Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone seen their Halo 4 RZ certs post yet? I'm not even seeing the points/purchase hit my account yet (bought @ midnight release).

I'll give it a few more days until I start to inquire with their CS, but I was wondering if I was in the same boat as others or in the water.

[quote name='samejgink']Has anyone seen their Halo 4 RZ certs post yet? I'm not even seeing the points/purchase hit my account yet (bought @ midnight release).

I'll give it a few more days until I start to inquire with their CS, but I was wondering if I was in the same boat as others or in the water.[/QUOTE]

People calm down! It's been a week. It can take up to 30 days for them to pend.

People wonder why it takes days to get their preorder DLC. It's because of people continuously sending them messages about their points "problem" that eat up a majority of their time.

Just wondering can you use reward zone credit or gift cards to purchase say Call of Duty black ops 2 and still get the $20 reward certificate? Thanks so much :)

[quote name='dansoccerball']Just wondering can you use reward zone credit or gift cards to purchase say Call of Duty black ops 2 and still get the $20 reward certificate? Thanks so much :)[/QUOTE]

Yep!

[quote name='samejgink']Has anyone seen their Halo 4 RZ certs post yet? I'm not even seeing the points/purchase hit my account yet (bought @ midnight release).

I'll give it a few more days until I start to inquire with their CS, but I was wondering if I was in the same boat as others or in the water.[/QUOTE]

You could check to see if the transaction has been posted by clicking on report missing points. I guess it's easier to come on here and post though. CS won't do anything for you until it's been 30 days. To answer your question, no my points are only pending right now (not that I expected them to post a week after the game is released like a lot of people on here).

I can only speak for myself, but I can't imagine BBY will continue this promotion quarter after quarter if they continue to get calls, emails, questions in-store, and PMs regarding this points issue - all that requires people responding to these requests and that costs money and I can't imagine they're making a bunch of it off this promotion (even if the wholesale cost of Halo 4 is $40, selling it for $60 with a $20 GC doesn't leave much room for profit). If you can't wait the 30 days max specified before contacting them, you shouldn't pre-order the game. It's clear that there's a 30 day window - it isn't a mystery it may take that long to receive the points - it may even take several days to a week to see those points pending, even if the other points for the transaction are already visible as pending. Reading post after post of people asking where their points are days after release or even, in one case, days before the game actually is released, gets tiresome.

[quote name='aircobra']You could check to see if the transaction has been posted by clicking on report missing points. I guess it's easier to come on here and post though. CS won't do anything for you until it's been 30 days. To answer your question, no my points are only pending right now (not that I expected them to post a week after the game is released like a lot of people on here).[/QUOTE]

I came here after I checked my Rewards Zone page, hence me saying "I'm not even seeing the points/purchase hit my account yet." I misread the points/pending report because the total # of pending points is at 90. Clicking on the purchase link however reveals points and the 1000 pre-order points.

They're pending, and my question is answered.

I came here because I thought I had a problem, and I know this community KNOWS what is going on from shared experience, and I also come here to share knowledge where I can. I don't come here to ask questions that I can easily find with a google search, or without doing some research. In this case I made a mistake, and I own that, but I'd appreciate it if you would check your attitude.

If I had pre-ordered online and fully paid for Black Ops II on 9-28, over 40 days ago, shouldn't the points be listed by now as "pending?" I don't even see a transaction for it on my Reward Zone account, but I do see it on my Bestbuy.com account.

[quote name='Investor']If I had pre-ordered online and fully paid for Black Ops II on 9-28, over 40 days ago, shouldn't the points be listed by now as "pending?" I don't even see a transaction for it on my Reward Zone account, but I do see it on my Bestbuy.com account.[/QUOTE]

No. Because you didn't purchase the item yet. They only put a hold on the funds TO purchase it when it releases.

The clock starts when you pickup the game. When you pickup the game BBY makes an official claim to the funds and the transaction takes place.

If you meant just seeing the preorder in your RZ account (not the points etc) then I honestly don't know. I preorder exclusively in store.

