Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cancerman1120']How much did you have pre-paid?[/QUOTE]
Sorry for the late response but I had the $5 deposit. I used the RZ certificates then finished paying with gift cards.

[quote name='therealdanhill']I mean, i could even bring up my rz page for them, don't know if they would really refuse at that point. I'll prob try tomorrow, i just don't want to unhook all that for nothing.[/QUOTE]

They know if you are a RZ silver or not once you give them your RZ info. Once you give them yours, even if you show them the page, it will come up on their computer screen that you are a regular RZ member, and will likely be denied the return.

You could get lucky and find a manager that doesn't care though.

[quote name='Deader2818']Where does it say you are a silver member?[/QUOTE]

It says premiere silver on my receipt and when i go to the reward zone page. I don't know if it matters but my buddy rang me up. If it says it on the receipt than i must have it right?

Oh and also in the rz app it shows premiere silver for that purchase but not for purchases after that when i look at the digital receipts

[quote name='therealdanhill']It says premiere silver on my receipt and when i go to the reward zone page. I don't know if it matters but my buddy rang me up. If it says it on the receipt than i must have it right?

Oh and also in the rz app it shows premiere silver for that purchase but not for purchases after that when i look at the digital receipts[/QUOTE]
FYI, if it actually says Premier Silver on the receipt it's actually "coded" in the system for that purchase. The system will allow that return (or price match). Also noteworthy to mention that 30/60 days means exactly that. Starting with the day of purchase. I mention this because some people don't factor in the day of purchase or months with 31 days. Outside of the 30/60 days a manager can override for returns, but not price matches. A gift card (or other compensation) can be given for the difference, but it's very rare.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Awesome, thanks dude. Do they normally do that with big purchases or is it because my friend rang me up? It was an open box item.[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure what your situation was/is. Where exactly does it say Premier Silver on the receipt? Is there a line item with your RZ member ID under it? Also, under the transactions (physical receipt) does it say "Your Name, Thanks for shopping..." and under that "As a Reward Zone Silver member,...return and exchange period...45 up to 60 days..." If it doesn't have that last part then you're SOL.

Well I wasn't going to get Metal Gear Rising, but after I played the demo today I did a complete 180 and decided to preorder. Already had $55 in reward certs I had to use before April so I've been trying to find something to spend the money on. Hope the final game doesn't suck!

I also noticed the Silver status on my account too. Figured it was some sort of Glitch.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Yes there is a line item, reward zone premiere silver, my member Id, -0.00. It doesn't have the second part, why would it have one and not the other?[/QUOTE]
Can't answer that. Maybe your friend scanned some coupon or something. Since you weren't PS then or now and the PS/return/exchange wordage is not there I doubt it's in the system.

I'm probably way, way late in asking this, but would I not get the most enjoyment out of MGR: Revengeance if I've only beaten the first MGS?

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm probably way, way late in asking this, but would I not get the most enjoyment out of MGR: Revengeance if I've only beaten the first MGS?[/QUOTE]
unless i am mistaken, MGR: Revengeance is a reboot for the series

[quote name='Deader2818']Its a spin off, not a reboot.[/QUOTE]

It's actually neither. The story takes place 4 years after MGS4, so it is canonical.

As for Vigilante's question, nobody here's finished the full game so we can't say for sure. However, I'd say if you're worried about the story, but haven't played MGS4 or even MGS2...it will probably be difficult to understand Raiden as a character. A lot of his backstory and motivations were explained in MGS2 and especially 4, which obviously carry over to Metal Gear Rising. It's possible that all of this will be explained/recapped in MG Rising, though.

If you're just in it for the gameplay, I wouldn't worry about it. Try playing the demo; it's completely different from any other Metal Gear game.

I pre-ordered and picked up Deadspace 3 from BBY.com. So far no pending points. Should I wait, or report them mission? Want to make sure I get the $20.

[quote name='kylerg']I pre-ordered and picked up Deadspace 3 from BBY.com. So far no pending points. Should I wait, or report them mission? Want to make sure I get the $20.[/QUOTE]

There's a delay going on with transactions. It's mentioned on the RWZ site when you log in and its going to last until 2/23, so no ones DS3 has posted to their account yet.

Quick question guys,

I pre-ordered the MGR: Revengeance LE from BB about a week ago after I saw they added the White pre-order bonus for Raiden.

Now as most of you realize, BB still hasn't updated the "Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered" thread, and as such no LE/CEs are listed with the $20 RZ cert. A few BB Reps on the forums however have already stated that we "should" be eligible for the it.

