save them all for a big purchase like a new TV or the next-gen Xbox.[/QUOTE]The rumors seem to put the price point for the PS4 around $400 so after using this promo to the max a person would be able to score a next gen system for about $150. Combine that with a GC offer & you'll get a PS4/720 for cheaper than a PS3/X360 LOL.
Brand new nex gen system for 60% off plus any GC deal that's truly the CAG way no need to wait for a price drop just make your own. If only the PS4 came w/BC.

[quote name='vashtheowner']You can't use RZ certs on pre-orders when first pre ordering them now. It's pretty dumb[/QUOTE]That's not the dumb part at all the problem would be that RZ certs expire probably. So if you pre-ordered a game for $5 in January using a cert that expires in March for a game that releases in June when the "return" the pre-order you may lose the $5. It's a system flaw but as we all know with BB system's flawed.

[quote name='KENFL0']I think I got silver status for my RZ but I didn't spend 2500 last year. Anybody have this happen to them?[/QUOTE]You can get awarded silver status by spending $1500 in back to back yrs. Also, your trade ins count towards silver too so if you spent $1000 & traded in $500 you may still get it.

[quote name='kdiddy1989']I must be the only person really looking forward to the new Army of Two game coming out in March...I would've definitely used this promo for that game.[/QUOTE]I'd love it for this promo since it would be on sale in 3 weeks but the 2nd one under performed badly so I guess the suits didn't think it warranted to be in the promo.

Is it just me or is the RZ site taking forever to update? My purchases from New Year's Day is still pending and my purchase of Dead Space 3 is still not showing up.

[quote name='jr1016']Is it just me or is the RZ site taking forever to update? My purchases from New Year's Day is still pending and my purchase of Dead Space 3 is still not showing up.[/QUOTE]

There's a delay, it says so when you log into your account.

[quote name='jr1016']Is it just me or is the RZ site taking forever to update? My purchases from New Year's Day is still pending and my purchase of Dead Space 3 is still not showing up.[/QUOTE]It's not just you, BBY is just dealing with the end of the last fiscal year, and they have this to say (found on the right side at myrz.com when you're logged in):

[quote name='Best Buy']Between 2/3 and 2/23, new transactions will take longer to appear in your account. This is part of year-end account and system maintenance. During this time, you may still issue certificates if you have enough points available. No new transactions and/or points will be reflected in your account until after 2/23.[/QUOTE]

Picked up my copy of DS3 today and was able to use the $45 in certs that I got from the fall pre-orders. Also I was able to match the offer for the free guide from the Toys r us ad with no problems. The associate even asked if he could have the ad to do the same. Only weird thing was that he could only do a single transaction per item due to the new system instead of doing it all in one go like before.

Good to see that it was only that only guy who couldn't get his RZ certs. applied when he pick it up. Gonna buy the membership and preorder Tomb Raider, God of War:Ascension, and Bioshock Infinite later in the week. Gonna use all 3 on Last of US, hopefully the survival edition.

Since Best Buy just gave me the Welcome Packet for Renewing my subscription, can I use the Buy 2 games over $40 and get one free if I pick up Metal Gear Revengeance and Crysis 3 with a 3rd game? I'm not sure if they consider that double dipping because they come with the $20 Reward Zone credit. Has anyone here used these coupons with pre-orders before and had rejection or success?

My account randomly was upgrade to Premier Silver status. I didn't come anywhere near $2,500 last year, nor did I hit up BBY on any promo that would have instantly upgraded my account, but I'm not going to ask any questions. 60 day pm window is gonna be great for this pre-order promo.

WTH o.0 just logged in to check, AWSOME I got a random silver bump too!!!

Now I DEFINATELY will be picking up dead space 3, was Hesitating because meh, it was only 30 days to pm and I wanted to get a pm atleast at $40, even though I preordered.

[quote name='kellte2']My account randomly was upgrade to Premier Silver status. I didn't come anywhere near $2,500 last year, nor did I hit up BBY on any promo that would have instantly upgraded my account, but I'm not going to ask any questions. 60 day pm window is gonna be great for this pre-order promo.[/QUOTE]

it is a glitch and everyone on slickdeals confirmed they got it too. However you don't get any benefit of the true Silver membership

[quote name='red_devil32']it is a glitch and everyone on slickdeals confirmed they got it too. However you don't get any benefit of the true Silver membership[/QUOTE]

Have they confirmed it's a glitch???

[quote name='Hemi']Have they confirmed it's a glitch???[/QUOTE]

it is. You won't get the benefits like free Expedited Shipping etc...try that yourself

^^ You're welcome!

[quote name='Hemi']Have they confirmed it's a glitch???[/QUOTE]

Another Best Buy glitch? I love Best Buy, but they've had a rough couple weeks when it comes to their computer systems. On another glitch related note, I received a Best Buy Pitch-In card today and I can't make contributions to it because of some unresolved system issue...

[quote name='Dund3r']
Another Best Buy glitch? I love Best Buy, but they've had a rough couple weeks when it comes to their computer systems.[/QUOTE]

• Spend $100 Get $50 off fail.
  • Random pre-orders being backordered.
  • 3,000 pre-orders randomly canceled.
  • Premiere Silver for everyone.
Next up... Best Buy gets hacked and millions of credit card numbers stolen. :cold: They pull a newegg and free games for everyone. :D

I can't find the article but I remember reading that Best Buy is shipping out Bioshock Infinite for free of charge to some of the affected customers who had their preorders cancelled. I don't know if it's true or not but just thought I would share it.

[quote name='shurija']I can't find the article but I remember reading that Best Buy is shipping out Bioshock Infinite for free of charge to some of the affected customers who had their preorders cancelled. I don't know if it's true or not but just thought I would share it.[/QUOTE]
i guess you mean this ? http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/08/best-buy-fulfilling-some-bioshock-infinite-canceled-pre-orders-f/
LOl, they are actually paying you $20 rewardzone certif to play it. If they keep this up, it do not see bestbuy lasting beyond 2014

I don't think the silver thing is even a glitch. There is usually a bar there that tracks how close you are to silver status buy right not its replaced with the thing saying transactions are delayed till feb 23rd so it just looks like it says you have silver status.

Will they let me use the 60 day return? I'm 31 days out on a surround system, i want to return it.

Weird thing is, on my receipt is says premier silver as well, which i wasn't at the time i don't believe, and that was a month ago

[quote name='therealdanhill']Will they let me use the 60 day return? I'm 31 days out on a surround system, i want to return it.[/QUOTE]

Very highly unlikely.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Very highly unlikely.[/QUOTE]

I mean, i could even bring up my rz page for them, don't know if they would really refuse at that point. I'll prob try tomorrow, i just don't want to unhook all that for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back