I see. That is what I thought until I read a few post up top stating that people do see that their points are listed as "pending" for Black Ops II.

Now do they give you the pre-order bonuses when you pickup Black Ops II (the dogtag and the DLC code for Nuke Town 2025)?

[quote name='Jimmienoman']No. Because you didn't purchase the item yet. They only put a hold on the funds TO purchase it when it releases.

The clock starts when you pickup the game. When you pickup the game BBY makes an official claim to the funds and the transaction takes place.

If you meant just seeing the preorder in your RZ account (not the points etc) then I honestly don't know. I preorder exclusively in store.[/QUOTE]

What is standard procedure for picking up pre-order in store after only putting $5 down on pre-order a couple of days prior to release day pick-up? I am asking so I don't lose my $20 reward zone pre-order gamers club unlocked bonus.

When picking up, ensure you still have GCU. Then go up to CS and pick it up. It should be marked as an exchange at the top. Keep all receipts. That'll help you in case problems arise.

I know there's links to Best Buy, but it would be nice to see the release dates in the OP for quick reference.

02/05/13 Dead Space 3
02/19/13 Metal Gear Rising Revengeance
02/26/13 Bioshock Infinite
02/xx/13 Crysis 3
03/05/13 Tomb Raider
03/12/13 God of War: Ascension
03/19/13 Gears of War: Judgement
04/23/13 Dead Island Riptide
04/xx/13 Injustice: Gods Among Us
xx/xx/13 (Q2) Grand Theft Auto V
xx/xx/13 (Spring) Splinter Cell: Blacklist
xx/xx/13 (TBA) Last of Us
xx/xx/xx (Fiscal 2014) South Park: The Stick of Truth

Is there any way to pay for these games in full? Would love to take advantage of my Chase cc best buy cashback bonus that ends this year.

[quote name='sasuke543']Is there any way to pay for these games in full? Would love to take advantage of my Chase cc best buy cashback bonus that ends this year.[/QUOTE]

There should be a new system in place for a few of these games (GTA V for sure) that allows you to put down whatever you want on it over $5.

[quote name='sasuke543']Is there any way to pay for these games in full? Would love to take advantage of my Chase cc best buy cashback bonus that ends this year.[/QUOTE]

When I preordered AC3, I asked to pay for it in full and they were able to do it. It WAS kind of a hassle when checking out though. They had to do an exchange, but still ended up getting the 1000 points after submitting a missing points thing.

If you do your pre-order on BestBuy.com you will be required to pay in full. I pre-ordered my AC3 and BOps2 online and was required to pay in full.

[quote name='DrumsVocalsKeys']If you do your pre-order on BestBuy.com you will be required to pay in full. I pre-ordered my AC3 and BOps2 online and was required to pay in full.[/QUOTE]

unless youre paying by paypal they dont. They place a hold for the full amount, and keep refreshing the hold every couple of weeks, but the actual charge wont go thru until they ship out the game.

From what I've been reading the 1000 Bonus points should be listed under the actual game purchase in Point and Purchases. I pre-ordered COD:BLOPS2 in-store on 10/10 using a $5 RZ (also getting the COD @gamer mag free) I picked it up on 11/13 but all I see is:

Total Points Earned with this transaction 108

Purchases 54
RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo 54

The pickup was done as an exchange and my RZ # is on both receipts.

???

[quote name='edson13']unless youre paying by paypal they dont. They place a hold for the full amount, and keep refreshing the hold every couple of weeks, but the actual charge wont go thru until they ship out the game.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for this info. I wasn't aware of this.

So anyone here ever try to double dip with price matching, Best buy price match and visa/mastercard price protection? I think it would work, but credit card price protection requires paperwork and calling customer service. After all this work, if you include the $20 RZ as cash, it's almost like getting a free game lol.

[quote name='klimb22']From what I've been reading the 1000 Bonus points should be listed under the actual game purchase in Point and Purchases. I pre-ordered COD:BLOPS2 in-store on 10/10 using a $5 RZ (also getting the COD @gamer mag free) I picked it up on 11/13 but all I see is:

Total Points Earned with this transaction 108

Purchases 54
RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo 54

The pickup was done as an exchange and my RZ # is on both receipts.