What I'm stumped about is, do you guys think I'll be okay even though my GCU will expire on the 15th of March? Since the RZ certs can take up to 30 days to post, I'm not sure if that could void it. I would think it wouldn't since I purchased it when I was already eligible. Figure I'd ask though!

[quote name='perfectsil']just got email from Best Buy, Last of Us release date changed to 6/18, haven't seen this on any gaming news sites[/QUOTE]

Probably an error considering the Best Buy website still says 5/7.

[quote name='perfectsil']just got email from Best Buy, Last of Us release date changed to 6/18, haven't seen this on any gaming news sites[/QUOTE]

Best Buy would be the last place I would believe about any kind of release date for a game. Unless Gamestop or Amazon change it, it's just another error by them.

Still annoyed they're not doing any pre-order bonuses or a GC for Naruto or even Colonial Marines. Bah.

Went to pre-order Dead Island: Riptide (a $20 GC + price-matching opportunities on a $50 game is a steal) and Bioshock Infinite today and it wouldn't let me pre-order Infinite and they didn't have any idea about the free steelbook.

So, question: Online it says I get a free steelbook for pre-ordering the Special Edition but only when it ships. So if I pre-order it in store, do I get one upfront or not? Do I not get one at all if they're out of steelbooks? Or is a Steelbook included with the special edition in the first place?

Other question: What exactly is the Bioshock Infinite pre-order bonus (the one that isn't the skin for the weapon)?

[quote name='BobbyTastic']

Other question: What exactly is the Bioshock Infinite pre-order bonus (the one that isn't the skin for the weapon)?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you are talking about the Bioshock Industrial Revolution game?

"BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution is a free puzzle game created by Lazy 8 Studios offered to anyone who pre-orders BioShock Infinite. The game puts you in the role of a factory worker within the sky-city of Columbia. You complete increasingly difficult puzzles while learning more about the warring factions in the game and earning in-game rewards. The game is available on Finkmanufacturing.com and offers 59 puzzles and the ability to unlock in-game items for BioShock Infinite on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 or PC" - IGN Wiki

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Still annoyed they're not doing any pre-order bonuses or a GC for Naruto or even Colonial Marines. Bah.

Went to pre-order Dead Island: Riptide (a $20 GC + price-matching opportunities on a $50 game is a steal) and Bioshock Infinite today and it wouldn't let me pre-order Infinite and they didn't have any idea about the free steelbook.

So, question: Online it says I get a free steelbook for pre-ordering the Special Edition but only when it ships. So if I pre-order it in store, do I get one upfront or not? Do I not get one at all if they're out of steelbooks? Or is a Steelbook included with the special edition in the first place?

Other question: What exactly is the Bioshock Infinite pre-order bonus (the one that isn't the skin for the weapon)?[/QUOTE]
Kmart is offering a $15 gaming coupon for Aliens this week. As for Naruto Best Buy is offering a collectible trading card and DBZ Goku skin.

The dead island steelbook are long gone since they actually gave them out last year around September during the same time as the Avengers steelbook. Not sure what is going on with Bioshock Infinite.

[quote name='Vigilante']Not to sound negative, but I think that trading card and Goku skin are included in all launch copies of Naruto: UNS3.[/QUOTE]
I think the trading card might be exclusive to Best Buy, I can't find any mention of it from gamestop or amazon.

You are going to have to buy riptide online for the steelbook now, It's worth it, and bioshock infinite you get the industrial revolution thing emailed to you.
In other new's, I picked up my deadspace 3 preorder, and applied $15 in RZ cert's, and it derped really hard on the $ total, it ignored my $5 deposit, even confused a manager lol, got it sorted out though.

I will wait till the reviews are out for Colonial Marines. The early reviews that leaked were pretty dam harsh. I think they do not drop till about 1 am PT though.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I will wait till the reviews are out for Colonial Marines. The early reviews that leaked were pretty dam harsh. I think they do not drop till about 1 am PT though.[/QUOTE]

You are correct IGN posts at 1am PT. Does anyone know if Crysis 3 will be better on PS3 or 360? I can't afford a nice PC. Thanks CAGs!

[quote name='kelo360']You are correct IGN posts at 1am PT. Does anyone know if Crysis 3 will be better on PS3 or 360? I can't afford a nice PC. Thanks CAGs![/QUOTE]

There is the MP beta on both consoles if you want to try it, seemed slightly smoother on the 360 for me though.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I will wait till the reviews are out for Colonial Marines. The early reviews that leaked were pretty dam harsh. I think they do not drop till about 1 am PT though.[/QUOTE]

it is that bad, lol

[quote name='Dund3r']I'm guessing you are talking about the Bioshock Industrial Revolution game? [/QUOTE]

Thanks, that's the one. I'm still kinda confused as to when you can play it/get the code, and what you can unlock, but I'll figure it out. I heard that the allegiance you pick in this mini-game may affect the main game's storyline?