???[/QUOTE]
1000 points should appear within a day, same thing happened to me

[quote name='usagi']So anyone here ever try to double dip with price matching, Best buy price match and visa/mastercard price protection? I think it would work, but credit card price protection requires paperwork and calling customer service. After all this work, if you include the $20 RZ as cash, it's almost like getting a free game lol.[/QUOTE]

If you're getting the BB PM, why would you need price protection? Stop trying to game the system. :roll:

[quote name='usagi']So anyone here ever try to double dip with price matching, Best buy price match and visa/mastercard price protection? I think it would work, but credit card price protection requires paperwork and calling customer service. After all this work, if you include the $20 RZ as cash, it's almost like getting a free game lol.[/QUOTE]

This is fraud. Also credit cards are pretty good at tracking this. Meaning the minute they see an adjustment made by Best Buy on that transaction they will reverse any credit they gave you.

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]What is not covered:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]The Price Protection Program does not apply to:[/FONT]

• [FONT=Verdana, Helvetica]Items purchased subject to rebate, redeemable manufacturer’s coupon, or any refund of any sort, in which case your purchase price will be determined by taking into account any such rebate or refund.[/FONT]

[quote name='DrumsVocalsKeys']If you do your pre-order on BestBuy.com you will be required to pay in full. I pre-ordered my AC3 and BOps2 online and was required to pay in full.[/QUOTE]

Not anymore. Their new system, which I believe is online now and was quoted by a mod, online you can now opt for how much you would like to put down on a preorder.

[quote name='KENFL0']1000 points should appear within a day, same thing happened to me[/QUOTE]

Stop telling people this. The pending points can take up to 2 weeks to go pending. They normally post in 5-7 days.

It can take up to 30-35 days for the points to post per the terms of the Victory can be Preordered deal.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Stop telling people this. The pending points can take up to 2 weeks to go pending. They normally post in 5-7 days.

It can take up to 30-35 days for the points to post per the terms of the Victory can be Preordered deal.[/QUOTE]
So it is common for the bonus points to show up after the qualifying purchase does? Will they be listed under the qualifying purchase or as a new line item?

[quote name='klimb22']So it is common for the bonus points to show up after the qualifying purchase does? Will they be listed under the qualifying purchase or as a new line item?[/QUOTE]

yes in my experience and no, it shows up in the original purchase at least for me.

[quote name='klimb22']So it is common for the bonus points to show up after the qualifying purchase does? Will they be listed under the qualifying purchase or as a new line item?[/QUOTE]

When they post as pending, you can view them under the purchase of the game at myrz.com

You have to expand the purchase history "+" button on the date you purchased it and at the bottom it will have the special offer pending points shown in orange.

Note that the special offer pending points do NOT show in the pending total by your posted points. They can only be viewed as pending when doing the above.

Again it can take 3-5 days for the special offers to be viewed as pending. Then it can take up to 30-35 days from time of purchase for the pending points to post as usable per the terms of Victory can be Preordered.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']When they post as pending, you can view them under the purchase of the game at myrz.com

You have to expand the purchase history "+" button on the date you purchased it and at the bottom it will have the special offer pending points shown in orange.

Note that the special offer pending points do NOT show in the pending total by your posted points. They can only be viewed as pending when doing the above.

Again it can take 3-5 days for the special offers to be viewed as pending. Then it can take up to 30-35 days from time of purchase for the pending points to post as usable per the terms of Victory can be Preordered.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I know all about the RZ site and points pending, posting and such, but I just wanted clarification as this is the first game I've done under this promotion.

[quote name='klimb22']Thanks. I know all about the RZ site and points pending, posting and such, but I just wanted clarification as this is the first game I've done under this promotion.[/QUOTE]

Yes. There's been a large rash of people posting on BBY forums wondering where their points are. Honestly, I talk with a couple BBY mods and feel bad cause they are understaffed and taking time to "research" this issue eats up their time.