[quote name='htz'] Kmart is offering a $15 gaming coupon for Aliens this week. As for Naruto Best Buy is offering a collectible trading card and DBZ Goku skin..[/QUOTE]

I wish K-mart wasn't a half-hour drive. Since it's a gaming coupon I'm guessing no one will PM it either. :( Surprised to see a good enough deal on it though since they canned Josh, though.

The Naruto stuff is all in the Day 1 edition, which is available @ GS as well (GS is also giving out a nice poster). Didn't know BB was offering it too. But since no one is offering GCs and I've never seen a Naruto game go on sale within the first 30 days, I think I'm gonna get it straight from Namco-Bandai website since it comes with the soundtrack and the poster. http://store.namcobandaigames.com/s...=UPhnWgoBAlgAAFhngfEAAAAk&rests=1360651584770

You can also shell out an extra $20 for an edition with a Naruto/Sasuke figure thing, but that'd be silly.

Thanks Hemi. I guess I'll place my order online then. Sucks they're out of stock in the stores..

As for Colonial Marines, I'm tempering my expectations since I've made myself familiar with all the bad press (made me cancel my CE pre-order). Maybe at least getting the $15 Bug Hunt DLC from Walmart will make me feel better. And as to why the game is crap, I blame the Borderlands franchise. :mad:

[quote name='kelo360']You are correct IGN posts at 1am PT. Does anyone know if Crysis 3 will be better on PS3 or 360? I can't afford a nice PC. Thanks CAGs![/QUOTE]
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-crysis-3-multiplayer-beta-demo-showdown
[quote name='Vigilante']Not to sound negative, but I think that trading card and Goku skin are included in all launch copies of Naruto: UNS3.[/QUOTE]
I did it to show BobbyTastic what Best Buy is offering for naruto, not necessarily referring to it as a BB exclusive pre-order bonus.

[quote name='klimb22']Also noteworthy to mention that 30/60 days means exactly that. Starting with the day of purchase. I mention this because some people don't factor in the day of purchase or months with 31 days. Outside of the 30/60 days a manager can override for returns, but not price matches. A gift card (or other compensation) can be given for the difference, but it's very rare.[/QUOTE]Never had an issue with a match on the 60/61 day to be honest it rarely happens that late. I doubt the reps will even be able to count that far back anyways once you say you got 60 days it's kinfa just a quite glance.

[quote name='eXiON']Now as most of you realize, BB still hasn't updated the "Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered" thread, and as such no LE/CEs are listed with the $20 RZ cert. A few BB Reps on the forums however have already stated that we "should" be eligible for the it.[/QUOTE]In the booklets for the $20 pre-orders the LE/CE/SE is listed at the very top of the 1st page. Plus there's never been a $20 GC/RZ pt offer like this where CE/SELE weren't included going all the way back to MW2 night vision googles.

The only issue I can remember was with system bundles that included the game.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']I wish K-mart wasn't a half-hour drive. Since it's a gaming coupon I'm guessing no one will PM it either. [/QUOTE]I was stunned at the # of people who were stating they got BB to pm the gaming coupons some got $15 BB GC(they reduced the game $15 & charged $15 for the GC) or just took $15 off the $60. Either works for me since it's a day 1 $45 pm basically.

Dead Space 3 has a $18 base TIV($37.80 w/GCU) keep in mind this is with the 100% so chances are the base rises to $22-$24 during the 50%.

Aliens has the same base TIV as well

Factoring in 6% tax a game pm to $40 would only "cost" $4.58 w/$18 base & 110% TIV so I'm good with that.

[quote name='Enuf']
In the booklets for the $20 pre-orders the LE/CE/SE is listed at the very top of the 1st page. Plus there's never been a $20 GC/RZ pt offer like this where CE/SELE weren't included going all the way back to MW2 night vision googles.

The only issue I can remember was with system bundles that included the game.
[/QUOTE]

As always, thanks Enuf for the helpful info. Haven't gone to Best Buy since last month and never even realized they had booklets with this info listed. Good to know I shouldn't have any issues, now I can't wait till the 19th. :bouncy:

[quote name='Enuf']Dead Space 3 has a $18 base TIV($37.80 w/GCU) keep in mind this is with the 100% so chances are the base rises to $22-$24 during the 50%.