Just try to stop the misconception as much as possible

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Yes. There's been a large rash of people posting on BBY forums wondering where their points are. Honestly, I talk with a couple BBY mods and feel bad cause they are understaffed and taking time to "research" this issue eats up their time.

Just try to stop the misconception as much as possible[/QUOTE]
I feel you...and this was supposed to go smoother than the 5/$100 from last year. People just need to be patient. I just wanted to know when/where I should expect to see the bonus points. Maybe they need to take Enuf's advice and issue a $20 GC right when you buy it with a no return stipulation.

[quote name='klimb22']I feel you...and this was supposed to go smoother than the 5/$100 from last year. People just need to be patient. I just wanted to know when/where I should expect to see the bonus points. Maybe they need to take Enuf's advice and issue a $20 GC right when you buy it with a no return stipulation.[/QUOTE]

The problem with doing that is that the $20 GC will be deducted from the game so future PMs have to be less than $40 to be eligible.

This way, although annoying at times, is simply AMAZING.

While the no return thing sounds good in theory, think of the massive mess it will be when a mom buys the wrong game, someone tries to return it as a gift etc.

And honestly this is much smoother than last year. It also spread out the problem over months instead of telling people "just wait" then all don't get it at the same time and you have to confront 1,000+ people yelling.

I subscribed to GCU in September because I planned on getting the Borderlands 2 CE. It it was sold out and I didn't buy anything until now. Finally got my BLOPSII HE in the mail yesterday so I'm waiting for the 1000 points to post. I will remain patient.

As for the new list I'm definitely getting the Bioshock Infinite CE and The Last of Us. Tomb Raider is a maybe as is Crysis 3. Everything else is a wait and see. Keep it up BestBuy and you'll have my money :)

Woke up to the surprise of having my 1000 points from CoD:BO 2 show as posted and not pending anymore. Got my $20 rz cert. already just in time for black friday.

No silver for me but I got alittle over $3000 points pending from black ops 2, halo 4, and assassins creed 3. C'mon hurry up and post. Anybody know how LNG the reward zone certificates r good for? Wonder if they don't post by Black Friday if I'd be able to save them till bioshock or god of war or something.

[quote name='Outlaw1986']No silver for me but I got alittle over $3000 points pending from black ops 2, halo 4, and assassins creed 3. C'mon hurry up and post. Anybody know how LNG the reward zone certificates r good for? Wonder if they don't post by Black Friday if I'd be able to save them till bioshock or god of war or something.[/QUOTE]

90 days for regular RZ, 180 days for silver.

[quote name='godsmack13']90 days for regular RZ, 180 days for silver.[/QUOTE]

They must have extended it, because I just printed out a RZ cert this week and it doesn't expire until June.

edit: I'm Silver

Think I will pre-order Dead Island Riptide and The Last of Us at some point for the promo.

Especially if DI is going to retail at $49.99

My points for Black Ops finally posted as pending. Funny thing is I paid for it completely with a gift card and somehow it is taking away 2 points from my 1000 because of it. lol. No big deal, it looks like it is posting as a -5 dollar transaction because of the tax.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Think I will pre-order Dead Island Riptide and The Last of Us at some point for the promo.

Especially if DI is going to retail at $49.99

My points for Black Ops finally posted as pending. Funny thing is I paid for it completely with a gift card and somehow it is taking away 2 points from my 1000 because of it. lol. No big deal, it looks like it is posting as a -5 dollar transaction because of the tax.[/QUOTE]

I paid completely with a gift card and got all the points. It's a bit random.

Can anyone confirm they have received their points from pre-orders of Halo 4 or Black Ops 2? I'm not sure what the normal turnaround time is, but I recall people saying they got their Borderlands 2 points within a week or so.

EDIT: Nevermind. I completely missed the pending points on my account.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']Can anyone confirm they have received their points from pre-orders of Halo 4 or Black Ops 2? I'm not sure what the normal turnaround time is, but I recall people saying they got their Borderlands 2 points within a week or so.[/QUOTE]

I received my points for Halo 4 within about a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back