Aliens has the same base TIV as well

Factoring in 6% tax a game pm to $40 would only "cost" $4.58 w/$18 base & 110% TIV so I'm good with that.[/QUOTE]
Hopefully that will be the norm for other releases too, I was surprised Ni No Kuni dropped so fast, along with DmC.

Not really the topic of this thread but people are talking about buying Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Looks like a big don't. But hey they had time to create a season pass instead of a great game.

IGN: 4.5/10
Destructoid 2.5/10
Eurogamer 3/10
Polygon 3/10
Gamespot 4.5/10
3D Juegos 3.8/10
EGM 9/10 (WTF?)
The Escapist 6/10
Gametrailers 5.9/10
Edge 5/10

Wow if it was not for Borderlands I would call Pitchford the biggest con-man in the industry. Bewteen this and Duke how can he sell a game with a straight face.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eXiON']As always, thanks Enuf for the helpful info. Haven't gone to Best Buy since last month and never even realized they had booklets with this info listed. Good to know I shouldn't have any issues, now I can't wait till the 19th. :bouncy:

Hopefully that will be the norm for other releases too, I was surprised Ni No Kuni dropped so fast, along with DmC.[/QUOTE]PS3 exclusives tend not to do well with BB & DmC was affected by the RE promo. For whatever reason BB will generally drop the values for games included in their promos(@gamer/RZ coupon/Weekly ad)

[quote name='cancerman1120']Not really the topic of this thread but people are talking about buying Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Looks like a big don't. But hey they had time to create a season pass instead of a great game.

Destructoid 2.5/10
Eurogamer 3/10
Polygon 3/10

Wow if it was not for Borderlands I would call Pitchford the biggest con-man in the industry. Bewteen this and Duke how can he sell a game with a straight face.[/QUOTE]I'm still gonna buy since I think this will mean a bigger pm in 60 days & I still get the bigger TIV. I love the franchise & would like to see them continue making(hopefully much better games) & I like the Devs. So for basically $15 or less true cost I give it a go. But no DLC for me as usual.

So I finally recieved my Dead Space 3 today and I was wondering, Is it the day that you recieve the item that the 30 days for price matching starts, or is it the day the item ships? Sorry for the noob question, this is the first time I've shipped an item that may be eligible for a PM. I usually do in store pickup with all my purchases.

[quote name='eXiON']As always, thanks Enuf for the helpful info. Haven't gone to Best Buy since last month and never even realized they had booklets with this info listed. Good to know I shouldn't have any issues, now I can't wait till the 19th. :bouncy:

Hopefully that will be the norm for other releases too, I was surprised Ni No Kuni dropped so fast, along with DmC.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Ni No Kuni or DmC started high in the first place.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Not really the topic of this thread but people are talking about buying Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Destructoid 2.5/10
Eurogamer 3/10
Polygon 3/10
Gamespot 4.5/10
3D Juegos 3.8/10
EGM 9/10 (WTF?)
The Escapist 6/10
Gametrailers 5.9/10
Edge 5/10

Wow if it was not for Borderlands I would call Pitchford the biggest con-man in the industry. Bewteen this and Duke how can he sell a game with a straight face.[/QUOTE]

License game is a license game is a license game. What did you expect? Plus if you followed the Aliens CE thread someone posted a video of two guys playing the game (which looked god aweful). I am definitely not surprised by the terrible scores.

[quote name='StryderOmega']License game is a license game is a license game. What did you expect? Plus if you followed the Aliens CE thread someone posted a video of two guys playing the game (which looked god aweful). I am definitely not surprised by the terrible scores.[/QUOTE]

Of course you're not.

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']So I finally recieved my Dead Space 3 today and I was wondering, Is it the day that you recieve the item that the 30 days for price matching starts, or is it the day the item ships? Sorry for the noob question, this is the first time I've shipped an item that may be eligible for a PM. I usually do in store pickup with all my purchases.[/QUOTE]

The ship date is the official start of the return and price matching period but if you get a nice rep, they can still price match for you after your pm period is over.

Need to decide between MGRR for the 360 or the PS3. Lately I feel like the PS3 has gotten slightly 'better' versions of games (and only one disc), but I heard Bayonetta was really bad on the PS3. What does everyone think?

if you thought the game of alien: colonial marine is bad, just look up the unboxing video of the collectors edition for it. LOL

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Need to decide between MGRR for the 360 or the PS3. Lately I feel like the PS3 has gotten slightly 'better' versions of games (and only one disc), but I heard Bayonetta was really bad on the PS3. What does everyone think?[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version gets exclusive VR missions in North America. Eurogamer also said it was smoother overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back